PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Defending

AKBapologist
29-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Thats the kinda footy I want to watch every day tbh.

:coffee:

AKBapologist
29-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Also, Joker Toronto Gunner et al are twats for saying RVP goes missing in big games.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Nobody else bothers with it anymore I suppose.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Zimm likes this type of footie fast attacking

21_GOONER_SALUTE
29-10-2011, 01:49 PM
I wasn't sure i was watching Arsenal 2011 or if i was in some sort of time warp. Definately the most enjoyable game this year by space miles!!!

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Never seen as attack as welll as this was superb, we passed passed but we mixed it up which is what we need to do from now on.

GP
29-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Streets ahead.

AKBapologist
29-10-2011, 01:51 PM
We still need another striker though. :coffee:

Marc Overmars
29-10-2011, 01:55 PM
We still need another striker though. :coffee:

Well, yeah, we don't win today without RVP's goals.

Joker
29-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Also, Joker Toronto Gunner et al are twats for saying RVP goes missing in big games.

If you look at his record against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham etc in recent seasons, you'll see his goalscoring record is mediocre against these sides. Fair enough, this season he's stepped up and he's playing brilliantly at the moment and I give him a lot of credit for that.

And you can't say "fuck defending". This was a lottery of a game, and if we don't sort the defence out, we can very easily end up losing matches like this. The forward players won't always be in top form, and when they aren't, we must make sure the defence is solid so we can nick a 1-0 win.

And thanks for calling me a twat. It seems the Wenger fanboys can criticise the realists without any censure from the mods, but when someone goes against the grain they're set upon by the MOC. If there's anyone who's embarrassed themselves, it's you.

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2011, 02:22 PM
If you look at his record against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham etc in recent seasons, you'll see his goalscoring record is mediocre against these sides. Fair enough, this season he's stepped up and he's playing brilliantly at the moment and I give him a lot of credit for that.

And you can't say "fuck defending". This was a lottery of a game, and if we don't sort the defence out, we can very easily end up losing matches like this. The forward players won't always be in top form, and when they aren't, we must make sure the defence is solid so we can nick a 1-0 win.

And thanks for calling me a twat. It seems the Wenger fanboys can criticise the realists without any censure from the mods, but when someone goes against the grain they're set upon by the MOC. If there's anyone who's embarrassed themselves, it's you.

Yes - it was a lottery game! We won the fucking lottery! What more do you want?

AKBapologist
29-10-2011, 02:26 PM
United getting thrashed by City at home, and this result almost make up for that match that shan't be mentioned. Defence is shocking, yes it can be improved, no buying cahill or samba or any average player won't improve it, but for fuck sake, your inability to admit you were wrong turns you into a sorry parody of a demented fan.

Anyway, here's hoping for a season of these games!

McNamara That Ghost...
29-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Tottenham Hotspur 1-5 Manchester City.
Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal.
Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Liverpool.
Manchester United 1-6 Manchester City.
Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal.

:haha:

Marc Overmars
29-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Just need City on the wrong end of one of these games.

:unsure:

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Tottenham Hotspur 1-5 Manchester City.
Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Liverpool.
Manchester United 1-6 Manchester City.
Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal.

:haha:

It's all a bit Scottish.

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2011, 02:34 PM

Don't know where you got that from. Never happened, you loon.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-10-2011, 02:36 PM
We just beat Chelsea 3-5. If we lose again soon, then it never happened. Again.

Edinburgh Gooner
29-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Just need City on the wrong end of one of these games.

:unsure:
Aye, we'll put 5 or 6 past citeh

Master Splinter
29-10-2011, 03:52 PM

In both competitions.

Edinburgh Gooner
29-10-2011, 03:54 PM
In both competitions.
:gp:

fakeyank
29-10-2011, 04:30 PM

Only worry is how much they will put past us

Edinburgh Gooner
29-10-2011, 04:37 PM

As long it is less than 5 or 6 lol

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2011, 10:47 PM

Don't worry Kos will handle them.

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Don't worry Kos will handle them.

True. Like in the match against Marseilles, Koscielny was absolutely superb. Almost single-handedly got us that clean sheet.

GP
29-10-2011, 11:34 PM
True. Like in the match against Marseilles, Koscielny was absolutely superb. Almost single-handedly got us that clean sheet.

I heard someone say that before.

I think it was Charlie.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I heard someone say that before.

I think it was Charlie.

Not me MO i think

GP
30-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Not me MO i think

Yeah must be.

Syn
30-10-2011, 11:58 AM
<_<

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2011, 01:20 PM
<_<

<_<

Japan Shaking All Over
30-10-2011, 03:37 PM

Come on Joker!
Who you trying to kid? I mean your brand of realism makes The Magic Roundabout look like an Open University documentary!

RvP has scored 27 in 28, if that doesnt show how important he is to us, whether it is against the so called big teams ir not, I dont know what is!
And you say he doesnt turn up against those teams so we should get rid of him, jeez! He may noy score against them as much as say Rooney but it might have something to do with the quality he is playing against and for that matter with.
Rooney has the luxury of plsying with a fukl cast of stars who can easily divert a defence's attention.

RvP with quality back up (Gervinho already showing a taste for assists) and an injury free run can be Golden Boot material and you dint throw that away.

That my friend is realism, pure and simple.

MOC = MOD

Master Splinter
30-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Returning to the defending thing, we have to remember that we started without Gibbs, Sagna and Vermaelen. And even Jenkinson, who I'm pretty sure is better than Djourou at RB.

If GHELkinson continues to impress, we might not miss Sagna that much, as long as we have our first choice defence in other positions. Koscielny and Mertesacker have done well recently and Vermaelen can only improve that situation, whoever he partners.

We had a second/third choice defence versus Chelsea's first choice and vastly more experienced defence.

If everyone avoids injuries for a while (:haha:) we will without doubt get better. And Sagna and Wilshere's return ( :haha:) should also make us more solid.

This should maybe have gone in the Mindless Optimism Thread.