PDA

View Full Version : kolo toure: and now somehow about Theo

WilshereourGHEL
31-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Would you take kolo toure back at the club? he apparently miffed at city (so is his brother apparently)

does he have anything to offer us anymore?

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 12:05 PM
The rumours are already doing the rounds. His form had dropped dramatically by the time city overpaid for him. So no, because he wouldn't come back as 5th choice so what's the point?

Marc Overmars
31-10-2011, 12:17 PM
We have 6 CB's. 3 who are better than Toure.

No thanks.

IBK
31-10-2011, 12:33 PM
When we have Koscielny almost single handedly keeping us clean sheets? Hell no.

Power n Glory
31-10-2011, 12:38 PM
A package deal...yes. Kolo and Yaya.

selassie
31-10-2011, 12:49 PM
He'd be 3rd/4th choice at best and TBH his best days are behind him now.

No thanks.

milla
31-10-2011, 01:04 PM
A package deal...yes. Kolo and Yaya.

Yaya is not utilise to his fullest talent IMO, he will do much better under Vineger. Citeh CM is so dull for such an expensive team. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Kolo is a drug addict too, probably a pusher to small kids outside schools. Not sure we want his sort here.

gunsofashburtongrove
31-10-2011, 01:16 PM
The reason why he wants to leave is because of the number of players ahead of him. Cant see why he would like it if Verm, Kos and Per are ahead of him. Would rather see Kyle Bartley come through.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 01:26 PM
No He's Shit and was before he left

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 01:34 PM
The reason why he wants to leave is because of the number of players ahead of him. Cant see why he would like it if Verm, Kos and Per are ahead of him. Would rather see Kyle Bartley come through.

He only went for the money, so I wonder why he's not happy with his money? Is the grass looking jaded? Let him live with it along with all of City's other mercenaries. Surely they knew the money comes first at City?

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Kolo is a drug addict too, probably a pusher to small kids outside schools. Not sure we want his sort here.

He's not that sort of druggie

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 01:43 PM
He's not that sort of druggie

I get my facts from the tabloids, so they are very accurate.

gunsofashburtongrove
31-10-2011, 01:51 PM
He only went for the money, so I wonder why he's not happy with his money? Is the grass looking jaded? Let him live with it along with all of City's other mercenaries. Surely they knew the money comes first at City?
:-) He's probably expecting more money after some their recent signings . The nouveau riche Russian club seems like a potential destination. Money is a good attraction to start with but to find out that you are only good enough for the bench can hurt. A certain Mr. Adebayor will testify

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 02:10 PM
I get my facts from the tabloids, so they are very accurate.

English Media :haha:

Boss
01-11-2011, 07:02 AM
He's shit so nope.

Would take his brother though.

Song-Y.Toure against the big teams :cloud9:

Cripps_orig
01-11-2011, 07:57 AM
If its as cover then I don't mind. He can play right back and he's better than Jo Djo and Jenkinson although that's really not saying much. As for CB, he'd probably be 3rd choice after the Mertemaelen partnership. As for Yaya, is he a first teamer for City anymore?

21_GOONER_SALUTE
06-11-2011, 11:01 AM

No, he went because a shat was preferred to him and he felt he was getting no respect, do you see a pattern developing? Still a quality player and IMO only one of our CBs is definately better than him. With that said, i'm not convinced he could do a Campbell, as psyches quite different, so probablly no. Yaya is a no brainer.

Power n Glory
06-11-2011, 11:11 AM
He's been screwed over by City. Arsene Wenger stood up for him and supported him during the drug case. He's getting no support from City and that's why he wants to leave.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 11:33 AM
No, he went because a shat was preferred to him and he felt he was getting no respect, do you see a pattern developing? Still a quality player and IMO only one of our CBs is definately better than him. With that said, i'm not convinced he could do a Campbell, as psyches quite different, so probablly no. Yaya is a no brainer.

I particularly liked the part where he stayed and fought for his place. That was impressive. I hope he doesn't do a Campbell and I hope he doesn't come back. We have to get some luck soon with injuries, we've been cursed over the last few seasons. We have 3 CBs and Djourou, hopefully it will be enough. Kos deciding to save rather than cost us points has been a big bonus so far. Why do we need somebody who when the going got tough, went? The more players who go to City and end up rotting the better. It may act as a deterrent for those who think money is the be all and end all. Players like Toure and Nasri. Whatever happens to them they brought on themselves. Let them live with it. If they can't find anything to do on a Saturday they can always pop out and buy another Bentley (the car, not the greedy cunt who also thought he was something special). So don't feel too sorry for them.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 11:35 AM
If its as cover then I don't mind. He can play right back and he's better than Jo Djo and Jenkinson although that's really not saying much. As for CB, he'd probably be 3rd choice after the Mertemaelen partnership. As for Yaya, is he a first teamer for City anymore?

When are you going to admit you have been totally wrong about Jenkinson?

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 11:47 AM
When are you going to admit you have been totally wrong about Jenkinson?I'll admit it when I am wrong. I'm not yet

Ollie the Optimist
06-11-2011, 11:53 AM
When are you going to admit you have been totally wrong about Jenkinson?

this is from a man who thinks kos is shit. he is as likely to admit he is wrong as joker is to admit that RVP is world class

Xhaka Can’t
06-11-2011, 12:34 PM
I particularly liked the part where he stayed and fought for his place. That was impressive. I hope he doesn't do a Campbell and I hope he doesn't come back. We have to get some luck soon with injuries, we've been cursed over the last few seasons. We have 3 CBs and Djourou, hopefully it will be enough. Kos deciding to save rather than cost us points has been a big bonus so far. Why do we need somebody who when the going got tough, went? The more players who go to City and end up rotting the better. It may act as a deterrent for those who think money is the be all and end all. Players like Toure and Nasri. Whatever happens to them they brought on themselves. Let them live with it. If they can't find anything to do on a Saturday they can always pop out and buy another Bentley (the car, not the greedy cunt who also thought he was something special). So don't feel too sorry for them.

Leave Kolo and Samir alone.

They're having a hard time! Why can't you understand that, and LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!

21_GOONER_SALUTE
06-11-2011, 12:56 PM
He's been screwed over by City. Arsene Wenger stood up for him and supported him during the drug case. He's getting no support from City and that's why he wants to leave.

No argument there, just replying to NQ who has the annoying habit of trivialising everything to money. Anyway anyone who has watched kolo knows He's one of those rare passion players who wear there hearts on their sleeves and are pretty easy to read. Funnilly, these are the characteristics that make me not want him back. Take campbell's 2nd coming, he was as cool and as professional as they come. On and off the bench he never seemed agitated or overwhelmed, just did his shift and left. Also the Iceman was always like that, in fact he cites that as the reason he can't become a manager. kolo would be passion personified in a 2nd coming, and in a team where he won't be 1St choice or one that has shown the ability of losing 8-2, players unable to handle their emotions could be another hinderance.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
06-11-2011, 01:17 PM
BTW NQ, IIRC didn't you also scoff at the signing of Sol? I'm pretty sure MO did....... hmm scrap that a must signing now. Seriously though, Yaya.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 01:57 PM
this is from a man who thinks kos is shit. he is as likely to admit he is wrong as joker is to admit that RVP is world class

Kos was total shit last year and I said so. This year he's playing well. And I said so. Which bit do you think I should lie about to make you happier?

Ollie the Optimist
06-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Kos was total shit last year and I said so. This year he's playing well. And I said so. Which bit do you think I should lie about to make you happier?

i was talking about ach not you :good:

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 01:59 PM
BTW NQ, IIRC didn't you also scoff at the signing of Sol? I'm pretty sure MO did....... hmm scrap that a must signing now. Seriously though, Yaya.

Yes I did. I didn't want Campbell here in the first place, never mind the second or third place. Good player but an awful human being.

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 01:59 PM

The playing well this year bit

A couple of games doesnt make up for total shitness in August and September

Ollie the Optimist
06-11-2011, 02:00 PM

a couple of games? do you watch the matches? oh stupid question you dont, so you have no idea

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:02 PM
...just replying to NQ who has the annoying habit of trivialising everything to money

I have a habit of outing trivial people who reduce everything to money.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:03 PM
i was talking about ach not you :good:

Okay, just gave myself a proxy punch in the head on your behalf.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:06 PM

He's playing well now. That's what we want our players to do isn't it? If he's shit in September and now he's playing well it means he's improved. Something else we want our players to do.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I'll admit it when I am wrong. I'm not yet

Best crosser in the team - finally we have one. Coming on leaps and bounds at the back and a constant threat going forward. From a kid who was playing where 2 years ago? He's been sent out to the slaughter on occasion, made his debut in the CL, been a part of our winning run. You're weird, you play up the guys who continue to fail to deliver to their potential - like Walcott and Chamakh - and slaughter the players who go beyond what we thought they were capable of. It sounds a bit like you're taking your frustrations at the general situation out on players who don't deserve it but at the same time giving wasters a free ride.

Or else you are a WUM.

One of the two.

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:11 PM
He's playing well now. That's what we want our players to do isn't it? If he's shit in September and now he's playing well it means he's improved. Something else we want our players to do.

Lets wait a while before doing an Ollie and thinking hes come good.

After a year and 2 months of being awful, it'll take more than a couple of games before im fully convinced.

Yes hes done well recently and long may it continue

Master Splinter
06-11-2011, 02:12 PM

WUMs gonna WUM.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:14 PM

After a year and 2 months of being awful, it'll take more than a couple of games before im fully convinced.

Fair enough, so you at least admit he's been capable of performing at this level. That's impressive enough for me. Nobody is saying he's the next international superstar, but he's added something we didn't have to the team, not just the crossing but also the good sense to boot it clear when in doubt. We've need a player like him for a while. Merts is the same, more steady than spectacular which is exactly what we need.

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Best crosser in the team - finally we have one. Coming on leaps and bounds at the back and a constant threat going forward. From a kid who was playing where 2 years ago? He's been sent out to the slaughter on occasion, made his debut in the CL, been a part of our winning run. You're weird, you play up the guys who continue to fail to deliver to their potential - like Walcott and Chamakh - and slaughter the players who go beyond what we thought they were capable of. It sounds a bit like you're taking your frustrations at the general situation out on players who don't deserve it but at the same time giving wasters a free ride.

Or else you are a WUM.

One of the two.

I could say the same about you and your laughable critisisms of Walcott which you've been very quiet about since the Chelsea game :lol:

Wonder why?

As for Jenkinson, he was shite pre season and even worse at the start of the season. He was even crap in midweek v Marseille. He might have played well v WBA but one game in a season doesnt make a player good

Ollie the Optimist
06-11-2011, 02:17 PM

well no cos he hasnt been shit for a year and two months :rolleyes: he hasnt been great at times, but he has been be dam good at other times, that run from december till carling cup final he was a beast

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:19 PM
I could say the same about you and your laughable critisisms of Walcott which you've been very quiet about since the Chelsea game :lol:

Wonder why?

As for Jenkinson, he was shite pre season and even worse at the start of the season. He was even crap in midweek v Marseille. He might have played well v WBA but one game in a season doesnt make a player good

Go back to the last match thread to find my latest criticism of Theo Walcott. I'm not saying the guy is a pub teamer, I'm saying he's failed to deliver on his potential. Gervinho has come in and already done more than Theo and that says a lot about Theo. The guy has plenty to say for himself, whether in the media or in books, but seems to do more talking off the pitch than on it. He needs to change that don't you think? If he improves then I'll say well done Theo too. I want him to improve.

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Go back to the last match thread to find my latest criticism of Theo Walcott. I'm not saying the guy is a pub teamer, I'm saying he's failed to deliver on his potential. Gervinho has come in and already done more than Theo and that says a lot about Theo. The guy has plenty to say for himself, whether in the media or in books, but seems to do more talking off the pitch than on it. He needs to change that don't you think? If he improves then I'll say well done Theo too. I want him to improve.

Didnt realise Gervinho already has double figures and sets up most of RVPs goals for him and scares the shit out of Barca and other teams with his pace. Theo is far better. See what i mean with laughable.

I want Jenkinson to get better. Of course i do. Hes an Arsenal player. Not a very good one admittedly but hes young and hopefully he does a Theo and comes good but theres also a chance he can do a Ryo Mitchyarse whatever and disappear.

Xhaka Can’t
06-11-2011, 02:27 PM
No argument there, just replying to NQ who has the annoying habit of trivialising everything to money. Anyway anyone who has watched kolo knows He's one of those rare passion players who wear there hearts on their sleeves and are pretty easy to read. Funnilly, these are the characteristics that make me not want him back. Take campbell's 2nd coming, he was as cool and as professional as they come. On and off the bench he never seemed agitated or overwhelmed, just did his shift and left. Also the Iceman was always like that, in fact he cites that as the reason he can't become a manager. kolo would be passion personified in a 2nd coming, and in a team where he won't be 1St choice or one that has shown the ability of losing 8-2, players unable to handle their emotions could be another hinderance.

Bergkamp, Kolo, Campbell

Spot the odd one out. Here's a clue, it isn't the forward.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I didn't say or imply Gervinho is in double figures for goals. What's that about? Theo isn't in double figures either. Nor has he set up "most" of RvP's goals. You want to make shit up and then say I told you so.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Bergkamp, Kolo, Campbell

Spot the odd one out. Here's a clue, it isn't the forward.

I think it IS the forward. He;s an Arsenal man, the other two aren't.

Ollie the Optimist
06-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I didn't say or imply Gervinho is in double figures for goals. What's that about? Theo isn't in double figures either. Nor has he set up "most" of RvP's goals. You want to make shit up and then say I told you so.

i thought gervinho had set up most of RVP's goals. he did against chelsea, stoke and others. if gervinho could shoot he would be miles ahead of theo right now. i love theo, think he will be great for us but he needs to improve big time, take yesterday for example, he really should have scored instead of rvp.

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:36 PM

You said and i quote

Gervinho has come in and already done more than Theo

Theo has done all the things ive mentioned. Gervinho hasnt come close to it.

Or were you just talking about this season and comparing the 2? Cos in that case, Theo has still scored more and scared the shit out of the likes of Bolton, WBA etc whilst Gervinho got sent off and is widely regarded as Diaby with a forehead

GP
06-11-2011, 02:37 PM
This thread is retarded.

Xhaka Can’t
06-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Now that it seems we have moved on to Theo.

When will people realise, that he is not going to get better?

How many fucking years of aspiring and failing to achieve mediocrity will it take?

He is awful, he is incapable of learning and even yesterday, against West Brom, he could rarely beat a man.

He was incredibly fortunate yesterday when he should have scored, that Van Persie was following up when he shot it straight at the keeper.

Theo was the one dark cloud in a shining performance and I'm a long way past being fed up with this guy.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:38 PM
i thought gervinho had set up most of RVP's goals. he did against chelsea, stoke and others. if gervinho could shoot he would be miles ahead of theo right now. i love theo, think he will be great for us but he needs to improve big time, take yesterday for example, he really should have scored instead of rvp.

At least he was in there. I don't hold his shots to goals ratio against him, it's his decision making and apparent inability to learn. Totally frustrating. When you see him get the ball and start to run you know there's a 1% chance he'll do something with it. Amazing when he does, excruciating the rest of the time. He doesn't do anything except run straight ahead, often straight into the defender. Gervinho can drop a shoulder and go either way. He's as sloppy as Theo right now in the final third but improving game to game. It would be exciting if Theo was improving too, but he's not. He still has games where he goes missing for 90 minutes. That's not good enough at this level.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:39 PM
This thread is retarded.

You know what I'm going to say - right?

Xhaka Can’t
06-11-2011, 02:39 PM
This thread is retarded.

So's...

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Did people miss Theos goal v Chelsea and are still on about him not being able to take on players?

Really?

Some people on here just do anything to find fault with the club. Theres plenty wrong with this club. Theo isnt one of them.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Did people miss Theos goal v Chelsea and are still on about him not being able to take on players?

Really?

Some people on here just do anything to find fault with the club. Theres plenty wrong with this club. Theo isnt one of them.

His goal vs Chelseas was quite funny. Well taken but still Theo running straight as fast as he could, even getting up after he fell over to run straight some more. He's not going to get many like that. Perhaps one in his career.

Xhaka Can’t
06-11-2011, 02:45 PM

Really?

I can find wonderful examples of John Jensen scoring a wondergoal. But that does not mean he is or was a prolific goalscorer.

Master Splinter
06-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Walcott has 4 goals and 3 assists this season so far in 16 appearances.

Gervinho has 2 goals and 6 assists in 13 appearances.

GP
06-11-2011, 02:48 PM
You know what I'm going to say - right?

Yep.

Apology accepted.

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:50 PM
I can find wonderful examples of John Jensen scoring a wondergoal. But that does not mean we is a prolific goalscorer.

Really? He only scored one. Scored one in the Euro 92 final as well but i dont give a shit about that.

I like Theo. After RVP, arguably our best player this season. Certainly offensively. Can he get better? Yes he can. His main problem was getting injured. Now he seems to have sorted that out, he'll do even better. Double figures with shitloads of assists last season and he'll beat that this season comfortably. Hes improving and improving well. Long may it continue. Hoping Oxlade learns from him as well

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Walcott has 4 goals and 3 assists this season so far in 16 appearances.

Gervinho has 2 goals and 6 assists in 13 appearances.

I rest my case

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:53 PM
His main problem was getting injured.

More BS - he's never had any problem getting injured!

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:53 PM
I rest my case

You rest your nut case.

Master Splinter
06-11-2011, 02:56 PM
You've been here a while, NQ, yes?

Why do you bother when you know what Ach's game usually is?

Xhaka Can’t
06-11-2011, 02:56 PM
I rest my case

http://blog.canpages.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lionel-hutz.gif

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:58 PM
You've been here a while, NQ, yes?

Why do you bother when you know what Ach's game usually is?

Ah the "ffs im losing to Ach in a debate yet again so lets hide behind the hes a WUM" line

Its a classic tbf and plenty have used it.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Ah the "ffs im losing to Ach in a debate yet again so lets hide behind the hes a WUM" line

This is why I just prefer to beat you at the debate. Removes all assumption and doubt.

Ollie the Optimist
06-11-2011, 03:02 PM

well no, you contradict your arguments the whole time, you tell us we cant say kos, jenks etc are great because htey have been shit hte whole time and only performed in odd games yet you are using one game theo did well in to say how great he is

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 03:04 PM
This is why I just prefer to beat you at the debate. Removes all assumption and doubt.

Yes but when you come out with lines such as Gervinho has done more than Theo, well its kind of hard to come back from that. You can try though.

Anyway i do find it hilarious when WUMs like MS call me a WUM when im actually debating. If i was WUMming, id say Theo was shit

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 03:05 PM
well no, you contradict your arguments the whole time, you tell us we cant say kos, jenks etc are great because htey have been shit hte whole time and only performed in odd games yet you are using one game theo did well in to say how great he is

I can use plenty of games.

Udinese x2, Man Utd, Bolton, WBA etc

Ollie the Optimist
06-11-2011, 03:06 PM
I can use plenty of games.

Udinese x2, Man Utd, Bolton, WBA etc

WBA he was shit, udinese at home, the whole team was shit and we were lucky to get away with a win there, yes he scored but he didnt do much else, oh and united he was crap too, the whole team was

Master Splinter
06-11-2011, 03:12 PM

It's not really a debate when you have a pre-determined set of distorted rules and facts that you will stick to, no matter what actually occurs on the pitch.

It's quite funny. We can all have a laugh.

But sometimes why not have a proper conversation without the need to promote your favourites and unreasonably criticise your non-favourites?

It's a bit weird really. Why not judge on what actually happens? That's what we're all trying to do.

And if NQ is talking about this season only, then Gervinho and Theo have a similar output in the final third. But Gervinho has been more of a constant threat and nuisance to opposing defences. If you've seen most games, everyone would agree with this. And please don't now turn and call me a Theo-hater as it would be frankly, embarrassing.

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 04:01 PM
It's not really a debate when you have a pre-determined set of distorted rules and facts that you will stick to, no matter what actually occurs on the pitch.It's quite funny. We can all have a laugh.But sometimes why not have a proper conversation without the need to promote your favourites and unreasonably criticise your non-favourites?It's a bit weird really. Why not judge on what actually happens? That's what we're all trying to do.And if NQ is talking about this season only, then Gervinho and Theo have a similar output in the final third. But Gervinho has been more of a constant threat and nuisance to opposing defences. If you've seen most games, everyone would agree with this. And please don't now turn and call me a Theo-hater as it would be frankly, embarrassing.That's what I was doing and then you come out with the WUM crap which is boring.

Power n Glory
06-11-2011, 04:17 PM

Really?

Theo isn't suited to playing on the right wing. Play him on the left and he'd bang in more. He needs to start over the other flank or practice shooting and dribbling on his left foot. But he's scoring and getting assists from that side. Just feel we'd get more from him on the left.

Ollie the Optimist
06-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Theo isn't suited to playing on the right wing. Play him on the left and he'd bang in more. He needs to start over the other flank or practice shooting and dribbling on his left foot. But he's scoring and getting assists from that side. Just feel we'd get more from him on the left.

disagree here, when theo and gerv swap wings which they do regualary during hte games, gerv always looks threatning either side theo doesnt

Olivier's xmas twist
06-11-2011, 06:20 PM
That's what I was doing and then you come out with the WUM crap which is boring.

Stop acting like one then he won't. Im suprised you ain't learnt from your being banned on gw tbh.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
06-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Bergkamp, Kolo, Campbell

Spot the odd one out. Here's a clue, it isn't the forward. What's your point? And you should probablly change the name of the thread now, geez GWEB

Power n Glory
06-11-2011, 07:17 PM
disagree here, when theo and gerv swap wings which they do regualary during hte games, gerv always looks threatning either side theo doesnt

They don't swap flanks enough and Gervinho is a dribbler while Theo is a goal scorer. I'd prefer to see Theo coming in on his striking foot rather than on his weaker foot. Gervinho is comfortable on either side and is better at creating chances with his tricky feet. He's comfortable dribbling to his left or right. Theo is really one footed when dribbling and needs to work on his weaker side or play on the left. It's worth a try.

Xhaka Can’t
06-11-2011, 07:53 PM
What's your point? And you should probablly change the name of the thread now, geez GWEB

Done.

The point is that if I was making a point about Kolo, I wouldn't use Bergy and Campbell to support it.

Which reminds me, what happened to Bergstar?

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Would we take Adebayor back? Discuss...

Master Splinter
06-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Would we take Adebayor back? Discuss...

Off topic!!

FFS man.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Off topic!!

FFS man.

I thought the topic was about changing the thread title? How are we supposed to do that if we stay on topic - smart arse?

Power n Glory
06-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Done.

The point is that if I was making a point about Kolo, I wouldn't use Bergy and Campbell to support it.

Yeah and Jen's Face is missing too.

IBK
06-11-2011, 10:08 PM

IMHO Walcott has shown enough to suggest that Wenger hasn't found his best position/combination.

fakeyank
06-11-2011, 10:48 PM

Wonder why?

I dont think Jenkinson is all that either. He seems very slow on the ball but he definitely is growing every game. He shouldnt be playing so many first team games so soon but our luck with injuries coupled with the genius that AW is, we have him playing week in week out. One thing though, this kid has got a killer cross! Bendy or Ade would be popping them in for fun... too bad we dont have any decent headers in the team!

Power n Glory
06-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Now that it seems we have moved on to Theo.

When will people realise, that he is not going to get better?

How many fucking years of aspiring and failing to achieve mediocrity will it take?

He is awful, he is incapable of learning and even yesterday, against West Brom, he could rarely beat a man.

He was incredibly fortunate yesterday when he should have scored, that Van Persie was following up when he shot it straight at the keeper.

Theo was the one dark cloud in a shining performance and I'm a long way past being fed up with this guy.

It's funny because the other week he was giving Cashley nightmares. He's inconsistent if anything. Far from awful.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
07-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Done.

why? Has Kolo not done enough to be mentioned among these legends? I mean all 3 played a big part in AW's success here, check. All 3 gave us their best years, check. All invincibles, check. In fact i believe Kolo played a bigger part in that legend than the other aforementioned, check. Sol left when it was clear the world beater Senderos was being preferred and he'd get a confirmed starting place and better pay packet 'abroad', check. And none has ever said/ done any evil to AW or Arsenal. So it's not like i compared Bentley to Bobby or something....

Japan Shaking All Over
07-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Theo is a flirt!
promises much but then disappoints on delivery. . . .he is massively inconsistent and equally frustrating however. . .I am seeing something of a change in him, well the last two games have shown it IMO.

He seems to be trying to mimic Gerv on the other side, maybe its the team as a whole and the obvious confidence, take his goal against Chelsea as direct as you like and resisted the temptation to go down much some were criticising him for doing just a while ago, Bolton I think?

Saturday he looked to run with the ball, something hes not great at but did alright.

I dont hate Theo and I agree with all that say he is mot a winger. . .but if he gets given that role he needs to do the best he can

21_GOONER_SALUTE
07-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Also i was contrasting them only to highlight how i believe Kolo's standout qualities of passion and enthusiasm, would add nothing to what we unfortunately call our back 4. Simply put Verm's steel reminds me of Sol/Den while kos is undoubtedly Kolo like. It's just a question of what sort of player mentality we can do with/without.

Coney
07-11-2011, 01:02 PM

Yeah and Jen's Face is missing too.

:lol:

Niall_Quinn
07-11-2011, 01:26 PM
It's funny because the other week he was giving Cashley nightmares. He's inconsistent if anything. Far from awful.

He's inconsistently awful.

Fist of Lehmann
07-11-2011, 03:38 PM
:lol::unsure: Not sure I follow.

Xhaka Can’t
07-11-2011, 05:03 PM
why? Has Kolo not done enough to be mentioned among these legends? I mean all 3 played a big part in AW's success here, check. All 3 gave us their best years, check. All invincibles, check. In fact i believe Kolo played a bigger part in that legend than the other aforementioned, check. Sol left when it was clear the world beater Senderos was being preferred and he'd get a confirmed starting place and better pay packet 'abroad', check. And none has ever said/ done any evil to AW or Arsenal. So it's not like i compared Bentley to Bobby or something....

Wow.

Niall_Quinn
07-11-2011, 05:19 PM
In fact i believe Kolo played a bigger part in that legend than the other aforementioned, check.

Uncheck. Don't be mad. Kolo Toure vs Dennis Bergkamp? Having a laugh.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-11-2011, 06:16 PM
I dont think Jenkinson is all that either. He seems very slow on the ball but he definitely is growing every game. He shouldnt be playing so many first team games so soon but our luck with injuries coupled with the genius that AW is, we have him playing week in week out. One thing though, this kid has got a killer cross! Bendy or Ade would be popping them in for fun... too bad we dont have any decent headers in the team!

We have Chamckh, Oh...

21_GOONER_SALUTE
07-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Uncheck. Don't be mad. Kolo Toure vs Dennis Bergkamp? Having a laugh.

Don't be an idiot you idiot. No ones saying Den doesn't easily trump Kolo in the legend books- but in that year Kolo only missed 1 fuckin game of one of the meanest defences ever, starting 36 times. But i'm sure to you Den's 24 appearances in total and 4 goals is what made that record all possible.

Niall_Quinn
07-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Don't be an idiot you idiot.

Make up your mind.

Toure can fuck himself as far as I'm concerned. He wanted City's money, he has City's money. So who's worried except you? Toure started the 36 games you mention. Great, I have no problem with that and I'll even say thanks Kolo. It's that first game he started with City I have the problem with. Legend? Are you serious? Yes, if Bergkamp had made 0 appearances in that year the steam off his piss would be more legendary that Kolo Toure. But don't rely on me, ask anyone who understands that legendary status is built from more than a statistics manual.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
07-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Oh and before you complain about money, which you inevitably will, one of the benefits of being on gweb for so long was being around when we all found out what Kolo was being paid- which was after like 3 years of him being a first teamer. Anyway it remains the silliest amount an established non-youth player has earned under AW, and we only found out because he was about to sign a new so called bumper pay pack. He never gave us an inkling of discontent, so stop comparing him to The Whore.

Syn
07-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Kolo :lol:

Garbage defender. Nice guy though. Probably.

How much did we get for him...£16m, wasn't it? :haha:

21_GOONER_SALUTE
07-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Make up your mind.

Toure can fuck himself as far as I'm concerned. He wanted City's money, he has City's money. So who's worried except you? Toure started the 36 games you mention. Great, I have no problem with that and I'll even say thanks Kolo. It's that first game he started with City I have the problem with. Legend? Are you serious? Yes, if Bergkamp had made 0 appearances in that year the steam off his piss would be more legendary that Kolo Toure. lol lol i hate my phone !!

fakeyank
07-11-2011, 07:51 PM
We have Chamckh, Oh...

Yup, we do have him and I am sure he is killing those crosses in training coz he aint starting for us.

Niall_Quinn
07-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Oh and before you complain about money, which you inevitably will, one of the benefits of being on gweb for so long was being around when we all found out what Kolo was being paid- which was after like 3 years of him being a first teamer. Anyway it remains the silliest amount an established non-youth player has earned under AW, and we only found out because he was about to sign a new so called bumper pay pack. He never gave us an inkling of discontent, so stop comparing him to The Whore.

But what about the money?

Anyway, which whore are you talking about? There are a few now. Actually it was the suggestion Toure's name should be mentioned in the same breath as Bergkamp's that woke me up. Bergkamp's a legend, the other guy's a myth.

Marc Overmars
07-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Kolo is alright, nice guy and I never questioned his commitment. He certainly wasn't the best defender we've ever had but he was highly thought of from 2004-2006, being part of the Invincibles and the meanest CL defence. Campbell and Senderos complimented him well, in the same way Kos and Merts have looked decent together, despite having an opposite style of play.

He obviously didn't get on with Gallas and that ruined any chance of forming a partnership there. The time was right for him to leave and the offer from City was too good to refuse.

Legend? No.

Deserving of our respect for his service here? Yes.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
07-11-2011, 11:25 PM
But what about the money?

Anyway, which whore are you talking about? There are a few now. Actually it was the suggestion Toure's name should be mentioned in the same breath as Bergkamp's that woke me up. Bergkamp's a legend, the other guy's a myth.

Ok, i give up. When you actually read my posts, especially the ones you cut and pasted replies to, let me know. The Whore is trademarked to Ade, who i thought you compared to Kolo but apparently i was wrong and it was Nasri at your recieving end. And TBF to Nasri, the reasons he gave could still come too fruition just like Cesc's reasons did in his first 3 games for Barca.

Niall_Quinn
07-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Ok, i give up. When you actually read my posts, especially the ones you cut and pasted replies to, let me know. The Whore is trademarked to Ade, who i thought you compared to Kolo but apparently i was wrong and it was Nasri at your recieving end. And TBF to Nasri, the reasons he gave could still come too fruition just like Cesc's reasons did in his first 3 games for Barca.

You said,
lol lol i hate my phone !!

So I ask again, what about the money?

Penguin
13-11-2011, 11:47 AM
You can't fault his attitude and professionalism, but hes an awful defender. His positioning is pub team standard and he just adds to the uncertainty at the back. Thats the last thing our team needs.