PDA

View Full Version : one arsene wenger

Ollie the Optimist
31-10-2011, 12:45 PM
i think he deserves a fuck load of credit for our recent form. it was his fault we didnt buy and the boards but he has asked us to trust him etc and suddenly the players are delivering. gervinho is looking a great buy, jenkison is good and arteta is coming good as well. three make shift buys but ones that are starting to deliever. he told us kos was a good defender, he has become very good right now, ramsay too.

he has deserved the criticism no doubt but he has changed the run of form to now have 8 wins in 9 games with us scoring goals. RVP gets the plaudits but without the team he wont score, gervinho is brilliant for RVP. just look at the celebration of the 5th goal plus after the game to see what spirit the team has. they are fighting now, stoke, sunderland, marsaille and now chelsea, heads are not going down, they are all standing up and fighting and i think wenger deserves the credit for this. he has turned the form around dramatically, we might not have been playing the best football ever but we were winning.

that speech he made on thursday i think has had more effect then we thought, the players seemed to repsond to it and respond to it big time

gunsofashburtongrove
31-10-2011, 01:00 PM
i think he deserves a fuck load of credit for our recent form. it was his fault we didnt buy and the boards but he has asked us to trust him etc and suddenly the players are delivering. gervinho is looking a great buy, jenkison is good and arteta is coming good as well. three make shift buys but ones that are starting to deliever. he told us kos was a good defender, he has become very good right now, ramsay too.

he has deserved the criticism no doubt but he has changed the run of form to now have 8 wins in 9 games with us scoring goals. RVP gets the plaudits but without the team he wont score, gervinho is brilliant for RVP. just look at the celebration of the 5th goal plus after the game to see what spirit the team has. they are fighting now, stoke, sunderland, marsaille and now chelsea, heads are not going down, they are all standing up and fighting and i think wenger deserves the credit for this. he has turned the form around dramatically, we might not have been playing the best football ever but we were winning.

that speech he made on thursday i think has had more effect then we thought, the players seemed to repsond to it and respond to it big time
:good: about time

milla
31-10-2011, 01:06 PM
There is only one Arsene Vineger, one Arsene *******.. I hope the board will keep him for life. Arsene :bow:

Coney
31-10-2011, 01:12 PM

Plus he must have said something to them at half time in the chav game when we had gone 2-1 down just before the halftime whistle. 5 minutes into the second half and we were back on even terms.

Wenger. :bow:

Fist of Lehmann
31-10-2011, 01:18 PM
According to 7am kickoff, Wenger made some kind of tactical change at half time.

I'm not ashamed to say, I was too oblivious to notice.

If he did:

:bow: Winning the 2nd half 1-4

Xhaka Can’t
31-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet, we have a long way to go.

LDG
31-10-2011, 01:20 PM
According to 7am kickoff, Wenger made some kind of tactical change at half time.

I'm not ashamed to say, I was too oblivious to notice.

If he did:

:bow: Winning the 2nd half 1-4

Defence sat deeper. Only Santos got forward really, but from a deeper position than first half.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 01:24 PM
:bow: Wenger

Letters
31-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet, we have a long way to go.

Innit. I'm tired of the kneejerking about bad results so let's not go too overboard about a good one.
But it's 8 wins out of 9 now. OK, mostly in games we 'should be' winning but early season we weren't winning those so yes, Wenger does deserve some credit for getting this lot playing again.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Plus he must have said something to them at half time in the chav game when we had gone 2-1 down just before the halftime whistle. 5 minutes into the second half and we were back on even terms.

Wenger. :bow:

Maybe TV said, Shut Up Arsene! This is what we will do.

Marc Overmars
31-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Early days yet. Current form is pleasing but the last 7-8 months was no fluke, something really screwed up along the way and we're currently a work in progress because of it. Expectations have been lowered so much that any win, against anyone is treated with extra glee. Saturday of course was the first time in a long time we've really been able to go mental at a result, but ultimatley it's only 3 points and we all know from experience how much this team can flatter to decieve.

The proof will be in the pudding for this team come May but yes it's certainly nice to have the confidence flowing again. :dance:

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Early days yet. Current form is pleasing but the last 7-8 months was no fluke, something really screwed up along the way and we're currently a work in progress because of it. Expectations have been lowered so much that any win, against anyone is treated with extra glee. Saturday of course was the first time in a long time we've really been able to go mental at a result, but ultimatley it's only 3 points and we all know from experience how much this team can flatter to decieve.

The proof will be in the pudding for this team come May but yes it's certainly nice to have the confidence flowing again. :dance:

So will your face

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 03:02 PM
So will your face

Finally a good face joke.

Marc Overmars
31-10-2011, 03:03 PM
A face of pudding?

om nom nom.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 03:03 PM
A face of pudding?

om nom nom.

Mmmmm... pudding...

GP
31-10-2011, 03:16 PM
I like pudding.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 03:21 PM
I like pudding.

Chocolate Pudding :bow: John Big Man terry hates it though only likes Sponge pudding

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 03:32 PM
mmmm... spotted dick...

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 03:36 PM
mmmm... spotted dick...

Thats what Toni Terry said

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Thats what Toni Terry said

And Waynetta Bridge.

Marc Overmars
31-10-2011, 03:42 PM
mmmm... spotted dick...

What does Letters have to do with this?

Xhaka Can’t
31-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Fucking hell Niall. I'm gonna have to switch avatars off.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 03:48 PM
And Waynetta Bridge.

And Cheryl Cole Oops Cashley i thought you knew

IBK
31-10-2011, 03:56 PM
And Cheryl Cole Oops Cashley i thought you knew

Ashley Cole Gets Knocked Back By Playboy ModelHe asks her to move in...
Photo: WENNIt looks as though Ashley Cole has well and truly moved on from Cheryl Cole as he has reportedly "begged" a Playboy model to move in with him after just a handful of dates.

Melissa Howe, who was dating the Chelsea footballer earlier this, was seen with Cole and her twin sister outside their home and now she has revealed that he asked her to move into his former marital home.

Friday night, after just four dates, Ashley asked that Playboy girl if she wants to live with him. In an interview with The People, she said: "When he asked me to move in with him I was taken aback. I told him he'd have to wait a little while and he took it quite well. We haven't even had sex yet. We've done other intimate things, but not everything."

Melissa then continued: "I don't want him to think I'm one of those girls who just jumps into bed. And it's a bit too soon to be moving in, to be honest."

Admitting that the footballer had fallen under her spell, she said: "Ashley is really good looking and has a good body. He seems like a really nice guy too. I think he is pretty *besotted and things could get serious. But I'm only 21 and I'm making him wait."

At his Surrey home there is no evidence that he once shared the home with Cheryl Cole and the footballer allegedly revealed that the Girls Aloud beauty had refused to take him back.

Following a date at a Chinese restaurant, the pair headed back to Ashley's home and spent some time in his Jacuzzi.

"We weren't naked, " she said. "We waited for that until we got upstairs."

Listen love, Ashley once promised to be faithful to Cheryl Cole for the rest of their lives - and look how that turned out - don't get too excited eh...

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 04:10 PM
I don't want him to think I'm one of those girls who just jumps into bed

Heaven forbid. Much better to be one of those girls who washes her knickers in the tabloid press, a bit of class.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 04:11 PM

And profile pic and soon the siggy too.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Wenger: 'We knew that we needed a win'

Dear Arsenal supporter,

I can only praise my team for their performance at Stamford Bridge.

When Chelsea equalised to make it 3-3 I was unhappy but we didn't look disappointed on the pitch and we kept going. We knew that we needed a victory and we kept going to win the game.

Overall I feel that we had a good team performance and showed great spirit. When you go 2-1 down just before half time it's difficult but we came out in the second half with a complete desire to go forward.

In the second half I felt we were much better defensively than in the first half. We gave too many chances away in the first half - it's partly down to the fact that Chelsea have a lot of strength going forward. But we always looked dangerous and I hope the team strengthens its belief with a performance like that.

Robin van Persie's is in excellent form. We attack a lot and we create chances and he takes advantage with his class. The intelligence of his movement around the box and the accuracy of his finishing is exceptional.

Laurent Koscielny was also outstanding. He was the one at the back in the first half who looked strong. In the first half we gave Chelsea too much room at the back and in midfield and in the second half we got much tighter. We remained dangerous going forward but we were less in trouble defensively.

We have now won eight of our last nine games. We got half of the team in on August 31 and we had to qualify for the Champions League so that affected us at the start of the season. We had to rebuild our unity in the way we want to play football but every win is making us stronger.

The players are getting used to the way we play so we are stronger but we have to remain humble, keep focus and work very hard together. There is still some ground to make up in the league and teams in front of us do not drop many points. But the quality we showed on Sunday should make us more confident.

We are more consistent now and we have to keep that going. We face Marseille on Tuesday night and that will be another test where we will have to focus and produce our quality again. That's what is at stake.

Thanks for your support.

Arsène Wenger

:bow: Wenger

Fist of Lehmann
31-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet, we have a long way to go.Nah, ollie's just enjoying the team's moment in the sun.

No need to go throwing dick in everyone's faces.

Coney
31-10-2011, 08:17 PM

Don't go there. Last time I said that I was on the receiving end of a load of shit. :good:

Xhaka Can’t
31-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Don't go there. Last time I said that I was on the receiving end of a load of shit. :good:

A shitnami?

Coney
31-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Suchit

fakeyank
01-11-2011, 04:17 AM

:gp:

Really glad with the wins. I just dread the first loss in this run.. we usually dont take losses very kindly and this goes back to our invincibles team. With a team like Utd, you know that after a defeat, they will dust themselves off and be on the up again while over the years, its always us going on a bad run, then a run of 16-17 games unbeaten and then back down again. With the added experience, I do believe we might do better but lets see where we go from here.

Biggest win this season would be if we beat the money bags from Manchester in the CC.. that could be immense!

gunsofashburtongrove
01-11-2011, 06:16 AM
:gp:

Really glad with the wins. I just dread the first loss in this run.. we usually dont take losses very kindly and this goes back to our invincibles team. With a team like Utd, you know that after a defeat, they will dust themselves off and be on the up again while over the years, its always us going on a bad run, then a run of 16-17 games unbeaten and then back down again. With the added experience, I do believe we might do better but lets see where we go from here.

Biggest win this season would be if we beat the money bags from Manchester in the CC.. that could be immense!

Makes a lot of sense

fakeyank
01-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Makes a lot of sense

Battle of buffet and the aftermath is what I meant..

gunsofashburtongrove
01-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Battle of buffet and the aftermath is what I meant..
I'll give you that, broke our winning streak,ruined our back to back Pl chances, double, and destroyed the career of a certain miss Jose Antonio

Cripps_orig
01-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Thank god for that

Letters
01-11-2011, 09:14 AM
I just dread the first loss in this run.. we usually dont take losses very kindly and this goes back to our invincibles team. With a team like Utd, you know that after a defeat, they will dust themselves off and be on the up again while over the years, its always us going on a bad run

...we lost against Spurs.

fakeyank
01-11-2011, 05:44 PM
WWTL@WHL);61903]...we[/email] lost against Spurs.

We were not on a run then. I am talking about having a good run like this and then the first loss after that.

Letters
01-11-2011, 05:50 PM
We'd won the previous 3 but I basically agree we've got more momentum now so it will be interesting to see how we cope with the first knock.
We're not going to win every game so hopefully the first loss won't completely knock them off their stride.
We'll see.

Niall_Quinn
01-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Biggest problem with a Wenger team and this one in particular is when brought down to earth, the bump is so hard they can't get back up. Time will tell on how far this impzovement can take us.OTE]

Ewery little taste of glory helps"though. None of the other squads faced 0he potential nightmare we were gacing at the start of this season. It looked like we were on the way doun the crapper. Humiliating results, a manager that looked shot po hell, half th% team on stretchers and nobody knowing where the next point wou|d come from. That's a lot different to nosing thirds place or failing to win a cup. At least we know the low poant for the bar now. There was a point where it looked like there was no limit. If we can hit 24 points out of 12 games then you have to say that's pretty good considering. It would represent a very good comeback and you have to have at least a degree of character and spine to achieve that.