2 awful sides going at it.

Thankfully we come away with a win.

Letters
19-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Wenger out :angry:

Syn
19-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Great result!

Koscielny was absolutely superb. Almost single-handedly got us that clean sheet.

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 08:38 PM

Best post in this thread

GP
Good win.

Koscielny was absolutely superb. Almost single-handedly got us that clean sheet.

Coney

Damn right. He is after 4 points from Marseilles so clearly he is going for the draw at the Emirates. What a tosser, eh.

LDG
19-10-2011, 08:39 PM
:patrice:

Away in Europe. One nil to the Arsenal. George Graham style.

Like 92/93.

Zimm must be extatic.

milla
Good win.

McNamara That Ghost...
Arsenal. :bow:

Actually, that's the textbook way to play away in Europe, footballistically, I mean.

fakeyank
19-10-2011, 08:40 PM
:dance:

Garbage game but a win nonetheless.

Xhaka Can’t
Professional away performance led by Kos. Deserved result.

Niall_Quinn
Marvellous result.

Marc Overmars
Excellent result!

Fully deserved.

Shit game truth be told, Marseille weren't interested. Credit to the boys for plugging away despite nothing going for them, it just takes a second, Gervinho's sloppy touch puts in Rambo and boom! That's all we needed.

Great position now. We shouldn't have any trouble polishing that lot off at home.

Come on you Gunners!

Coney

Actually, that's the textbook way to play away in Europe, footballistically, I mean.

:good:

We are beginning to show bouncebackability.

Cripps_orig
Positives - we won. Mertesacker was superb again. Koscielny decided to have a good game as well for once in his career and Djourou did well when he came on at RB where hes usually a car wreck.

Negatives - Midfield and attack were fucking shite. No creativity in there whatsoever.

LDG
19-10-2011, 08:41 PM
All in all, a cracking result.

However, we would have been pushed to keep a clean sheet, had it not been for Koscielny.

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Excellent result!

Fully deserved.

Shit game truth be told, Marseille weren't interested. Credit to the boys for plugging away, it just takes a second. Gervinho's sloppy touch puts in Rambo and boom! That's all we needed.

Great position now. We shouldn't have any trouble polishing that lot off at home.

Come on you Gunners!

You know we are Arsenal dont you?

Letters
19-10-2011, 08:44 PM
We've won 5 out of the last 6. Wenger out. :angry:

Marc Overmars
19-10-2011, 08:45 PM
You know we are Arsenal dont you?

Sshh.

Just enjoy an important win in the context of this group. :good:

Not often we score last minute goals anymore either.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Last minute wins. :bow:

Forgotten how that feels.

Cripps_orig
We've won 5 out of the last 6. Wenger out. :angry:

We've only faced one decent team in that and we lost that. :lol:

Agree with last 2 words though

McNamara That Ghost...
Awful performance and against a better side we wouldn't have won this. Credit to Koscielny and Jenkinson who looked good throughout the game, but Santos was extremely sloppy in possession, the midfield 3 are devoid of any creativity and upfront we were pathetic. Walcott barely resembles a footballer sometimes, Arshavin's been "out of form" for two years and RVP was terrible as well.

Unfortunately, this is what we'll have to expect from us for the rest of the season. Gone are the days of creative, free flowing football.

You predicted a 2-1 defeat, we won, surely just once you can be a little bit happy?

21_GOONER_SALUTE
19-10-2011, 08:47 PM
I wish i could get my 2 hours back! A truly terrible game of football. Oh and how any coach could have left gervinho, one of the stars of ligue1, on the bench for so long while walcot was busy stinking up the place, should go down as a war crime. Awful, and even us winning doesn't make me feel any better.

LDG
Sshh.

Just enjoy an important win in the context of this group. :good:

Not often we score last minute goals anymore either.

I was just moaning at the TV how we always get done in the last minute, and never get the elation ourselves anymore.

And then boom!! :lol:

Letters
Moaners :pal:

Syn
19-10-2011, 08:48 PM
You predicted a 2-1 defeat, we won, surely just once you can be a little bit happy?

Of course he's happy (if he's an Arsenal fan). He's just attention-seeking.

Niall_Quinn
19-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Of course he's happy (if he's an Arsenal fan). He's just attention-seeking.

Joker
19-10-2011, 08:49 PM

I am happy, but this was a very poor Marseille side (much worse than I expected) and for large parts of the game we didn't look much better. When Wilshere returns to the midfield things will get better, but he'll only come back in December, so we're going to have to rely on Arteta and Rosicky for a few months yet, which is worrying.

LDG
19-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Awful performance and against a better side we wouldn't have won this. Credit to Koscielny and Jenkinson who looked good throughout the game, but Santos was extremely sloppy in possession, the midfield 3 are devoid of any creativity and upfront we were pathetic. Walcott barely resembles a footballer sometimes, Arshavin's been "out of form" for two years and RVP was terrible as well.

Unfortunately, this is what we'll have to expect from us for the rest of the season. Gone are the days of creative, free flowing football.

...you make me grey when skies are happy!

My only Arsenal...

etc..

Bloody hell. Cheer up ya cunt.

Marc Overmars
19-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I wish i could get my 2 hours back! A truly terrible game of football. Oh and how any coach could have left gervinho, one of the stars of ligue1, on the bench for so long while walcot was busy stinking up the place, should go down as a war crime. Awful, and even us winning doesn't make me feel any better.

Gervinho looked so much better than Theo and Arshavin in just 10 minutes.

Stick a fork in them, they're done.

Cripps_orig
Also credit where its due to Wenger.

Hes had a shocking 6 years and should be sacked but fair play to him for the sub today.

Sure he made the wrong move taking Theo off for a shiteass like Gervinho but he did also bring Ramsey on who scored

Wenger :bow:

Still should fuck off though

Syn

<_<

I hate GP.

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 08:51 PM
I am happy, but this was a very poor Marseille side (much worse than I expected) and for large parts of the game we didn't look much better. When Wilshere returns to the midfield things will get better, but he'll only come back in December, so we're going to have to rely on Arteta and Rosicky for a few months yet, which is worrying.

January not december

And January is being optimistic

In other words, i dont expect to see him in an Arsenal shirt til next season at the earliest

GP
19-10-2011, 08:52 PM
GP :bow:

Niall_Quinn

Rosicky is playing better thann he's done in years. Granted he's been injured for years, but still. And I'm not sure why Arteta is getting so much stick. He's no Fabregas, but he's solid enough. Provided we keep Benayoun off the field we'll be fine.

fari
i am over the moon...feels good to do someone else for a change

McNamara That Ghost...
19-10-2011, 08:53 PM

Well, that's the way to get a result away in the Champion League. Man Utd have perfected that kind of performance in recent years (specifically talking about Europe here). We defended well, which is encouraging.

Power n Glory
Good defensive display and a good result. Awful performance from the midfield. Arteta is a passenger player. Disappointing performances across the field but we won. Merts and Kozza were great today.

Joker

Hes had a shocking 6 years and should be sacked but fair play to him for the sub today.

Sure he made the wrong move taking Theo off for a shiteass like Gervinho but he did also bring Ramsey on who scored

How can you say Gervinho shouldn't have been bought on? I still have doubts about him but in the short time he was on the pitch he looked 150% more effective than Walcott. I think this marks the beginning of a long spell on the sidelines for LOLcott and Arshavin. Time for Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain to be given a go IMO.

Cripps_orig
Wenger interview on itv

LDG
19-10-2011, 08:54 PM
i am over the moon...feels good to do someone else for a change

##

LDG
Adrian er Chiles. Errr.

Cripps_orig
How can you say Gervinho shouldn't have been bought on? I still have doubts about him but in the short time he was on the pitch he looked 150% more effective than Walcott. I think this marks the beginning of a long spell on the sidelines for LOLcott and Arshavin. Time for Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain to be given a go IMO.

Cos Theos better and Gervinhos a bit shit?

Joker
19-10-2011, 08:55 PM

On current form Theo should be nowhere near the first team. We either change the formation to a 4-4-2 and give him a chance upfront or he has to be benched.

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 08:57 PM
On current form Theo should be nowhere near the first team. We either change the formation to a 4-4-2 and give him a chance upfront or he has to be benched.

Tbf on current form, all of them should be benched.

Then again this is the first time ive seen Arsenal since the Olympiakos game so have no idea about recent form. Ive just been going by the results. Yaying at the wins, laughing at the losses of which there has only been one but it was against Spuds

Power n Glory
19-10-2011, 08:58 PM

I like Theo but he played shit. Gervinho was more effective and on current form, Theo should be on the bench.

Coney
19-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Joker

Are you new here?

KESSLER
19-10-2011, 09:01 PM
WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111 :jumpnana::jumpnana::jumpnana:

Rambo :bow:

Kozza :bow:

fakeyank
19-10-2011, 09:03 PM
I am happy, but this was a very poor Marseille side (much worse than I expected) and for large parts of the game we didn't look much better. When Wilshere returns to the midfield things will get better, but he'll only come back in December 2012, so we're going to have to rely on Arteta and Rosicky for a few months yet, which is worrying.

Just corrected your mistake

Daniele
19-10-2011, 09:10 PM
we won and deserved it.Oh and arpund the end of the game Djourou even understood that he had to pass the ball to the players wearing the same shirt as his.

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 09:12 PM
That should be a Jo Djo assist as well.

Unfortunately for him and fortunately for Arsenal, Gervinho is a bit shite and couldnt control that enabling Ramsey to score the winner

PGFC
19-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm a little bit :patrice: and a little bit :shrug: but I'll take sloppy 1-0 wins until the end of May if that's all right Mr W.

Syn
19-10-2011, 09:17 PM
That should be a Jo Djo assist as well.

Unfortunately for him and fortunately for Arsenal, Gervinho is a bit shite and couldnt control that enabling Ramsey to score the winner

You're not being funny. Stop being a child.

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 09:20 PM
You're not being funny. Stop being a child.But its ok for you to call Theo shit?

Double standards from Syn

What a surprise :rolleyes:

Syn
19-10-2011, 09:22 PM
But its ok for you to call Theo shit?

Double standards from Syn

What a surprise :rolleyes:

I've also always said that Theo can be a very effective player and is a good finisher. At the moment, he's putting in a lot of shit performances and can't take anyone on. I'm calling it like it is.

I'm above playing the pathetic 'favourites' game.

Coney
19-10-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm a little bit :patrice: and a little bit :shrug: but I'll take sloppy 1-0 wins until the end of May if that's all right Mr W.

:good: That would get us the quadruple. :)

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 09:25 PM
I've also always said that Theo can be a very effective player and is a good finisher. At the moment, he's putting in a lot of shit performances and can't take anyone on. I'm calling it like it is.

And as soon as Gervinho does likewise, il say the same.

Until then STFU and GTFO tbh

Coney
19-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Watching ITV+1 atm. 82 minutes into the game. 0-0. Will Marseilles jump on a silly defensive error? We certainly won't score. ..... Hope we will hang on for the draw.

Syn
19-10-2011, 09:28 PM
And as soon as Gervinho does likewise, il say the same.

Gervinho was good today in the 20 or mins he had. That's just plain obvious to see. You saying otherwise is just attention-seeking. It's all getting tiring now...just start calling it like it is - this 'I support Mertesacker, Walcott etc. and I hate Szczesny, Gervinho etc.' stuff got boring 437932847 years ago.

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Gervinho was good today in the 20 or mins he had. That's just plain obvious to see. You saying otherwise is just attention-seeking. It's all getting tiring now...just start calling it like it is - this 'I support Mertesacker, Walcott etc. and I hate Szczesny, Gervinho etc.' stuff got boring 437932847 years ago.

Yes one miscontrol and hes the best player in the park :lol:

Did nothing else that Theo didnt do but of course you wouldnt see that cos youre a Theo hater and spare me the holier than thou attitude please cos youre just as bad at it as i am. Only difference is i dont hide behind the holier than thou attitude to try and score points with the mods and other posters cos i dont really give a fuck what they think just like i dont with what you think.

Pretty simple tbh :)

Letters
19-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Watching ITV+1 atm. 82 minutes into the game. 0-0. Will Marseilles jump on a silly defensive error? We certainly won't score. ..... Hope we will hang on for the draw.

If RvP doesn't score then no-one will.

:(

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Anyway back on topic

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/65970/olympique-de-marseille-vs-arsenal/player-ratings

Player ratings

How does the flop of the match get a 7? :lol:

Syn
19-10-2011, 09:40 PM
spare me the holier than thou attitude please cos youre just as bad at it as i am.

:lol:

Nope, it's quite clear I don't do that 'favourites' thing. 'Theo hater' wtf? When he does well, I say he did well. I try to call it like it is and I do...it's quite easy to do. Unless you're going to do the same, I have no need to read such shit with the ignore function around. Seriously, you need to grow out of it.

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 09:41 PM
2154: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on his side's last-gasp win in Marseille: "For the qualification, it was a very important goal - and for our confidence too. It was a scrappy game. Marseille defended well but in the last 15 minutes we started to create chances and it was a case of patience, discipline and intelligence. The spirit was good and our attitude was right."

Spirit :bow:

We should name our squad the Spirit Squad

Niall_Quinn
19-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Anyway back on topic

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/65970/olympique-de-marseille-vs-arsenal/player-ratings

Player ratings

How does the flop of the match get a 7? :lol:

He didn't, he got a 5 and so did Arshavin.

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 09:43 PM

Nope, it's quite clear I don't do that 'favourites' thing. 'Theo hater' wtf? When he does well, I say he did well. I try to call it like it is and I do...it's quite easy to do. Unless you're going to do the same, I have no need to read such shit with the ignore function around. Seriously, you need to grow out of it.

Like against Bolton in the 3-0 win?

If you say so

And if you need reminding, heres the link http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=799&highlight=bolton

This is a game Theo played well, got an assist, was involved in Bolton going down to 10 men and was a constant threat to Boltons defence.

Proof in the pudding right there.

I accept your apology so lets put an end to it now and move on

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 09:44 PM
He didn't, he got a 5 and so did Arshavin.

They changed it.

They had the flop as their Spanish right back

milla
19-10-2011, 09:52 PM

Theo is probably on the brink of joining "give me what I want or I am out" bandwagon, looks disinterested most of the time IMO. :coffee:

selassie
19-10-2011, 10:03 PM
I thought we played quite well in spells tonight and got a deserved victory. 2nd half I felt we looked at times quite solid, especially at the back. Kos was outstanding, Mertesacker played well too.

In Midfield we looked pretty solid, Song & Arteta bossed it, Rosicky chipped in too, he's playing quite well at the moment.

Overall I was very happy with the result seeing as I thought we were going to lose before the game.

I still have some major concerns about the team, Offensively we looked awful & have done so all season, totally devoid of ideas and generally clueless, I actually think we need to buy some offensive players in the January Window if we want to move this team forward, we're in desperate need of at least 1 top class ready made Wide forward if we insist on playing 4-3-3 but that conversation is for another thread.

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 10:04 PM
on the late victory...
We left it very late but we had a difficult start. We lost some balls in the first half due to the fact Marseille pressed us well.

They didn't find their fluency but in the second half we took over and I don't think Marseille were dangerous at all [after half-time]. Marseille defended very well but you could see in the last 15 minutes we created some chances and were rewarded because we kept going and got an important victory.

on the potential to win the group...
We've made a little step forward but we have to be humble. We are a team who must continue to grow and we have to show that. the next game at home against Marseille is very important."

on growing with confidence…
Yes it will help us but if you look back last five or six games you will see we only have one defeat. We are slowly getting there - that will help tonight.

on Carl Jenkinson's injury…
He has a knee problem. He overstretched his knee and we will check that tomorrow.

on Aaron Ramsey's impact...
It was a great finish, you see Ramsey in front of goal and you know you have a good chance to score. He is a goalscorer.

I do not want to overplay him. I have seen in my mind that he had been injured for a year - Wilshere played a lot last year [and is now injured]. I try to be a bit more cautious when I can.

on the question of luck...
We lost two points in Dortmund in the last seconds of the game. We lost a Champions League Final in the last part of the game with 10 men. We are not always lucky but when you face good opposition you need to take your chances.

on the second half improvement...
I felt like we needed to be patient and intelligent. You could see our midfield had experience - we didn't make stupid mistakes and we didn't play stupid balls. It's an important win but you take any win away from home in the Champions League.

on Marseille's chances of taking second place...
They have a chance to qualify. They are a good team, they were intelligent and disciplined. The game was blocked tactically by two teams. We tried to push Marseille but sometimes this is the way of football, these games happen.

Nothing silly there

Master Splinter
20-10-2011, 01:34 AM

The Age Of The WUM :rose:.

Master Splinter
20-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Effective performance in Europe and a good away win.

Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker were excellent. Djourou didn't trigger a disaster, so that's a huge bonus.

Of course Jenkinson will be out for six months now, because we're cursed.

Arteta is currently offering nothing, much like Walcott for the past several weeks (Bolton aside). Arshavin again absolutely useless. His decent cameo against Sunderland lead many to think he was back. The real Arshavin was back today.

Santos' attempts to make sure we were the losing side can maybe be forgiven as he's new. Needs to sort the idiocy out quick though. He's also fat, like Arshavin.

milla
20-10-2011, 02:13 AM

Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker were excellent. Djourou didn't trigger a disaster, so that's a huge bonus.

Arteta is currently offering nothing, much like Walcott for the past several weeks (Bolton aside). Arshavin again absolutely useless. His decent cameo against Sunderland lead many to think he was back. The real Arshavin was back today.

Santos' attempts to make sure we were the losing side can maybe be forgiven as he's new. Needs to sort the idiocy out quick though. He's also fat, like Arshavin.

Tis is probably the best post match summary ever IMO. :coffee:

hobson's choice
20-10-2011, 03:46 AM
Good result, but my lord what an awful game, like watching too shit teams trying to play good football, and Marseille just said fuck it and gave up in the second half, knowing how shit they are.

We are not a good team, going forward we just look downright awful and so predictable.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Good result, but my lord what an awful game, like watching too shit teams trying to play good football, and Marseille just said fuck it and gave up in the second half, knowing how shit they are.

We are not a good team, going forward we just look downright awful and so predictable.

This is probably the best post match summary ever IMO.

Didn't watch the game!
time difference between Japan and Europe :hail:

fakeyank
20-10-2011, 07:28 AM

Dont be fooled by the clean sheet, our defense is nothing to brag about either!

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2011, 08:12 AM

Don't matter how much of a poor side they are if they defend well like a team, it could be hard to break them down, its not easy to go thera and win tbh, end of the day ot was about the result, perfomances will come with confidence as we go on.

seeing the lads go off happy yesterday was good to see their confidence is rising hopefully they will do better as we go on.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2011, 08:14 AM

:hit:

Totally agree with this tbh summs it right up

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Dont be fooled by the clean sheet, our defense is nothing to brag about either!

A clean sheet is a clean sheet, be happy ffs all you do i moan you tit, biggest arsenal fan my elbow.

Letters
20-10-2011, 08:26 AM
FY has the final stages of ZD. Symptoms include moaning when we win and brain death.

FY :rose:

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2011, 08:27 AM
I can't believe the yapping in this thread. Some of it by people who complained when we'd rip teams apart but somehow still contrive not to get a result.

Yesterday, we were professional, players worked hard, and they never gave up. For this, they were rewarded with 3 points, and this was a reward they deserved.

I've long since come to terms with the fact we don't have the likes of Pires, Henry and Campbell anymore. The one thing I never come to terms with or excuse is a lack of work ethic, and that was there last night.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2011, 08:30 AM
It was good to see us changing the game up, Had we just passed passed that final ball like normal we may not have scored. so it was good to see the ball for JD, lets hope for more in the future.

im happy this season we are learing to mix and match our play.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-10-2011, 08:32 AM
FY has the final stages of ZD. Symptoms include moaning when we win and brain death.

FY :rose:

May Allah protect his soul. . . .

Letters
20-10-2011, 08:36 AM
I can't believe the yapping in this thread. Some of it by people who complained when we'd rip teams apart but somehow still contrive not to get a result.

Are you new here?

How do you do the TM thing on this place? <_<

server too busy!
20-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Good result. Kossa was awesome, he reminds me a bit of Vermaelen when he plays well..similar kind of defending style.

Walcott looked awful, just can't hold the ball up and gets disposessed too easily. Same can be said of Arshavin, they need to hold the ball up and try to be a bit more inventive. If Walcott has someone close to him he basically panicks and passes back or loses the ball, needs to make more runs behind. Gervinho needs to start, he offers exactly what Walcott doesn't, holds up the ball, takes people on and adds that bit of threat we need in the wide areas. Walcott can only play in a 4-4-2 I fear.

Arteta was also disappointing, there were several occassions he had the chance to play a ball over the top for RvP or an early pass and just delayed it causing the opportunity to go or the player to run offside. He needs to increase his confidence in the final third to become effective. Maybe that will come in time.

Great result though and people are forgetting we are only the second English team ever to win in Marseille!

LDG
20-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Great result!

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Good result. Kossa was awesome, he reminds me a bit of Vermaelen when he plays well..similar kind of defending style.Walcott looked awful, just can't hold the ball up and gets disposessed too easily. Same can be said of Arshavin, they need to hold the ball up and try to be a bit more inventive. If Walcott has someone close to him he basically panicks and passes back or loses the ball, needs to make more runs behind. Gervinho needs to start, he offers exactly what Walcott doesn't, holds up the ball, takes people on and adds that bit of threat we need in the wide areas. Walcott can only play in a 4-4-2 I fear.

Arteta was also disappointing, there were several occassions he had the chance to play a ball over the top for RvP or an early pass and just delayed it causing the opportunity to go or the player to run offside. He needs to increase his confidence in the final third to become effective. Maybe that will come in time.

Great result though and people are forgetting we are only the second English team ever to win in Marseille!

This, it seems like he was a big fish in a small pond at everton, he deffo needs help in the middle of the park hopefull when Jack comes back or if a replacement for cesc and nasri are bought he may look better.

As for Kos he was superb, it seems Europe suits him more then the EPL. good to have him as back up i suppsose. Lets hope he can keep on doing it and give AW a headache of who to pick even when TV 5 comes back.

LDG
20-10-2011, 10:01 AM
FWIW, Arteta is not playing in his ideal position. Nothing to do with his ability.

He's being played deep, and not in the role that Fabregas occupied further up the pitch.

Wenger sets up his midfield to have a sitter, a link player, and more forward playing midfielder. It was Song, Denilson, Fabregas. Right now, it's Song, Arteta, Rosicky.

Arteta is more potent further forward, and is more of a threat in and around the box (see Everton). For now, it seems Wenger has him playing the link role, and therefore some of his attacking threat is nulified.

He's clearly better than Denilson at the job though. He doesn't lose possession so frequently, and certainly adds more defensively....people who said he was shit last night, should see how much he was working to cover off their attacking midfielders, and how many times he broke up their play.

But I wouldn't expect the moaners to see that, tbh.

server too busy!
20-10-2011, 10:14 AM
No but he was renowned for having a creative spark. No doubt he is covering defensively and doesn't give the ball away, but he isn't adding anything in attack. He doesn't seem to have the confidence to play a little dinked ball over the top or an early throughball when he does get the opportunity. At the moment his game seems to be maintaining possession... which is fine until we need that little bit of craft. Also this type of game all falls apart when he passes it out to Walcott or Arshavin who then give the ball away.

He's playing within himself, I'd like to see a bit more creativity on his behalf. A couple of Fabregas QB passes wouldn't go amiss.

LDG
20-10-2011, 10:20 AM
No but he was renowned for having a creative spark. No doubt he is covering defensively and doesn't give the ball away, but he isn't adding anything in attack. He doesn't seem to have the confidence to play a little dinked ball over the top or an early throughball when he does get the opportunity. At the moment his game seems to be maintaining possession... which is fine until we need that little bit of craft. Also this type of game all falls apart when he passes it out to Walcott or Arshavin who then give the ball away.

He's playing within himself, I'd like to see a bit more creativity on his behalf. A couple of Fabregas QB passes wouldn't go amiss.

The whole team are playing within themselves mate.

A lot of this is down to confidence. Right now, it's about getting results. Fuck the pretty football. That can come later.

A lot of the danger we face, comes from NOT have the ball, and therefore, a bit of patience, keeping possession and hard work to grind out results is much more preferable for the time being. The hollywood shit can come later.

He did a superb job last night. How much threat came down the middle from them?? Not very much. And they have some quality players....games like last night are about getting results. Arteta will grow into it...it's only his fifth game or so, don't forget....and look how much better Mertesecker was last night...it takes time.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Areta is still finding his feet and I believe will come good and surprise a few but probably not enough.

Jack coing back will not change his role. . . .and that is what we are waiting for. Jack has the same energy as Cahill and may provide Mikel with the impertus he needs.

LDG
20-10-2011, 10:25 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arteta-we-are-doing-the-basics-right-now

QED :whistle:

Japan Shaking All Over
20-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Defensively better. . .lets hope he's right. .. .Stokw, Delap throws, Crouxh on Sat will test that. . , fuck Crouch vs Merts is a Must See

dazthegooner
20-10-2011, 11:02 AM
The thing is with Arteta is that people are comparing him as a poor mans Fabregas and yes he isn't as good but then not many midfielders are think he's doing well personally and will get better.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Think back to the 8-2 against Utd, that was the lowest of low points. Now we're topping a CL group with 3 at least decent sides in it (no Genk for us) including the German champs. Whichever way you cut it, that's progress so credit where it's due. Luckily the players aren't taking a steer from some of our fans who only seem to get more miserable when we win. Wenger didn't say or do anything mad last night either, another step forwards. 5 wins out of our last 6, and yes the spuds game still fucks me off but we didn't deserve to lose that one. Things are going a hell of a lot better than I feared they might. It's easy to throw the towel in and accept your fate when you hit the low point. Our players haven't done that, our manager hasn't done that. They're fighting back. We're not there yet but they're giving me something I can put my support behind and I hope they can keep it going. Come on lads.

It's like I always say - fuck the board, I hope they all die. Cunts.

LDG
20-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Agreed.

There's something different about us these last few weeks. Big worries still abound, but we're certainly fighting a bit more. Astonished by Rosicky's workrate :faint:

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Agreed.

There's something different about us these last few weeks. Big worries still abound, but we're certainly fighting a bit more. Astonished by Rosicky's workrate :faint:

Also Kos, who's looked 100% more confident.

Last night Koscielny was absolutely superb. Almost single-handedly got us that clean sheet.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Think back to the 8-2 against Utd, that was the lowest of low points. Now we're topping a CL group with 3 at least decent sides in it (no Genk for us) including the German champs. Whichever way you cut it, that's progress so credit where it's due. Luckily the players aren't taking a steer from some of our fans who only seem to get more miserable when we win. Wenger didn't say or do anything mad last night either, another step forwards. 5 wins out of our last 6, and yes the spuds game still fucks me off but we didn't deserve to lose that one. Things are going a hell of a lot better than I feared they might. It's easy to throw the towel in and accept your fate when you hit the low point. Our players haven't done that, our manager hasn't done that. They're fighting back. We're not there yet but they're giving me something I can put my support behind and I hope they can keep it going. Come on lads.It's like I always say - fuck the board, I hope they all die. Cunts.

:gp:

I agree its easy to be caught up in doom and gloom and we did start bad and it felt like the Footbal GODS hated us. because whatever could go wrong could.

If the Manager and players can get throught this bad time with good mental strength. then i don't see why with the right signings to lift everyone further we can't win soemthing this season.

The bit in bold is true, i think its giving us hope even if its a tiny bit, it gets fans excited tbh. Not saying we should go overboard but still we can be happy again.

but i agree the board can FOAD tbh

bignev
Think back to the 8-2 against Utd, that was the lowest of low points. Now we're topping a CL group with 3 at least decent sides in it (no Genk for us) including the German champs. Whichever way you cut it, that's progress so credit where it's due. Luckily the players aren't taking a steer from some of our fans who only seem to get more miserable when we win. Wenger didn't say or do anything mad last night either, another step forwards. 5 wins out of our last 6, and yes the spuds game still fucks me off but we didn't deserve to lose that one. Things are going a hell of a lot better than I feared they might. It's easy to throw the towel in and accept your fate when you hit the low point. Our players haven't done that, our manager hasn't done that. They're fighting back. We're not there yet but they're giving me something I can put my support behind and I hope they can keep it going. Come on lads.

It's like I always say - fuck the board, I hope they all die. Cunts.

I can't really explain it very well but last night I got a real sense of the team battling together. Regardless of if they played well or not I thought everyone put in a shift and fought for the team.

I'm almost optimistic that this bad spell might have done us long term good. It might have taught us we have to fight for every game to get results.

Too early to say. Lets see what happens against Stoke.

Xhaka Can’t
Niall and LDG sitting on a tree...

Marc Overmars
20-10-2011, 11:38 AM
We have Chelsea next weekend, that represents a real opportunity to draw a line under the this terrible year and kick on.

Of course we could be back to square one by the same token.

You never know what Arsenal will turn up.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2011, 11:40 AM
:gp:

I agree its easy to be caught up in doom and gloom and we did start bad and it felt like the Footbal GODS hated us. because whatever could go wrong could.

If the Manager and players can get throught this bad time with good mental strength. then i don't see why with the right signings to lift everyone further we can't win soemthing this season.

The bit in bold is true, i think its giving us hope even if its a tiny bit, it gets fans excited tbh. Not saying we should go overboard but still we can be happy again.

but i agree the board can FOAD tbh

We've moved past "let's not get humiliated" and onto the "let's not lose" stage. Still some way to go until we can talk about winning trophies. Catching the spuds is priority #1. If we can finish above them even when the club is in tatters we can have a right laugh at their expense. And imagine the depression and desperation in the spud ranks, forever in our shadow, even when it's a tiny, teeny weeny little shadow. We must do this.

Coney
20-10-2011, 11:55 AM
We've moved past "let's not get humiliated" and onto the "let's not lose" stage. Still some way to go until we can talk about winning trophies. Catching the spuds is priority #1. If we can finish above them even when the club is in tatters we can have a right laugh at their expense. And imagine the depression and desperation in the spud ranks, forever in our shadow, even when it's a tiny, teeny weeny little shadow. We must do this.

Catching spuds should most definitely not be #1 or anything else. Our focus should be on what is best for us to challenge for trophies. Spuds should be considered irrelevant except if we are playing against them, when we need the points just like against any other club. Treating spuds as anything special is a mistake on more than one level. If they want to be fixated on comparing themselves to us, if they want to think beating us in a single game is more important than focusing on league position and winning trophies, let them have that screwed up perspective. We should be above that.

LDG
20-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Niall and LDG sitting on a tree...

'Ark at her. Jealous bitch.

Letters
20-10-2011, 12:07 PM
We have Chelsea next weekend, that represents a real opportunity to draw a line under the this terrible year and kick on.

Of course we could be back to square one by the same token.

You never know what Arsenal will turn up.

Losing to Chelsea away is hardly back to square one. That's a tough game in any season.

We had a bloody awful summer in the transfer market and a pretty disasterous start to the season, it has to be remembered we had some tough games and we lost them all and there were some other bad results too. From what Wenger's said recently morale was rock bottom over the summer and while we've lost a few good players it seems we might have lost more.
The last few games haven't been hugely convincing but we've won 5 out of 6 now, there's a bit of momentum building and you could see by the reaction of the players after the game on Saturday they saw it as an important win. Hopefully they're gaining a bit of confidence and we can work our way up the table.

We're not a great side any more but we're not suddenly a terrible one, we are good enough to push for top 4 IMO, I think that's the limit of our ambitions this year in the league and it's not the gimme it once was but we're not as bad as some on here have made out.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Catching spuds should most definitely not be #1 or anything else. Our focus should be on what is best for us to challenge for trophies. Spuds should be considered irrelevant except if we are playing against them, when we need the points just like against any other club. Treating spuds as anything special is a mistake on more than one level. If they want to be fixated on comparing themselves to us, if they want to think beating us in a single game is more important than focusing on league position and winning trophies, let them have that screwed up perspective. We should be above that.

Finishing above those wankers is all about league position, they'll be up there by the end. If we finish above them we might well finish 4th. There's still so many things wrong with this team and the confidence is only held together with sellotape, we absolutely should not be talking about trophies. Let's see what happens up and through the Christmas period and if all goes well then maybe. But for now it's back to basics, and one of the basics for any Arsenal fan is staying ahead of the spuds. That's the goal for me anyway, plus a bit of entertainment would be nice.

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Then came big nev and Charlie

:blink:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2011, 12:51 PM
:blink:

Not like that

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 12:55 PM
We may have won 5 out of 6 but lets look at the bigger picture shall we?

During that run, we've had the easiest run of home games of all time and even a draw in any of them would have been scandalous. We havent looked convincing in any of them and that tells me a lot more. One hard game we had was Spuds away and we got our arses handed to us then.

So whilst im pleased we are winning whilst playing crap, ultimately if we keep playing crap, we'll eventually stop winning

Marc Overmars
20-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Right ray of sunshine aren't you beta.

Power n Glory
20-10-2011, 01:05 PM

He needs more time but I’m disappointed so far. He’s not looking to receive the ball and when he does he’s playing bad passes. Our midfield looks disjointed and the gaps between the three are too wide. They need to keep it more compact and start bossing the middle. Our possession play is suffering.

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Right ray of sunshine aren't you beta.A realistic ray of sunshine tbh.

You yourself have mentioned the Chelsea game coming up. If we play as we have done recently despite winning the games, we'll lose this one and we are right back to square one.

Still a couple of games to go before then albeit 2 home games. Im looking for 2 wins and 2 good performances where we insert our authority and show no mercy. Get confidence really sky high for the Chelsea game. Playing shit and winning 1-0 helps no one in the long term

LDG
20-10-2011, 01:07 PM

During that run, we've had the easiest run of home games of all time and even a draw in any of them would have been scandalous. We havent looked convincing in any of them and that tells me a lot more. One hard game we had was Spuds away and we got our arses handed to us then.

So whilst im pleased we are winning whilst playing crap, ultimately if we keep playing crap, we'll eventually stop winning

How would you know. You didn't watch any of 'em.

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 01:09 PM
How would you know. You didn't watch any of 'em.

Extended highlights on Arsenal player, reading the match reports etc

Dont have to watch the games to know we have been shite.

Or am i wrong and we have looked brilliant in these games and have nothing to worry about and the quadruples coming home as some would have you believe cos we won 4 out of 5?

If im wrong, i apologise

Letters
20-10-2011, 01:10 PM

Confidence was rock bottom after a disasterous summer and a very poor start to the league season. We didn't play crap last Saturday, we were very good for 20 minutes and then admittedly started to wobble. It's a positive that we didn't fall apart after the equaliser but came out strong in the 2nd half and while we struggled to get over the line we got there and you could see at the end what it meant to the players.
You need results to build confidence and you need confidence to get results, we've not always looked convincing during our decent run but right now it's all about results. A win on Sunday and we're right in the mix again.

Letters
20-10-2011, 01:11 PM

Or am i wrong and we have looked brilliant in these games and have nothing to worry about and the quadruples coming home as some would have you believe cos we won 4 out of 5?

Are those the only two options?

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Are those the only two options?Yes. Pick one

LDG
20-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Extended highlights on Arsenal player, reading the match reports etc

If im wrong, i apologise

I think the point is, we've got a bit of consistency, and in this instance, not losing has been the key. Of course we can play better, and nobody (from what I've seen) is going OTT. Things just feel a little more positive after a few wins.

Of course it can change, and we will need to play better to beat better teams....but a win is a win in anyone's book. Utd played shite half of last year and won the league. Ain't saying we'll be anywhere near that, but three points is all the matters right now.

And spuds didn't hand our arses to us. We didn't deserve to lose that, by any stretch.

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2011, 01:19 PM
I think the point is, we've got a bit of consistency, and in this instance, not losing has been the key. Of course we can play better, and nobody (from what I've seen) is going OTT. Things just feel a little more positive after a few wins.

Of course it can change, and we will need to play better to beat better teams....but a win is a win in anyone's book. Utd played shite half of last year and won the league. Ain't saying we'll be anywhere near that, but three points is all the matters right now.

And spuds didn't hand our arses to us. We didn't deserve to lose that, by any stretch.

The longer this team continue to work hard and get results, the greater our confidence will become and this will hopefully reflect upon future performances.

Right now it is ALL about working on the basics and getting results. The fancy dan play can wait.

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Confidence was rock bottom after a disasterous time from February onwards to the summer and a very poor start to the league season. We didn't play crap last Saturday, we were very good for 20 minutes and then admittedly started to wobble. It's a positive that we didn't fall apart after the equaliser but came out strong in the 2nd half and while we struggled to get over the line we got there and you could see at the end what it meant to the players.
You need results to build confidence and you need confidence to get results, we've not always looked convincing during our decent run but right now it's all about results. A win on Sunday and we're right in the mix again.

Just corrected your little mistake there

As good as RVPs free kick was, it is a bit worrying we couldnt open up Sunderland who are on a even more worse run than us in open play. Fortunately we had one of those once in a blue moon events and RVP scored a free kick so we got away with it but he wont score them all the time, hell id say he wont score FKs 20% of the time. We look really poor in attack, we all know about our defensive frailities. We have a long way to go to get top 4. Spuds and Liverpool will need to have a shocking run of Arsenal proportions for us to get above them. Cant see it.

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Yes a win is a win but we've got quite a few now in a short space of time. Confidence should be pretty high and we should now be looking on to move on to the next level ie playing well and inserting our authority over games.

If we win 1-0 v Stoke but we play well and have lots of chances then il be happy with that. If we win 1-0 but were holding on at the end as Stoke dominate ala the Swansea game then i dont see as much of an improvement

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Everybody knows it is impossible to make up 4 points in only 30 games.

Letters
20-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Spuds and Liverpool will need to have a shocking run of Arsenal proportions for us to get above them. Cant see it.

Rubbish. Liverpool are 4 points ahead of us. In October. It's nothing.
Spurs only 3. Let's say 6 if you want to include the game in hand and assume they win it.
But still, it's very early days and with our start being 4 points off 5th isn't so bad.

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Everybody knows it is impossible to make up 4 points in only 30 games.The way we are playing and the way they are playing, it'll get a lot larger before it gets smaller

LDG
20-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Just corrected your little mistake there

As good as RVPs free kick was, it is a bit worrying we couldnt open up Sunderland who are on a even more worse run than us in open play. Fortunately we had one of those once in a blue moon events and RVP scored a free kick so we got away with it but he wont score them all the time, hell id say he wont score FKs 20% of the time. We look really poor in attack, we all know about our defensive frailities. We have a long way to go to get top 4. Spuds and Liverpool will need to have a shocking run of Arsenal proportions for us to get above them. Cant see it.

To be honest mate, those "once in a blue moon" free kicks and wonder goals seem to happen to us all the fucking time, and other teams get away with it. So why can't we.

Let's face it, whilst the quality (IMO) is no where near what it has been in the past (certainly from us, but also other teams), the league is certainly more competetive than it has been for a while. There are very few gimme's. So 3 points wherever you go is good news.

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 01:41 PM
To be honest mate, those "once in a blue moon" free kicks and wonder goals seem to happen to us all the fucking time, and other teams get away with it. So why can't we.

Let's face it, whilst the quality (IMO) is no where near what it has been in the past (certainly from us, but also other teams), the league is certainly more competetive than it has been for a while. There are very few gimme's. So 3 points wherever you go is good news.

That does annoy the fuck out of me as well but we very rarely shoot from distance so no wonder we dont see those type of goals for us. I believe we didnt score a goal at the Emirates from outside the area last season which is a bit shocking.

Letters
20-10-2011, 01:46 PM
The way we are playing and the way they are playing, it'll get a lot larger before it gets smaller

Let's see. Around this time last year people had handed Chelsea the title, they started like a train and then went on an awful run. It's a long season, you've been watching football long enough to know how quickly things can change.
We've not looked brilliant in the last few games but neither have we been shit. We've battled well and got the results and right now that'll do.

selassie
20-10-2011, 02:00 PM
I can't really explain it very well but last night I got a real sense of the team battling together. Regardless of if they played well or not I thought everyone put in a shift and fought for the team.

I'm almost optimistic that this bad spell might have done us long term good. It might have taught us we have to fight for every game to get results.

Too early to say. Lets see what happens against Stoke.

:good:

Yep, I think if we're honest we can all see this is one of the weakest if not weakest teams we've had since Arsene has been in charge, I think battling to victory is pretty much a pre-requisite now because we're no longer technically a cut above any of our rivals. I was pleased with us last night defensively and to a lesser degree with our play in the Middle of the Park. Offensively is where our problems currently lie, which IMHO has a lot to do with our wide forwards not being able to retain possession, making poor decisions & generally lacking in confidence.

Master Splinter
20-10-2011, 02:06 PM
How do you do the TM thing on this place? <_<

:good:.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Don't think anyone is making any proclamations about us being some sort of finished article, we know there is a lot left to be desired. It's just that wins have been very scarce and hard to come by since February, so this mini run is just a light relief.

I'm not even convinced we'll win on Sunday that's how low expectations have dropped for me, so any result is very welcome, big or small.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Not like that

It was EXACTLY like that, you dirty bastards.

Fist of Lehmann
20-10-2011, 03:25 PM
:good:.Nice One™

Japan Shaking All Over
20-10-2011, 03:46 PM

I wouldnt go as far as making finishing above Spurs our priority #1 as I feel that it should be to win every game as to be competitive to the end in every competition we play in.
We may still be lacking compared to some other teams which has us unable to occupy our minds with similar aspirations but there is absolute no reason why we cant feel we can compete with any one of our so called peers.

If we make finishing above Spurs our mission we are not looking ahead too far, we may even leave ourselves open to the same low amibition accusations we level at the Wenger and board.

I am in no way going against you NQ, God forbid more often than not I agree with you, I hope that one of our aims is to finish above the Spuds as to do so in our current state would certainly be a kick in the nuts to that collective group of sub humans but in the same breath I hope we are still aiming to finish above all other teams by going out to get something from every game - OK slightly optimistic, yes but shit tis the season

Japan Shaking All Over
20-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Nice One™

Letters doesnt know how to write

LDG
20-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Letters doesnt know how to write

Neither do I :(

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Neither do I :(

:crying:©®¥™

Japan Shaking All Over
20-10-2011, 04:18 PM
It's a secret

Coney
20-10-2011, 04:34 PM
The way we are playing and the way they are playing, it'll get a lot larger before it gets smaller

Well, while I often get excited watching football, it is not in that kind of way.

fakeyank
20-10-2011, 05:03 PM
A clean sheet is a clean sheet, be happy ffs all you do i moan you tit, biggest arsenal fan my elbow.

Oh come on now.. you AW lovers are the only ones with the right to joke or something. Any genuine concern about the team or a joke about it is taken as not being a good supporter. Get off the high horse y'all.. seriously! :banghead:
I posted that its a good win in the first page itself. I am happy we look likely to progress to the next round.. am I worried about the defense.. fuck yes!

Ollie the Optimist
20-10-2011, 05:10 PM

even though walcott was utter shit last night? at least gervinho tires to take on his man.

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 05:12 PM
even though walcott was utter shit last night? at least gervinho tires to take on his man.So from a post that praises Wenger, you got that out of it?

Very pessimistic of you

Ollie the Optimist
20-10-2011, 05:16 PM
So from a post that praises Wenger, you got that out of it?

Very pessimistic of you

no i just dont understand how you think gervinho is shit. he always takes on his man, often beats him and gets balls into the box. theo does fuck all, he and arshavin were not playing yesterday imo. you didnt notice them at all

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2011, 05:22 PM
no i just dont understand how you think gervinho is shit. he always takes on his man, often beats him and gets balls into the box. theo does fuck all, he and arshavin were not playing yesterday imo. you didnt notice them at all

That is quite a homoerotic post.

Özim
20-10-2011, 06:46 PM
I wouldnt go as far as making finishing above Spurs our priority #1 as I feel that it should be to win every game as to be competitive to the end in every competition we play in.
We may still be lacking compared to some other teams which has us unable to occupy our minds with similar aspirations but there is absolute no reason why we cant feel we can compete with any one of our so called peers.

If we make finishing above Spurs our mission we are not looking ahead too far, we may even leave ourselves open to the same low amibition accusations we level at the Wenger and board.

I am in no way going against you NQ, God forbid more often than not I agree with you, I hope that one of our aims is to finish above the Spuds as to do so in our current state would certainly be a kick in the nuts to that collective group of sub humans but in the same breath I hope we are still aiming to finish above all other teams by going out to get something from every game - OK slightly optimistic, yes but shit tis the season
Will you never learn :sulk:

Priority #1
Priority #2
Priority #3

Get rid of that clueless manager at the helm, kick ******* out, send Hill-Wood and co packing and we're back in business!

Maestro
20-10-2011, 07:08 PM
:o

"inserting our authority over games"

"it'll get a lot larger before it gets smaller"

clean up in Isle 13 ....quickly :police: it's messy

seriously Ach?

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 07:09 PM

Priority #1
Priority #2
Priority #3

Get rid of that clueless manager at the helm, kick ******* out, send Hill-Wood and co packing and we're back in business!Isnt that the same thing?

Hes so shit we kick him out twice? Sounds good to me

Özim
20-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Isnt that the same thing?

Hes so shit we kick him out twice? Sounds good to me
Yeah thought kicking him out once was too good for him to be honest :lol:

It was meant to be a continuation rather than a 2nd thing, but yeah agreed twice sounds good.

Letters
20-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Final stages of ZD

:console:

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 07:23 PM
What's more lethal?ZD or Wengeritis?Its the million dollar question

Letters
20-10-2011, 07:23 PM
:lol: It is a good question.

:wacko:

Özim
20-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Final stages of ZD

:console:
Don't worry about Wenger Letters, he's got spirit and togetherness when you have that you don't need anything else!

Japan Shaking All Over
21-10-2011, 02:45 AM

Priority #1
Priority #2
Priority #3

Get rid of that clueless manager at the helm, kick ******* out, send Hill-Wood and co packing and we're back in business!

Not too sure if I agree with your exasperation for me to learn as the last time I checked the main priority for aby sports team was to win/do their level best at their designated sport. I have heard that our board may have a slighted warped version of this ie they are out to get as much as they can, lets just say that ATM we are controlled by a unique breed of mammal. But in terms of the playing staff I have absolutely no doubt that their number 1 priority is and should be to win games.

As for Wenger, although not an advocate for him to lynched from the nearest birch or prone to label him with names rhyming with 'hunt' and 'trucker', I do sometimes wonder if a change of management could hekp our club. However this is not going to happen within the time period most desire which is something a few in GW need to learn!
This does not mean that I begrudge the expression of such views however there are a few for whatever reason still go about this in the wrong way - but I suppose it is a free world! ?

Japan Shaking All Over
21-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Showing the game on Japanes tv now

Letters
21-10-2011, 02:11 PM

Better not tell you the result then.

LDG
21-10-2011, 02:51 PM

It was 0-1.

RVP scored in injury time :good:

server too busy!
21-10-2011, 03:08 PM
It was 0-1.

Thought it was Ramsey.....

Japan Shaking All Over
21-10-2011, 03:25 PM
It was 0-1.

I know already cod face!
Just that CL games have a two day delay

But you know what - Koscielny was absolutely superb. Almost single-handedly got us that clean sheet.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Thought it was Ramsey.....

It was STB!

Take no notice of LDG. . .he's probably balls deep in some over-aged virgin and finding it difficult to focus. . .