23-10-2011, 02:26 PM
A win

Still a fair bit of work to do. . .next the Chavs

gunnerrrrr
23-10-2011, 02:27 PM
RVP - best striker in the world

AKBapologist
23-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Shows you how much we need another RVP in this side.

As ever, Striker needed.

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Watched the beat down at Old Trafford so I have no idea what happened in this.

RVP. :bow:

That is all.

Syn
23-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Excellent game from Gervinho - nice to have a winger that can beat players consistently, and a well taken goal too. (tm)

Kos and Song also had excellent games. I thought Arteta was much more involved and took risks worth taking. Had it not been for a dodgy freekick leading to their goal (and a clearcut penalty for us), we'd have won that even more comfortably.

Very good performance - that 15 mins spell around about the time Van Persie came on was as good as we've played for a long time. The passing was quick and accurate.

server too busy!
23-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Watched the beat down at Old Trafford so I have no idea what happened in this.

RVP. :bow:

That is all.

Twat, good to see Arsenal supporters giving more of a shit about their rivals!

GP
23-10-2011, 02:30 PM
We're back!

McNamara That Ghost...
23-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Anyone off to Oatcake?

:ninja:

fakeyank
made up 2 points on Utd!

server too busy!
Gervinho played well, you can see so much difference in quality between him and Walcott. Walcott needs to be dropped and either Park or AOC to start

server too busy!
made up 2 points on Utd!

Dont you mean 3?

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Fuck off.

I didn't have access to any coverage.

So yeah, fuck off. :good:

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 02:33 PM
RvP is the biz. Bad decision by Wenger to leave him out, Chamakh was (of course) utter shit. Walcott was slightly worse. Both these players are a total waste of space and we played the first 70 minutes with 9 men. It showed. Once we got our top players on the pitch it was all over. Vital win and we battled well for the second time in as many weeks to hang on to the lead, good stuff. Highly encouraging from Gervinho who was a lot less wasteful today. Defence did okay, Chesney was the weakest link today with some barmy decision making. But we had enough to keep the dreadful Stoke kick and rush, lump it long and chuck and hope "game" at bay.

More progress but Wenger still can't help tinkering and risking derailment.

Ref was an utter, utter, utter, cock.

AKBapologist
23-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Gervinho played well, you can see so much difference in quality between him and Walcott. Walcott needs to be dropped and either Park or AOC to start
Yeah, long defended him, but he's been poor since the CL qualifiers.

AKBapologist
23-10-2011, 02:34 PM
RvP is the biz. Bad decision by Wenger to leave him out,
Considering that he's still fit, and we won the game how was it a bad decision?

Given a half decent ref and we would have been 2-0 at half time.

Özim
Didn't watch this but good result and RVP once again the star.

Clearly when he leaves next summer we're going to be totally f*cked.

Niall_Quinn
(tm)

That won't stop me, call your lawyer if you want, it won't make any difference.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Considering that he's still fit, and we won the game how was it a bad decision?

Given a half decent ref and we would have been 2-0 at half time.

Well let's never play him again and make him live in a bungalow.

You don't leave your top striker out when he's on form. Especially if you're going to replace him with the worst player in PL history.

Özim
23-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Well let's never play him again and make him live in a bungalow.

You don't leave your top striker out when he's on form. Especially if you're going to replace him with the worst player in PL history.
Totally right, it's a joke to leave your best striker out when the rest are utterly sh*t, it would be more understandable if we had adequate cover from players who can score goals and are quality, we don't so shocking decision by Mr Clueless...he's just lucky his star man got him out of jail.

fakeyank
23-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Dont you mean 3?

Yes, my bad!

hobson's choice
23-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Great result, best striker in the world, we are slowly getting things right.

On and upwards Arsenal

Japan Shaking All Over
23-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Gerv showed us what he can do for a whole game today, as we had only seen glimpses till now. . .good buy

Kos and Merts plsyed well together as well, we can complain about their goal but it was extremely well worked and a number of teams would have been caught out too.

Wenger saying we are better at set pieces was obviously referring to convential ones. . .a few more training sessions for the half dozen brain cells our defence possesses for more advanced fks.

RvP is the man but we so clearly have no ther option up front in the role Wenger insists using every game, Chamak held up play well a few times but his strikers instinct is about as alive as a T-Rex.

Özim

On and upwards Arsenal
Wouldn't got that far, there's a fair few players vying for that position of best in the world.

Joker
At the moment we only have a few players on form. We need the rest to start pulling their weight, because there will be games when RVP, Gervinho, Koscielny are off colour and lose their form, and if Walcott, Arteta, Chamakh etc aren't able to step up, we're in deep trouble. We've got a lot of games coming up and our squad is going to be tested to the limit.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-10-2011, 02:44 PM

On and upwards Arsenal

Think we were short without RvP. . . .I am still ready to give Chamak a chance but not in this formation

Marc Overmars
Back to back league wins. :faint:

Mancs fucked. :haha:

Has Christmas come early?

Can't wait for MOTD 2.

milla
Gervinho: 5 crosses - 2 assists.

Walnut: 3 crosses - area 51, row 27,28,29. :coffee:

Joker
23-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Gervinho: 5 crosses - 2 assists.

Walnut: 3 crosses - area 51, row 27,28,29. :coffee:

Time to give Oxlade a chance.

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Pleased to hear Gervinho had another productive game.

He might lack a bit of composure in the final third but you can already see he's a cut above Theo and Arshavin.

hobson's choice
23-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Wouldn't got that far, there's a fair few players vying for that position of best in the world.

Don't care about those guys, RVP is the best.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Walcott should never be played as a winger. . . .Gervs showed us what kind of player we need so it rules out Arshavin ss well. . . .time to give Oxo, Ryo a chance. . .

I like Arsgavin more central and at the moment gets the nod over Theo

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Walcott should never be played

:gp:

LDG
23-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Superb result.Kocielney almost single-handedly got us that two goal advantage

milla
23-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Walcott should never be played as a winger. . . .Gervs showed us what kind of player we need so it rules out Arshavin ss well. . . .time to give Oxo, Ryo a chance. . .

I like Arsgavin more central and at the moment gets the nod over Theo

I wont give Theo a starting place in 4-4-2 (Arshavin is better in the middle anyway), let alone 4-3-3. :coffee:

milla
23-10-2011, 02:55 PM

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 02:59 PM

No - doesn't count. You can't just make it up or repeat made up stuff, it has to be a genuine SynQuote. Shocker for you! On the other hand, Excellent game from Gervinho - nice to have a winger that can beat players consistently, and a well taken goal too.

Master Splinter
23-10-2011, 03:00 PM

:gp:

Time for MO to be banned.

And Maccy tbf.

Master Splinter
23-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Good win against a formidable ref. Any chance Stoke had came from him giving them soft free kicks.

Koscielny and Mertesacker looking good together. Arteta still unimpressive. Ramsey much improved. Song very good again.

Djourou not causing a disaster for two games in a row is the biggest plus.

Chamakh and Walcott anonymous. Oxface and Gervinho on the wings is the way forward. Arshavin is a useful sub.

RVP :bow:.

Gervinho :bow:.

Arsenal :bow:.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Good win, on to Chelsea tbh

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Looking forward to Chelsea now, with a bit of confidence in a bag you never know. :popcorn:

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Looking forward to Chelsea now, with a bit of confidence in a bag you never know. :popcorn:

And no Drogba

milla
23-10-2011, 03:50 PM
And no Drogba

Why?

up the arse
23-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Why?

sent off - straight red

milla
23-10-2011, 03:56 PM
lol No Drogba, Mata and Bosingwa. :popcorn:

milla
23-10-2011, 04:02 PM
And no Drogba

on Van Persie's fitness for the Chelsea game…
He was not injured, he was just tight muscularly. He will be fit.

LOL RVP out until March. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
23-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Just got home and seen the score and the starting 11.

Chamakh :bow:

Starts and we score 3

Must Start every game tbh

Letters
23-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Totally right, it's a joke to leave your best striker out when the rest are utterly sh*t, it would be more understandable if we had adequate cover from players who can score goals and are quality, we don't so shocking decision by Mr Clueless...he's just lucky his star man got him out of jail.

:lol:

http://cdn2.maxim.com/maxim/files/2007/08/22/most-obscure-simpsons-characters/lemon_biter_l1.jpg

It's funny how much you hate it when Arsenal win.

GP
23-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Shake harder, boy!

Letters
23-10-2011, 07:40 PM
I thought we were good today. RvP is made of balse wood, we can't play him twice a week so I think sometimes we have to rest him but he's so important to us we need him on the bench and he was excellent agian today during this cameo.

Overall it felt more like watching Arsenal today, even when it went back to 1-1 I was reasonably confident if we kept playing like we were we'd win it. They looked more confident today and the passing at 3-1 was getting closer to 'the Arsenal way' as we've played under Wenger. Not like in the real glory days of course but we have to accept we're not at that level any more but it was a lot better than I've seen for most of thos season.

Job done. Top 3 is as good as sewn up but we're more established in the chasing pack now.

:dance:

hobson's choice
23-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I had no problem with resting RVP today, he came on when we needed him to, and did his job. Him being fit is our only shot at 4th, and honestly I felt Wenger didn't want him playing against Stoke at all, with those meat heads they have as defenders.

Özim
23-10-2011, 07:52 PM
:lol:

http://cdn2.maxim.com/maxim/files/2007/08/22/most-obscure-simpsons-characters/lemon_biter_l1.jpg

It's funny how much you hate it when Arsenal win.
You're so wrong, it's just that tw*t in charge that I hate.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 07:54 PM

yet thats why you put Arsenal down more then any club in the league.

Özim
23-10-2011, 08:01 PM
yet thats why you put Arsenal down more then any club in the league.
Well I talk about them a lot more so naturally that will happen, point is that idiot is screwing everything up a few meaningless wins against some small teams at home doesn't change anything.

Let's be realistic here, we're not going to achieve anything this season....a few flattering results doesn't really change that does it?

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Well I talk about them a lot more so naturally that will happen, point is that idiot is screwing everything up a few meaningless wins against some small teams at home doesn't change anything.

Let's be realistic here, we're not going to achieve anything this season....a few flattering results doesn't really change that does it?

Well it does a few wins gives confidence and who knows what will happen, but i suppose you'd moan what ever happens anyway.

Özim
23-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Well it does a few wins gives confidence and who knows what will happen, but i suppose you'd moan what ever happens anyway.
Whatever you're dreaming about, it's not going to happen...this team isn't good enough we've already seen that.

How many times does Wenger lull you into a false sense of security before you learn your lesson?

It'll all go wrong as it always does, the guy is clueless I'd rather have a Cornish pasty in charge.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Whatever you're dreaming about, it's not going to happen...this team isn't good enough we've already seen that.

How many times does Wenger lull you into a false sense of security before you learn your lesson?It'll all go wrong as it always does, the guy is clueless I'd rather have a Cornish pasty in charge.

0v becasue unlike you i take each game as they come i don't think we are going to win the league etc because we won a few games. but won't be negative about the team not what a FAN/SUPPORTER does.

Özim
23-10-2011, 08:12 PM
0v becasue unlike you i take each game as they come i don't think we are going to win the league etc because we won a few games. but won't be negative about the team not what a FAN/SUPPORTER does.
I've learnt my lesson, being a supporter also involves wanting good things to happen to the club....it won't with that tw*t in charge he hasn't got what it takes to deliver that's been shown in 6 years. Short term reward is not always a good thing, in this case it's just prolonging the suffering if ******* stays in charge.

We need someone new, with new ideas, who's tactically sound and isn't only interested in money.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 08:18 PM
We need to be realistic as fans too. No point pretending shit, it just leads to disappointment. Looking at the team now and the quality we have the very best we can hope for is the quadruple. Anything beyond that is a pipe dream.

Syn
23-10-2011, 08:19 PM
We need to be realistic as fans too. No point pretending shit, it just leads to disappointment. Looking at the team now and the quality we have the very best we can hope for is the quadruple. Anything beyond that is a pipe dream.

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 08:25 PM
I've learnt my lesson, being a supporter also involves wanting good things to happen to the club....it won't with that tw*t in charge he hasn't got what it takes to deliver that's been shown in 6 years. Short term reward is not always a good thing, in this case it's just prolonging the suffering if ******* stays in charge.

We need someone new, with new ideas, who's tactically sound and isn't only interested in money.

Your still not getting it, its nothing to do with Wenger wy people say your being negative, Him being in the job is not on debate, its about you being negative in match threads everytime we win,why put a downer on other fans happyness because your bitter about the past.

I agree we need new ideas and a bit of freshness. When it comes it comes. Whilst Aw is in charge of the club i love ill back him 100% don't mean id not want him out still.

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Gervinho works the flanks really well. Great assists for RVP. For the first time since we changed to 4-3-3, I think Wenger has actually found a forward that suits playing out wide.

Keep up the good work boys. :popcorn:

milla
23-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Gervinho works the flanks really well. Great assists for RVP. For the first time since we changed to 4-3-3, I think Wenger has actually found a forward that suits playing out wide.

Keep up the good work boys. :popcorn:

It's not a hard work to find a good wide forward, just raid the rest of Lille wide players (especially their left winger). :coffee:

Master Splinter
23-10-2011, 11:24 PM
It's not a hard work to find a good wide forward, just raid the rest of Lille wide players (especially their left winger). :coffee:

Joe Cole :bow:.

Scored again today :bow:.

cricketsi
24-10-2011, 02:22 AM
Missed the first half, but the second half was excellent - We played good football and held our own physically against the thugs. Gervinho was superb - watching it with an American and a French person in China they commented how the guy with the big forehead was doing everything. They also proceeded to ask if his forehead was natural - well, I don't think they offer forehead implants yet.

RVP of course made the difference with his positioning and control in the area, but I don't think you can criticise Wenger for starting him on the bench. Those (Zim) who would criticise him for that would be the first on his back if he gets injured because he's played when not fully fit. Wenger stated he wasn't 100%, so a perfectly justified decision. Yes, we need someone who can do a job in his place though.

Tony Pulis is, as always an utter cunt. I see on his post match comments on the BBC he said: "But Arsenal have got players who cost £16m on the bench, and that's why they are where they are". Trying to portray us to be some Man City style club when Stoke's net spend has been greater in each of the past 5 seasons than ours.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Yeah and if he had won he probably would have used the 'David beats Goliath' line!

Flavs
24-10-2011, 07:29 AM
who cares, Manyoo got WALLOPED!

server too busy!
24-10-2011, 08:11 AM
I think its time to stop trying to fit fit Chamakh and Walcott in this team, they will only work with a 4-4-2. We need to see what Park can do when he comes on and AOC in the Walcott role. I did wonder why Park never plays? Also where has Coquelin disappeared to?

Flavs
24-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Interesting piece from Arseblog today

since the Blackburn game, we've played 7 in all competitions and won 6, scoring 15 goals.

Wenger :bow:

Letters
24-10-2011, 09:15 AM

The way it comes across you're unable to disassociate Wenger from Arsenal.

You're so blinded with (somewhat unhealthy IMO) hatred for Wenger you can't see any good in anything he (and by association) Arsenal do. We lose and you uphold it as an example of how bad we are. We win a few on the trot and you say it's meaningless. :shrug:

We ain't winning the title this year, that much is clear. And we're certainly not the side we were. But we're on a good run and yesterday in particular I thought we started to look quite good again. One of the best performances of the season IMO.

We had a disasterous summer and a horrible start to the season but there are signs that we might be turning the corner. I, for one, think that's a good thing.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 11:41 AM

You're so blinded with (somewhat unhealthy IMO) hatred for Wenger you can't see any good in anything he (and by association) Arsenal do. We lose and you uphold it as an example of how bad we are. We win a few on the trot and you say it's meaningless. :shrug:

We ain't winning the title this year, that much is clear. And we're certainly not the side we were. But we're on a good run and yesterday in particular I thought we started to look quite good again. One of the best performances of the season IMO.

We had a disasterous summer and a horrible start to the season but there are signs that we might be turning the corner. I, for one, think that's a good thing.

All of us are at different stages in accepting we aren't in the top tier any more. It grates. It's even worse when you consider we could still be there, if things had been handled just a little differently. Wenger certainly shares some of the blame for that but it shouldn't be overlooked in recent years he's had to contend with a bunch of cunts whose sole aim has been to strip the club of as much money as possible. These bastards left us on the edge of disaster. Our best players sold, the remaining players undoubtedly looking around and thinking WTF? The manager under intense pressure, unable to field a PL strength side at Old Trafford and picking up our worst pasting in our history as a result. Things could have gone very badly, things could be a lot worse. But the manager and the players have battled back and that has to count for something no matter what we feel in general about what's happening at the club. The enemy played its trump card, cashed in and did a runner. We staggered but we didn't collapse. There's a strength that can be gained from this, maybe, finally the ability to handle pressure. It's still fragile but the direction is positive. Now it's the team, the fans and, regardless of who approves or disapproves, the manager who will dictate what happens for the remainder of this season. We can stick together or fragment. If we stick together we have a prayer, if we fragment we have nothing. Next week sees our first major test since this recovery began. Do we want to go into that game urging the team on or do we want to spend the time waving Wenger Out banners? Which is more constructive and more likely to get us the result I'm sure we all want?

Syn
24-10-2011, 12:07 PM
When it comes down to it, my view is different - as long as I see players working their bollocks off on the pitch, I will be proud of the team effort which could (but often isn't) be completely detached from the result. In recent weeks we have at least seen some urgency and resilience. The quality is not there and we probably won't finish in the top 4 but I can easily deal with that as long as the players are visibly working for their ridiculous pay checks. It's subjective as to how you can tell a player is 'working hard' - some players have better stamina etc....I look for players looking to try something different when things aren't working, I look for players taking responsibility and looking to drive forward or try an ambitious ball (sometimes could be mistaken for being careless or wasteful), I look for the opponents not being allowed an easy passage into our half. I think we ticked all those boxes against Stoke and got a deserved result. Plenty of new things to talk about - Gervinho showing what he could be capable of, Kos dealing with teams he usually would struggle against.

I really don't get the point of going through the same Wenger vs the board shit after every game. And anyone with a "meh..what's the point of celebrating the win? We're not going to win the title" view should just be laughed at or ignored. There's clearly nothing to work with there to form any interesting debate.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-10-2011, 12:11 PM
The way it comes across you're unable to disassociate Wenger from Arsenal.You're so blinded with (somewhat unhealthy IMO) hatred for Wenger you can't see any good in anything he (and by association) Arsenal do. We lose and you uphold it as an example of how bad we are. We win a few on the trot and you say it's meaningless. :shrug:

Exactly,

Fist of Lehmann
24-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Muscular tightness apparently.
Wenger said after the game that RvP was right on the edge of an injury but that they thought he could manage half an hour. "He used it well" he said.

Wenger thought '15 times' whether he should he leave him on the bench considering his injury history, and his long term importance to the team. In the final analysis it looks like the a very good decision.

A shame we don't have the back-up to rest him for the entire game.
I don't hate Chamakh but I kind of wish he'd play a bit better.

Boss
24-10-2011, 12:26 PM
We need to see more of Park Chu Young, not sure why we bought him if we're not going to play him.

He's already streets ahead of that useless pile of shite Chamakh.

Flavs
24-10-2011, 12:26 PM
We need to see more of Park Chu Young, not sure why we bought him if we're not going to play him.

He's already streets ahead of that useless pile of shite Chamakh.

HE ISN'T FIT FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

Syn
24-10-2011, 12:29 PM

Wenger said Park would play a big part in the season but he just wanted to give him time to get fit etc. Apparently he has been impressing a lot in training but that means nothing when it's coming from the manager. Also worth noting that Wenger does this quite often for certain players. When we bought Eduardo, Wenger took a fair bit of time before he played him regularly.

I think Oxo and Park will feature much more regularly from now on. (They'll have to...mass injuries are around the corner as always).

Boss
24-10-2011, 12:30 PM

Been fit enough to score for fun internationally and be on the subs bench for all our games this month but if you say so...

Flavs
24-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Been fit enough to score for fun internationally and be on the subs bench for all our games this month but if you say so...

according to the club he picked up a niggling injury while on international duty which is the reason why he isn't fit enough to start games, not that he would anyway as for some reason that only God and Wenger are party to we play Walcott. He is never going to play as the apex striker he just isn't that player.

He should play wide left in the CC against Bolton though so maybe he can get to a level where he might get a prem game

BOBN
24-10-2011, 12:48 PM
gervinho proving hes better than nasri ever was.

nasri cant even get a game at city and has been anonymous against any half decent side. he'll be back in france within 2 years that boy. theyve found him out at citeh already.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-10-2011, 12:54 PM

nasri cant even get a game at city and has been anonymous against any half decent side. he'll be back in france within 2 years that boy.

He played yesterday even though he was a sub

Cripps_orig
24-10-2011, 01:07 PM

nasri cant even get a game at city and has been anonymous against any half decent side. he'll be back in france within 2 years that boy. theyve found him out at citeh already.:lol:

Flavs
24-10-2011, 01:07 PM
nasri cant even get a game at city and has been anonymous against any half decent side.

How can he be anonymous if he isn't playing?

:blink:

Özim
24-10-2011, 01:39 PM

You can't disassociate the two, the guy is so deeply embedded in the club it's sickening....from the transfer, youths, types of players and coaching to the finances.

Truthfully, thanks to Wenger there's not an awful lot I like about the club at the moment...a handful of players perhaps, certainly lost interest in watching these days as many others have...that's noone's fault but Wenger's.

His philosophy is seriously flawed, what compounds this problem is his unwillingess to admit the flaws in it and this pretense that we're some kind of special team waiting to spring out of the woodwork.

Fist of Lehmann
24-10-2011, 02:20 PM
3-1 wins. They sicken me.

Flavs
24-10-2011, 02:28 PM
3-1 wins. They sicken me.

Your face sickens me tbh

Fist of Lehmann
24-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Your face sickens me tbh<_<

At least I don't look like an early Klingon...

Flavs
24-10-2011, 02:39 PM
<_<

At least I don't look like an early Klingon...

Lumpy heads :bow:

LDG
24-10-2011, 02:45 PM
You're so fuckin ugly, your mum used to feed you with a catapault.

GP
24-10-2011, 02:49 PM
You're so fuckin ugly, your mum used to feed you with a catapault.

http://philosophistry.com/scans/2010/lol-face.jpg

Letters
24-10-2011, 03:32 PM
And people say the level of debate is no good on here. :cool:

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 04:16 PM
And people say the level of debate is no good on here. :cool:

Neither is your face.

Ollie the Optimist
24-10-2011, 04:35 PM
You can't disassociate the two, the guy is so deeply embedded in the club it's sickening....from the transfer, youths, types of players and coaching to the finances.

Truthfully, thanks to Wenger there's not an awful lot I like about the club at the moment...a handful of players perhaps, certainly lost interest in watching these days as many others have...that's noone's fault but Wenger's.

His philosophy is seriously flawed, what compounds this problem is his unwillingess to admit the flaws in it and this pretense that we're some kind of special team waiting to spring out of the woodwork.

zimm can you not just be happy for once for the team? we have won 6 out of our 7 games. pretty impressive given our shit start, we are fourth in the form table, above chelsea, liverpool and man united. can you not for once just look at the fucking posistives and support your fucking team

Cripps_orig
24-10-2011, 05:39 PM
zimm can you not just be happy for once for the team? we have won 6 out of our 7 games. pretty impressive given our shit start, we are fourth in the form table, above chelsea, liverpool and man united. can you not for once just look at the fucking posistives and support your fucking team

And all of those are above us in the only table that matters

Letters
24-10-2011, 05:55 PM
His philosophy is seriously flawed

Like your face...

I do agree with some of your post actually although IMO the problems which make football not much fun any more are problems throughout football, not just at Arsenal.

Anyway, I thought we were better yesterday and we're on a good run which may come to a screeching halt on Saturday but it would be no disgrace to lose at Stamford Bridge. I've seen a few signs recently that we're not as bad as the start to the season indicated. I'd love to know what's gone on at the club over the summer. I don't for one minute think Wenger is solely to blame for it but neither do I think he's blameless. For now though the ship has been steadied, we've got ourselves back in the mix in the race for CL places so let's hope we push on from there.

fakeyank
24-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Based on yesterday's performance, the board has done a good job to steady the ship. The board is to be blamed for the demise, might as well praise them for the 6 out of 7 wins.

Kroenke :bow:

PHW :bow:

goonerholler
24-10-2011, 06:45 PM
I love seeing the team become more and more cohesive, especially the back four. Being able to start Chamakh and still win is a step in the right direction.

Master Splinter
24-10-2011, 07:22 PM
I love seeing the team become more and more cohesive, especially the back four. Being able to start Chamakh and still win is a step in the right direction.

Haven't we won every match Chamakh has started?

Udinese, Olympiacos, Shrewsbury, Stoke?

Chamakh :bow: :bow:.

NQ :haha:.

Cripps_orig
24-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Haven't we won every match Chamakh has started?

Udinese, Olympiacos, Shrewsbury, Stoke?

Chamakh :bow: :bow:.

NQ :haha:.

Pretty much

Chamakh haters :haha:

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Based on yesterday's performance, the board has done a good job to steady the ship. The board is to be blamed for the demise, might as well praise them for the 6 out of 7 wins.

Kroenke :bow:

PHW :bow:

So true. Like when thieves rob a bank and the customer asks, what about my money, is it gone? And the manager says, don't worry sir your money is safe. So the grateful customers says - :bow: bank robbers

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Pretty much

Chamakh haters :haha:

And he's been shit in each and every game. I agree with the original post, if we can start Chamakh and still overcome such a handicap then it means the rest of the team must be playing well.

Master Splinter
24-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Chamakh could be to us what Theo is to England. Whenever he has started, England have never lost.

Don't know anything else that they have in common tbh.

NQ may though.

fakeyank
24-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Chamakh could be to us what Theo is to England. Whenever he has started, England have never lost.

NQ may though.

Both are shit

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 08:02 PM

NQ may though.

Both are hyped beyond belief. Both have failed massively to deliver. I'll give Chamakh one favourable point though - at least he keeps his mouth shut.

Master Splinter
24-10-2011, 08:03 PM
White text :bow:.

Not sure who hyped Chamakh though.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Almost everyone hyped him in the year before he arrived. Toilet face

Master Splinter
24-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Toilet face hyped Bischoff as well though.

I wouldn't trust him.

milla
24-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Bischoff is Zimm's fav, great prospect. :coffee:

Marc Overmars
24-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Bischoff. :lol:

Arguably the most pointless signing of all time.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 10:32 PM

Apart from Chamakh, obviously.

Özim
25-10-2011, 11:48 AM

He was super super quality.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Almost everyone hyped him in the year before he arrived. Toilet face

Yeah he was hyped so much that we waited a year just so we could have the honour to pay nothing for him

Transfer policy :rose: :doh:

Flavs
25-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah he was hyped so much that we waited a year just so we could have the honour to pay nothing for him

Transfer policy :rose: :doh:

To be fair he was very good in France and the champs league. (They played two up front that's why)

Syn
25-10-2011, 12:41 PM
To be fair he was very good in France and the champs league. (They played two up front that's why)

Besides nobody said he was brilliant. I remember the talk being that he could be useful and it's worth a go signing an experienced player who has scored CL goals as a free signing. That's what I thought, anyway.

Though 'useful' seems a bit of a stretch these days. We're pretty much playing with 10 when he's on the pitch.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-10-2011, 01:04 PM
As shit as we make him out to be. . .I do feel we play him slightly out of his zone!
He does not have the skill or intelligence to play the lone striker. . .I mean it is so bizarre, we ask him to play exactly the same role RvP plays and they couldnt be any more different

He needs to have at least someone beside him and at least 100 decent crosses fired in at him and then, only then we might see a bit of productivity. . . .because there is no way he can do the pretty stuff

Marc Overmars
25-10-2011, 01:06 PM
He operates exactly the same way as Heskey.

Xhaka Can’t
25-10-2011, 04:14 PM
When he first came, he brought something else to our game - someone good in the air and who could make good use of crosses. In the more traditional striker role, he was hesitant and ineffective as a result. The hesitancy and ineffectiveness has now permeated every aspect of his game. He offers us nothing and in many instances, when brought on, he seems to suck whatever life there is out of our game.

Dog Toffee
25-10-2011, 09:14 PM
As shit as we make him out to be. . .I do feel we play him slightly out of his zone!
He does not have the skill or intelligence to play the lone striker. . .I mean it is so bizarre, we ask him to play exactly the same role RvP plays and they couldnt be any more different

He needs to have at least someone beside him and at least 100 decent crosses fired in at him and then, only then we might see a bit of productivity. . . .because there is no way he can do the pretty stuff

But we create so many chances and hes supposed to be a Cl class striker, he should be scoring more when played. But we only bought him in case RvP got injured and (touch wood( he hasny and wont, and no other better player than Chmack will sit on the bench as often as he does.

Marc Overmars
25-10-2011, 09:54 PM
The only saving grace is that we got the chump on a free.

Shocker of a player.

Master Splinter
25-10-2011, 10:17 PM
He operates exactly the same way as Heskey.

So does your face.

Master Splinter
25-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Shocker of a player.

Just like your shocker of a face.

Marc Overmars
26-10-2011, 08:31 AM
2 face jokes in a row, impressive.

GP
26-10-2011, 08:53 AM
2 face jokes in a row, impressive.

Unlike your face.