PDA

View Full Version : Would wenger ever lose 6-1 at home to spurs?

AKBapologist
23-10-2011, 02:26 PM
:coffee:

GP
23-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Probably. We'll find out soon enough,.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-10-2011, 02:29 PM
:coffee:

Dont tempt him

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 02:29 PM
haha

Özim
23-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Everyone makes mistakes even the best.

Trouble is very few seem to make as many as *******. :coffee:

Joker
23-10-2011, 02:40 PM
If we were down to 10 men, yes it's possible. Moreover, you forget that Man City are about 10000 times better than any Spurs side we've played in the last 20 years, so it's not a fair comparison.

Özim
23-10-2011, 02:42 PM
If we were down to 10 men, yes it's possible. Moreover, you forget that Man City are about 10000 times better than any Spurs side we've played in the last 20 years, so it's not a fair comparison.
Aguero, Balotelli and Silva are something else.

Aguero was always going to be a good buy, he's a quality player who is destined to become one of the world's best. If City choose to sell him in a couple years he'll be worth three times what they bought him for, not to mention the fact he'll tip the balance in their favour in terms of winning trophies, a good bit of business.

Not missing Tevez at all.

milla
23-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Dont tempt him

hahar.. :faint:

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 02:56 PM
City is a team brimming over with sewage. The damn will burst and all that shit will explode before the season is out. A cuntish team with zero values and zero understanding of competition, packed full of mercenary whores won't be able to go a whole season without self destructing.

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 02:58 PM
City is a team brimming over with sewage. The damn will burst and all that shit will explode before the season is out. A cuntish team with zero values and zero understanding of competition, packed full of mercenary whores won't be able to go a whole season without self destructing.

Probably.

But they will still batter most of teams in this league along the way.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-10-2011, 03:18 PM

Which is why we should break the bank or something to get him. . .

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Aguero, Balotelli and Silva are something else.

Aguero was always going to be a good buy, he's a quality player who is destined to become one of the world's best. If City choose to sell him in a couple years he'll be worth three times what they bought him for, not to mention the fact he'll tip the balance in their favour in terms of winning trophies, a good bit of business.

Sergio A did nothing today and has not really been consistant tbh You hype him up to be somnething he is not. if they sell him it will be at a loss because no one will bne stupid enough to buy him for that price you think it will be like tevez all over again. If Tevez leaves they will miss him lets be real they have not had a real challgene have city and will come unstuck soon.

But i agree those 3 are scary players

milla
23-10-2011, 03:26 PM
rubbish not missing tevez if he goes they will, Sergio did nothing today and has not been consitant tbh. good player though but not the player yo u claim him to be.

Tevez is better than Aguero tbh, no comparison. :gp:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-10-2011, 03:29 PM
If this is just going to be a Citeh thread, I'll move it to the Other Football section.

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Sergio A did nothing today and has not really been consistant tbh. If Tevez leaves they will miss him lets be real they have not had a real challgene have city and will come unstuck soon.

They faced the champions away. If that's not a real challenge then I don't know what is.

People should stopping living in denial about the moneybags. They're for real and will take some stopping.

As for missing Tevez, what? They've won every game bar one which they drew. Yeah, what a miss he is.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 03:36 PM
They faced the champions away. If that's not a real challenge then I don't know what is.

People should stopping living in denial about the moneybags. They're for real and will take some stopping.

As for missing Tevez, what? They've won every game bar one which they drew. Yeah, what a miss he is.

what i meant was its easy to beat 10 men when you have that talent and they should have thashed them. happy city did, Shows UTD cand get smacked too and are not this super duper team made out.

If city win the league good for them

fari
23-10-2011, 05:20 PM
no effing way would wenger lose 6-1 at home to sp*** end of.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 05:47 PM
People seem to be forgetting City are a bunch of cunts who are trying to buy the title. Nothing they do is impressive and they get credit for nothing because no credit is due. A monkey could win the title with that amount of money at its disposal. That said, they won't win it because there are so many dickheads in their squad it all has to blow up sooner or later. Lots of winter battles and high pressure matches to come. They'll be 3rd and they'll get a right pasting in Europe.

Syn
23-10-2011, 05:54 PM
People seem to be forgetting City are a bunch of cunts who are trying to buy the title. Nothing they do is impressive and they get credit for nothing because no credit is due. A monkey could win the title with that amount of money at its disposal. That said, they won't win it because there are so many dickheads in their squad it all has to blow up sooner or later. Lots of winter battles and high pressure matches to come. They'll be 3rd and they'll get a right pasting in Europe.

You're right about the first bit - they deserve no credit and will get none from me. But they will win the title IMO. They're a lot, lot better than everyone else. And even when they implode they'll be better than everyone else.

Joker
23-10-2011, 06:01 PM
What City are doing may be bad for football, but they're not the first club to do so. The rot started when the Premiership was formed, and they weren't to blame for that. Moreover, there's a bit of snobbishness about their spending at times, with comments like "money can't buy class" etc. I think it's a uniquely English distaste of so called "noveau riche" types, due to the class system that demands that people "know their place" and don't try to upset the status quo, which is what City are doing.

selassie
23-10-2011, 06:05 PM
You're right about the first bit - they deserve no credit and will get none from me. But they will win the title IMO. They're a lot, lot better than everyone else. And even when they implode they'll be better than everyone else.

This.

They are streets ahead of everyone else this season, their depth in the squad is scary too.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 06:05 PM

On them not winning it, i can't see it either, they have a maanger and players who have not exprieced the winter period ih this country. for me When it comes down to squeeky bum time it will be too much for them.

right now they are on a high but one loss and who knows how bad it could set them back.

It was good to see UTD having their arses handed to them tbh.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 06:07 PM
What City are doing may be bad for football, but they're not the first club to do so. The rot started when the Premiership was formed, and they weren't to blame for that. Moreover, there's a bit of snobbishness about their spending at times, with comments like "money can't buy class" etc. I think it's a uniquely English distaste of so called "noveau riche" types, due to the class system that demands that people "know their place" and don't try to upset the status quo, which is what City are doing.

I agree with you, apart from the bit I've quoted above.

Man City is a blight on the game, a vehicle for nasty little arab thieves who have stolen the natural resources of a nation and used it to buy their way into western affairs. Because the west is so shallow and despicably money oriented, these scrubbed up but fundamentally grubby little arabs can keep putting money on the table until the last naysayer agrees to look the other way. Russian gangsters have already laid out the route. The worst offenders though are the pitiful shitbags who run the game. Their lack of self respect is astonishing.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 06:08 PM
This.

They are streets ahead of everyone else this season, their depth in the squad is scary too.

Not really, they have only played teams who are not good enough, they still have to play liverpoo/Us/Chelsea have to go to newcastle tbh. there is along way to go befoe anyone can crown them champions because they look good.

Mind i suppose they will buy more in jan again eveyone elses targets.

GP
23-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Not really, they have only played teams who are not good enough, they still have to play liverpoo/Us/Chelsea have to go to newcastle tbh. there is along way to go befoe anyone can crown them champions because they look good.

Us, Liverpool and Newcastle are garbage.

Master Splinter
23-10-2011, 06:31 PM

:haha:

Master Splinter
23-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Us, Liverpool and Newcastle are garbage.

Much like your face.

GP
23-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Much like your face.

Indeed

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Everyone makes mistakes even the best.
Trouble is very few seem to make as many as *******. :coffee:

So like you say you should not loose to your rivals by big margins like that especially if your going for the title.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
23-10-2011, 07:14 PM
A silly question and i can't believe any Arsenal fan could seriously post this. Anyway my answer is a hell yeah, seeing as even though they don't have a 500 million arab face lift, we are still easily failing to beat them now.

LDG
23-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Can't wait to see Taggart's face lol

GP
23-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Can't wait to see Taggart's face lol

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrdkh8ijpy1r0rxlm.jpg

LDG
23-10-2011, 07:24 PM
That's your face.

GP
23-10-2011, 07:28 PM
:(

Özim
23-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Sergio A did nothing today and has not really been consistant tbh You hype him up to be somnething he is not. if they sell him it will be at a loss because no one will bne stupid enough to buy him for that price you think it will be like tevez all over again. If Tevez leaves they will miss him lets be real they have not had a real challgene have city and will come unstuck soon.

10 goals says you're wrong.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 07:56 PM
10 goals says you're wrong.

against shite teams, still no better then Tevez or even Dzeko no matter how much you say so

Özim
23-10-2011, 07:57 PM
So like you say you should not loose to your rivals by big margins like that especially if your going for the title.
No it's embarrassing but looks like they won't win the title, fact remains that Fergie has proven himself time and time again...so noone can question him.

Özim
23-10-2011, 07:58 PM
against shite teams
No not really, he's a quality player was at Athletico and is now and will become one of the best.

Tevez works very hard no question, but he hasn't got that special something.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 08:00 PM
No it's embarrassing but looks like they won't win the title, fact remains that Fergie has proven himself time and time again...so noone can question him.

Thts why manc fans on the radio wanted him out unlike you they don't about what he did in the past its irrelvant they want the hear and now. Its rubbish to say he can't be question. Your such a hyopcrite its unreal tbh one rule for one manager and another for another ahey.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 08:01 PM
No not really, he's a quality player was at Athletico and is now and will become one of the best.Tevez works very hard no question, but he hasn't got that special something.

in your Opinion, if he was good as you said he then why is he not at Barca the best club in the world. he will never be a patch on messi or even Tevz never.

Özim
23-10-2011, 08:02 PM
in your Opinion, if he was good as you said he then why is he not at Barca the best club in the world. he will never be a patch on messi or even Tevz never.
Because they don't need another striker, plus he cost a lot of money and they were after a couple other players, they can't sign everyone.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Because they don't need another striker, plus he cost a lot of money and they were after a couple other players, they can't sign everyone.

why can't they i mean your Favourite club city do. End of the day he is a Great player no doubting that and yeah he scores goals but i think you overhype him ore then he should be. He'll leave city when his dad in law tells him too.

for me he is too inconsistant atm id like to see him be more consistant tbh. and he needs a few seasons to shine before i judge him, but now id take Silva over him.

Özim
23-10-2011, 08:10 PM
why can't they i mean your Favourite club city do. End of the day he is a Great player no doubting that and yeah he scores goals but i think you overhype him ore then he should be. He'll leave city when his dad in law tells him too.

for me he is too inconsistant atm id like to see him be more consistant tbh. and he needs a few seasons to shine before i judge him, but now id take Silva over him.
City aren't my favourite club what are you talking about, fact is they have some amazing players though.

Also City have limitless amounts of cash, Barca don't.

Silva is very good indeed, but I'd still choose Aguero simply because he'll score a hatful of goals.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 08:15 PM
id like to see him be more consistant tbh

Fuck, I wouldn't. Hopefully his cock falls off and he spends the next 6 years in rehab.

Ollie the Optimist
23-10-2011, 09:05 PM
i would rather lose 8-2 to united then 6-1 at home to our closest rivals

GP
23-10-2011, 09:08 PM
I would 1-6 be a Utd fan...

selassie
23-10-2011, 09:21 PM

Oh ok then :rolleyes:

They have just beaten the champions 6-1 away, what on earth are you talking about saying they have played teams who are not good enough?

They beat the Scum 5-1 away.

I don't like em, I don't like the way they've bought their way to the top but the facts are their team right now is the best in the league, they are 5 points clear are they not?

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh ok then :rolleyes:

They have just beaten the champions 6-1 away, what on earth are you talking about saying they have played teams who are not good enough?

They beat the Scum 5-1 away.

I don't like em, I don't like the way they've bought their way to the top but the facts are their team right now is the best in the league, they are 5 points clear are they not?

You mean the team that was down to 10 men and obviously don't have the qulaity that city have, they should have beat them 6-1. All im saying is long way to go lots of twists and turns in the league.

Cripps_orig
23-10-2011, 09:27 PM
You mean the team that was down to 10 men and obviously don't have the qulaity that city have, they should have beat them 6-1. All im saying is long way to go lots of twists and turns in the league.:blink:

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, every year is the same. Somebody puts a run together and it's assumed they'll win the league by 100 points. Never happens, won't happen this time. City are shit, they'll probably get relegated or evicted by the council.

Letters
23-10-2011, 09:41 PM

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 09:45 PM
:blink:

With the talent city have and how shite UTD were today was not unexpeced after 2-0

Power n Glory
23-10-2011, 10:00 PM

Man City is a blight on the game, a vehicle for nasty little arab thieves who have stolen the natural resources of a nation and used it to buy their way into western affairs. Because the west is so shallow and despicably money oriented, these scrubbed up but fundamentally grubby little arabs can keep putting money on the table until the last naysayer agrees to look the other way. Russian gangsters have already laid out the route. The worst offenders though are the pitiful shitbags who run the game. Their lack of self respect is astonishing.

I suppose our self sustaining model is the way to go, right?

I don't see how you can come down so hard on City yet criticise our Board for not pumping their own money into the club.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I suppose our self sustaining model is the way to go, right?

I don't see how you can come down so hard on City yet criticise our Board for not pumping their own money into the club.

Because it doesn't have to be about extremes. There can be a middle ground, it's where most teams play in fact. You can do things like make £55mill on transfers out and then spend the £55mill on transfers in.

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 10:31 PM
against shite teams, still no better then Tevez or even Dzeko no matter how much you say so

Your denial of his quality is odd. Should we only judge strikers on goals against big teams then? :lol:

Even though he's scored against Spurs and United anyway.

What about RVP, he's scoring a lot against average teams? You mentioned Tevez, look at the opposition he scored the bulk of his goals against. Dzeko has racked them up in the same fashion this season as well. I hate this notion about strikers. Most of the teams in this league (and any league) are average, so it stands to reason that top scorers will get the majority of their goals against them. You don't play United and Chelsea every week. You play shite like Wigan, Wolves and so on.

As for Aguero's consistency you mentioned, apart from when he picked up a knock the other week, he's been very prolific. You sound no different to Joker and his misguided rants at RVP.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Your denial of his quality is odd. Should we only judge strikers on goals against big teams then? :lol:

Even though he's scored against Spurs and United anyway.

What about RVP, he's scoring a lot against average teams? You mentioned Tevez, look at the opposition he scored the bulk of his goals against. Dzeko has racked them up in the same fashion this season as well. I hate this notion about strikers. Most of the teams in this league (and any league) are average, so it stands to reason that top scorers will get the majority of their goals against them. You don't play United and Chelsea every week. You play shite like Wigan, Wolves and so on.

I said he was a good player but said i never thought he was better then tevez just because he scores goals against pub teams as ACH would say. like i said Tevez has done it consistantly this lad has not until he does i won't hype him up to be world player of the year some have.

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 11:16 PM
In what way has Aguero shown a lack of consistency? He's good for a goal a game at the moment, doing pretty well for his debut season so far. :shrug:

Not even sure why I care about this tbh. I just find your reasoning strange.

Charlie's mental month continues.

Cripps_orig
23-10-2011, 11:34 PM
You guys are too harsh on Charlie. The guy is hilarious. I don't understand a word he says majority of the time and the bits I do, he'll probably repeat it in the next sentence anyway.Charlie :bow:Glorified Ollie imo

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 11:39 PM
You guys are too harsh on Charlie. The guy is hilarious. I don't understand a word he says majority of the time and the bits I do, he'll probably repeat it in the next sentence anyway.Charlie :bow:Glorified Ollie imo

:lol:

True, true.

selassie
24-10-2011, 08:12 AM

:d

Power n Glory
24-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Because it doesn't have to be about extremes. There can be a middle ground, it's where most teams play in fact. You can do things like make £55mill on transfers out and then spend the £55mill on transfers in.

When has Wenger ever spent all of the funds available to him? It didn't happen at Highbury and it's the same since moving to the Emirates. Also, if we're talking about spending what we've earned, then the Board can't put their own funds up for transfers and you've been quite critical of Stan and the Board for not doing that.

Flavs
24-10-2011, 10:00 AM
When has Wenger ever spent all of the funds available to him?

How would we know?

Super Ghel
24-10-2011, 10:09 AM

Still feeling down after the weekend massacre? Here are some helpful tips:

1. Keep yourself busy by engaging in your favourite activity. If you enjoy shopping for example, there’s a bargain right now at the United gift shop. Look out for sale items marked buy one get six free.

2. Shift the focus of your thoughts, reminisce about something funny; go watch a movie or something on TV. An episode of six in the city perhaps?

3. Phone a friend or talk to somebody to help keep the blues away. There’s also an emergency crisis hotline. The number to call is 0800 161616

Power n Glory
24-10-2011, 10:13 AM
How would we know?

His past record.

Flavs
24-10-2011, 10:31 AM
His past record.

No i mean how would we know what his transfer funds are and therefore how would we know whether he has spent them all or not.

Seems weird we waited for Nasrigas to be sold and champions league qualification to happen before going transfer crazy in the summer if we are as minted as our PR machine keeps telling us. We seem to have adopted the Apple model of marketing where they keep telling us its coming soon to keep us keen

All tis talk of a £40mil war chest but then we wait until the last day to spend any of it, even after getting an additional £50mil from sales.

Strange times

Letters
24-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Text from Gary this morning:

"Fergie has said he takes full responsibility for Utd's result yesterday.
He said he should never have rested Howard Webb for such an important game."

Power n Glory
24-10-2011, 10:53 AM
No i mean how would we know what his transfer funds are and therefore how would we know whether he has spent them all or not.

Seems weird we waited for Nasrigas to be sold and champions league qualification to happen before going transfer crazy in the summer if we are as minted as our PR machine keeps telling us. We seem to have adopted the Apple model of marketing where they keep telling us its coming soon to keep us keen

All tis talk of a £40mil war chest but then we wait until the last day to spend any of it, even after getting an additional £50mil from sales.

Strange times

This ambiguity over our transfer dealings stem from Wenger. He’s never straightforward when he speaks and that’s why we have this confusion. Apparently, we went in late because we had injuries to Jack and Vermaelen. He believes it’s hard to integrate more than three players into a squad at once and from his past history he’s stuck to that principle. His rep goes all the way back to Monaco.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 11:12 AM
When has Wenger ever spent all of the funds available to him? It didn't happen at Highbury and it's the same since moving to the Emirates. Also, if we're talking about spending what we've earned, then the Board can't put their own funds up for transfers and you've been quite critical of Stan and the Board for not doing that.

The board has pocketed what we've earned FFS! All the years of underinvestment, where has the money gone? The share price at Arsenal hasn't been generated because some bloke came along and stuck half a billion quid into the club. And that still hasn't happened with Kroenke. It's been generated off the back of the fans, as it should be, but none of it has been put back into the club. What's to stop Lady Nina Cocksuck kicking a few quid of the fans' money back into the club? Does she need the whole £100mill in return for her husband's £5.50 plus 2 Tesco vouchers investment? Kroenke's had to stump up, what, £500mill? Those cunts could have said, tell you what Stan we've made a killing here - give us half and kick the other half back. That's not financial doping, that's the directors giving a fuck about the club, having some sense of what represents a fair return on investment and utilising the fan's money in a way the fans would most approve. Or they could have said, Stan, we've only put in a total of 7 quid, so 500mill is a blinding return (what, what), take half of it and pay off the stadium. Nah, the cunts have looted out the lot - FUCKING CUNTS. Defend them all you want, blame Wenger all you want but it's plain as daylight who has really fucked over this club. They're the cunts dragging bags of money out the back door - don't tell me you can't see them!

Flavs
24-10-2011, 11:17 AM
The board has pocketed what we've earned FFS! All the years of underinvestment, where has the money gone? The share price at Arsenal hasn't been generated because some bloke came along and stuck half a billion quid into the club. And that still hasn't happened with Kroenke. It's been generated off the back of the fans, as it should be, but none of it has been put back into the club. What's to stop Lady Nina Cocksuck kicking a few quid of the fans' money back into the club? Does she need the whole £100mill in return for her husband's £5.50 plus 2 Tesco vouchers investment? Kroenke's had to stump up, what, £500mill? Those cunts could have said, tell you what Stan we've made a killing here - give us half and kick the other half back. That's not financial doping, that's the directors giving a fuck about the club, having some sense of what represents a fair return on investment and utilising the fan's money in a way the fans would most approve. Or they could have said, Stan, we've only put in a total of 7 quid, so 500mill is a blinding return (what, what), take half of it and pay off the stadium. Nah, the cunts have looted out the lot - FUCKING CUNTS. Defend them all you want, blame Wenger all you want but it's plain as daylight who has really fucked over this club. They're the cunts dragging bags of money out the back door - don't tell me you can't see them!

So what's your point...

Boss
24-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Point of this thread = 0.

/thread

Letters
24-10-2011, 11:21 AM

/thread

The point is pretty clear :lol:

Flavs
24-10-2011, 11:29 AM
This ambiguity over our transfer dealings stem from Wenger. He’s never straightforward when he speaks and that’s why we have this confusion. Apparently, we went in late because we had injuries to Jack and Vermaelen. He believes it’s hard to integrate more than three players into a squad at once and from his past history he’s stuck to that principle. His rep goes all the way back to Monaco.

Sorry mate i just don't buy it, after seeing us collapse last season and after apparently half the team wanted out in the summer, losing Clichy, Nasri and Fabregas and with a £90mil transfer fund in his pocket i cant see Wenger buying just Jenko and Megamind until the last day. Someone is bleeding the club for money and i can gaurantee they aren't using it to pay off the mortgage. I bet when the financials come out in April it shows we are minted again and that somehow the transfer monies in haven't been used and are apparently just sitting there doing nothing but earning interest for Stan and the Fatman.

I know Wenger is prudent but he isn't a moron and with monies of the amount we are lead to believe we have to spend i cant see him buying Andre Santos and Park Chu-Young.

I agree with NQ (shudder) that some bastards are stealing from the coffers and trying to hide it in PR.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 11:44 AM
So what's your point...

The point is, it would hardly be financial doping if the cunts in the boardroom decided to invest some money in the team. The argument from PnG is you can't criticise City on the one hand and then demand investment in Arsenal. That's BS, we're at absolute opposite ends of the spectrum.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Sorry mate i just don't buy it, after seeing us collapse last season and after apparently half the team wanted out in the summer, losing Clichy, Nasri and Fabregas and with a £90mil transfer fund in his pocket i cant see Wenger buying just Jenko and Megamind until the last day. Someone is bleeding the club for money and i can gaurantee they aren't using it to pay off the mortgage. I bet when the financials come out in April it shows we are minted again and that somehow the transfer monies in haven't been used and are apparently just sitting there doing nothing but earning interest for Stan and the Fatman.

I know Wenger is prudent but he isn't a moron and with monies of the amount we are lead to believe we have to spend i cant see him buying Andre Santos and Park Chu-Young.

I agree with NQ (shudder) that some bastards are stealing from the coffers and trying to hide it in PR.

Watch and wait - it will be the same old £30mill available for transfers again, no matter how much goes in it's the same tired and static figured coming out. That's £30mill provided we sell £30mill worth of players. Someone else was slating Pulis on another thread for mentioning we had a £16mill player on the bench and that made the difference. As the other poster rightly pointed out, Stoke fucking City have a bigger net spend than us in the transfer market over recent years. Stoke City!

Flavs
24-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Stoke fucking City have a bigger net spend than us in the transfer market over recent years. Stoke City!

That's cos they are trying to get to the level we are at, i would expect them to outspend us

:whistle:

Power n Glory
24-10-2011, 12:13 PM

Please, Wenger defends a ticket price hick and activley looks for the cheap transfer option so he can return a healthy profit to his masters. He knows damn well that the fans are unhappy about the team, but still says the answer isn't to spend. Take a look at the guy you're defending.

Yeah the owners have sold their shares and made a neat profit, but are we the only club to have experienced this? I doubt it. Sounds like you have a problem with the way clubs are run in general. This an issue with club ownership on a whole. This goes beyond Arsenal FC and maybe a schme where fans own a slice would actually help matters. It's a scheme this club is trying to promote but we can ignore that.

Power n Glory
24-10-2011, 12:16 PM

Fans were wondering why Wenger wasn't spending while he was at Monaco. It was part of his downfall.

If someone is stealing from the club, then maybe the Man City model isn't such a bad idea?

Olivier's xmas twist
24-10-2011, 12:18 PM
In what way has Aguero shown a lack of consistency? He's good for a goal a game at the moment, doing pretty well for his debut season so far. :shrug:

Not even sure why I care about this tbh. I just find your reasoning strange.

Charlie's mental month continues.

Im saying in terms of being a top player, yeah he scores lots of goals but he'll go missing for a few games. My point was before zimm goes calling him best player ever or him better then Tevez he has to prove it.

When he scores hatricks like Messi does against the big boys and not just the small teams, then ill big him up

You Twat im nothing like Ollie

Flavs
24-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Fans were wondering why Wenger wasn't spending while he was at Monaco. It was part of his downfall.

If someone is stealing from the club, then maybe the Man City model isn't such a bad idea?

Too late now though, not even the Shiekh's would spend the dough to buy us now. I think too but off the Uzbeki Jabba and Stan the man would cost 800mil-1billion now.

Flavs
24-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Im saying in terms of being a top player, yeah he scores lots of goals but he'll go missing for a few games. My point was before zimm goes calling him best player ever or him better then Tevez he has to prove it.

When he scores hatricks like Messi does against the big boys and not just the small teams, then ill big him up

Charlie logic :bow:

Boss
24-10-2011, 12:24 PM

Messi's only scored one hattrick in his career against the 'big boys' and that was when he was 19 against Real Madrid.

Aguero has 10 goals in 9 games for Citeh so far, which should be seen as consistent enough. You're showing a complete lack of sense in your argument so let's give it a rest.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-10-2011, 12:27 PM

Depends how much money they had at that club at the time as they were not the richest club or even biggest. Would top players want to go there at that time.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Messi's only scored one hattrick in his career against the 'big boys' and that was when he was 19 against Real Madrid.

Aguero has 10 goals in 9 games for Citeh so far, which should be seen as consistent enough. You're showing a complete lack of sense in your argument so let's give it a rest.

Well can't argue with that, all his quality which i don't, my point was let him prove to be consistant trough out the season before we hail him the Messiah.

Flavs
24-10-2011, 12:29 PM
easy when they are tappings though.

Yu are by far my favourite poster on here you brighten my day

Olivier's xmas twist
24-10-2011, 12:32 PM

Yu are by far my favourite poster on here you brighten my day

what im here for

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Please, Wenger defends a ticket price hick and activley looks for the cheap transfer option so he can return a healthy profit to his masters. He knows damn well that the fans are unhappy about the team, but still says the answer isn't to spend. Take a look at the guy you're defending.

Yeah the owners have sold their shares and made a neat profit, but are we the only club to have experienced this? I doubt it. Sounds like you have a problem with the way clubs are run in general. This an issue with club ownership on a whole. This goes beyond Arsenal FC and maybe a schme where fans own a slice would actually help matters. It's a scheme this club is trying to promote but we can ignore that.

But listen to what you're saying. Wenger's a shit because he does the bidding of his masters who are acceptable by comparison because every club has a bunch of cunts in charge! And this all started out weeks ago when people were speculating as to what difference, if any, it would make if Wenger was replaced. The answer is none, not in the long term at least. Not unless we got Maureen in to blow the place up. Wenger's "masters" aren't going anywhere. I'm not defending Wenger anyway. I'm saying it's pointless to try and heap all the blame on his shoulders if he's lock-step with the board and doing their bidding. That, after all, is his job. Plainly the board's job is to rob the club, why aren't you raging against them all the time? Why is Wenger getting 100% of the flak?

fakeyank
24-10-2011, 06:24 PM

I agree.. 55 million and another 15-20 million for another player... this is in an ideal world. Not in AW's world though.

Cripps_orig
24-10-2011, 06:27 PM

/thread

Pretty much

Would Ferguson ever lose 8-2 and 6-1 to the same team who he considers title rivals?

fakeyank
24-10-2011, 06:28 PM
But listen to what you're saying. Wenger's a shit because he does the bidding of his masters who are acceptable by comparison because every club has a bunch of cunts in charge! And this all started out weeks ago when people were speculating as to what difference, if any, it would make if Wenger was replaced. The answer is none, not in the long term at least. Not unless we got Maureen in to blow the place up. Wenger's "masters" aren't going anywhere. I'm not defending Wenger anyway. I'm saying it's pointless to try and heap all the blame on his shoulders if he's lock-step with the board and doing their bidding. That, after all, is his job. Plainly the board's job is to rob the club, why aren't you raging against them all the time? Why is Wenger getting 100% of the flak?

Why is AW still in the job if he is a puppet of the board? He clearly stated he wouldnt stay at a football club if football matters were not in his hands. If its about the 6 million he makes a year, he can make double that at Real and Real wouldnt mind some of the bad press off their back with Mourinho making them the mafia of Spain. Then there is PSG who would double his pay as well... why would AW stay?

Do you think SAF wouldve stayed at Utd? SAF, AW have made enough money to last a few generations and they are not people in it for the money... they love the game. Its just that AW is stubborn and doesnt change with the time, he has more than an eye on the financial side of things while SAF is football through and through.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Why do you have to swing from one extreme to the other? So if Wenger's not leading the board by the nose, he can only be their puppet! Why can't he be an employee that happens to see eye to eye with his employers? But maybe for very different reasons. Why are some people going to such extreme lengths to eliminate the board from the analysis when it comes to figuring out what has been going wrong in the last few seasons?

Somewhere along the line the board decided it was going to cash out. Wenger is the ideal manager to have in place if you want to maximise what goes into your pocket, minimise what goes into the team and still do enough to claim the club is ambitious and competitive (keep the money coming in from the fans). And that's exactly what has happened right up until this season where the continuous bleeding of quality has finally tipped us over the edge. The year after the board jumped ship, btw.

Simple question. Why can't Wenger AND the board be responsible for the shit we're in? Why is it so impossibly difficult for some to believe the people in charge are responsible for the direction the club has taken. It's like going to ridiculous lengths to explain why the drunk driver can't possibly be responsible for wrapping his car around a tree because the drunk navigator gave him a bad steer. Bullshit, this club has suffered a failure of leadership in recent years and has seen a significant downturn in its fortunes on the pitch as a result. Meanwhile, certain individuals have diverted money that could have been used to alleviate our on the field problems and spirited it out of the club in the form of a huge pay day. Has this or has this not happened? So what, you think the board ended up saying, well Wenger won't spend the money so fuck it, we'll have it all for ourselves? You think they have been forced into robbing the club? By Wenger?

fakeyank
24-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Why do you have to swing from one extreme to the other? So if Wenger's not leading the board by the nose, he can only be their puppet! Why can't he be an employee that happens to see eye to eye with his employers? But maybe for very different reasons. Why are some people going to such extreme lengths to eliminate the board from the analysis when it comes to figuring out what has been going wrong in the last few seasons?

Somewhere along the line the board decided it was going to cash out. Wenger is the ideal manager to have in place if you want to maximise what goes into your pocket, minimise what goes into the team and still do enough to claim the club is ambitious and competitive (keep the money coming in from the fans). And that's exactly what has happened right up until this season where the continuous bleeding of quality has finally tipped us over the edge. The year after the board jumped ship, btw.

Simple question. Why can't Wenger AND the board be responsible for the shit we're in? Why is it so impossibly difficult for some to believe the people in charge are responsible for the direction the club has taken. It's like going to ridiculous lengths to explain why the drunk driver can't possibly be responsible for wrapping his car around a tree because the drunk navigator gave him a bad steer. Bullshit, this club has suffered a failure of leadership in recent years and has seen a significant downturn in its fortunes on the pitch as a result. Meanwhile, certain individuals have diverted money that could have been used to alleviate our on the field problems and spirited it out of the club in the form of a huge pay day. Has this or has this not happened? So what, you think the board ended up saying, well Wenger won't spend the money so fuck it, we'll have it all for ourselves? You think they have been forced into robbing the club? By Wenger?

I do agree that there is some fault with the board. Most major one being that they have not fired Arsene Wenger yet. The reason why Wenger is to blame is because he as manager of AFC should want to win, he should not be happy with mediocrity. The board, I can excuse for being greedy and wanting to cash out.. I mean, which other board in ANY business is not the same? Its the same in the companies I have worked with or probably you have worked with. The board is after money- not a surprise.. AW, a football manager is after profits for the club and mediocrity- is a surprise.

Like I said earlier, the board is very greedy but I do not think they are irrational. A billionaire/millionaire would glady spend 10 million quid on a GK/CB in Jan if that meant 40% higher chance of winning the PL. These ppl have not become millionaires by chance... take the instance of defensive coach, you cannot seriously tell me that if AW wanted a defensive coach, the board would say 'no' because it would save them 500K a year!

Power n Glory
24-10-2011, 07:34 PM

Oh no, I'm not saying Wenger is shit because he does his masters bidding, he's shit because he can't teach defensive discipline or motivate the team to bounce back from defeat, but that's another story.

If the Board are utter cunts, then Wenger is right with them shoulder to shoulder. He doesn't have to back their decision to raise ticket prices. He goes as far as saying it will help us compete with the big boys. I've repeated this several times but it's worth paying attention to it, because we definitely are paying for it. He doesn’t have to be so vocal about these things and push their agenda. That's what you're failing to see. He has helped dupe the fans and he continues to do so with his crusade for financial fair play and pointing the finger at the money men. It's a distraction that covers over his failings as a manager.

I can understand him doing what’s required of him and delivering on their expectations, but Wenger goes beyond that. They give him money to spend and he returns it back with interest. This isn’t something new. He’s been doing this since Highbury and it’s part of his philosophy. He brought in an unknown kid worth £500k to replace our all-time top goal scorer. Nobody told him to that. He’s made his name off doing this and everyone kept applauding his ability to build a team on the cheap and it’s why the Board felt comfortable making this move to the Emirates. They would never have sanctioned such a move with any other manager.

I’m not venting against the Board because it’s like complaining about the nature of a snake. When it comes to football ownership, the fans aren’t at the forefront of these guys minds. It doesn’t matter whether we’ve got these old directionless fools or some dodgy oil baron pumping in money, it’s the same beast. Plus, regardless of the state of the club, I think I better manager could get more out of this team, drill defensive discipline into them and get better results on the pitch.

The owners of Blackburn seam clueless but I think the results would improve with a better coach. Newcastle have gone through torrid times with Ashley but he’s still there and they are back in the Prem and up to 4th place (not for long though). Man U have the Glazers in charge but that doesn't stop Fergie from doing his job as a coach. There are plenty of badly run football clubs but that doesn't stop a top class manager from getting the best out of his team. Wenger is getting flak for that. You can't say a change of manager wouldn't change things because the problem we have here is Wenger's philosophy. If you're going to berate the Board, you have to look at their man.

fakeyank
24-10-2011, 07:39 PM
I’m not venting against the Board because it’s like complaining about the nature of a snake. When it comes to football ownership, the fans aren’t at the forefront of these guys minds. It doesn’t matter whether we’ve got these old directionless fools or some dodgy oil baron pumping in money, it’s the same beast. Plus, regardless of the state of the club, I think I better manager could get more out of this team, drill defensive discipline into them and get better results on the pitch.

The owners of Blackburn seam clueless but I think the results would improve with a better coach. Newcastle have gone through torrid times with Ashley but he’s still there and they are back in the Prem and up to 4th place (not for long though). Man U have the Glazers in charge but that doesn't stop Fergie from doing his job as a coach. There are plenty of badly run football clubs but that doesn't stop a top class manager from getting the best out of his team. Wenger is getting flak for that. You can't say a change of manager wouldn't change things because the problem we have here is Wenger's philosophy. If you're going to berate the Board, you have to look at their man.

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 07:56 PM
I do agree that there is some fault with the board. Most major one being that they have not fired Arsene Wenger yet. The reason why Wenger is to blame is because he as manager of AFC should want to win, he should not be happy with mediocrity. The board, I can excuse for being greedy and wanting to cash out.. I mean, which other board in ANY business is not the same? Its the same in the companies I have worked with or probably you have worked with. The board is after money- not a surprise.. AW, a football manager is after profits for the club and mediocrity- is a surprise.

Like I said earlier, the board is very greedy but I do not think they are irrational. A billionaire/millionaire would glady spend 10 million quid on a GK/CB in Jan if that meant 40% higher chance of winning the PL. These ppl have not become millionaires by chance... take the instance of defensive coach, you cannot seriously tell me that if AW wanted a defensive coach, the board would say 'no' because it would save them 500K a year!

No, you're viewing business as a household shopping budget. Plus why the hell would they fire the guy who is making them all that money? And what makes you think Wenger doesn't want to win? It might be fair to say he goes about trying to win in the wrong way, but to say he doesn't want to win is silly. Yes I agree his desire for 4th place doesn't match my own desire to finish first, but at least my argument explains why 4th is so important to the club, at least I don't leave it at stating Wenger doesn't want to win. And I still don't get this bit about just accepting the board is greedy and then blaming Wenger for the lack of investment. Are you suggesting he should sign players out of his own pocket? Who are the people who are supposed to stump up the transfer budget? Why do we always make a net profit on transfers?

Yes, EXACTLY, you're right. It's crazy to think the board wouldn't kick a few extra quid in if they were serious about the team. Point is, they don't. Draw the logical conclusion from there. Is Wenger more of an accountant than a manager? I think so. Certainly he's far too worried about the wider aspects of the game that he has no real control over. Is he going to be sacked for this overzealous concern for the club's finances? Absolutely not, because the people who employ him love the fact he's a tight-wad. They love it even more when the media wanders around blaming Wenger for the lack of investment and the fans buy into it, I'm sure. Wenger and the board, a match made in heaven. Wenger wants to win in some chivalrous manner that is a hundred years out of date, he's an anachronism, an idealist. And a stubborn git who evidently can't be swayed. And this last point is the real give away, because a boss will only put up with a stubborn git if that git is stubbornly following the party line. Otherwise it's a foot up the arse out the door.

But whatever he is, Wenger is not anti-Arsenal like the board. He gives no indication he wants to see harm come to the club, whereas the board only ever give indications of fucking us over. Those scum have played their hand, they are out in the open. Who can possibly argue in their favour? We wait to see with Kroenke but all the signs so far are bad, extremely bad.

Wenger says he wants to spend in accordance with income. That's not unfair and it's even admirable. But it's also unrealistic if we want to compete. So if you are criticising Wenger for that then fair enough. But to let the board off the hook when not only have they failed to invest what we've earned in income but have stuck the money in their fucking pockets, I don't get that bit at all. I don't get how they are given a free pass on what is the fundamental reason for our demise, the failure to spend adequately at key moments. We bid for plenty of players in the summer, much bigger names than the journeymen we ended up with. But the bid was always low. And it wasn't Wenger conducting the business. He wasn't even at the club on deadline day, which is strange for a control freak who allegedly pulls all the strings. As always, who won, who lost? That's something we can answer without any doubt.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Oh no, I'm not saying Wenger is shit because he does his masters bidding, he's shit because he can't teach defensive discipline or motivate the team to bounce back from defeat, but that's another story.

If the Board are utter cunts, then Wenger is right with them shoulder to shoulder. He doesn't have to back their decision to raise ticket prices. He goes as far as saying it will help us compete with the big boys. I've repeated this several times but it's worth paying attention to it, because we definitely are paying for it. He doesn’t have to be so vocal about these things and push their agenda. That's what you're failing to see. He has helped dupe the fans and he continues to do so with his crusade for financial fair play and pointing the finger at the money men. It's a distraction that covers over his failings as a manager.

I can understand him doing what’s required of him and delivering on their expectations, but Wenger goes beyond that. They give him money to spend and he returns it back with interest. This isn’t something new. He’s been doing this since Highbury and it’s part of his philosophy. He brought in an unknown kid worth £500k to replace our all-time top goal scorer. Nobody told him to that. He’s made his name off doing this and everyone kept applauding his ability to build a team on the cheap and it’s why the Board felt comfortable making this move to the Emirates. They would never have sanctioned such a move with any other manager.

You're arguing two different cases and then admitting they are two different stories. I don't know why you are claiming I don't see Wenger's faults, there are a hundred posts of mine pointing them out. But here's the part I think our main disagreement hinges around:

They give him money to spend and he returns it back with interest.

How do you know?

Power n Glory
24-10-2011, 08:36 PM
You're arguing two different cases and then admitting they are two different stories. I don't know why you are claiming I don't see Wenger's faults, there are a hundred posts of mine pointing them out. But here's the part I think our main disagreement hinges around:

How do you know?

Not saying you don't see his faults, your just not connecting the dots when it comes to whose misleading who about finances and how it's been done. Wenger's financial views are in line with the Boards and if we're going to accuse them of swindling the fans, you've got to look at the mouthpiece for this grand hustle.

I don't think that is what's going on here, but if that's what you believe and we know Wenger is no fool when it comes to finances, then what is he playing at?

Letters
24-10-2011, 10:26 PM
The reason why Wenger is to blame is because he as manager of AFC should want to win, he should not be happy with mediocrity.

Nothing about the way Wenger reacts to our poor performances/results suggests he's happy with mediocrity.

fakeyank
25-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Nothing about the way Wenger reacts to our poor performances/results suggests he's happy with mediocrity.

Well his reactions are one thing and then comments about viewing 4th place as a trophy, signing 'super quality' players like Chakma, Squid, Jenkinson say different stories. I'll go by what comes out of his mouth.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-10-2011, 04:45 AM
Why can't Wenger AND the board be responsible for the shit we're in?

This. This. and fucking This.

The board are to blame because they haven't got the balls to do something about a Wenger who is losing a grip on what goes on on the pitch an area Wenger has a lot to answer for.

But it does seem that the bar has been set for limited ambition apart from financial gain so we can say that if the board are showing satisfaction with what we are achieving than Wenger is safe.

So until the board grow a pair, Wenger realises that some of his ways are not getting the results the fans believe are what we should be achieving than we are stuck with two bodies fucking the club over in equal measure.

Letters
25-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Well his reactions are one thing and then comments about viewing 4th place as a trophy, signing 'super quality' players like Chakma, Squid, Jenkinson say different stories. I'll go by what comes out of his mouth.

Because it suits your tiresome agenda against him.
It's clear he cares. You can accuse him of many things legitimately, just not being bothered isn't one of them.

Flavs
25-10-2011, 07:29 AM
I do agree that there is some fault with the board. Most major one being that they have not fired Arsene Wenger yet. !

Jesus you just don't get it at all do you?

Özim
25-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Because it suits your tiresome agenda against him.
It's clear he cares. You can accuse him of many things legitimately, just not being bothered isn't one of them.
There's an obvious difference between Wenger and the managers that won't accept 2nd best, they do everything they can to win....he seems to juggle finances with the football side thus not doing everything he can.

He's a football manager that see's himself as some sort of moral guardian for football, he doesn't seem to put football above everything else as the club which is what a manager should do. The financial side should be handled by those employed to do so.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-10-2011, 12:00 PM

That be the truth. . .there is no way that Wenger looks to satisfied with results that keep us in a mediocre funk.
Its as if youre saying (not you Letters) that he throws games, plans games in a way so that we dont overachieve ie finish third rather than fourth.
Suppose you think (again not you Letters) that he deliberately hijacked our attempt to win our first trophy in years last season by telling Kos and Ches to royally fuck their communication right up.

I do not doubt he cares, he may lack spark he had before which comes across differently to some but he cares

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 01:15 PM
The financial side should be handled by those employed to do so.

It is. They ask Wenger to buy kids with potential or raw talent, shop-window them and sell on at a profit. Then they stick the money in their own pockets. They have it handled very well, tbh. From their point of view at least. I've just checked and yet again, nobody has killed them. This is getting pathetic now.

Super Ghel
25-10-2011, 01:26 PM

Simple question. Why can't Wenger AND the board be responsible for the shit we're in? Why is it so impossibly difficult for some to believe the people in charge are responsible for the direction the club has taken. It's like going to ridiculous lengths to explain why the drunk driver can't possibly be responsible for wrapping his car around a tree because the drunk navigator gave him a bad steer. Bullshit,....etc

Short answer: Cos’ being caught pants down, cheeks up with no lube means the usual suspects here feel the need to justify their inclinations or explain why they’re in such compromising pose in the first place. And you don't need to be an Einstein to work out that their excuse of clearing blocked waste pipes doesn’t quite tell the whole story.

Alternate answer: Look no further than this post from another thread for an abridged version into the baffling mystery.

Kroenke is going to turn things around. A good man he is. :good:

And the irony of the mind blowing statement above is:

Kroenke and the board are... Wengerites!!

As you can see from the above, it’s OK and commendable for the employers to be applauded with a vote of confidence for being Wengerites, but it’s not OK for the employee to be one himself (and by Wengerite I mean the entire kitchen sink from these folks). With proud retarded logic like that, why insult your intelligence or waste your time any further?

Super Ghel
25-10-2011, 01:29 PM
This. This. and fucking This.

:haha: Your avatar pic is quite an apt description of your agony. I recall you made a similar nice post in the Sunderland thread, but no prizes for guessing who ignored it. :lol:

Power n Glory
25-10-2011, 01:32 PM
It is. They ask Wenger to buy kids with potential or raw talent, shop-window them and sell on at a profit. Then they stick the money in their own pockets. They have it handled very well, tbh. From their point of view at least. I've just checked and yet again, nobody has killed them. This is getting pathetic now.

How do you know this?

I’ll repeat the point about Ian Wright and Anelka again. Do you think the Board told Wenger to bench our all-time top goal scorer and replace him with some unknown teen that cost us £500k? Buying young and unknown is part of Wenger’s philosophy and it makes no sense for the Board to tell him to sell off our star players and replace them with unknown players when we’re trying to grow our international fanbase.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Not saying you don't see his faults, your just not connecting the dots when it comes to whose misleading who about finances and how it's been done. Wenger's financial views are in line with the Boards and if we're going to accuse them of swindling the fans, you've got to look at the mouthpiece for this grand hustle.

I don't think that is what's going on here, but if that's what you believe and we know Wenger is no fool when it comes to finances, then what is he playing at?

Of course he's the board's mouthpiece, he's the club's front man and would be expected to support the party line. Part of the job description I'm sure. I'll say it again, my argument is not based on keeping Wenger in his job, it simply asks what the point of sacking him would be if the controlling culprits stay in place. Wenger is doing what he's paid to do, keep us in touch with the big boys whilst making profits for the board. This leaves the fans living in hope whilst relieving them of ever increasing amounts of cash. Job done. The board love him, he's going nowhere.

Whether he agrees with what's happening or has been promised something in the log term, who can know? Maybe he really does believe we can compete without spending money, delusional but there you go.

Unfortunately corporate owners genuinely believe they provide key value to their organisations but this is rarely true. They also believe the revenue generated by their customers and people within their organisation who do the actual work belongs to them to spend as they see fit, even if that means enriching themselves at the expense of the organisation. We see this all the time.

The corporation is essentially a scam. It originated as a fixed term method to undertake large and costly projects funded by interested parties, usually including the public who stood to share in the end benefits. Then a few miserable and astoundingly selfish and greedy cunts subverted the whole process and persuaded the whores for hire in government to greatly expand the function, rights and longevity of the corporation and so the human race went down the shitter. Unfortunately what Wenger is doing is now viewed as normal, even though it's immoral and insane in reality. This is what you mean when you say all club owners are the same, I suppose. I agree, they are, they have been indoctrinated in an environment of entitlement and inequity. And it all goes way beyond football of course.

Sacking Wenger only leaves room for the next person who won't be able to do a damn thing about how these vampires operate. As things stand now, considering he wasn't sacked in the summer, he's putting together a run of wins, he's operating within the tight confines dictated by the leeches and the players seem to be responding to him again. I'll take it. It's better than it might have been. My expectations have been lowered and because I'm a football fan and a fan of Arsenal I'm going to try and grab whatever enjoyment can be squeezed from the current predicament.

In some ways we're all becoming closer to the game as the majority of fans experience it. We had some good years but they're gone. Now we breathe a sigh of relief when we scrape past Sunderland. Such are the ups and downs of football. Maybe Ox will play tonight. Maybe he'll score a cracking goal. Something to look forward to while we wait for the board members to die.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 01:53 PM
How do you know this?

I’ll repeat the point about Ian Wright and Anelka again. Do you think the Board told Wenger to bench our all-time top goal scorer and replace him with some unknown teen that cost us £500k? Buying young and unknown is part of Wenger’s philosophy and it makes no sense for the Board to tell him to sell off our star players and replace them with unknown players when we’re trying to grow our international fanbase.

Wright and Anelka goes way back to a different landscape. But I agree Wenger's philosophy seems to be a constant. During his tenure we've had the greatest success we've ever had on the pitch, plus the worst nightmares. When money wasn't the defining element we could compete, when money took over we were trampled. This has been a wild swing exacerbated by the board pulling money out of the club at the very time we needed just that little bit more investment. If you look at the variables rather than the constant you can see our fortunes declined when the transfer funds dried up and property became our primary concern rather than football. I suppose it could be a coincidence but I wouldn't like to repeat the experiment for verification. You keep focusing on Wenger but can't you even detect a hint of a shift in the board's philosophy leading up to and following the stadium move? We were the great English club who didn't allow "his sort" within a mile, and then suddenly we were the opposite. Wenger again? Surely not.

Power n Glory
25-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Wright and Anelka goes way back to a different landscape. But I agree Wenger's philosophy seems to be a constant. During his tenure we've had the greatest success we've ever had on the pitch, plus the worst nightmares. When money wasn't the defining element we could compete, when money took over we were trampled. This has been a wild swing exacerbated by the board pulling money out of the club at the very time we needed just that little bit more investment. If you look at the variables rather than the constant you can see our fortunes declined when the transfer funds dried up and property became our primary concern rather than football. I suppose it could be a coincidence but I wouldn't like to repeat the experiment for verification. You keep focusing on Wenger but can't you even detect a hint of a shift in the board's philosophy leading up to and following the stadium move? We were the great English club who didn't allow "his sort" within a mile, and then suddenly we were the opposite. Wenger again? Surely not.

With the appointment of Stan, Gazidis and that lawyer guy that came from the States, I see a slight shift. We’re bringing in people that actually have a history in sport. They didn’t sell out to the fat oil baron guy. That has to tell you something? Also, why have they gone for American guys that work in MLS or other sport franchise’s where regulations regarding contracts, wages and funds are way more restrictive?

My guess is we’re trying to grow our international fanbase and up our sponsorship deals so we can up our revenue. As for old Board members selling their shares, they’ve made a profit but they could have sold us down the river to some murky oil baron or some crook with Triad connections. It could be worse.

fakeyank
25-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Short answer: Cos’ being caught pants down, cheeks up with no lube means the usual suspects here feel the need to justify their inclinations or explain why they’re in such compromising pose in the first place. And you don't need to be an Einstein to work out that their excuse of clearing blocked waste pipes doesn’t quite tell the whole story.

Alternate answer: Look no further than this post from another thread for an abridged version into the baffling mystery.

As you can see from the above, it’s OK and commendable for the employers to be applauded with a vote of confidence for being Wengerites, but it’s not OK for the employee to be one himself (and by Wengerite I mean the entire kitchen sink from these folks). With proud retarded logic like that, why insult your intelligence or waste your time any further?

You just try so hard to offend people and pick up fights on the web. I suggest a life coach for you.. you need help!

http://30.media.tumblr.com/yHWA4oxH8ka15j7ww3PSdH2Ro1_500.jpg

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 02:26 PM
With the appointment of Stan, Gazidis and that lawyer guy that came from the States, I see a slight shift. We’re bringing in people that actually have a history in sport. They didn’t sell out to the fat oil baron guy. That has to tell you something? Also, why have they gone for American guys that work in MLS or other sport franchise’s where regulations regarding contracts, wages and funds are way more restrictive?

My guess is we’re trying to grow our international fanbase and up our sponsorship deals so we can up our revenue. As for old Board members selling their shares, they’ve made a profit but they could have sold us down the river to some murky oil baron or some crook with Triad connections. It could be worse.

Usmanov is very much in the wings. It wouldn't surprise me if he owns the entire club within the next 5 years. But that's pure speculation. What pisses me off is Kroenke's entire investment went into the existing board members' pockets and not a single penny ended up in the team. That says it all really. The fans are asked to wait while the shareholders get serviced. That's normal. The customer (or revenue generator) is always wrong and always last. This is how much they love Arsenal. Yes, I'm sure there's a lot of scope to grow Stan's investment in the coming years. He'll do well when he cashes out. I assume he'll do that, not having any connection to the club and knowing fuck all about football. Maybe he'll come to love Arsenal more than money - LOL.

Power n Glory
25-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Usmanov is very much in the wings. It wouldn't surprise me if he owns the entire club within the next 5 years. But that's pure speculation. What pisses me off is Kroenke's entire investment went into the existing board members' pockets and not a single penny ended up in the team. That says it all really. The fans are asked to wait while the shareholders get serviced. That's normal. The customer (or revenue generator) is always wrong and always last. This is how much they love Arsenal. Yes, I'm sure there's a lot of scope to grow Stan's investment in the coming years. He'll do well when he cashes out. I assume he'll do that, not having any connection to the club and knowing fuck all about football. Maybe he'll come to love Arsenal more than money - LOL.

But he at least has an interest in sports and owns a few teams. You're picking the wrong battle to vent against the evils of corporations as well.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-10-2011, 03:12 PM
But he at least has an interest in sports and owns a few teams. You're picking the wrong battle to vent against the evils of corporations as well.

Dont you believe it. . . .

I can answer that. . . .on my phone so copy and pasting is a little difficult but I remember NQ saying. . .
something along the lines of. . .not to be surprised what he can do with a soap, even a wonky one!

Syn
25-10-2011, 03:19 PM
You just try so hard to offend people and pick up fights on the web. I suggest a life coach for you.. you need help!

Tbf it is quite irritating when you keep avoiding legitimate points. If people weren't so obsessed about being right or wrong and willing to accept logical counter-arguments, the rest of us could be reading a decent discussion. As it happens, we'll settle for you getting e-fucked-in-the-ass by Kevin Davies (there is only one ghel that is super).

Xhaka Can’t
25-10-2011, 03:29 PM
i would rather lose 8-2 to united then 6-1 at home to our closest rivals

Than what?

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 03:32 PM

And you're picking the easy battle by focusing all your fire on Wenger. I'm not trying to change the world, I'm just trying to make sure one guy and one guy alone doesn't get the entire blame for how badly the world is fucked up.

Anyway, OxJu will probably be playing tonight so we might see something a little different. Like a guide dog getting eaten at half time.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 03:38 PM
If people weren't so obsessed about being right or wrong and willing to accept logical counter-arguments, the rest of us could be reading a decent discussion.

Well said. It beggars belief they keep going on and on when it's patently obvious I'm always right about everything.

Özim
25-10-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm afraid not, Wenger has been meddling for years...from the call for the stadium move to agreeing to sales of players like Vieira etc

He's not innocent in all this, he's as cheap as they get......moreover he's the one that chooses to buy kids noone forces him to. There's Walnut, Oxo who both cost a lot of money....he could have spent that on other players had he chosen to....he also had an obsession with players from France.

Do you honestly think Wenger would stay and keep signing contracts if he didn't have any say...honestly?

In addition he spouts more nonsense than Mr Nonsense on National Nonsense day, noone makes him do that.

Sorry but he's as much to blame as that moneygrabbing board, he's gone along with it and toed line noone forced him to.....there is the small matter of 6 million a year of course, let's not turn him into some kind of victim please.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 03:46 PM
He's not innocent in all this, he's as cheap as they get

:wwf:

Sorry but he's as much to blame as that moneygrabbing board

:doh:

Xhaka Can’t
25-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Sense. :rose:

LDG
25-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Nobody seems to read people's posts properly round here :lol:

Özim
25-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Too much work, not enough time.....seems to me to the attention is being deflected onto the board.

They're tossers no question, but Wenger is happily taking part in their little game too (and is paid handsomely).

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Nobody seems to read people's posts properly round here :lol:

Certainly, it's almost 5 o'clock.

server too busy!
25-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Lol so much fail in here, and by the same people time and again!

Power n Glory
25-10-2011, 04:01 PM
And you're picking the easy battle by focusing all your fire on Wenger. I'm not trying to change the world, I'm just trying to make sure one guy and one guy alone doesn't get the entire blame for how badly the world is fucked up.

Anyway, OxJu will probably be playing tonight so we might see something a little different. Like a guide dog getting eaten at half time.

It’s not the easy battle. The easy battle is to pick on the faceless typical corporate money men. In this current climate, it’s real easy to pinpoint those shadowy figures in the background that we all picture as the sneaky villain getting away with it. It’s like the creation of Kaiser Soze. But what about the guy that has been sitting in the press conferences, speaking to the fans, the players and selling the dream? Without him, nobody would have swallowed the story but because of Wenger’s iconic status, people don’t want to look at his actions. He’s so coy about everything and he’s no fool or pansy. He’s been selling this 2% away and he’s the link between the Board and fans. He’s been just as deceptive and willing to do their dirty work. He gets paid to, but that’s a man that lacks integrity if that’s the case.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Well said. It beggars belief they keep going on and on when it's patently obvious I'm always right about everything.

NQ :bow: showing us all that egomania is still very much a sought after state of mind rather than a mere fad!

Xhaka Can’t
25-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Certainly, it's almost 5 o'clock.

There you go, sucking Wenger's cock again.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Scary stuff. We have:

...seems to me to the attention is being deflected onto the board.

And:

The easy battle is to pick on the faceless typical corporate money men.

The buck can't even be found, never mind stopped in the right place.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 04:09 PM
There you go, sucking Wenger's cock again.

No but I'll probably watch it on TV.

LDG
25-10-2011, 04:27 PM

Wrong! It's 25 in 27.

Özim
25-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Scary stuff. We have:

And:

The buck can't even be found, never mind stopped in the right place.
Do me a favour, I've seen your rants about the board, 2 months ago it was at Wenger now you've switched your attention for some reason. Whilst I agree the board are totally in the wrong, Wenger takes just as much of the blame, he's got no pride in his job which is borderline criminal in itself.

You might not point all of the finger at the board just most of it and it does come across like Wenger is a bit of a victim in all this.

Coney
25-10-2011, 04:33 PM

You can watch it from the cock end.

fakeyank
25-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Tbf it is quite irritating when you keep avoiding legitimate points. If people weren't so obsessed about being right or wrong and willing to accept logical counter-arguments, the rest of us could be reading a decent discussion. As it happens, we'll settle for you getting e-fucked-in-the-ass by Kevin Davies (there is only one ghel that is super).

What legitimate post from super ghel did I miss? His previous post has no legitimate point. As for watching me getting e-fucked, whatever gets you off at the end of the day baby.. :mwah:

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Wrong! It's 25 in 27.

:doh: What game were you watching? Koscielny was absolutely superb. Almost single-handedly got us that clean sheet.

Boss
26-10-2011, 04:55 AM
IIn addition he spouts more nonsense than Mr Nonsense on National Nonsense day, noone makes him do that.

Zimm :bow: :bow:

Letters
26-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Do me a favour, I've seen your rants about the board, 2 months ago it was at Wenger now you've switched your attention for some reason.

It's almost like he has the ability to change his mind. Strange concept, I know.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-10-2011, 12:01 PM
It's almost like he has the ability to change his mind. Strange concept, I know.

The silent assassin known as Ninja Letters strikes again. . . .only to slink back into the darkness, seemingly unnoticed, waiting to cut down another unsuspecting victim with his poisoned wit. . . , be gone dark angel of death