PDA

View Full Version : Arsene to stay...Forever!!

Flavs
21-11-2011, 12:09 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15804105.stm

F (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15804105.stm)akeyank :pal:

Xhaka Can’t
21-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Arsene Wenger.

Fucking with Zim's head since 1996.

Marc Overmars
21-11-2011, 12:43 PM
He was never going to leave before his contact was up.

The current one finishes in 2014 doesn't it? That's when I think he will bow out.

LDG
21-11-2011, 12:50 PM

The current one finishes in 2014 doesn't it? That's when I think he will bow out.

There is a waiting period :good:

Özim
21-11-2011, 01:48 PM
More BS from Wenger it's seems, insinuates he might leave then gives a whole different story a few days later, nothing changes it seems.

Maybe he doesn't realise contradicting himself makes he come across like a liar, either way it's no surprise many don't respect anymore.

Özim
21-11-2011, 01:49 PM

Don't count on it, he'll probably sign another "long term" contract, any put us through 5 + more years of this sh*t :sigh:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2011, 01:50 PM
More BS from Wenger it's seems, insinuates he might leave then gives a whole different story a few days later, nothing changes it seems.

Maybe he doesn't realise contradicting himself makes he come across like a liar, either way it's no surprise many don't respect anymore.

Where did he say he was going to leave, just because it was in the paper don't make it true, if you believed it without conformation, more fool you.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Where did he say he was going to leave, just because it was in the paper don't make it true, if you believed it without conformation, more fool you.Did you not watch the post match interview? :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Did you not watch the post match interview? :doh:

Yes and never did he say he was going to leave did he.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Yes and never did he say he was going to leave did he.No one said he said he was going to leave :doh:

Wenger said he would look at it at the end of the season and has now gone back on that and said he will stay.

Zim is spot on once again whilst you my friend have had another shocker in a long line of shockers

Glorified Ollie :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2011, 01:57 PM
No one said he said he was going to leave :doh:

Wenger said he would look at it at the end of the season and has now gone back on that and said he will stay.

Zim is spot on once again whilst you my friend have had another shocker in a long line of shockers

Glorified Ollie :bow:

This from the king of shockers

Dog Toffee
21-11-2011, 02:01 PM
So wenger has to give an interview to clarify what he didnt say in an earlier interview.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:04 PM
So wenger has to give an interview to clarify what he didnt say in an earlier interview.Well he did say that in an earlier interview.

He even admitted he said that during the post match interview on saturday and now hes gone back on it and destroyed all true Arsenals fans hopes and on we go to mid table and maybe worse

Letters
21-11-2011, 02:11 PM
:yawn:

What boring WUMming.

Dog Toffee
21-11-2011, 02:12 PM
I think youl find we're going the other way, up the table, but sacking the best english manager after Fergy for a comment in an interview seems sensible.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:12 PM
:yawn:

What boring WUMming.Wenger sure is

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I think youl find we're going the other way, up the table, but sacking the best english manager after Fergy for a comment in an interview seems sensible.Neither Ferguson or Wenger are English

Dog Toffee
21-11-2011, 02:16 PM
:pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Arsene Wenger.

Fucking with Zim's head since 1996.

:haha:

fakeyank
21-11-2011, 08:05 PM
:faint:

This is terrible news! :(

Kano
21-11-2011, 09:48 PM

when you say 'many' i think that is only in regards to a growing number of arsenal fans but in within the game? he's lauded and will continue to be most probably.

Sirjackofwilshere
21-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Get in. Hope he stays another 15 years.

GP
21-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Get in. Hope he stays another 15 years.

25, tbh

Xhaka Can’t
21-11-2011, 10:45 PM

Ollie the Optimist
21-11-2011, 11:12 PM

you mean you believed the media and the twist they put on the story and are now annoyed that you believed them

fakeyank
21-11-2011, 11:14 PM
when you say 'many' i think that is only in regards to a growing number of arsenal fans but in within the game? he's lauded and will continue to be most probably.

More and more people are questioning him now. If we dont mount any serious challenge this season, it will raise more questions on his ability.

Ollie the Optimist
21-11-2011, 11:17 PM
More and more people are questioning him now. If we dont mount any serious challenge this season, it will raise more questions on his ability.

the man will always be respected for what he has done for the rest of his life, he changed english football when he came, he gave us some of the greatest years of our history. our fans should always be proud of him and respect him for waht he has done. he can be questioned and rightly so gien last few years but no one in hte game will not respect him and even when he goes, Arsenal fans should be so fucking proud of what he has done for this great club, and if you arent you are a fucktard aka ach

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 11:32 PM
:rolleyes:

Kano
21-11-2011, 11:37 PM

mostly within the arsenal ranks, he could get any top manager role available to him.

fakeyank
21-11-2011, 11:43 PM
mostly within the arsenal ranks, he could get any top manager role available to him.

I have had Chelsea and Man Ure fans talking how bad he has become.. A lot of TV pundits are also questioning him. Like I said, failure this season and he will face backlash from everyone... as it is, the criticism he has been receiving has just got more and more with every passing season!

Flavs
22-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Full transcript here, some of you clowns might want to actually read the whole thing rather than picking out the bits you think suit your arguments

<http://news.arseblog.com/2011/11/wengers-interview-with-lequipe-full-transcript/

Flavs
22-11-2011, 10:17 AM
I have had Chelsea and Man Ure fans talking how bad he has become.. A lot of TV pundits are also questioning him. Like I said, failure this season and he will face backlash from everyone... as it is, the criticism he has been receiving has just got more and more with every passing season!

Whoa whoa whoa... You mean fans of other teams have been saying our manager is shit? You mean to tell me people who are paid to critique on telly have been...critical??

:faint:

Letters
22-11-2011, 10:18 AM

If we don't mount any serious challenge against a team playing Championship Manager with the infinite money cheat on?
Right now NO-ONE is mounting any serious challenge to them. If you took Fergie's cock out of your mouth for 30 seconds you'd see that.

We had a car crash of a summer and a disasterous start. Wenger deserves criticism for that and for the collapse at the tail end of last season which he really should have been sacked for. But he also deserves credit for steadying the ship and getting them playing again, we're looking like Arsenal again and I think we've only got one less point than we had at this stage last year which, after our awful start, isn't at all bad.

IMO top 4 is the aim this season, to expect a title challenge with City going mental is unrealistic and failure to challenge them is not a failure on Wenger's part. Failure to compete with Spurs is but there's a long way to go and we're getting it together now so we'll see how it goes.

Flavs
22-11-2011, 10:30 AM
But he also deserves credit for steadying the ship and getting them playing again, we're looking like Arsenal again

May I be as bold as to offer that we don't look like the Arsenal of late, we actually look better.

Letters
22-11-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm enjoying our recent football more than I did a lot of last season, and it's nice to see us responding positively to setbacks (1-0 down at Norwich, pegged back to 1-1 by Stoke and Sunderland, 1-0 down then 2-1 down then pegged back to 3-3 at Chelsea) and winning those games. Last year the heads went down when we were pegged back, right now we're not. Good.

Coney
22-11-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm enjoying our recent football more than I did a lot of last season, and it's nice to see us responding positively to setbacks (1-0 down at Norwich, pegged back to 1-1 by Stoke and Sunderland, 1-0 down then 2-1 down then pegged back to 3-3 at Chelsea) and winning those games. Last year the heads went down when we were pegged back, right now we're not. Good.

This might be because although he didn't buy the 'fancy' players people were calling out for, he bought some backbone players and I think that has helped. When I saw what he had bought, as I said at the time, I was comfortable with him bringing in experience to stabilise things and it looks as if he has got it about right.

Flavs
22-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Think of it like this, LAte in a game we are 2-1 and the bombardment has begun, we need to control things, we need to slow it down and keep possesion, we need to have the ability to harrass and win the ball back if we lose it.

Last season we could bring on Denilson, Diaby or Eboue

This season we can bring on Benayoun, The Rejuvinated Rosicky and Arshavin.

We also have a number of international captains in the team now and we are playing song deeper than before.

Fist of Lehmann
22-11-2011, 12:09 PM
This might be because although he didn't buy the 'fancy' players people were calling out for, he bought some backbone players and I think that has helped. When I saw what he had bought, as I said at the time, I was comfortable with him bringing in experience to stabilise things and it looks as if he has got it about right.Then you are a wiser man than me because when I saw what he had bought I thought it like we had replaced star quality with averageness.

There are signs however, of the team is becoming greater than the sum of it's parts. It looks more cohesive, more balanced, and more resilient. Much more of a team that can last the course over the vagaries of a full season.

Credit where credit's due tbf.

IBK
22-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Full transcript here, some of you clowns might want to actually read the whole thing rather than picking out the bits you think suit your arguments

<http://news.arseblog.com/2011/11/wengers-interview-with-lequipe-full-transcript/

I really enjoyed that piece, and it kind of makes me want to like AW again. He's made mistakes, and I think his biggest one was placing too much faith in his project players to come good, and then being let down by them in a number of different ways. Since the Summer, the manager seems more ready to react and adapt rather than carrying on regardless, and the players he has bought have been a success and have transformed our team. There's progress still to be made, but while clearly Sp*rs are ahead of us at present - it is wortwhile remembering (while the nation cums all over Redknapp) that while they have been remarkably fortunate in keeping their best players fit and together, we have had the guts of ours ripped out by long term injury and departures, yet AW has done remarkably well in bringing us back from the abyss. When something similar happend to Spurs in the season Ramos got sacked, they ended up finishing 8th with 51 points!

Flavs
22-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I really enjoyed that piece, and it kind of makes me want to like AW again. He's made mistakes, and I think his biggest one was placing too much faith in his project players to come good, and then being let down by them in a number of different ways. Since the Summer, the manager seems more ready to react and adapt rather than carrying on regardless, and the players he has bought have been a success and have transformed our team. There's progress still to be made, but while clearly Sp*rs are ahead of us at present - it is wortwhile remembering (while the nation cums all over Redknapp) that while they have been remarkably fortunate in keeping their best players fit and together, we have had the guts of ours ripped out by long term injury and departures, yet AW has done remarkably well in bringing us back from the abyss. When something similar happend to Spurs in the season Ramos got sacked, they ended up finishing 8th with 51 points!

Interesting where he talks about the team being focuses around the midfield of Fabs, Nasri, Wilshere and Diaby, now it seems to be focused around the front 3.

Cant be easy when you have a plan, then one of those gets injured, then the others, then one is sold and then the really cunty one decides he is off

Coney
22-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Then you are a wiser man than me because when I saw what he had bought I thought it like we had replaced star quality with averageness.

There are signs however, of the team is becoming greater than the sum of it's parts. It looks more cohesive, more balanced, and more resilient. Much more of a team that can last the course over the vagaries of a full season.

It is where Ferguson has succeeded. He builds balanced teams and that does not mean every position has a top world class star in it. That is why I thought Wenger's choices would help.

Flavs
22-11-2011, 12:19 PM

Also, take Spurs, Injure Bale and Modric and then sell VDV, Ekotto and Parker then have Defoe publicly say he is leaving, see how they cope with that. Thats essentially what we had to do in the summer

Flavs
22-11-2011, 12:20 PM

You "literally" can't overstate the importance of Mikel Arteta on this team

Coney
22-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Then you are a wiser man than me because when I saw what he had bought I thought it like we had replaced star quality with averageness.

Found it (in case you thought I was bullshitting)..

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=695&page=3

Well, I was hoping for some unWenger-like signings this transfer window. It is nice to have big fancy names but I don't think that was our problem over the last couple of seasons. A lot of the first team players have, in some matches, shown that they are capable of producing top class football and the skills of many of them are top notch..... when they can be arsed... when they are on form. What I wanted to see is players on the pitch around them to kick their asses when they need kicking if their heads go down. These experienced players, while not necessarily the greatest in their positions, are nevertheless good players and ones who are likely to keep the others moving.

IBK
22-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Interesting where he talks about the team being focuses around the midfield of Fabs, Nasri, Wilshere and Diaby, now it seems to be focused around the front 3.

Cant be easy when you have a plan, then one of those gets injured, then the others, then one is sold and then the really cunty one decides he is off

Aye - and not just any old plan, either - one that is years in the making/planning. It must have been heel to invest so much planning and effort only to be let down on the pitch, and fucked over by your 2 best players. It might be wishful thinking on my part, but our problems - and the response he has had from his current captain and team - seem to have rejeuvenated Wenger a bit.

IBK
22-11-2011, 12:46 PM

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=695&page=3

Fair do's mate. :clap:

Flavs
22-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Aye - and not just any old plan, either - one that is years in the making/planning. It must have been heel to invest so much planning and effort only to be let down on the pitch, and fucked over by your 2 best players. It might be wishful thinking on my part, but our problems - and the response he has had from his current captain and team - seem to have rejeuvenated Wenger a bit.

Having a striker who's form isn't so much hot as Super Nova is helping obviously as is the form and sudden leap in ability of Ramsey and Walcott but i think the addition of Arteta and Gervinho cant be underestimated.

Also i think we are benefiting from not being so reliant on cesc.

IBK
22-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Having a striker who's form isn't so much hot as Super Nova is helping obviously as is the form and sudden leap in ability of Ramsey and Walcott but i think the addition of Arteta and Gervinho cant be underestimated.

Also i think we are benefiting from not being so reliant on cesc.

Yeh - that's the only cloud on the horizon for me. We desperately need another proper striker!!

Fats
22-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Wenger pulled our club to where we deserved to be and for that I will be truely thankful. George Graham did that too. We play an exciting brand of football different to that of when we were succesful now, and we have not been succesful since this started 2005-2006. Im at a loss as to why Wenger cannot see it. I think any other manager in the world would have been sacked or released, moved upstairs or whatever for this lack of care. Building the stadium gave him a little grace and understanding and rightly so.

That has been the past and that is where it should be left. No room for sentiment in the business model of top flight football of today.

This season due to our incredibly bad start he has bought. If we had not started so poorly he wouldnt have done so. I am sure these were panic buys as they were not all "Wenger" type players.

Yes we have done well a few games into the season with those buys. I think the spirit of the team is 100 times better with RVP as captain then the weak minded Cesc.

I am a massive critic of Wenger and believe he has made some basic stupid errors in the last 8 seasons. I feel he should have been told at the start of last season that it would have been his last if he didnt spend 50 million and significantly improve the quality of the sqaud.

Thing is Wenger and the team need our support and I for one will get behind them. Even though I may critizise.

I love Arsenal and I think we all do so IMO I think its best to give our club our support.

Fist of Lehmann
22-11-2011, 04:22 PM

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=695&page=3Apologies. I shall remove you from the Bullshitters List.

Sirjackofwilshere
22-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Been very impressed with Artetas Ghelishness. He has a great defensive/cynical side to him that Cesc never had.

Kano
22-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Been very impressed with Artetas Ghelishness. He has a great defensive/cynical side to him that Cesc never had.
oh i'm not so sure, cesc was right in the middle of developing that streak, much needed for any midfielder to survive the pl and be successful. arteta is more of a man, more experienced and steeped in it from his time under moyes