PDA

View Full Version : How will you react if we lose on Saturday?

Letters
26-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Knowing this place I can see a load of moaning and hand-wringing if we lose even though pretty much everyone agrees that we're no longer at the level of the top 3. I still think we're one of the better teams of 'the rest' but Chelsea away is a tough game in any season and it would be no disgrace to lose there.

The way I see it:

A win :faint: :patrice:

A draw :dance:

A close defeat :( but :shrug:

A thumping :doh:

Long as we play and work well I'll be fairly content even if we lose. A thumping would be disappointing.

Marc Overmars
26-10-2011, 02:41 PM
This run we've put together has been very pleasing but the team doesn't convince me. If we lose then meh, I don't think we would have learnt anything we didn't already know. The pressure is on Chelsea to get the win and I just hope we can give a good account of ourselves.

LDG
26-10-2011, 03:01 PM
As always, I'll get behind the team, and will be positively hoping for a good result. Every football fan dreams, and goes into a match thinking, "yeah, we can win this".

So, I'll be chuffed if we win, and gutted if we lose. Regardless of how we lose.

Because if we get done 1-nil, and we weren't played off the park, I'd be arsed off.

If we get stuffed, I just go "meh". On to the next game....would be more gutted and annoyed if we got done with a smash and grab.

Letters
26-10-2011, 03:05 PM
This run we've put together has been very pleasing but the team doesn't convince me. If we lose then meh, I don't think we would have learnt anything we didn't already know. The pressure is on Chelsea to get the win and I just hope we can give a good account of ourselves.

Sunday was the first time I thought they've looked convincing all season. Other games in the run we've won without looking that good (which in itself is no bad thing) but on Sunday we looked a bit more like Arsenal again. We're not a great side but we're not as bad as the early season run seemed to indicate either.

Ollie the Optimist
26-10-2011, 03:09 PM
ill decide how i react after watching the game. if the boys go out and lose but its close but give their all and i can say after the game that they couldnt have done any better but chelsea were better then ill be fine. if they just dont turn up i will be fucked off but this is irrelvant as we are winning this

GP
26-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Don't care about the result as long as we knock John Terry out...

Syn
26-10-2011, 03:24 PM
ill decide how i react after watching the game. if the boys go out and lose but its close but give their all and i can say after the game that they couldnt have done any better but chelsea were better then ill be fine. if they just dont turn up i will be fucked off apathetic but this is irrelvant as we are winning this

With the edits, that's how I feel.

Looking for a big performance. Van Persie's on fine form and just had a rest, they've got key players out as well, we have been allowed to build some momentum whereas following a bad defeat to QPR, Chelsea travel up north to face a tricky game today.

Our chances of doing well aren't bad as long as the middle 3 - Song, Arteta and Rosicky/Ramsey have solid games. We need a massive game from Arteta...we all know he's capable and he has been doing it for years.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Provided somebody steps up and kicks John Terry in the nuts I'll be pleased.

Ollie the Optimist
26-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Provided somebody steps up and kicks John Terry in the nuts I'll be pleased.

diaby :bow: kicking terry in the head was his best moment

Özim
26-10-2011, 05:15 PM
If we lose it won't be anything unexpected, we're not much of a side.

That said I'll come down on Wenger like a tonne of bricks as we shouldn't be also rans who just make up the numbers, we should be genuine contenders.

We've won a few games against weaker opposition, big deal we've also already lost quite a few and have been largely unconvincing due to poor management.

So yeah I'm not expecting much on Saturday but that's because Wenger has lowered our expectations so much with this team.

On the brightside at least Chelsea aren't in great form so we won't get walloped.

Ollie the Optimist
26-10-2011, 05:19 PM

That said I'll come down on Wenger like a tonne of bricks as we shouldn't be also rans who just make up the numbers, we should be genuine contenders.

We've won a few games against weaker opposition, big deal we've also already lost quite a few and have been largely unconvincing due to poor management.

So yeah I'm not expecting much on Saturday but that's because Wenger has lowered our expectations so much with this team.

On the brightside at least Chelsea aren't in great form so we won't get walloped.

another poster who is annoyed that we are winning games as it doesnt help them moan at wenger as he is winning. just enjoy the winning streak and hope your team does well in the next game play

Letters
26-10-2011, 06:45 PM

Nice. Get a little safety net in there so you can still moan if we lose. ;)

Before the QPR game they'd won their previous 3 league games 4-1, 5-1 and 3-1 and at QPR they were down to 9 men and from what a friend said were still pretty dominant and unlucky to lose. In Europe over the same period they drew with Valencia and thumped Genk 5-0. I'm not sure their form is that bad. All season they've only lost one game I believe and that was away at Utd.

I expect us to lose but if we put up a decent display and lose narrowly it won't be a huge disappointment. November is full of winnable games, if we keep winning the ones we should be winning - and of late we have been - then after that we should be in a healthier position.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2011, 06:50 PM
I'll give the wife a slap.

That always makes me feel big better.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2011, 06:52 PM

A post designed to shit all over Wenger regardless of the result.

Well done.

fakeyank
26-10-2011, 07:02 PM
I'll blame the board

Joker
26-10-2011, 07:36 PM
I won't be surprised if we lose. Apart from a couple of players, most of the first team is hopelessly out of form and we can't rely on the squad players because they're extremely mediocre. Wenger has progressively reduced the quality in the Arsenal squad since 2006 because of his obsession with "market value" and because of that, Chelsea are now many times superior to us even though a few years ago we were quite close to them.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-10-2011, 08:02 PM

:bow: Tottenham fans, you really are the best you know that.

Master Splinter
26-10-2011, 08:04 PM
:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
26-10-2011, 08:07 PM
We loose we loose, after all who'd expect us to win anyway, that said the moaners will still moan anyway. Mind you they still moan even if we won.

PGFC
26-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Meh, as long as we win the fights on the pitch, RvP vs TCJT looks a good 'un, I'll be happy.

Coney
26-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Meh, as long as we win the fights on the pitch - RvP vs TCJT looks a good 'un - I'll be happy.

I fixed the punctuation for you. :good:

PGFC
26-10-2011, 09:54 PM
I fixed the punctuation for you. :good:

Marvellous. A round of applause for TCC :clap:

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2011, 09:55 PM
I'll blame the board

Good stuff. But I'm blaming them anyway - before the kick off. Cunts.

Özim
26-10-2011, 09:55 PM
A post designed to shit all over Wenger regardless of the result.

Well done.
Thanks I think they liar deserves it, as I've said before he's done :good:

Coney
26-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Marvellous. A round of applause for TCC :clap:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCC :unsure:

TCC may refer to:

The Classic Crime
Taisei Construction Corporation
Take Command Console
Taught Course Centre
Technology and Construction Court
Texas Cave Conservancy
The Casual Courier
The Children's Channel
The Clearing Corporation
The Closing Chronicles
The Comedy Channel
Theory of Cryptography Conference
Tiny C Compiler
Toronto Children's Chorus
Toronto Congress Centre
Torque converter clutch
Trammell Crow Company
Transitional cell carcinoma, which affects the bladder
Travancore Cochin Chemicals, Kochi, Kerala, India.
Travelers' Century Club
Tri-County Conference (disambiguation)
Triclocarban, a disinfectant
True Catholic Church
Tucson Convention Center
Tunisian Community Center
Turbo C/C++ Compiler (Turbo C/Turbo C++)
Turtle Creek Chorale
Tysons Corner Center

Özim
26-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't know pal, you seem to know an awful lot about them though.

Özim
26-10-2011, 09:57 PM
We loose we loose
Sh*t I knew we were rubbish at football but even that's news to me!

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2011, 09:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCC :unsure:

A punch in your fixation ! I think ?&

Coney
26-10-2011, 10:02 PM
A punch in your fixation ! I think ?&

He started it....

Last edited by Perry; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: poor punctuation there from the normally reliable Perry

:whistle:

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2011, 10:04 PM
He started it....

And finished it.

Cripps_orig
26-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Wengers a cuntWenger OutJust go WengerAnd that's if we win

Letters
26-10-2011, 10:21 PM

This is an interesting and telling point.

Yes, expectations are lower than they were when we were at our best under Wenger but if you recognise that then you surely have to recognise that it was Wenger who raised them in the first place and that expectations are still higher than they were pre-Wenger. No?

This manager you so hate in a frankly unhealthy way has raised expectation to the point that finishing outside the top 4 would be seen as a serious failure. In 1995 we finished 12th with 51 points from 42 games and only scored 52 league goals. (Final league results: P42 W13 D12 L17 F52 A49 Pts51). At one point we lost 6 out of 7 league games scoring only 2 goals in the 6 games we lost. Can you imagine this place if that happened now?! Blackburn won the title with 89 points, for comparison.

Expectation levels are much higher now, and they're higher because of Wenger. Things are far from perfect but they're nowhere near as bad as you make out sometimes.

PGFC
26-10-2011, 10:23 PM
He started it....

No I didn't

Marc Overmars
26-10-2011, 10:24 PM
You know what I loved?

92/93

selassie
27-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Knowing this place I can see a load of moaning and hand-wringing if we lose even though pretty much everyone agrees that we're no longer at the level of the top 3. I still think we're one of the better teams of 'the rest' but Chelsea away is a tough game in any season and it would be no disgrace to lose there.

The way I see it:

A win :faint: :patrice:

A draw :dance:

A close defeat :( but :shrug:

A thumping :doh:

Long as we play and work well I'll be fairly content even if we lose. A thumping would be disappointing.

Expectations are low, I expect us to lose to Chelsea most seasons, this season especially given our poor start and weakened team. No over reaction from me if we lose. If we get anything out of this game it's a bonus and I would feel the same if we were playing at the Emirates.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Stamford Bridge, cant remember of glut of happy journeys home from that ground.

But as with every match I will be thinking we can win this,
over the moon if we do,
down in the dumps if we dont even though I appreciate iit aint going to be easy

Im with the ctew that are looking for the lads to give a good account for themselves and hopefully maintain some of the momentum that they have built up, however Chelsea is a tough proposition and it is goin g to be an interesting match. . .one that will provide both optimists and doom mongers a chance to state their case

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2011, 10:12 AM
This is an interesting and telling point.

Yes, expectations are lower than they were when we were at our best under Wenger but if you recognise that then you surely have to recognise that it was Wenger who raised them in the first place and that expectations are still higher than they were pre-Wenger. No?

This manager you so hate in a frankly unhealthy way has raised expectation to the point that finishing outside the top 4 would be seen as a serious failure. In 1995 we finished 12th with 51 points from 42 games and only scored 52 league goals. (Final league results: P42 W13 D12 L17 F52 A49 Pts51). At one point we lost 6 out of 7 league games scoring only 2 goals in the 6 games we lost. Can you imagine this place if that happened now?! Blackburn won the title with 89 points, for comparison.

Expectation levels are much higher now, and they're higher because of Wenger. Things are far from perfect but they're nowhere near as bad as you make out sometimes.

Why reply to him its like talking to a brick wall.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2011, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't know pal, you seem to know an awful lot about them though.

Don't be shy about your fellow fans its ok you won't be banned from GW even if your a top spud tbh

Sh*t I knew we were rubbish at football but even that's news to me!

WTF you on about. ?

Japan Shaking All Over
27-10-2011, 10:23 AM
another poster who is annoyed that we are winning games as it doesnt help them moan at wenger as he is winning. just enjoy the winning streak and hope your team does well in the next game play

Dont ask for too much. . . , best to let Zimm remain in his yrue colours, I mean if he were to about face and jump on board and actually support the team. . .we would all probably to be equally as lost about what do with him!

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Dont ask for too much. . . , best to let Zimm remain in his yrue colours, I mean if he were to about face and jump on board and actually support the team. . .we would all probably to be equally as lost about what do with him!

So true, GW would be dull without Zimms negatives tbh. :bow: Zimm

Coney
27-10-2011, 11:56 AM
He started it....

No I didn't

Oh yes you... ... ... ...

Anyway, I hadn't corrected anyone's grammar for ages and I had a build-up of unused self-righteousness.

LDG
27-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Oh yes you... ... ... ...

Anyway, I hadn't corrected anyone's grammar for ages and I had a build-up of unused self-righteousness.

Nobody has corrected your face either.

Coney
27-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Nobody has corrected your face either.

... or your mother's face.

LDG
27-10-2011, 12:19 PM
... or your mother's face.

Ugly bitch.

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Ugly bitch.

I'm going to tell her you said that, tonight.

LDG
27-10-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm going to tell her you said that, tonight.

Cool. Passcode is 8975. Third room on the left next to incontinent Betty.

Use that hand gel on the way out :good:

Japan Shaking All Over
27-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Cool. Passcode is 8975. Third room on the left next to incontinent Betty.

Use that hand gel on the way out :good:

Used it all up last night on my way out. . . .messy cow

Boss
28-10-2011, 02:35 AM

STFU with the other fan references on AFCD pls lads, ty.

Boss
28-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Expect us to lose but hopefully it'll be a close game. I haven't gotten to the stage where I'm completely unaffected by footy results so will still be gutted by any loss, although if we play well and barely lose then I won't be too irritated.

Hope for a draw or win inshallah. :pray:

GP
28-10-2011, 08:40 AM
STFU with the other fan references on AFCD pls lads, ty.

Spoken like a true spud

Master Splinter
28-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Spoken like a true spud

Spuds gonna Spud.

Dog Toffee
28-10-2011, 10:14 AM
If we lose on Saturday I will react by raping my pet hedgehog.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-10-2011, 07:20 AM
i don't call it a run when you win four games, especially when three of them are at home, and if you take it as just the league then we are unbeaten in two games, both at home and both we needed robin van persie to win.
The fact is we have fallen far because we don't go into matches like this expecting anything but defeat, if we lose i won't be surprised but it will cement my belief that we won't finish fourth (we will have lost 5 out of the ten games we have played in the league)
Either way it will take more than one game to convince me of anything, win, lose or draw.
My hardened resolve is that Wenger has taken us as far as he can, and we will continue to lose ground as long as he is in charge.....it's not entirerly his fault he takes on more responsibility at the club than any other manager in the league....but it's clear that from the body language of the players at times he does not know how to instill confidence when we are up against it in matches, even in the league wins to stoke and sunderland our heads dropped as soon as we conceded the equalizing goals.......Bolton when he personally conducted the team as if it were an orchestra was a welcome counter-example.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2011, 01:41 PM
This thread :pal:

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2011, 02:45 PM
This thread :pal:

The hedgehog is safe, so don't knock it.

Ollie the Optimist
29-10-2011, 08:07 PM
ill decide how i react after watching the game. if the boys go out and lose but its close but give their all and i can say after the game that they couldnt have done any better but chelsea were better then ill be fine. if they just dont turn up i will be fucked off but this is irrelvant as we are winning this

me :bow: