PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me....

Seaman's Ponytail
17-10-2011, 05:22 AM
why some footballers want to take their shirts off when they've scored. Haven't caught up with all the threads since match time so apologies if this has been mentioned but RVP - Why??? Don't want to bag the guy cause we're obviously seriously arsed without him but that booking could be so costly later in the season when he picks up his 5th yellow. Maybe i could understand if he wanted to show off some great abs or maybe a shirt with a message on it but to pick up a booking when you've got a plain white singlet on underneath? I just don't get it :shrug:

Globalgunner
17-10-2011, 05:35 AM
Valid point seeing as RVP is practically scoring ALL the goals for us. He has to curb that nonsense...(taking his shirt off I mean, not scoring the goals). Fact is players arent really well known for thinking and acumen, otherwise we wouldnt have numpties like Diaby getting himself sent off when your team is 4-0 up, or Song stamping on a known dirtbag, or Gervinho for a measly caress of the cheek........Wait all these three incidents have involved the same opposing player. Aaaaahh!.

Japan Shaking All Over
17-10-2011, 06:42 AM
The first thing I thought after 'fu#king yes, get in there' was 'shit he's taken his shirt off, booking on its way!'

TBH thought he had got away with it unt I heard the commentator say that he had been booked. . .you are spot on cos RvP can quite easily pick up 5 yellows over the course of one campaign which would be costly.

Marc Overmars
17-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Stupid rule.

I can understand jumping into the crowd as it causes an issue with fans rushing forward into a bundle. Never understood this one though.

LDG
17-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Don't understand this one. Can understand if someone is showing off nekid flesh, i.e. with the thought of exposing oneself being improper....but when you've got a t-shirt on underneath it.

Just one of those bizarre rules that nobody can work out....

But then again....why do you want to take your shirt off....there is no logical reason for it....when I celebrate something, I don't want to de-robe myself. Unless I'm celebrating the fact I'm about to have intercourse.

Syn
17-10-2011, 10:12 AM
I don't understand half the celebrations. The sliding on the knees...or basically any 'trademarked' celebration that a player does.

Fist pump and jog back to the halfway line you bender.

LDG
17-10-2011, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wK_v9koL3Y

Flavs
17-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't understand half the celebrations. The sliding on the knees...or basically any 'trademarked' celebration that a player does.

Fist pump and jog back to the halfway line you bender.

You fuckin tin-man. Get some emotion

Coney
17-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Stupid rule.

I can understand jumping into the crowd as it causes an issue with fans rushing forward into a bundle. Never understood this one though.

The rule is in place to make it look as if the referees are cleaning up the game, otherwise they would be forced to focus on dangerous or cyncial professional fouls.

Fist of Lehmann
17-10-2011, 12:06 PM

Fist pump and jog back to the halfway line you bender.Don't know what job you do but is it one where you have the hopes of 60,000 people on you, ready to go "hooray!" when you pull it off? The spontaneous ones I can understand, it's the pre-mediated ones that are gay as.

Letters
17-10-2011, 01:17 PM
What's wrong with a nice manly handshake? :sulk:

Silly rule but the players know the rules and why would you take your shirt off anyway?
Ah yes, that universally accepted sign of celebration, the shirt take off :doh:

Coney
17-10-2011, 01:22 PM

Silly rule but the players know the rules and why would you take your shirt off anyway?

Not a sign of respect for the death of Dennis Richie then?

Flavs
17-10-2011, 01:37 PM

I think the rule was bought in originally to deter players from having messages on their under shirts and showing these when they score. (Ian Wright :pal:)

Also it would cause a sponsorship issue if your under garments were made by a different company to the kit sponsor

Finally if you do this when you know its a booking you are a raging homo.

Letters
17-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Finally if you do this when you know its a booking you are a raging homo.

Not that there's anything wrong with that these days.

I thought it was brought in to stop time wasting when some player took his shirt off and then couldn't get it back on again. Probably usually gets someone to dress him :rolleyes:

Flavs
17-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that these days.

God disowns you as one of his children after that statement

Japan Shaking All Over
17-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Very strong case that it is a silly rule. . . .but a rule nonetheless and one that should be kept in mind even though you have just won the game for your team as the consequences are severe indeed. . . .

A bit similar to paying ones taxes which I think is an extremely silly rule!

Niall_Quinn
17-10-2011, 04:37 PM
In the interview afterwards the bloke from Sky asked RvP if the booking was worth it for the goal celebration. RvP's reply - absolutely yes!

He's absolutely right too. The team's clambering back up from the shitter, nothing wrong with a bit of emotion considering how bad things have been.

Cripps_orig
17-10-2011, 06:21 PM
RVPs a cunt for doing it

Getting booked cost me points in the FFL

Cunt

Letters
17-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Don't know what job you do but is it one where you have the hopes of 60,000 people on you, ready to go "hooray!" when you pull it off? The spontaneous ones I can understand, it's the pre-mediated ones that are gay as.

I don't go "hooray!" when we score. I'm not from an Enid Blyton book :sulk:

Master Splinter
17-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm not from an Enid Blyton book :sulk:

Are you black?

Letters
17-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Golly, what makes you say that?

(no).

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-10-2011, 09:07 PM
i appreciate the pre-rehearsed goal celebrations, but for me the nonchalant finger wag as demonstrated by robert pires is the best.

Niall_Quinn
17-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't go "hooray!" when we score. I'm not from an Enid Blyton book :sulk:

"Spiffing, jolly good show what!?" What's that then? You'd be better off with "Hooray!", tbh. And stop clapping politely when the other team scores.

Niall_Quinn
17-10-2011, 11:01 PM
RVPs a cunt for doing it

Getting booked cost me points in the FFL

Cunt

A great performance from RvP all around. 10/10, scores 2, plays brillo and fucks up your FFL. Who could ask for more?

Cripps_orig
18-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Is asking for a world class manager at Arsenal instead of having a laughing stock that we have atm too much?

Niall_Quinn
18-10-2011, 03:15 AM
Is asking for a world class manager at Arsenal instead of having a laughing stock that we have atm too much?

Redknapp is going for the England job, he'd never come here anyway because the board wouldn't let him do his used car salesman routine during the transfer windows. Unless you mean Jamie?

-Xs-
18-10-2011, 05:32 AM
Redknapp is going for the England job, he'd never come here anyway because the board wouldn't let him do his used car salesman routine during the transfer windows. Unless you mean Jamie?

Literally...