19-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Good win

Syn
19-11-2011, 02:37 PM
FUCK YOU HOLT!!

FILTHY CUNT!

Letters
19-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Fuck me we made hard work of that. Played well overall, RvP fantastic as always, Walcott excellent, Gervinho looked dangerous at times but he's so shot shy.

We were like a cat playing with a mouse today but never quite killed them off. Job done but the soft underbelly was evident.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 02:39 PM
What did Holt do?

Theo looked great today. Gervinho showing everyone why i dont rate him.

Vermaelen is a beast at the back as well

Marc Overmars
19-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Good 3 points.

Attacked very well, lots of intent and running. Probably should have scored more as well.

Saw out the game very well keeping the ball.

Gervinho. :doh:

Mertesacker. :doh:

RVP. :bow:

On we go.

Niall_Quinn
FUCK YOU HOLT!!

FILTHY CUNT!

When you consider what happened to Eduardo, can we now expect to see the filthy cheat Holt hounded out of the game? Even a mention from the commentators would have been nice, beyond the usual cooking analogies.

Anyway, we made it hard but good win. RvP, TV and Kos very good, the rest okay.

Kano
but the soft underbelly was evident.

apart from the stupid mistake for their goal, we were never in danger. another mature performance to consolidate our improvement

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 02:43 PM
When you consider what happened to Eduardo, can we now expect to see the filthy cheat Holt hounded out of the game? Even a mention from the commentators would have been nice, beyond the usual cooking analogies.

You forgot Theo

Excellent game from him

Letters
Gervinho showing everyone why i dont rate him.

He definitely has ability but needs to get more confident and learn when to shoot. He's got skill.
I quite like him but admit he's not quite had the impact I hoped he would. I think he could get there though.

server too busy!
I dont understand the problem with Gervinho, quality player. Gets himself in space, final ball normally excellent too, he's just a bit unsure when it comes to scoring butthat will come. Every time he takes his man on he beats them, brings so much to this team apart from goals.

Great from RvP, 31 in 29.

Theo looked dangerous, Santos decent. Arteta and Ramsey looked tired. Kosicelney and Verm for CB when our RB are fit, both did well today.

RomfordPele
19-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Good three points, but apart from RVP we lack a clinical edge.

Great to see Sky's forthright condemnation of Holt's dive. *rolls eyes

Letters
19-11-2011, 02:45 PM
apart from the stupid mistake for their goal, we were never in danger. another mature performance to consolidate our improvement

At 2-1 it's never safe though. We had plenty of chances and possession, we just needed to kill them off.
We were never seriously under threat but there was that free kick Chesney saved well and the other one at the end I was fearfull would cost us.
Job done but we should have killed it.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Great stuff. I've obviously been been scarred in to thinking a 2-2 was inevitable.

RVP. :bow:

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 02:46 PM
He definitely has ability but needs to get more confident and learn when to shoot. He's got skill.
I quite like him but admit he's not quite had the impact I hoped he would. I think he could get there though.

Il admit, maybe i have been a bit too harsh on him. More so than i would have been in previous years but after the shocker of a summer we had which followed the end of a piss poor end of last season, Gervinho was our big summer signing and he needed to hit the ground running asap to lift the fans if anything. Instead he gets sent off on his debut and hes been average at best since.

Marc Overmars
Gervinho is just a bit mental. He's hard to defend against but his composure is not all that.

At least he's threatening though.

Syn

I was almost surprised a pen wasn't given. Fair play to the ref.

Actually, I think Van Persie will be disappointed not to have got the hat-trick. Missed some simple chances in the first half which made our life more difficult. TV, Kos - and I think, in particular - Santos were brilliant. Midfield was ok but all 3 stepped up well in the second half.

Disappointed with Gervinho for letting his head drop and going on to fuck up many times after the first fuck up. He needs to be stronger than that.

Niall_Quinn
You forgot Theo

Excellent game from him

Made the usual basic mistakes and was very wasteful, couldn't exploit the huge space allowed to him to any effect apart from getting one decent cross in. Hit a post, otherwise lame in around the goal. So no, far from excellent. Just okay. A mixed bag.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-11-2011, 02:47 PM
What did Holt do?

Theo looked great today. Gervinho showing everyone why i dont rate him.

Vermaelen is a beast at the back as well

Gervinho showing how your rating of players is not rated. . .

I admit he missed chances that should have sealed the game for us but the guy gives us the kind of pace and direct running we have not had for ages. . .and it seems that some of that is starting to rub off on Theo.
Another thing Gerv is making up for his misses with assists. . .so please dont start on another one of your baseless witch hunts

Syn
19-11-2011, 02:47 PM
I dont understand the problem with Gervinho, quality player. Gets himself in space, final ball normally excellent too, he's just a bit unsure when it comes to scoring butthat will come. Every time he takes his man on he beats them, brings so much to this team apart from goals.

He has been a very good player. No doubt it wasn't his day at all today though.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Made the usual basic mistakes and was very wasteful, couldn't exploit the huge space allowed to him to any effect apart from getting one decent cross in. Hit a post, otherwise lame in around the goal. So no, far from excellent. Just okay. A mixed bag.

Winterburn was right by the looks of it

Anyway more importantly, ive found out who the pundit is.

Paul Mcveigh........Who?

Joker
19-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Santos may attack well, but defensively his positioning is all over the place. Moreover, he has a tendency to concede stupid fouls, as we saw in the last minute of this game. Arteta again fails to stamp his authority on the game. He doesn't offer much defensively, and offensively he's not really linking up with our forward players at all. These two will be liabilities for us against better teams.

Kano
At 2-1 it's never safe though. We had plenty of chances and possession, we just needed to kill them off.
We were never seriously under threat but there was that free kick Chesney saved well and the other one at the end I was fearfull would cost us.
Job done but we should have killed it.
i agree ideally we should've killed it and in isolation i would be more concerned but in the context of our run it's fine. games won't always be killed particularly when the team is playing about 70/80% like today. as long as we continue to do the right things and close out games then we'll have a decent season.

Niall_Quinn
TV and RvP in the after match interview. If those two stay fit, along with Ches and Song, we have a chance of the top 4. Didn't look that way at the start of the season, so credit to the guys for pulling it together. 5 wins from 5 matches speaks for itself and RvP 31 goals in 28 games. In some ways I'm glad the sour cunts whop only think Barca and Marketing are worth an award or even a nomination. We want to keep him here so the less attention the better.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Arteta was very poor today.

Ramsey had a poor first half but he and Song grew better in the 2nd half.

Arteta was poor throughout. Time for Rosicky?

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Winterburn was right by the looks of it

Anyway more importantly, ive found out who the pundit is.

Paul Mcveigh........Who?

The guy who blew up the FBI offices?

Japan Shaking All Over
19-11-2011, 02:52 PM

Great from RvP, 31 in 29.

Theo looked dangerous, Santos decent. Arteta and Ramsey looked tired. Kosicelney and Verm for CB when our RB are fit, both did well today.

Good post. . .those blasting Gerv :wum:

Master Splinter
19-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Arsenal :bow:.

Good performances from RVP, Theo, Vermaelen and Koscielny. Even Santos looked pretty composed and he got in some good tackles too.

Though we're always on the verge of self-destruction at any point in any game, Szczesny didn't actually have much to do outside of catching some glorified back-passes.

Arteta and Ramsey need to improve if we're to get a good result against Dortmund.

Gervinho is better than Pires and Ronaldo.

Until he gets a sight of goal and transforms into Emile Chamakh.

If he sorts his finishing out, he will be seriously brilliant. At the moment though, he is still a huge threat and most importantly, creates space for the other forwards with his movement and creating havoc with his mazy - and mostly effective - runs.

Joker
19-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Arteta was very poor today.

Ramsey had a poor first half but he and Song grew better in the 2nd half.

Arteta was poor throughout. Time for Rosicky?

I don't rate Rosicky but I think we've got to consider it tbh. I just don't see what Arteta is contributing to our cause.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Rosicky as he showed for the Czechs in the play offs during the internationals has still got it.

Arteta has never really had it imo. Didnt rate him at Everton when he was at his best and hes nowhere near that level for us.

He'll do for the short term but when Sir Jack is back, Arteta will hopefully stay on the bench

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Gervinho showing how your rating of players is not rated. . .

I admit he missed chances that should have sealed the game for us but the guy gives us the kind of pace and direct running we have not had for ages. . .and it seems that some of that is starting to rub off on Theo.
Another thing Gerv is making up for his misses with assists. . .so please dont start on another one of your baseless witch hunts

Hes a headless chicken. Has no end product. Basically Diaby with a forehead

Time for Arshavin

Power n Glory
19-11-2011, 02:59 PM

Theo wasn't issue today and shouldn't even be mentioned as a negative. I'm more concerned about Arteta looking like a passenger again and being unable to find our front three with a decent pass. Once again the assists came from Theo and Song of all people. Attack wise, that's where we had a real problem. Norwich had far too much possession and chances because we looked disjointed in the middle. Theo gets far too much attention on here. Did you see the amount of basic passes Ramsey and Arteta messed up?

But, it was a good game and most I the players player well.

Master Splinter
19-11-2011, 02:59 PM
He doesn't offer much defensively

This is wrong. He might have been poor today, but he has actually been defending well. Which Denilson used to do as well.

He puts in a good effort for the team, even if his forward play has been mostly lacking. He also has many GHELlish traits picked up while in Scotland/England which are and will prove useful.

Marc Overmars
19-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Arteta is just a GHEL.

He does his job.

LDG
Kos and TV excellent at the back. Merts scared the shit out of me.

Walcott looks a diferent player. Didn't quite get it right, but the shyness has gone a bit. Much more determines.

RVP awesome.

Midfield was shocking today though. Arteta, ramsey and song looked slow, wasteful and weak.

Should have stuffed that lot 5 easily. But i'll take three points.

Norwich are guff though. Relegation beckons.

Marc Overmars
Also, 5 wins in a row. :bow:

Not done that since the back end of 09/10.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Good win tbh.

LDG
Arteta is just a GHEL.

He does his job.

Agree. But he was poor today.

Cripps_orig
Theo wasn't issue today and shouldn't even be mentioned as a negative. I'm more concerned about Arteta looking like a passenger again and being unable to find our front three with a decent pass. Once again the assists came from Theo and Song of all people. Attack wise, that's where we had a real problem. Norwich had far too much possession and chances because we looked disjointed in the middle. Theo gets far too much attention on here. Did you see the amount of basic passes Ramsey and Arteta messed up?

But, it was a good game and most I the players player well.

You do realise NQ is just WUMming with the Theo bashing?

Power n Glory
Hes a headless chicken. Has no end product. Basically Diaby with a forehead

Time for Arshavin

Screwed up a load of chances but he does create a load of chances also you never have to worry about him losing the ball in a silly position. He's a threat at least.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Wenger didnt deny saying what is reported he has said in L'Equipe :popcorn:

LDG

:haha:

You just get worse :lol:

Özim
Didn't see the match but good win thanks to RVP again, scary to think where we would be without this guy.

Syn
19-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Arteta is just a GHEL.

He does his job.

Here's somebody who knows the score.

Arteta was fine. We're not looking for a 'star man' in midfield that everyone has to pass to. Arteta, Ramsey and Song are all putting in an equal shift attacking and defending and they're doing it well. Ramsey's great interception -- Song's pass -- Van Persie's finish. At the end, Song fucks up on the ball, Arteta quickly in to clean up and keep possession. Everyone's doing their bit in an unspectacular fashion and that's the way it should be. It's a well balanced side and the proof is that we're getting results. This replacing Arteta talk is crazy; we've got a winning formula.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 03:05 PM

You just get worse :lol::unsure:

LDG
19-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Didn't see the match but good win thanks to RVP again, scary to think where we would be without this guy.

Or where we would have been without any of the top quality players we've had over the years.

I don't care. We have got him.

Rather him than cesc and nasri tbh.

Need to sign a striker in Jan tho.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Arteta did not play well today, but he did against Chelsea and WBA, the days that players had good guys week in and week out died when Sir Stanley Matthews hung uo his boots!

This is going to happen, its a fact of life, we all go through it, would prefer for Wenger to do something about it tho!

Letters
19-11-2011, 03:25 PM

As are you with your praise of him even when he has a poor game.

He was good today, he hasn't always been this season but he has started to show more promise (I think he has other seasons but injury has often hampered him).

I'm still not sure if he's a footballer or a sprinter but he can be effective and he was today, his work to set up the first goal was fantastic and it wasn't the only time he put good balls in today.

Letters
19-11-2011, 03:26 PM

So what you're saying is...

Wenger :bow: for signing RvP? Right?

I agree

:cheers:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I thought towards the end of the game Arteta was helpful in stopping us from getting bogged down, which is usually the case with us away from home with a single goal lead.

Özim
19-11-2011, 03:43 PM
So what you're saying is...

Wenger :bow: for signing RvP? Right?

I agree

:cheers:
Wenger's ability to sign quality attacking players could never be questioned, it's the rest of the stuff he does that can.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 03:46 PM
on the three points…
We should have got there at the start because we missed some early chances. In the first 20 minutes we had at least three clear-cut opportunities and on top of that we were 1-0 down. That made the game difficult against a very dynamic Norwich side.

But backs against the wall we did very well again today, like we did at Chelsea. In the second half, once we got to 2-1 we controlled the game well and were never really in trouble. Overall it is a very positive win today. The team is growing from game to game, getting stronger and you feel there is some mental strength inside there.

on the importance of Robin van Persie…
Van Persie is 28, Fabregas and Nasri left at 24. My dream is that Van Persie stays until the end of his career at this Club. I will do the maximum I can to try to convince him and I hope I will manage to do that.

on Robin's credentials as one of the world's best…
He has some competitors there but he is one of the best of course. It is always difficult to say he is the only one. He is exceptional and he has something that you cannot give to people. Today he finished with a chip on his right foot - and I have never seen a bigger left-footed player than Robin van Persie. He always makes the right decisions in a fraction of a second when there is little time available. That makes him exceptional.

on the Norwich goal…
I must say I was upset with the referee at the time but I will have to check that on the television. I thought that Morison brought him down with his left hand.

But I told Per that when you are in England facing goal, maybe in many countries you are safe but not here. That's what he has learned today.

on quitting…
No [I wouldn't think about quitting]. If you read [the interview in L'Equipe] you will see I said that I have two years on my contract. It was after a conversation with a journalist and he said, 'there is no way that you will ever leave is there?'. I said the only way I would consider it at the end of the season is if I didn't deliver what is expected from me. Then of course if you say you love the Club and you are below what people are expecting from you, that is the only way I will consider it.

For the rest of the time I am personally completely committed to the Club and will respect my contract until the end. At the start of the season when I made this interview there were of course many people questioning what I do. I was determined. The interview was two or three weeks ago. But I maintain that I am committed to this Club and will respect my contract until the last day - unless I feel that I am not good enough.

on expectations…
I have to honestly rate the quality of my work at the end of the season and think whether or not I took the maximum out of the team. You want me to say now that if we do not get into the top four I will quit. Over 15 years I have had many questions to analyse the situation in the most honest and objective way.

I don't question my commitment to my contract and I think I have shown that in the past. I will do that in the future too. This is the club of my life and will remain so unless I feel I do not do well enough. I don't think that is something surprising.

I can return this question to you - what do you expect of me? We want to play football that makes Arsenal proud and that gives enjoyment to people who come and watch us.

on his frame of mind for that interview…
No [it was no different to now]. Even when I gave an interview to a foreign newspaper after we lost 8-2, I was even more determined to put things right. It was nothing in my mind especially, just the fact that the journalist asked me if I would ever leave the Club. I said the only way I could do it if I feel I am a pain for the Club.

Wenger after the match

Kano
19-11-2011, 03:47 PM

Arteta was fine. We're not looking for a 'star man' in midfield that everyone has to pass to. Arteta, Ramsey and Song are all putting in an equal shift attacking and defending and they're doing it well. Ramsey's great interception -- Song's pass -- Van Persie's finish. At the end, Song fucks up on the ball, Arteta quickly in to clean up and keep possession. Everyone's doing their bit in an unspectacular fashion and that's the way it should be. It's a well balanced side and the proof is that we're getting results. This replacing Arteta talk is crazy; we've got a winning formula.

agree with all of that and with ramsey being so young and playing so regularly at the moment, he will have his average games, like today. cesc senior cant hold the blame for being compared to junior every game but he is a different player, with a solid game built from years under moyes. the front three are working well, the midfield is solid and defence more controlled for now and it'll keep us in the hunt for the 3/4.

Syn
19-11-2011, 03:50 PM
on quitting…
No [I wouldn't think about quitting]. If you read [the interview in L'Equipe] you will see I said that I have two years on my contract. It was after a conversation with a journalist and he said, 'there is no way that you will ever leave is there?'. I said the only way I would consider it at the end of the season is if I didn't deliver what is expected from me. Then of course if you say you love the Club and you are below what people are expecting from you, that is the only way I will consider it.

For the rest of the time I am personally completely committed to the Club and will respect my contract until the end. At the start of the season when I made this interview there were of course many people questioning what I do. I was determined. The interview was two or three weeks ago. But I maintain that I am committed to this Club and will respect my contract until the last day - unless I feel that I am not good enough.

on expectations…
I have to honestly rate the quality of my work at the end of the season and think whether or not I took the maximum out of the team. You want me to say now that if we do not get into the top four I will quit. Over 15 years I have had many questions to analyse the situation in the most honest and objective way.

I don't question my commitment to my contract and I think I have shown that in the past. I will do that in the future too. This is the club of my life and will remain so unless I feel I do not do well enough. I don't think that is something surprising.

I can return this question to you - what do you expect of me? We want to play football that makes Arsenal proud and that gives enjoyment to people who come and watch us.

on his frame of mind for that interview…

No [it was no different to now]. Even when I gave an interview to a foreign newspaper after we lost 8-2, I was even more determined to put things right. It was nothing in my mind especially, just the fact that the journalist asked me if I would ever leave the Club. I said the only way I could do it if I feel I am a pain for the Club.

Don't really know what to make of that. Keeping aside opinions on whether Wenger should've been sacked in the summer or not (I think most of us here think so), there is no doubt that you can clearly see Wenger was suffering and not really enjoying his role on the sidelines. I think he has been very hurt by the criticism - which he acknowledges almost every time he talks about the subject. There's no point playing the violin; he has deserved most of that criticism. I think he has made up his mind to leave at the end of the season but he won't say so - it'd makeno sense announcing it now. It'll be a sudden departure IMO.

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 03:54 PM
apart from gervinhos crap finishing he is great for us, always threatening, how many times does he get past his man and put good balls into the box? his run to set up the first goal was brillaint. great turn and pace to then find rvp.

great perfromance from everyone today, stood up tall and held out. 3 points is 3 points thats all i care about, now level with scum and chavs on points.

genuinely shocked that dowd didnt give the pen to norwich, after is performance against newcastle but it was a disgusting dive. funny how sky etc are so quiet about it yet when eduardo dived they went fucking mental

Kano
19-11-2011, 03:54 PM
he's a great politician, you have to say. saying he 'respects' his contract, is an astute middle ground.

Master Splinter
19-11-2011, 03:55 PM
apart from gervinhos crap finishing he is great for us, always threatening, how many times does he get past his man and put good balls into the box? his run to set up the first goal was brillaint. great turn and pace to then find rvp.

That was Theo, not Gervinho.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 03:57 PM

Ollie :haha:

Oh dear

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 03:57 PM

no it wasnt, theo gave the final pass but gervinho picked it up on halfway line beat two men, passed it RVP who then passed it theo. unless im thinking of another moment but pretty sure he started it

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Ollie :haha:

Oh dear

did you watch the game? did you see gerv beat two men to find rvp who then found walcott. without gervs run there would have been no goal

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 04:01 PM
did you watch the game? did you see gerv beat two men to find rvp who then found walcott. without gervs run there would have been no goal

Im not the one who got Gervinho and Theo confused

Tbf, they all look the same

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 04:06 PM

fuck me, i havnt got them confused. watch the build up to the goal and you will see what i am talking about. with gervinho beating the two men and passing to rvp there would be no goal

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2011, 04:07 PM

Oh deary me, I think you have some handshaking to take care of.

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2011, 04:08 PM
fuck me, i havnt got them confused. watch the build up to the goal and you will see what i am talking about. with gervinho beating the two men and passing to rvp there would be no goal

Gervinho didn't even start today, you muppet!

Syn
19-11-2011, 04:08 PM

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 04:09 PM
http://arsenallatest.com/video/252-arsenal-highlights.html ach watch this, you wont see his whole run the build up play for our first goal coems from gervinho

Power n Glory
19-11-2011, 04:10 PM

I don't think it's there yet. With Arteta, it's not as if he's performance is being undervalued or going unnoticed, he just hardly touches the ball and when he does, he's making a lot of mistakes. Out of the three, Song is the one player that actually looks comfortable receiving the ball in a deep position and playing the simple pass when he has opposing players pressuring him. Ramsey and Arteta panic in such situations and play can often play a blind pass/panicked pass which can often lead to a counter attack.

All three are suspect when it comes to their positioning on the field. Way too many gaps and too open. It needs to tighten up and Arteta needs to get involved more. At times where Norwich were attacking and we were trying to get a foothold in the game, I'm sure Santos and Verm made better runs and passes compared to Arteta. He just wasn't making himself available for a pass. The International break may have messed with our rhythm. The front three were solid but the middle three had no cohesion.

Power n Glory
19-11-2011, 04:16 PM
http://arsenallatest.com/video/252-arsenal-highlights.html ach watch this, you wont see his whole run the build up play for our first goal coems from gervinho

You're right. Gervinho was a threat today, just needs to work on his final ball and finishing. He's a good dribbler and we've need a player like him on the flanks for a very long time. He's damn frustrating though. Adebayor on the wing.

Master Splinter
19-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Adebayor on the wing.

:gp:

That's exactly what he is.

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 06:31 PM
After 12 games last season Arsenal had 23 pts. After 12 games this season we have 22 + scored 1 more goal than last but let in 11 more

fakeyank
19-11-2011, 08:45 PM
If we keep winning like this, it looks like im going to end up going to an Arsenal match after all

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2011, 09:05 PM
If we keep winning like this, it looks like im going to end up going to an Arsenal match after all

i speak for us all here when i say. fuck off :)

Master Splinter
19-11-2011, 09:11 PM
i speak for us all here when i say. fuck off :)

Great post.

Cripps_orig
19-11-2011, 10:13 PM

Welcome back

I was due to go to the Fulham game next week cos my brothers in Japan but im working then

Work :bow:

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2011, 10:56 PM
That's two horrible matches down and one to go before the lads are on MOTD. And the Utd game should be quick because it will be impossible to find highlights from that game because nothing happened in it. Lineker slept rough again last night, by the look of it. Wonder will they absolutely slate that twat Holt for some of the worst cheating ever seen on a footie pitch?

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2011, 10:57 PM
God, they've decided to do the Munich air crash again. GET ON WITH IT! Where's our match?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-11-2011, 12:31 AM
that wasn't an easy game. people were saying 'it's only norwich, easy 3 points' but far from it.

thats one reason i hate lunchtime and late kick off's, with the crowd behind them they turn into a different team. they really lift themselves and you can see it.

anyway mertesacker really needs to get a grip of this league, he was dodgy against chelsea and now against norwich he struggled. how is he going to cope against city or utd? or even against big teams in europe? wish we just paid £12m for cahill instead of pissing around with johnny foreigner who's going to take 6 months to settle in.

gervinho looks good, totally different to what we have which is much appreciated. still needs to learn to square the ball at times instead of shooting, but that can improve as his understanding of the english game continues.

walcott looks a different player. he looks like he's bulked up a bit and decided to add a bit of strength to his game. absolutely brilliant.

arteta looks solid. so does benayoun. feels so good knowing players like benayoun's coming on in the 70th minute as you know he won't give the ball away or panic when we're under pressure, unlike some of the shite we've had in the past 3 years.

finally got a bit of competition in the squad and it's showing. can't believe it's taken a man with the stature of wenger 3 fucking years to get a decent squad together. this should have been our approach all along and we've all been saying it; youth AND experience blended together. if only he'd have opened his eyes a bit sooner.

Alpha
20-11-2011, 09:36 AM
that wasn't an easy game. people were saying 'it's only norwich, easy 3 points' but far from it.

thats one reason i hate lunchtime and late kick off's, with the crowd behind them they turn into a different team. they really lift themselves and you can see it.

anyway mertesacker really needs to get a grip of this league, he was dodgy against chelsea and now against norwich he struggled. how is he going to cope against city or utd? or even against big teams in europe? wish we just paid £12m for cahill instead of pissing around with johnny foreigner who's going to take 6 months to settle in.

gervinho looks good, totally different to what we have which is much appreciated. still needs to learn to square the ball at times instead of shooting, but that can improve as his understanding of the english game continues.

walcott looks a different player. he looks like he's bulked up a bit and decided to add a bit of strength to his game. absolutely brilliant.

arteta looks solid. so does benayoun. feels so good knowing players like benayoun's coming on in the 70th minute as you know he won't give the ball away or panic when we're under pressure, unlike some of the shite we've had in the past 3 years.

finally got a bit of competition in the squad and it's showing. can't believe it's taken a man with the stature of wenger 3 fucking years to get a decent squad together. this should have been our approach all along and we've all been saying it; youth AND experience blended together. if only he'd have opened his eyes a bit sooner.

Good post but I disagree with the Metersacker bit . He is a top defender getting used to the English game . He was at fault for the Norwich goal but that was down to referee judgement . In other part of Europe that should have been a foul . Even in England , ironically , should a defender have done that to a striker it could have been a penalty and a yellow card to the defender ( imagine here if Metersacker was a striker going to score and Morrison a defender )

Power n Glory
20-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah, with Merts, I think he's surprised by the physicality of the league more than anything else. He's been a good buy. Has helped steady a very rocky defence and we shouldn't forget that.

Flavs
21-11-2011, 09:06 AM
I thought we played really well in this, aside from the “sun in the eyes” goal they scored I can’t remember shihcujhbuihjb doing too much in goal?

We did go a bit..well, erm “arsenal” at times however, in the first half Norwich couldn’t cope with the running and attacking of Walcott and Megamind so we stopped doing that for a while, obviously we were expecting them to punt the ball up into the sun each time they got it and have Morrison try and knock the CB’s out the way, when they didn’t do this we kindly compensated by squirting invisible ink into the big Germans eyes to gift them their goal, the look on wt72sbbxz face when it went in said it all really.
I thought Walcott and Megamind were excellent running with the ball, the Ivorian needs to work on finishing and looking up as I genuinely though Ramsey was going to clown his punk ass at one point, another two goals for the Perse and Koscielny looked solid at right back, the midfield 3 did well and a game without an Alex Song booking, which is a rarity. Norwich were ok but they need to have a better last ditch plan than sending on the ever widening Grant Holt to fall over and look, well, fat.
This puts us on level points with 3rd place :blink: if it weren’t for Manyoo’s irritating ability to keep winning 1-0 we would be right up with them, funny how things work out.

Spurs play tonight against Villa to use one of their games in hand and I understand that Arry will soon be fit enough to got o court and find out how many years in prison he has gotten away with this time…

Flavs
21-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Also, strange as it sounds I think Theo was better fro not having our right back near him, the lack of passing options seemed to spur him onto to take on his man and afforded him the space to run around him, although Tierney being a shitty baldy twat might also have been a factor

Japan Shaking All Over
21-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Welcome back

I was due to go to the Fulham game next week cos my brothers in Japan but im working then

Work :bow:

Japan huh?

Syn
21-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Also, strange as it sounds I think Theo was better fro not having our right back near him, the lack of passing options seemed to spur him onto to take on his man and afforded him the space to run around him, although Tierney being a shitty baldy twat might also have been a factor That's spot on - he plays better when the RB doesn't overlap him. When jenkinson or sagna go on the outside, the midfielder tracking them helps to double up on Walcott. When Theo is one on one, he has a better chance.Still not convinced he can skin any good defenders but even without the ability to beat players it allows him a free run to the touchline.

selassie
21-11-2011, 11:13 AM
I thought we played quite well on Saturday, offensively we were very good aside from missing a whole load of chances.

I'm starting to really warm to the RVP/Theo/Gervinho partnership.

Defence is still a bit of a worry, what was up with Per first half, he was all over the place.

Things are definitely looking up, the team looks different to what we say a few months ago and confidence is high. :)

Power n Glory
21-11-2011, 12:13 PM
That's spot on - he plays better when the RB doesn't overlap him. When jenkinson or sagna go on the outside, the midfielder tracking them helps to double up on Walcott. When Theo is one on one, he has a better chance.Still not convinced he can skin any good defenders but even without the ability to beat players it allows him a free run to the touchline.

Theo is hit and miss with his dribbling. One week he’s ripping up the flanks like what we saw on Saturday or against Cole when playing Chelsea and the next he’s just totally off.

He needs to watch how Gervinho dribbles and model his game on that and I hope Henry shows him the art of switching up your pace while he’s here. He just needs to compose himself on the ball more and get the defender to commit themselves before trying to switch direction and turning on the afterburners. In most cases, he telegraphs his movement and defenders are able to guess where he’s going and they nick the ball off him. If he slows them down a bit and gets them backing off and then makes a sudden burst, he’d beat his man more often. Henry was king when it came to that. Hopefully, he throws a few tips Theo’s way.

Coney
21-11-2011, 12:29 PM
That's spot on - he plays better when the RB doesn't overlap him. When jenkinson or sagna go on the outside, the midfielder tracking them helps to double up on Walcott. When Theo is one on one, he has a better chance.Still not convinced he can skin any good defenders but even without the ability to beat players it allows him a free run to the touchline.

He doesn't have to - if he makes them drop him to get free kicks 25 yards out, RvP will do the rest. :good:

Flavs
21-11-2011, 12:30 PM
He doesn't have to - if he makes them drop him to get free kicks 25 yards out, RvP will do the rest. :good:

1 free kick goal in 3 years RvP :rose:

LDG
21-11-2011, 12:38 PM

Sell him. He's shit.

Coney
21-11-2011, 12:39 PM

Sell him - he's shit.

Coney
21-11-2011, 12:39 PM
:lol: Snap

Xhaka Can’t
21-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Sell him - he's shit.

Coney. :pal:

The Buzz Aldrin of GW.

LDG
21-11-2011, 12:41 PM
:lol: Snap

You can't call "snap" when you've obviously just copied my joke :angry:

Flavs
21-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Coney. :pal:

The Buzz Aldrin of GW.

Coney pretended to go to the moon as well??

Xhaka Can’t
21-11-2011, 12:50 PM
By the sound of him, he still thinks he is there.

Looking at Earth while it's upside down.

IBK
21-11-2011, 12:50 PM
:lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 12:55 PM

Two this year. RVP. :bow:

Coney
21-11-2011, 01:21 PM
By the sound of him, he still thinks he is there.

Looking at Earth while it's upside down.

http://cosmic-web.co.uk/2009/04/tuesday-picture-earthrise/

So fuck off.

Coney
21-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Coney pretended to moon as well??

http://209.85.48.11/3304/191/emo/moon2.gif

Letters
21-11-2011, 01:52 PM

So fuck off.

That's nice. Here's one of my holiday snaps

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Two this year. RVP. :bow:One was v Sunderland.

Whats the other one? :unsure:

Marc Overmars
21-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Deflected one vs Brum in January.

IBK
21-11-2011, 02:05 PM

So fuck off.

http://cosmic-web.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/nasa-apollo8-dec24-earthrise1.jpg

I 'kin love this pic - look at it for long enough and it kind of gives you vertigo seeing earth just suspended in the void. Even though the bodies involved are massive - I've always stuggled with how gravity is so weak a force yet so effective over such immense distances!

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Deflected one vs Brum in January.Ah i remember that.

A piss poor free kick which Taylor would have easily picked up, deflected and it goes in. It counts as a goal which is the most important thing but shouldnt be counted when we talk about RVPs free kick goals

Letters
21-11-2011, 02:15 PM
[IMG]I've always stuggled with how gravity is so weak a force yet so effective over such immense distances!

It's 'cos as small as G the gravitational constant) is, things like planets and stars are 'king massive, to use the correct terminology.

If you want a demo of how weak gravity is, pick up a small rock, or anything really. When you do that you're overcoming the gravity of an entire planet pulling the rock down.

Syn
21-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Theo is hit and miss with his dribbling. One week he’s ripping up the flanks like what we saw on Saturday or against Cole when playing Chelsea and the next he’s just totally off.

He needs to watch how Gervinho dribbles and model his game on that and I hope Henry shows him the art of switching up your pace while he’s here. He just needs to compose himself on the ball more and get the defender to commit themselves before trying to switch direction and turning on the afterburners. In most cases, he telegraphs his movement and defenders are able to guess where he’s going and they nick the ball off him. If he slows them down a bit and gets them backing off and then makes a sudden burst, he’d beat his man more often. Henry was king when it came to that. Hopefully, he throws a few tips Theo’s way.

Completely agree. At the moment he's losing the cat and mouse games with defenders. They're able to back off, and it's Walcott who is forcing himself to accelerate at them. And you always hear the shit pundits go on about how "Theo should be running at defenders"...well, no, he shouldn't be running at defenders. He should be edging up to them as long as the keep backing off and then as soon as they go in, just pelt it down the line and chase it. Apart from taking on defenders, he is getting more involved and putting in a decent ball. The goals will come - he took his chance very well against Norwich but had it cleared off the line.

Coney
21-11-2011, 02:20 PM
I 'kin love this pic - look at it for long enough and it kind of gives you vertigo seeing earth just suspended in the void. Even though the bodies involved are massive - I've always stuggled with how gravity is so weak a force yet so effective over such immense distances!

It's 'cos as small as G the gravitational constant) is, things like planets and stars are 'king massive, to use the correct terminology.

If you want a demo of how weak gravity is, pick up a small rock, or anything really. When you do that you're overcoming the gravity of an entire planet pulling the rock down.
@Ice Berg Kamping...
If you want a demo of how weak Letters is, see how high he can hold his head above the ground against the force of gravity.

BOBN
21-11-2011, 02:22 PM
rubbish.

That leftbck will be having nightmares for weeks

IBK
21-11-2011, 02:53 PM

Aye, the planets may be absolutely massive, but the interplanetary distances are more massive.

Check this.

Sun-bowling ball, diameter 8.00 inches
Mercury-a pinhead, diameter 0.03 inch
Venus-a peppercorn, diameter 0.08 inch
Earth-a second peppercorn
Mars-a second pinhead
Jupiter-a chestnut or a pecan, diameter 0.90 inch
Saturn-a hazelnut or an acorn, diameter 0.70 inch
Uranus-a peanut or coffeebean, diameter 0.30 inch
Neptune-a second peanut or coffeebean
Pluto- a third pinhead

Put the Sun ball down, and march away as follows. (After the first few planets, you will want to appoint someone else to do the actual pacing-call this person the "Spacecraft" or "Pacecraft"-so that you are free to talk.)

10 paces. Call out "Mercury, where are you?" and have the Mercury-bearer put down his card and pinhead, weighting them with a pebble if necessary.

Another 9 paces. Venus puts down her peppercorn.
Another 7 paces. Earth
Already the thing seems beyond belief. Mercury is supposed to be so close to the Sun that it is merely a scorched rock, and we never see it except in the Sun's glare at dawn or dusk-yet here it is, utterly lost in space! As for the Earth, who can believe that the Sun could warm us if we are that far from it?

The correctness of the scale can be proved to skeptics (of a certain maturity) on the spot. The apparent size of the Sun ball, 26 paces away, is now the same as that of the real Sun-half a degree or arc, or half the width of your little finger held at arm's length. (If both the size of an object and its distance have been scaled down by the same factor, then the angle it subtends must remain the same.)

Another 14 paces. Mars
Now come the gasps, at the first substantially larger leap:

Another 95 paces to Jupiter
Here is the "giant planet"-but it is a chestnut, more than a city block from its nearest neighbor in space!

From now on, amazement itself cannot keep pace, as the intervals grow extravagantly:

Another 112 paces. Saturn
Another 249 paces. Uranus
Another 281 paces. Neptune
Another 242 paces. Pluto
You have marched more than half a mile! (The distance in the model adds up to 1,019 paces. A mile is 1,760 yards.)

To do this, to look back toward the Sun ball, which is no longer visible even with binoculars, and to look down at the pinhead Pluto, is to feel the terrifying wonder of space.

Syn
21-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Uranus.

:lol:

Letters
21-11-2011, 03:24 PM
They should change the name of that planet to stop that childish joke <_<
To something like urface.

:futurama:, sort of.

Coney
21-11-2011, 04:06 PM
They should change the name of that planet to stop that childish joke <_<
To something like urface.

:futurama:, sort of.

There's nothing funny about saying "Jupiter Saturn Uranus - it must have hurt".

LDG
21-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Space.

Load of boring old splaff.

RVP :bow:

GP
21-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Space.

Load of boring old splaff.

RVP :bow:

There is literally fuck all interesting about space.

Marc Overmars
21-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Sick fucks.

Show some respect.

Astronomy. :bow:

Coney
21-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Sick fucks.

Show some respect.

Astronomy. :bow:

And it's not even the final frontier.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 05:10 PM

There is literally fuck all interesting about space.

We might get to find out where Spearing came from in the future.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Im all for space etc but in the right threads

GP
21-11-2011, 05:46 PM
We might get to find out where Spearing came from in the future.

Oh.

Yeah good point.

Ollie the Optimist
21-11-2011, 05:59 PM
well norwich was the last game we will win for a while. mike dean is reffing our game on sat. he will fuck us over. he always does.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 06:00 PM
well norwich was the last game we will win for a while. mike dean is reffing our game on sat. he will fuck us over. he always does.More worried about Wenger than Dean tbh

Hes a bigger threat. Also whats Dean done to us previously?

Ollie the Optimist
21-11-2011, 06:08 PM
More worried about Wenger than Dean tbh

Hes a bigger threat. Also whats Dean done to us previously?

well in his last game, it was missing a blatent handball by van der vaart which he scored from. we havnt won with him refing a game for the last ten games now. two at WHL, two at OT, two are ours and two and SB and cant think other two

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Fair enough. Should take it easy on refs though....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15822130.stm

Japan Shaking All Over
22-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Fair enough. Should take it easy on refs though....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15822130.stm

Yeah but check out the power of Dean. . . .his name pops up and all talk of Uranus is dropped

and a fairly significant subject to drop man!