PDA

View Full Version : When's the last time you felt like this?

Letters
31-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Haven't felt this :dance: about an Arsenal game for a while.
i think the last time was the 2-1 vs Barca. OK it was only the first leg but the result and performance that night were fantastic. Felt the same on Saturday. Even if we hadn't won I'd have felt OK about the way we battled, to hand their arses to them like that was fanTAStic!

:partice:

Letters
31-10-2011, 01:54 PM

:doh:

:lol:

:patrice: , I mean :d

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Haven't felt this :dance: about an Arsenal game for a while.
i think the last time was the 2-1 vs Barca. OK it was only the first leg but the result and performance that night were fantastic. Felt the same on Saturday. Even if we hadn't won I'd have felt OK about the way we battled, to hand their arses to them like that was fanTAStic!

Beating the Chavs 3-1 awalys get happy when we beat those smug gits

LDG
31-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah, its been a while. Probably Barca, or the Chelsea game at home last year.

Syn
31-10-2011, 02:03 PM
1-3 win at Stoke away in 09/10 season.

Letters
31-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Yeah, its been a while. Probably Barca, or the Chelsea game at home last year.

:puckoff

:sulk:

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 02:16 PM

gunsofashburtongrove
31-10-2011, 02:21 PM
I felt like the good old days are back. Not even the Barca game or the Chelsea game was as good. We kept fighting despite of being behind couple of times , and we won it after they equialised as late as the 81st minute. The GHELing on display was great too -Kos clawing Torres, Theo goal, Sj ^(*& on A.hole and Ramsey refusing to go down in the box

gunsofashburtongrove
31-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Pat Rice is now called fartice. Nice after all these years

Marc Overmars
31-10-2011, 02:24 PM
The Barca game was obviously the last time we were treated to a win in such an explosive manner, so that.

Biggest thing now though is that I'm looking forward to watching us play again. Glad to know we still have a performance like that in our locker.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 02:25 PM
This felt like nearly watching the invicibles fast paced movement was alwsome tbh. The game was an enjoyable one win/loose or draw tbh. but to win it was extra special tbh.

Letters
31-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I felt like the good old days are back. Not even the Barca game or the Chelsea game was as good. We kept fighting despite of being behind couple of times , and we won it after they equialised as late as the 81st minute. The GHELing on display was great too -Kos clawing Torres, Theo goal, Sj ^(*& on A.hole and Ramsey refusing to go down in the box

Yes! We were 1-0 down, then 2-1 down and then when we got our noses in front were pegged back to 3-3 we still went and won it. OK, partly because of a slip but not just that, we kept going and never collapsed like we have in other games when we've been pegged back. Was very pleasing.

And Terry fell on his stupid, bigoted, racist face. :pal:

:cool:

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes! We were 1-0 down, then 2-1 down and then when we got our noses in front were pegged back to 3-3 we still went and won it. OK, partly because of a slip but not just that, we kept going and never collapsed like we have in other games when we've been pegged back. Was very pleasing.

The effort the team showed was immense, can keep saying it they fought and fought and fought till the last whistle. Could have been different it Chesney got sent off. even so we battle on and it was great to see.

like said before this time last season we lost the game with the players we had. it seems we have a bunch who want to play.

The likes of Arshavin and TR 7 look up for the fight. everyone putting a shift in was good to see.

hecks even Santos showed us why we don't miss clichy. he'd have lost us that game big time.

One more thing

Big man :pal:

gunsofashburtongrove
31-10-2011, 02:53 PM

I cant help but feel that it was a deliberate fall rather than slip, he thought Diaby was chasing him.

Syn
31-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I kinda wish people stop saying he slipped. It was clearly a dive because he realised he wasn't getting to the ball.

IBK
31-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Actually, for me this feels better than the Barca win - because of the preceding nightmare and the feeling that we no longer had this kind of thing in us. Although not a trophy, it feels like a kind of antidote to the CC Final debacle...and it looked like it was kind of the same for the players too.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 03:01 PM
The Terry slip was priceless.

Letters
31-10-2011, 03:03 PM
The effort the team showed was immense, can keep saying it they fought and fought and fought till the last whistle. Could have been different it Chesney got sent off. even so we battle on and it was great to see.

:good:

Tbh when it went back to 3-3 I thought "oh well..." and expected us to lose 4-3. Had we done so I wouldn't have been complaining too bitterly though as it would still have been a good game and I couldn't have faulted the effort or performance. It's effort which has been lacking too often in the last 6 months. I can accept a defeat if we go down fighting, it's when they just crumble or give up I get angry.

Xhaka Can’t
31-10-2011, 03:38 PM
When I got the all clear at the clinic after a night with Marc's Mum.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 04:06 PM

LOL, get a second opinion.

Letters
31-10-2011, 04:38 PM
LOL, get a second opinion.

She's also fat.

LDG
31-10-2011, 05:09 PM
She's also fat.

and a cunt...

Ollie the Optimist
31-10-2011, 05:23 PM
isnt it great not only celebrating a win but celebrating a win that big man gave to us? karmas a bitch isnt it?

WMUG
31-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Missed it :(

Cripps_orig
31-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Missed it :(

Im sure daddy can get the players to replay the game again

Letters
31-10-2011, 09:35 PM
:lol:

GP
31-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Boogity boogity boogity Amen!

fakeyank
31-10-2011, 11:40 PM
John Terry :haha:

:pal:

Japan Shaking All Over
01-11-2011, 12:42 AM

When Marc's mum got the all clear after a night with GB

hobson's choice
01-11-2011, 03:51 AM
After the away Win against Milan in 08.

Dog Toffee
01-11-2011, 01:09 PM
The Terry slip was priceless.

Is that crying Terry photo from Saturday?

Olivier's xmas twist
01-11-2011, 01:14 PM

Burn

Niall_Quinn
01-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Is that crying Terry photo from Saturday?

Hope so.

Flavs
01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I have said it a few times but moments in time that stick with you also define you, your approach, your beliefs and your understanding of “reality”

When it comes to football it’s normally a still frame or a snippet of action that lodge in ones cerebral cortex. Think of what comes to mind when you think of these moments in football, or in sport in general?

Gazza crying at the world cup, the hand of god, Stuart Pearce roaring like a lion when his penalty went in at Wembley, Michael Jordan in flight, Babe Ruth pointing, Jesse Owens crossing the line in front of the Nazi’s, Ali taunting Sonny Liston, a shoeless Zola Budd and so on but now we have a new image, a frozen moment in time that will forever burn itself into our memories and our hearts.

The image of England Captain and the EPL’s chief NF spokesman John “big man” Terry lying face down in the dirt of Stamford Bridge while Arsenal Captain, Muslim and second generation dirty Arab Robin “not fucking around anymore” Van Persie sprints away from him to go 3-4 up at the bridge.

What joy that image must bring to all non Chelsea fans, all open minded thinkers and all small shop owners near his mum’s house, never has the hatred of Mrs Terry’s baby boy been so jointly shared by all in the world, even when he was kicked in the face by Arsenal enigma Abou Diaby people weren’t this united in their celebrations against 1 person.

I tell you, I saw the Berlin wall come down, saw Saddam Fall, Gaddafi Fall, Bin Laden die, Pol Pot and Milosevic get their racist, genocidal arseholes handed to them hell I even went to the pictures to see Braveheart and none of that, NONE of it, comes close to the personal joy that I felt at that moment on Saturday.

Boss
01-11-2011, 02:01 PM
When Letters got engaged.

Letters
01-11-2011, 02:50 PM
When I got my white suit.

Interesting.

Coney
01-11-2011, 07:56 PM
I have said it a few times but moments in time that stick with you also define you, your approach, your beliefs and your understanding of “reality”

When it comes to football it’s normally a still frame or a snippet of action that lodge in ones cerebral cortex. Think of what comes to mind when you think of these moments in football, or in sport in general?

Gazza crying at the world cup, the hand of god, Stuart Pearce roaring like a lion when his penalty went in at Wembley, Michael Jordan in flight, Babe Ruth pointing, Jesse Owens crossing the line in front of the Nazi’s, Ali taunting Sonny Liston, a shoeless Zola Budd and so on but now we have a new image, a frozen moment in time that will forever burn itself into our memories and our hearts.

The image of England Captain and the EPL’s chief NF spokesman John “big man” Terry lying face down in the dirt of Stamford Bridge while Arsenal Captain, Muslim and second generation dirty Arab Robin “not fucking around anymore” Van Persie sprints away from him to go 3-4 up at the bridge.

What joy that image must bring to all non Chelsea fans, all open minded thinkers and all small shop owners near his mum’s house, never has the hatred of Mrs Terry’s baby boy been so jointly shared by all in the world, even when he was kicked in the face by Arsenal enigma Abou Diaby people weren’t this united in their celebrations against 1 person.

I tell you, I saw the Berlin wall come down, saw Saddam Fall, Gaddafi Fall, Bin Laden die, Pol Pot and Milosevic get their racist, genocidal arseholes handed to them hell I even went to the pictures to see Braveheart and none of that, NONE of it, comes close to the personal joy that I felt at that moment on Saturday.

:haha: