PDA

View Full Version : Bugger me, 3 in a row!!!

Edinburgh Gooner
25-10-2011, 08:42 PM
We've won 3 in a row now. Can we make it 4 against the Chavs??

Marc Overmars
25-10-2011, 08:43 PM
No

IBK
25-10-2011, 08:43 PM
We've won 3 in a row now. Can we make it 4 against the Chavs??

After the criticism there is improvement. Well done lads.

Syn
25-10-2011, 08:44 PM
No

Pretty much.

Hope we play more pub teams after Chelsea.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 08:44 PM
You'll have to wait until the likely lads get on if you want any joy. Especially 3 in a row.

Gubby Allen
25-10-2011, 08:46 PM
All piss taking aside a very impressive win tonight, particuarly having been one down.

Finishing with Yenaris, Coquelin, Myachi, Boateng, Ozakyup on the pitch & they had internationals & regulars everywhere.

Only had it on the wireless, but the front 4 all sounded lively & creating plenty of chances.

Edinburgh Gooner
25-10-2011, 08:48 PM
We started to wobble a bit towards the end. Thank fek Klasnic is shite!!

Gubby Allen
25-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Home to Palace would be good. When is the draw.

No idea who plays who tomorrow but hopefully the better side can go out in all four of them.

Edinburgh Gooner
25-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Home to Palace would be good. When is the draw.

No idea who plays who tomorrow but hopefully the better side can go out in all four of them.

Wednesday, 26 October 2011
Stoke v Liverpool, R4, 19:45
Wolverhampton v Man City, R4, 19:45
Blackburn v Newcastle, R4, 20:00
Everton v Chelsea, R4, 20:00

LDG
25-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Any highlights on normal tv??

Syn
25-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Any highlights on normal tv??

Think we get some on ITV tomorrow (though it'll probably only be goals). The whole game's being repeated on ATVO at 10, I think. Should be some streams knocking about for that if you haven't got it already.

Edinburgh Gooner
25-10-2011, 08:51 PM
The draw is on Saturday morning during soccer saturday.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-10-2011, 08:52 PM
No

True. We made it four in a row today.

Gubby Allen
Wednesday, 26 October 2011
Stoke v Liverpool, R4, 19:45
Wolverhampton v Man City, R4, 19:45
Blackburn v Newcastle, R4, 20:00
Everton v Chelsea, R4, 20:00

Crikey - that's quite possible. Four home wins would be good, even if it would mean Stoke going through.

Home QF wouldn't look too bad then.

Edinburgh Gooner
Think we get some on ITV tomorrow (though it'll probably only be goals). The whole game's being repeated on ATVO at 10, I think. Should be some streams knocking about for that if you haven't got it already.

Highlights of wednesdays games on The football league show on BBC. Probably show the goals from tonight.

Edinburgh Gooner
25-10-2011, 08:53 PM

Did we?

McNamara That Ghost...
If anyone has access to Arsenal player, it is being shown as live now I think.

LDG

Lol.

McNamara That Ghost...
Did we?

Yup. Sunderland, Marseille, Stoke and Bolton.

Edinburgh Gooner
25-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Yup. Sunderland, Marseille, Stoke and Bolton.

Forgot the game in France lol.

Xhaka Can’t
25-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Forgot the game in France lol.

I dunno Lloyd, the French are assholes.

Gubby Allen
25-10-2011, 08:56 PM
goals on ssn now

Master Splinter
25-10-2011, 08:57 PM

MO :haha:.

Arsenal :bow:.

Great win.

Ju :bow: great player. A Must Not Go To War.

Gubby Allen
25-10-2011, 08:58 PM

I thought it was 4 but then both the BBC & Arsenal sites went down & I was checking it elsewhere: Sunderland, Marseille, Stoke & Bolton.

Can't see more than a point against Chavs but even we shouldn't stoop to our normal dismal November - we've a decent run of games & most are at home.

So long as nobody starts one of those - Next 6 games, how many points threads.

Syn
25-10-2011, 08:59 PM
A Must Not Go To War.

:lol:

LDG
25-10-2011, 09:00 PM
:haha:

Edinburgh Gooner
25-10-2011, 09:00 PM
OP:haha: Oh wait, that was me. Oh well.

Onwards and upwards Hope TV5 was taken off for precaution, altho I'm starting to have faith in Merts and Kos. Start Park against the Chavs!!

LDG
25-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Arsenal player loaded up. Game starts now. Bet we lose :(

Gubby Allen
25-10-2011, 09:06 PM
There another ****ing fortnights break in November? Just for the Ireland & play off games- are England even playing?

I didn't think that there was ever a November int break & 3 before Xmas.

Dog Toffee
25-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Good win, another one to shut the doom 'n gloomers the fuck up.

Hope Verms is o.k, he looked ok, taken off as a precaution I think.

A Vermalean/Koscielny CB partnership looks good to me, Kozza really is improving and Mertersacker as backup is hardly bad. Hope DoJo learns to play RB well though.

Roll on The Gunners!

McNamara That Ghost...
25-10-2011, 09:08 PM
There another ****ing fortnights break in November? Just for the Ireland & play off games- are England even playing?

England play Spain in a friendly.

Dog Toffee
25-10-2011, 09:09 PM

I know its annoying, but its ffor the best, Verms, Diaby and our other injurered players are given extra time to return.

Xhaka Can’t
I think the amount of international breaks are fucking insane, but even I have to admit they are warranted for play-offs for World Cup qualification.

Niall_Quinn
If anyone has access to Arsenal player, it is being shown as live now I think.

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/88199/1/watch-arsenal-v-bolton---as-live.html

Syn
25-10-2011, 09:24 PM
England play Spain in a friendly.

That should be humbling fun.

Gubby Allen
25-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I think the amount of international breaks are fucking insane, but even I have to admit they are warranted for play-offs for World Cup qualification.

That's fine but they could've played another game or two in June (most sides only played once or not at all in the summer) and had the play off's last month - the extra break seems one too many.

It comes at an irritating time looking at our fixtures, but might end up working out ok injury wise.

Spain & Sweden we play at home, usual type of opposition picked, heaven forbid we ever pick a South American side or travel to somewhere with a decent side.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2011, 09:32 PM
We should grow a pair and tell each of the national sides to either sign our players or fuck right off. These cunts can come along, disrupt our season and get our players injured and there's no penalty. If the managers got together and told the boring, useless, cuntish national sides to fuck off, there's not a damn thing anyone could do about it.

Gubby Allen
25-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Wenger Tweets:

Wenger: "He is like Oxlade-Chamberlain - they have to get used to the intensity of these games. He just had one day training yesterday."

Wenger: "Ryo is a guy who has heart. He did not play long enough because we were in a position to defend more."

Wenger: "Lukasz is a world-class goalkeeper, I have always said that. I am convinced that we are very lucky here to have this competition."

Wenger: "You fly and then you land quickly in our sport. We of course will go there with the spirit to fight."

Wenger: "We changed 11 players from last Saturday so of course we will have many changes for Chelsea. It is a top-level game."

Wenger: "I don't think Thomas is a calf strain. He wanted to come off - I think he was just a little tight having not played for a while."

Wenger: "Every ball needs 100 per cent concentration and fight."

Wenger: "Compared to the player who played in the first match, he played with freedom ad showed what a good player he is."

Wenger: "The quality of his movement was fantastic and his finishing was superb. He is ready to play in league games."

Wenger: "For me I am very pleased with Park. He has had a very, very good performance. He showed intelligence."

Wenger: "You cannot play with two wingers and two offensive players like that [a no 10]. He plays where you want him to play."

Wenger: "Andrey takes a big gamble on almost every ball he plays. But you look at the end of every game and he has a massive impact."

Wenger: "We just want to keep going and it's down to us to change people's minds. There is still room for improvement of course."

Wenger: "I didn't expect the game to have this kind of intensity. It was big pressure for a centre back."

Wenger: "Vermaelen will be a bit short for Saturday. It didn't look too bad but he came off with a slight calf problem."

Wenger: "When we were 2-1 up with 20 minutes to go our legs had gone a bit. Some of these players had not played at this intensity before."

Wenger: "The more experienced players took control of the game - Arshavin, Park and Benayoun. They turned things around."

Wenger: "The first half we had the chances. Second half they caught us and scored. From then on we were tested."

Letters
25-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Good win, another one to shut the doom 'n gloomers the fuck up.

Nothing yet from the whiners but I'm sure they're all hoping for a defeat at Chelsea so they can get going again.

Didn't see it tonight but nice to see us progress.

4 in a row now and what, 7 wins from 8 games?

:scarf:

Marc Overmars
25-10-2011, 10:09 PM
It will take a lot more than a Carling Cup win to shut the moaners up. Also, constant referral to them everytime we win a game is no less inflammatory than what they do.

Everyone should just take a day off, tbh.

Letters
25-10-2011, 10:13 PM
It will take a lot more than a Carling Cup win to shut the moaners up.

How about winning 7 out of 8?

Things are far from perfect at the club, we all know that, but the run of late has been good and on Sunday I thought we looked pretty good - as opposed to other games where we've won but not looked that convincing. We seem to be turning a corner. Chelsea away next where I'd expect a tough game and probably a loss but it'll be no disgrace to lose there. November is full of winnable games, if we can keep our good run going then by the end of that month we could be in a decent position.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Good win, this time last season we'd have struggled to get back into this as our 2nd team was so poor. Good confidece for the team and the manager and on to the next 1 tbh.

Park has to move ahead of Chamackh tbh

Syn
25-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm not 'moaning' but in the 7 wins out of the 8, the majority have been home bankers for any decent team. Marseille was the only match on paper that was tough - and that was a smart performance and result. The other one was the spuds and we lost. Merely earning a drawing at Stamford Bridge will convince me a lot more than beating Stoke or Sunderland or whatever other pub team we've narrowly beat at home. Of course it's no disgrace to lose...but progress is all about doing more than what you're expected to do. This Chelsea game will tell us far more than any of the previous 8 about whether we are really better than we were at the start of the season. If we put up a decent fight and are seen to be competing in every 50/50 and not looking out of our depth, it'll be a start.

That said, at the start of this season we had an awful run of tough fixtures. Blackburn away and Liverpool home have probably been our only bad results. I think we look a bit better and crisper with our passing recently (which is paramount to us doing well)...but yeah - this Chelsea game is massive. If Chelsea beat us comfortably, any confidence built up from edging past Sunderland or Bolton will be gone. Everyone knows we can beat Sunderland and Bolton at home.

Boss
26-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Syn has it spot on tbh.

The moaners about moaners™ are much more tedious than the 'moaners' so chill innit.

Good results, didn't see the game but saw highlights, reasonably impressed with Park as he looks willing to shoot from distance and has quite a good shot on him. The goal was a peach.

Hope Chamakh fucks off soon.

Letters
26-10-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm not 'moaning' but in the 7 wins out of the 8, the majority have been home bankers for any decent team.

Sure, but a team never wins ALL its home bankers and early season we drew at Newcastle and lost at Blackburn, games in which we'd expect to do better. Now we are winning the home bankers which is an improvement, non? OK, we lost at Spurs but they're a good side this year, we may lose at Chelsea this Saturday, if we do then it won't be a cause for doom and gloom as they're another good side and it's a tough game in any season. If we get thumped there then yes, it's back to square one. A draw (or better) or even a narrow defeat and I'll still see that as some progress. From what I gather about the Spurs game we were a bit unlucky to lose there so, again, not a cause for hand wringing.

Everyone knows we can beat Sunderland and Bolton at home

We drew with Sunderland at home last year. Like I said, we're not suddenly world beaters but we are winning the games we should be winning right now and that's a good thing. If we were as bad as the doom-mongers at the start of the season were making out then we wouldn't have won all the games of late we have.

Letters
26-10-2011, 08:29 AM
The moaners about moaners™ are much more tedious than the 'moaners' so chill innit.

The moaners would say that :p

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Would the moaners who are moaning about the moaners who are moaning about the moaners please shut the fuck up already. It's boring as fuck!

Dog Toffee
26-10-2011, 11:05 AM
3 in a row? :lol: I guess he's right though, we have won three in a row too.

Letters
26-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Would the moaners who are moaning about the moaners who are moaning about the moaners please shut the fuck up already. It's boring as fuck!

:gp:

...I think :unsure:

Coney
26-10-2011, 11:17 AM

...I think :unsure:

No - not a :gp: - he was just moaning.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2011, 11:53 AM
No - not a :gp: - he was just moaning.

Wrong, it was a :gp:

I didn't say the moaners or the moaners who are moaning about the moaners, only the moaners who are moaning about the moaners who are moaning about the moaners, so you're moaning for no reason here and it's okay for me to moan about it because I'm moaning about you moaning - WHICH IS FINE!. Shocking stuff from you!

GunnerFan4Life
26-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Park's finish is very Henry like, the only other player who could finish like that is Walcott, but he doesn't play in striker roles enough to do that. Atleast play Park more often Wenger!

Chez

DJ Verm Kos/Mert Gibbs/Santos
Walcott Song Arteta Gervinho
Park
RVP

Rough idea for a team against Chelsea?

21_GOONER_SALUTE
26-10-2011, 12:59 PM
It will take a lot more than a Carling Cup win to shut the moaners up. Also, constant referral to them everytime we win a game is no less inflammatory than what they do.

Sshhhhh.... always nice to see AFC debate's resident Nero pop up and have a song and dance. I bet he stops inhaling and won't be able to stand the heat by March, as usual :)

21_GOONER_SALUTE
26-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Only seen the Marseille game out of the last few wins, and that was awful and uninspiring- but it does truly seem like i've missed all the good ones. Here's hoping for a good one against the Chavs.

fakeyank
26-10-2011, 02:00 PM

Didnt see the game but always good to win a game. To put a damp squib on the celebrations from the MPC (Mindless Pessimissm Clique), here are the ground realities:

- We are not in the Champions league places and we are below Spurs who have a game in hand and we play Chelsea away this weekend
- We are top of CL and we will qualify but whats the point? Sooner rather than later, we will be knocked out and that will be used as an excuse by AW "we were may be a little tired from CL and played with handbrake on" :lol:
- CC is our only chance of winning anything but realistically if you look at the other possible teams- Chelsea, City, Newcastle, Utd (?).. our realistic chance of winning it will be if we get Blackburn at home but we know we can fuck that one up too!

So all you 7/8 wins ppl.. we aint there yet! So its all doom and gloom! AW OUT!

LDG
26-10-2011, 02:26 PM
*sigh*

It's better than losing, mate.

And I don't see that as doom and gloom. It's actually nice to be winning matches for a change. Refreshing.

So no, I won't be all doom and gloom, beacuse I've frankly had enough of suffering every weekend, and I, for one, am going to enjoy a good run of form, rather than looking for opportunities to do it down. Regardless of the shambles we've had in recent times.

Kano
26-10-2011, 03:58 PM
good game. saw it from a exec box which was pretty special. amazing view and the food was f amazing.

pretty wasted by the end of the 90 minutes too, which is always a bonus

Ollie the Optimist
26-10-2011, 04:43 PM

Didnt see the game but always good to win a game. To put a damp squib on the celebrations from the MPC (Mindless Pessimissm Clique), here are the ground realities:

- We are not in the Champions league places and we are below Spurs who have a game in hand and we play Chelsea away this weekend
- We are top of CL and we will qualify but whats the point? Sooner rather than later, we will be knocked out and that will be used as an excuse by AW "we were may be a little tired from CL and played with handbrake on" :lol:
- CC is our only chance of winning anything but realistically if you look at the other possible teams- Chelsea, City, Newcastle, Utd (?).. our realistic chance of winning it will be if we get Blackburn at home but we know we can fuck that one up too!

seriously just fuck off. whats the fucking point in supporting a team if all you are ever going to do is moan and then get pissed off at arsenal winning because it gives you less to moan about

fakeyank
26-10-2011, 06:03 PM
seriously just fuck off. whats the fucking point in supporting a team if all you are ever going to do is moan and then get pissed off at arsenal winning because it gives you less to moan about

I was kidding.. :lol:

Whats with you optimists? Get a sense of humor FFS!

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Stop moaning.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2011, 06:47 PM

You can't just tell someone to fuck off because you don't agree with them or are fed up reading their posts.

Also, please don't quote FY.

Joker
26-10-2011, 07:44 PM
We're on a good run, but the wins we've had are against mediocre opposition. A few years ago, these victories wouldn't have been particular cause for celebration, which just shows how far we have fallen. Nevertheless, if we do get a decent result against Chelsea, that'll show for definite that we've at least put our diabolical early season form behind us and can kick on from there.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm nervous about the Chelsea game.

I see this as a good thing, because a few weeks ago, I'd have been, 'meh, coz we're gonna get buttfucked'.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-10-2011, 08:00 PM
We're on a good run, but the wins we've had are against mediocre opposition. A few years ago, these victories wouldn't have been particular cause for celebration, which just shows how far we have fallen. Nevertheless, if we do get a decent result against Chelsea, that'll show for definite that we've at least put our diabolical early season form behind us and can kick on from there.

Feck off a win is a win

Özim
26-10-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm nervous about the Chelsea game.

I see this as a good thing, because a few weeks ago, I'd have been, 'meh, coz we're gonna get buttfucked'.
I'm not nervous, not even excited about it.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm not nervous, not even excited about it.

why would you your team plays QPR in the derby on Sunday. But I suppose if Arsenal win you'l have an excuse anyway. it will be how shite chavs are or some rubbish.

Spuds fans :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
27-10-2011, 10:43 AM

Gotta love you FY!
We're top of our CL group and will go through but whats the point because sooner or later we will be knocked out?
Ummmm somebody tell me if I was missing something. . . .I thought the general idea of most sports is to create a winner this at the same time creating a loser. Especially in a knockout competition there can only be one champion and although we might not get to those dizzy heights I for one will hope that my team does see a point in trying to win the game instead of coming out a loser. . . .

which is sadly what your post mskes you sound like. . . .but then you were only joking. . . .so I suppose I am too. . . .
hopefully you pessismists have more of a sense of humour than us optimists!

LDG
27-10-2011, 10:52 AM
why would you your team plays QPR in the derby on Sunday. But I suppose if Arsenal win you'l have an excuse anyway. it will be how shite chavs are or some rubbish.

Spuds fans :bow:

Was funny once. Bit boring now.

Zimm is a gooner mate. A depressing gooner, but a red nonetheless. Ashburton is the spud.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Was funny once. Bit boring now.

Zimm is a gooner mate. A depressing gooner, but a red nonetheless. Ashburton is the spud.

I know he is

Marc Overmars
27-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Charlie's Mental Month™ :bow:

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I know he is

Double bluff - have a closer look at the one who's telling you who's a gooner and who's a spud. Notice how he wildly deflects attention everywhere and is only ever happy when Utd win! Effectively proving he's a spud in women's clothing.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Charlie's Mental Month™ :bow:

Your face is Mental

LDG
27-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Double bluff - have a closer look at the one who's telling you who's a gooner and who's a spud. Notice how he wildly deflects attention everywhere and is only ever happy when Utd win! Effectively proving he's a spud in women's clothing.

Ah, the old double bluff reversal technique eh spuddy boy? I saw you throwing your knickers at Darren Anderton at the lane in 1996.

Marc Overmars
27-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Your face is Mental

Indeed it is.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Indeed it is.

But your still a GW favourite

LDG
27-10-2011, 12:02 PM

Homooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Homooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Jealous much

Marc Overmars
27-10-2011, 12:29 PM

Ok...

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Ah, the old double bluff reversal technique eh spuddy boy? I saw you throwing your knickers at Darren Anderton at the lane in 1996.

Those were not my knickers, btw.

Letters
27-10-2011, 12:48 PM

Teddy :bow:

LDG
27-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Sick Fu....

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Sick Fu....

Sick Fu Park, great player.

fakeyank
27-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Gotta love you FY!
We're top of our CL group and will go through but whats the point because sooner or later we will be knocked out?
Ummmm somebody tell me if I was missing something. . . .I thought the general idea of most sports is to create a winner this at the same time creating a loser. Especially in a knockout competition there can only be one champion and although we might not get to those dizzy heights I for one will hope that my team does see a point in trying to win the game instead of coming out a loser. . . .

which is sadly what your post mskes you sound like. . . .but then you were only joking. . . .so I suppose I am too. . . .
hopefully you pessismists have more of a sense of humour than us optimists!

Ok

Japan Shaking All Over
27-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Ok

:faint: