PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction - Arsenal v Money Shitty

Xhaka Can’t
29-11-2011, 09:59 PM
A good performance - proud of how they played tonight.

Wenger clearly has them working for him.

Cripps_orig
29-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Decent first half.

Money was the difference in the 2nd half.

We still have the FA Cup i guess

On we go to whoever we play at the weekend

Syn
Very pleased with the effort. Excellent defensive performance. I think he’s done it consistently enough to say that Koscielny has really turned into a solid, quality CB. Frimpong in the middle put in a typically powerful but surprisingly mature performance - nothing silly. Coquelin too impressed a lot. Going forward, Oxlade is on another level and I’m confident he’d be an improvement on Walcott and Gervinho...but I didn’t see him helping Djourou out anywhere near as much as Gervinho or Walcott would have. I don’t think he’s lazy but atm he doesn’t have the engine for it - and I think that’s the danger with disrupting our new-found work ethic and balance.

I think Benayoun (and later Gervinho) will be disappointed. Gervinho’s confidence is completely shot atm and I really hope he doesn’t turn out to be this season’s Chamakh - a player who started off very well and was very effective initially but didn’t recover from a bad patch of form. Him and Walcott have had a complete turnaround.

The biggest plus from today is knowing that maybe Coquelin and Frimpong would be very good cover for Song incase he picks up an injury. They were up against better players today but definitely got the better of them.

I reckon we were very unlucky to lose that. Oxlade’s awful corner was one of the very few things he did wrong but ended up costing us. Massive shame - looking forward to seeing Coquelin, Frimpong and Oxlade play in Europe next week...that will be another big test for them.

Olivier's xmas twist
Can't fault their effort tbh, they gave as good as they got, The money bags had a better team out and in the end it showed.

gunnerrrrr
29-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Very very proud of the team bar a few.Chamcrap

Oxo - my gosh this kid is special, as in Messi special
Frim and Coq were supurb, pure beasts in that midfield

However upfront we lacked in Park and Chamcrap

Kos is becoming one superb CD

Master Splinter
We were the better team, but didn't take our chances.

Nothing too much complain about, although the strikers needed to be sharper.

The young players were excellent. Oxlade-Chamberlain should be getting games, he is superb.

Koscielny had another outstanding game.

fakeyank
Proud of the way we played. Their squad was worth what? 150+ million quid and we had probably 20-30 million worth of players... we were the better team and wouldve shown it had we had a good striker on the field. Chamakh didnt offer much up front besides winning headers from long balls. Park played way behind where a striker should play.

As for the rest :bow:

OAC :bow:

Cock/Ping pong :bow:

GP
29-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Lots of positives tonight. Quite pleased despite the result.

We do need a striker, though.

IBK
29-11-2011, 10:03 PM
That would have beaten most teams. Thought we gave it a real go and hold nothing against the players out there tonight.

fakeyank
29-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Very pleased with the effort. Excellent defensive performance. I think he’s done it consistently enough to say that Koscielny has really turned into a solid, quality CB. Frimpong in the middle put in a typically powerful but surprisingly mature performance - nothing silly. Coquelin too impressed a lot. Going forward, Oxlade is on another level and I’m confident he’d be an improvement on Walcott and Gervinho...but I didn’t see him helping Djourou out anywhere near as much as Gervinho or Walcott would have. I don’t think he’s lazy but atm he doesn’t have the engine for it - and I think that’s the danger with disrupting our new-found work ethic and balance.

I think Benayoun (and later Gervinho) will be disappointed. Gervinho’s confidence is completely shot atm and I really hope he doesn’t turn out to be this season’s Chamakh - a player who started off very well and was very effective initially but didn’t recover from a bad patch of form. Him and Walcott have had a complete turnaround.

The biggest plus from today is knowing that maybe Coquelin and Frimpong would be very good cover for Song incase he picks up an injury. They were up against better players today but definitely got the better of them.

I reckon we were very unlucky to lose that. Oxlade’s awful corner was one of the very few things he did wrong but ended up costing us. Massive shame - looking forward to seeing Coquelin, Frimpong and Oxlade play in Europe next week...that will be another big test for them.

Gervinho adds pace to our game and I quite like him. Just needs to add finishing to his game and I am confident he will be right up there.

Letters
29-11-2011, 10:05 PM
A good performance - proud of how they played tonight.

Wenger clearly has them working for him.

:good:

We were very good tonight, we worked hard and some of those young players look like excellent prospects.

City changed a lot of players but when 'changing a lot' means playing people like Dzeko and Nasri there's only one likely winner. We played well and we held our own. We created more than them, they only created one clear chance which they took well.

Overall I can't be too disappointed, throw half a billion at any club and you'll get results. It's meaningless. Nothing they do this season means anything, it's not an achievement or showing ambition to throw money around till you win things.

I'd rather not win anything and not sell our soul to some bazillionaire. Would be nice to win things too of course but the day we go down the Chelsea or City route is the day I stop paying any attention to Arsenal.

Cripps_orig
End of the road for Park?

We already know he has no future here so no point sticking with him. Has shown f all.

Power n Glory

Ramsey or Arteta should be getting the chop for Coquelin IMO. He's more complete in what he can off.

Both of them worker their socks off against that midfield.

McNamara That Ghost...
Fuck.

Joker
29-11-2011, 10:06 PM
It was always going to be difficult getting a result with the team we had out. Nevertheless it was a decent performance from most players, although Chamakh was shit again.

Frimpong offers a lot in midfield, but he must calm down. Looking to start a confrontation with Nasri at the end was unnecessary. He's a good player so doesn't need to get involved in that rubbish.

GP

We were very good tonight, we worked hard and some of those young players look like excellent prospects.

City changed a lot of players but when 'changing a lot' means playing people like Dzeko and Nasri there's only one likely winner. We played well and we held our own. We created more than them, they only created one clear chance which they took well.

Overall I can't be too disappointed, throw half a billion at any club and you'll get results. It's meaningless. Nothing they do this season means anything, it's not an achievement or showing ambition to throw money around till you win things.

I'd rather not win anything and not sell our soul to some bazillionaire. Would be nice to win things too of course but the day we go down the Chelsea or City route is the day I stop paying any attention to Arsenal.

Yep, agreed. My interest in football is waning these days anyway. I'd take no pleasure in buying trophies.

Letters
Gervinho adds pace to our game and I quite like him. Just needs to add finishing to his game and I am confident he will be right up there.

I like him too. He looks dangerous and adds something. Needs to get some shooting boots though, his finishing is awful and sometimes he actively opts not to shoot when in positions where a real out and out striker would. But he has ability and I think he's a decent signing.

fakeyank
Ramsey or Arteta should be getting the chop for Coquelin IMO. He's more complete in what he can off.

I'd chop Arteta, not Ramsey... I like Rambo's direct style!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
29-11-2011, 10:08 PM
apparently nasri threw a punch at frimpong in the tunnel then ran to the away dressing room.

what a cunt.

GP
29-11-2011, 10:09 PM
apparently nasri threw a punch at frimpong in the tunnel then ran to the away dressing room.

what a cunt.

:lol: Not deeeeeeeeench!

Xhaka Can’t
A striker is imperative and would have likely forced a different result. That said, we carved out the best chances and forced the best saves. I'm pleased with the performance and the improvement in Bart this season continues at pace.

Syn

Seemed just as good creatively as he was defensively. A solid, all-round 8 performance from him. Not convinced I'd drop Ramsey or Arteta atm - both have been doing well overall and the results have been showing. But you're right - I think Coquelin will be challenging for one of those two spots rather than Song's. DEEEEENCH! will simply be (hopefully good) cover for Song.

Letters
Yep, agreed. My interest in football is waning these days anyway. I'd take no pleasure in buying trophies.

The sight of the stupid fucking Neanderthal City fans dancing around sickens me. Are they really so thick they think anything they do has meaning? Wankers. Fuck 'em. I'd rather finish below them and be a proper club than some billionaire's penis extension thanks.

Letters
:lol: Not deeeeeeeeench!

What is that about?!

GP
29-11-2011, 10:10 PM
What is that about?!

He's a big fan of Dame Judy

Olivier's xmas twist
29-11-2011, 10:10 PM
End of the road for Park?We already know he has no future here so no point sticking with him. Has shown f all.

seems that AW don't rate him either, we all know he is more here for marketing reasons though.

Power n Glory
29-11-2011, 10:11 PM
I'd chop Arteta, not Ramsey... I like Rambo's direct style!

Maybe but would like to see if Arteta can deliver quality passes from further up the field. Ramsey is a little inconsistent and we already know he can't be trusted to play further back.

Syn
29-11-2011, 10:12 PM
What is that about?!

See my post here: http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=312&p=66474&viewfull=1#post66474

Basically, he's an good honest chap of the English persuasion.

Power n Glory
29-11-2011, 10:14 PM
The sight of the stupid fucking Neanderthal City fans dancing around sickens me. Are they really so thick they think anything they do has meaning? Wankers. Fuck 'em. I'd rather finish below them and be a proper club than some billionaire's penis extension thanks.

That sort talk is just ignorant and self righteous. I hate what their owners are doing but if Stan decided to pump money into the club or if Jabba the Hut takes over and splashes the millions, will that stop us Arsenal fans from cheering a victory?

gunsofashburtongrove
29-11-2011, 10:15 PM
The match served its purpose -gave the youngsters a run out and saved us 2 matches in January. Now its only the December fixture congestion that needs to be taken the one against Olympiacos will feature a lot of players from today.

Letters
29-11-2011, 10:16 PM
That sort talk is just ignorant and self righteous. I hate what their owners are doing but if Stan decided to pump money into the club or if Jabba the Hut takes over and splashes the millions, will that stop us Arsenal fans from cheering a victory?

It won't stop stupid Arsenal fans from celebrating, no.

Letters
29-11-2011, 10:16 PM
See my post here: http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=312&p=66474&viewfull=1#post66474

Basically, he's an good honest chap of the English persuasion.

I see.

(no I don't)

What the piss does "Deeeeench" mean? :unsure:

GP
29-11-2011, 10:17 PM
I see.

(no I don't)

What the piss does "Deeeeench" mean? :unsure:

Dench just means 'good' I think.

RvP is Dench

Bacon is Dench

Gary neville is not Dench.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-11-2011, 10:18 PM
The match served its purpose -gave the youngsters a run out and saved us 2 matches in January. Now its only the December fixture congestion that needs to be taken the one against Olympiacos will feature a lot of players from today.

Yep and we won't have to worry about being in 4 comps and bottling them come feb/march like last season.

Joker

You can't blame them for enjoying their success. We can all complain about how "money can't buy class", but this is modern football, and City are doing what it takes to break the top 4 oligopoly. Moreover, you can't say Arsenal haven't sold out as a club either. We've priced out a lot of supporters through extortionate ticket prices, our "sustainable" model is built on fleecing the fans, the board don't care about anything apart from making a return on their investment. So this City bashing shouldn't blind us the fact that our club is run in a very poor manner. Yes, it may be "sustainable" and makes business sense, but we're being sold down a river at the moment. Gazidis is using City as a convenient smokescreen, claiming they've distorted the market and they are the reason why we can't compete in the transfer market, and why we must follow the prudent model that we're following. Dont' believe this BS, the club would have been run purely as a private business regardless of City.

GP

Pretty much.

Letters
29-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Dench just means 'good' I think.

RvP is Dench

Bacon is Dench

Gary neville is not Dench.

I see. :unsure:
Footballers sure are idiots!

GP
29-11-2011, 10:20 PM
I see. :unsure:
Footballers sure are idiots!

Rich idiots!

Letters
29-11-2011, 10:21 PM
You can't blame them for enjoying their success.

I can blame them for being stupid enough to think they've achieved anything.

I agree with a lot of your comments re:Arsenal though.

Power n Glory
29-11-2011, 10:22 PM

I hope your not part of the crowd calling for Stan to pump more money into the club because that would make you a hypocrite.

I don't blame the fans.

Syn
29-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Yep and we won't have to worry about being in 4 comps and bottling them come feb/march like last season.

Yeah, it's much less painful to be in no competitions.

While I don't think it's top priority, winning the Carling Cup was a priority as opposed to just giving youngsters playing time. We have to rest some players because you could see tiredness was affecting league results (a fresh Arsenal side would've beat Fulham on the weekend). I'm disappointed that we're out - the cup run last year was good fun. But I'm at least happy that we didn't roll over and competed very well.

Xhaka Can’t
29-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I hope your not part of the crowd calling for Stan to pump more money into the club because that would make you a hypocrite.

I don't blame the fans.

Not if he wanted Stan to pump in the money the Club generates - which is essentially what I want to happen.

Letters
29-11-2011, 10:25 PM

Have you seen me say that on here?

I do think we could and should be spending more in the transfer market but at least our money comes from previous success (and yes, from fleecing the fans, me included)

Joker
29-11-2011, 10:25 PM

I don't blame the fans.

The vast majority of Arsenal fans would be extremely happy if Stan made a significant investment into the club and made transfer funds available. We're simply bitter that our top four hegemony has been disrupted, and hitting out at City because of it. The reality is that we would have been a lot closer to them IF we had made proper signings in the summer, not turds like Park, Arteta and Santos. I don't like the way City's fortunes have changed so suddenly with the arrival of new owners, but to focus our attentions solely on them and criticise their fans for enjoying it is unfair.

Syn
29-11-2011, 10:28 PM
The vast majority of Arsenal fans would be extremely happy if Stan made a significant investment into the club and made transfer funds available. We're simply bitter that our top four hegemony has been disrupted, and hitting out at City because of it. The reality is that we would have been a lot closer to them IF we had made proper signings in the summer, not turds like Park, Arteta and Santos. I don't like the way City's fortunes have changed so suddenly with the arrival of new owners, but to focus our attentions solely on them and criticise their fans for enjoying it is unfair.

This summer we gained around £70m from player sales as well as trimming the wage bill a fair bit losing first-team regulars like Cesc, Nasri, Clichy and squaddies like Bendtner, Eboue, Denilson and others.

How much did we spend?

The exact figure doesn't matter - all you need to know is that it's nowhere near £70m. We're only hoping for the money we've generated ourselves to be used.

Marc Overmars
Thought we played as well as we could have done with the side on show. They were committed and the crowd fed off that. I feared City were going to score on the break because we didn't really have the quality to make our possession count. Where as they had about 70m worth ready to pounce and that was the difference.

Wenger, please, please buy a striker in January to give us an extra push. Park is lightweight and needs time to adapt. As for Chamakh, he's just not good enough. Whatever he had going for him 18 months ago is long gone. We cannot seriously expect to reach the heights we want to with only one reliable and proven source of goals.

Anyway, it was a good effort but it wasn't meant to be. I don't think we'll lose any sleep about our CC exit this year at least.

Roll on Wigan.

Olivier's xmas twist
Yeah, it's much less painful to be in no competitions.

While I don't think it's top priority, winning the Carling Cup was a priority as opposed to just giving youngsters playing time. We have to rest some players because you could see tiredness was affecting league results (a fresh Arsenal side would've beat Fulham on the weekend). I'm disappointed that we're out - the cup run last year was good fun. But I'm at least happy that we didn't roll over and competed very well.

Agree, its good to see diffrent teams play in the cc, and see the youngsters come along. The players wanted it you could see that, unile other seasons where going out the CC would not matter to Players/Manager.

But i suppose this season is a learing curve for most. lets hope they can man up and do Wigan on saturday.

Letters
29-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Wenger, please, please buy a striker in January to give us an extra push.

Yeah, RvP aside we look very lightweight up front. Have to do something about that. RvP isn't going to score every game and if he gets injured we're massively screwed.

Xhaka Can’t
29-11-2011, 10:32 PM

That is bollox. I hate what City are doing because of the effect on football. There are players wasting away in that team that should be playing first team football week in week out elsewhere and they can't even get in their CC team. It is so fucking wrong and it is so fucking boneheaded of the FA and UEFA to allow this sort of thing to go on. Anywhere whether it is at City, Malaga or St Johnstone.

Power n Glory
29-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Have you seen me say that on here?

I do think we could and should be spending more in the transfer market but at least our money comes from previous success (and yes, from fleecing the fans, me included)

If I was on the Arsenal board, I'd pray for more fans like you. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-11-2011, 10:35 PM
You can't blame them for enjoying their success. We can all complain about how "money can't buy class", .

But its enjoying hollow success, because they never really had to work for it. It was more just given to them. Had they spent time building it up the winning it they enjoy their sucess even more.

Letters
29-11-2011, 10:42 PM
That is bollox. I hate what City are doing because of the effect on football. There are players wasting away in that team that should be playing first team football week in week out elsewhere and they can't even get in their CC team. It is so fucking wrong and it is so fucking boneheaded of the FA and UEFA to allow this sort of thing to go on. Anywhere whether it is at City, Malaga or St Johnstone.

Think they said tonight that City have 23 players on loan or something? Did I seriously hear that right? Ridiculous.

A 'for example' from the era of Chelsea going nuts was SWP. We'd probably have signed him but Chelsea doubled our bid, bought him and stuck him on their bench. Cos they could. They also bought players and loaned them out to clubs who weren't their rivals. It makes a complete mockery of competition and sport. OK, it's not been a level playing field for years but the era of billionaires has taken it to a ridiculous new level.

Syn
29-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Arseblog:
Not sure what's funnier, Nasri throwing a punch and running off or the fact he would quite happily have gone off after 30 mins.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Arseblog:

If Nasri did that then what a twunt tbh.

Cripps_orig
29-11-2011, 11:04 PM
on the winning goal...
It was an unfair result but I felt we were a bit naive because it was a corner for us and a goal for them. I knew that we were in trouble and I feel we didn't take enough time to take the corner because Djourou was just going up front and he had to stay at the back on the corner. We didn't leave him enough time to come back and that's where we were caught.

I felt as well that we didn't take the corners very well but overall what is frustrating that we lost a game at the moment that we looked the winner. It is frustrating because we put a lot of effort in and we were not rewarded. On the other hand I feel that considering the youth of our midfield we have battled really well and have shown some fantastic quality.

on the performance of Oxlade-Chamberlain...
We lacked a little bit of experience to be more decisive in the final third but Chamberlain looked the whole night like he could deliver something special. He has shown already tonight that he has moved forward, considering where he was in the last two months. He has improved a lot already.

The experience tonight shows that it's good sometimes to be positive and as well patient. I was very patient with him until now and I feel that it is important sometimes that you hold them back a little bit and keep them on the training ground. He has shown that he has improved a lot.

He has surprised me by the consistency of this game. You pushed him off the ball easily two months ago but tonight you could see that his resistance in the challenges, his strength in the duels, is there. That is of course very important at the top level.

on reports of an altercation at the final whistle...
I don't know anything about that, no.

on the midfield battle...
I feel in midfield Frimpong did well, Coquelin did well, we battled very hard in there. We were mobile, strong in the fight, we did very well I must say. Sometimes we lacked a little bit of creativity in the final third, especially in the last 20 minutes when I felt there was plenty of room to give them big problems and we missed sometimes the experience in the final ball. But I cannot fault the team, they have shown heart, quality and desire. At the end of the day it is frustrating for the players that they are not rewarded.

on whether Man City were fortunate...
I felt we made it easy for them. They had a clear-cut chance and you couldn’t see them missing. They played very well but I felt we were a bit naïve because we could stop that at the start of that move. You cannot let them get on a run like that. Overall, I felt that we were naïve and you can call that bad luck. But I don’t believe in luck. I believe we had to stop the counter-attack and you know when you are on a corner, that is your job when you are a defender. You have to stop that.

on Chamakh's late chance…
He wasn’t far away from the ball. I did not react at Chamakh, it was more frustration that we did not score and come back. I felt as well that Squillaci was behind him - if someone else goes in behind him it was a tap-in at the far post.

on the difference between the squads…
Number-wise, there is a difference. If you look at the players they have out on loan like Bellamy, Adebayor, Santa Cruz - I don’t know where he is. Number-wise there is a big difference because all their players are somewhere else. But quality-wise, we have shown we can fight with them.

on missing out on a trophy...
I look at it badly but on the other hand, I feel I want to take the positives out of tonight’s game and of our run. We have a fantastic attitude and spirit and we have quality. How far can we go this season? I feel if we keep this attitude, we can have hope. You can argue that we lost the easiest trophy to win but as well if you look at the teams who are still in it, it does not look as easy to win as usual.

on whether the FA Cup is the best trophy chance...
I consider the championship the most important. More than anything else, it is important to finish in the top four.

Looks like another trophyless season then

Marc Overmars
29-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Oxo Cube must be given a chance with the first 11.

Cripps_orig
29-11-2011, 11:09 PM
How good would he be on the left of the front 3?

Nowhere near as good as RVP or Theo but far better than Gervinho who plays on the left. Time to give it a try. What harm can it do?

Syn
29-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Oxo Cube must be given a chance with the first 11.

I reckon he'll be loaned out to Norwich or some relegation battlers in January.

Marc Overmars
29-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I reckon he'll be loaned out to Norwich or some relegation battlers in January.

Great.

While Fat Fuck continues to stink the place out because he's a Fat Fuck.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-11-2011, 11:19 PM
How good would he be on the left of the front 3?

Nowhere near as good as RVP or Theo but far better than Gervinho who plays on the left. Time to give it a try. What harm can it do?

What rubbish

Joker
29-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Great.

While Fat Fuck continues to stink the place out because he's a Fat Fuck.

Fat Fuck should be sold in January, and Theo, Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain can be the main contenders for the wing positions.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Fat Fuck should be sold in January, and Theo, Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain can be the main contenders for the wing positions.

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
30-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Just finished watching the highlights. We played the whole 90 minutes with 10 men. WHY? Has anyone ever seen a more useless fuck than Chamakh? Whatever the cunt had in the past is now gone, the guy has nothing. We take off Park and Ox and leave that cunt on for the whole 90mins? WTF?

They were there for the taking tonight and we were the better team by a good distance. I think they had 1 shot on goal. They absolutely stink as a team, you could see it in everything they did. They have no chance of winning anything in a pressure situation because none of their players are committed to the team. It looked like they couldn't give a shit they had a quarter of a billion quids worth of players out there but were still getting schooled by kids. Our lot (apart from the cunt I mentioned earlier and the fat fuck who came on later) did well and looked the part. If only stupid cunt and Squillachi hadn't been the men(?) in the box on that final cross. Also Squillaci gave up chasing teh ball for their goal and so did Coquelin. Squid will be gone so no worries but Coq needs to sort out that shit in what was otherwise a good performance.

Very unlucky to lose that one. But Ox's performance is compensation, he's going to be a hell of a player.

gunsofashburtongrove
30-11-2011, 06:28 AM
@NQ i agree with Coquelin not running and being responsible for the goal. From an energy and running perspective he had a sub par performance, typical when he plays alongside Frimpong, but on the other hand he didn't run himself to the ground and lasted 90 minutes, add to that Chambo covered well defensively which is quiet unlike him based on earlier games. This shows that they are thinking and developing as well. Frimpong has been thinking as well. The picture below shows what he's been thinking.

http://twitpic.com/7ltjxu

Marc Overmars
30-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Frimpong. :bow:

Love this guy. He's by no means the most gifted player but you cannot fault his commitment to cause, his attitude on the pitch is infectious. The new Parlour?

Mancini said Nasri was affected by the booing. :lol:

Pussy.

Flavs
30-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Solid....solid as a rock!

Even though we lost i thought there were a lot of positives to take from last night, mainly how good Koscielny and Coquelin are. We struggled to play our game as we didn't have a natural full back on the pitch meaning the support to the wingers was very minimal. Although Jo Djo and Miguel were solid and looked good at the defensive end they offered next to nothing going forward. Also playing 2 DM's made us solid but not creative.

The Ox was really good, really quick feet and not intimidated by Zabaleta who is quality to be fair. a few narrow margins reversed and we would have won this. Great atmosphere last night as well, you could tell the usual prawn sandwich brigade and the corporates weren't there.

anyway onwards and upwards.

Flavs
30-11-2011, 09:17 AM
On another note i felt sorry for the Schmacker tonight, worked really hard, bought others into the game and his movement free's up a lot of space for exploitation as well.

Sadly his confidence is obviously shot and the constant barrage of criticism from the commentator didn't help view his performance neutrally either. While i like the guy and see the positives of him being in the team i just think the English game and more importantly the game Arsenal play will never suit him.

I think in a team where he would be used as an old fashioned number 9 he would stand out.

Flavs
30-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Finally, we've got to mention the tunnel incident. There's a little clip here <http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.com/2011/11/video-samir-nasri-vs-frimpong-nasri-and.html>
of Nasri and Frimpong niggling at the final whistle – kudos to Frimpong he was at Nasri from the first whistle and backed it up with a good performance on the pitch. From what I'm told it carried on in the tunnel, Nasri took a swing at Frimpong and then legged it to the away dressing room.

From Arseblog. :lol:

LDG
30-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Was gutted, but proud last night.

We look like a fucking team. Awesome to see. City can go fuck themselves, and I really don't give a shit if they win stuff, because it will all be a big load of fucking fake.

Arsenal :bow:

I love my team :d

Xhaka Can’t
30-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Was gutted, but proud last night.

We look like a fucking team. Awesome to see. City can go fuck themselves, and I really don't give a shit if they win stuff, because it will all be a big load of fucking fake.

Arsenal :bow:

I love my team :d

We love you Arsenal, we do! We love you Arsenal we do! We love you Arsenal, we do! Oh Arsenal we love you!

This team are unlikely to win something this season, but this group have players have given me something I can get behind and feel proud of. They work hard, they have the right attitude and they deserved the wonderful support they got off the fans last night. For a long time, I've loved this team, but I didn't like it. This group of players have changed that for me this season.

LDG
30-11-2011, 10:55 AM
We love you Arsenal, we do! We love you Arsenal we do! We love you Arsenal, we do! Oh Arsenal we love you!

This team are unlikely to win something this season, but this group have players have given me something I can get behind and feel proud of. They work hard, they have the right attitude and they deserved the wonderful support they got off the fans last night. For a long time, I've loved this team, but I didn't like it. This group of players have changed that for me this season.

Exactly.

Be lovely to win something, of course. But we go to games because we love our team, and want to see the effort on the pitch. It's why millions of people go to watch there teams, wherever they are in the league, whether they've ever won something or not.

There are questions still over the fans getting shafted out of cash, only to see it being put in the pockets of our owners, rather than being spent on the team. But that's another issue.

It's just nice to see a team again, and no fucking Nasri / Cesc / Cunts.

We got our Arsenal back.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Exactly.

Be lovely to win something, of course. But we go to games because we love our team, and want to see the effort on the pitch. It's why millions of people go to watch there teams, wherever they are in the league, whether they've ever won something or not.

There are questions still over the fans getting shafted out of cash, only to see it being put in the pockets of our owners, rather than being spent on the team. But that's another issue.

It's just nice to see a team again, and no fucking Nasri / Cesc / Cunts.

We got our Arsenal back.

Deffo, the effort is great, they are playing for the Manager and the fans, they want to be there. You even saw the dissapointment in the all the players yesterday, it might have been the CC but to them it was important.

Lets hope they can go back to winning ways with wigan, as we are now 2 with out a win, and confidence with this team can go quickly.

Fist of Lehmann
30-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I dunno.

We've seen before how the form and confidence of the CC team can have little to no bearing on anything, they are essentially different sides.

But irrespective of that, there is more than just confidence at work. In a way the 8-2 thrashing precipitated the fightback, and there's an unwillingness to be beaten in the side. Early days, but we're starting to show Exceptional Spirit™.

Flavs
30-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Also fair do's to squillaci last night, to say his time here has been troubled is an understatement and he has been playing in the reserves with kids no-one has eevr heard of. But he rolled up his sleeves last night and got stuck in, was solid and even got to kick Aguero a bit, which should be a national past time

Syn
30-11-2011, 01:43 PM
and even got to kick Aguero a bit, which should be a national past time

I was really annoyed with Aguero yesterday - beyond the usual "the opponent and the ref are cunts" bias. He was whining a ridiculous amount even when he was clearly in the wrong. Little things like holding on to the ball (for a non-trivial amount of time) when we were trying to get on with a free-kick....aside from my lack of talent, that's another reason I couldn't be a footballer - if I was Djourou, I would've floored him yesterday and gladly taken the red.

Master Splinter
30-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Talking of flooring people, I'm a little annoyed that the no-one took out Dzeko or Johnson in the lead-up to the goal. One sly push or even a dirty lunge would have done the job. And would probably have got a yellow at the most. We've never had a cynical streak in our team really though, which is what all the successful teams have. Wenger is too nice.

Marc Overmars
30-11-2011, 05:23 PM
This team doesn't really have that cynical edge but past Wenger teams did. The Invincibles knew all the tricks of the trade, Vieira was a GHEL of the highest order and that rubbed off on his teammates.

Master Splinter
30-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I meant the team Wenger has built over more recent years.

But perhaps Vieira aside, we still never had uber-cunts who got away with murder because they were media darlings. See: Manchester United, Barcelona, Spain.

Henry only became diving scum after he left us.

We're just too nice :(.

Marc Overmars
30-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Don't worry, with Sir Jack and the Dench Man forming our spine for the next 10 years, we will soon reach the level of cuntishness we've always dreamt about.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-11-2011, 06:11 PM
This team doesn't really have that cynical edge but past Wenger teams did. The Invincibles knew all the tricks of the trade, Vieira was a GHEL of the highest order and that rubbed off on his teammates.

Santos did a cynical foul in the game against Fulham, Song has been doing it. This was one thing i used get pissed of with, we'd never do that and let opposing teams get a goal from it.

Cripps_orig
30-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Talking of flooring people, I'm a little annoyed that the no-one took out Dzeko or Johnson in the lead-up to the goal. One sly push or even a dirty lunge would have done the job. And would probably have got a yellow at the most. We've never had a cynical streak in our team really though, which is what all the successful teams have. Wenger is too nice.2 people tried on Dzeko tbh. Benayoun and Kos. Both missed :lol:

Marc Overmars
30-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah Song is good at the Synical stuff.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Don't worry, with Sir Jack and the Dench Man forming our spine for the next 10 years, we will soon reach the level of cuntishness we've always dreamt about.

Frimpong wouldn't be cynical though. He'd just eat him.

GP
30-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Apparently Frimpong gave Nasri a tshirt with BENCH written on it

:haha:

Edinburgh Gooner
30-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Apparently Frimpong gave Nasri a tshirt with BENCH written on it

Quality!!!!!!

Xhaka Can’t
30-11-2011, 06:38 PM
:haha: I hope that is true.

Syn
30-11-2011, 06:48 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/29/article-2067866-0EFDB2FA00000578-559_306x423.jpg

I think it's probably just DEEEEEENCH!!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/390730_302821196414928_139411852755864_1022074_967 326666_n.jpg

Kano
30-11-2011, 07:38 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_magazine_big_picture/DEEEEENCH.jpg

Maestro
30-11-2011, 07:47 PM

Drench Man Dem

Ollie the Optimist
30-11-2011, 08:21 PM
funniest rumour i heard was nasri threw a punch at frimpong and then ran away to the dressing room. probably cos he was so scared frimpong would eat him alive

fakeyank
30-11-2011, 08:44 PM
funniest rumour i heard was nasri threw a punch at frimpong and then ran away to the dressing room. probably cos he was so scared frimpong would eat him alive

DEENCH!

Özim
01-12-2011, 09:40 AM
We lost, it's no big surprise and to be fair they have got one hell of a squad, I am riled by the attitude that 4th place is everything though, that's been the case for years and unfortunately with thinking like that success is unlikely.

To make the step forward we need to get a taste for success, perhaps winning a trophy is the only way, the policy of settling for 4th place just isn't one I subscribe to.

I hope Oxo gets some game time, he's such an exciting player and makes things happen.

LDG
01-12-2011, 09:57 AM
We lost, it's no big surprise and to be fair they have got one hell of a squad, I am riled by the attitude that 4th place is everything though, that's been the case for years and unfortunately with thinking like that success is unlikely.

To make the step forward we need to get a taste for success, perhaps winning a trophy is the only way, the policy of settling for 4th place just isn't one I subscribe to.

I hope Oxo gets some game time, he's such an exciting player and makes things happen.

Did you watch the match?? :unsure:

We were excellent, were the better team, and but for a decent back up striker, we would have beaten them, with our second string / kids.

They had 60 million worth of strikers on the pitch and some cunt called Nasri. Who posed us no real problems at all.

This squad is far better than last year. It's a team, who are fighting for each other for a change. You should be proud.

Özim
01-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Did you watch the match?? :unsure:

We were excellent, were the better team, and but for a decent back up striker, we would have beaten them, with our second string / kids.

They had 60 million worth of strikers on the pitch and some cunt called Nasri. Who posed us no real problems at all.

This squad is far better than last year. It's a team, who are fighting for each other for a change. You should be proud.
No didn't watch it, but at the end of the day I expected us to lose so it's no big surprise.

Good to hear we're showing some fighting spirit though, the striker issue has been there for a while, we've been linked with that Sow guy who has a decent goal record, remains to be seen if we sign him though.

Whilst results have certainly improved recently, it's really at the business end of the season where we have always found it tough, it will be interesting to see how we get on there.

Not sure what my expectations are of this season, the CL is beyond us IMO, as is the league, that leaves the FA Cup but I can see us not taking that totally seriously.

I guess our ultimate aim will be 4th place which seems achievable (not too bad considering where we were at the start of the season) as Chelsea are awful, do think Spurs will finish above us this year though.

Still think Wenger should move on at the end of the season though, but I doubt it will happen.

Xhaka Can’t
01-12-2011, 10:55 AM
It is hard to take seriously someone who just looks at the result of a game to form an opinion of the team he supports.

LDG
01-12-2011, 11:49 AM
No didn't watch it, but at the end of the day I expected us to lose so it's no big surprise.

Good to hear we're showing some fighting spirit though, the striker issue has been there for a while, we've been linked with that Sow guy who has a decent goal record, remains to be seen if we sign him though.

Whilst results have certainly improved recently, it's really at the business end of the season where we have always found it tough, it will be interesting to see how we get on there.

Not sure what my expectations are of this season, the CL is beyond us IMO, as is the league, that leaves the FA Cup but I can see us not taking that totally seriously.

I guess our ultimate aim will be 4th place which seems achievable (not too bad considering where we were at the start of the season) as Chelsea are awful, do think Spurs will finish above us this year though.

Still think Wenger should move on at the end of the season though, but I doubt it will happen.

I really don't know how it will turn out this year. At the moment, we are playing as a unit. And that is good to see.

The problem will come with fatigue and injuries to key personnel; But one would hope we have some decent cover as it is. We've been playing with 3 full backs injured, and still looked a million times better in defence. All the CB's are doing a job, and in midfield we have balance, workrate, and also intellegence.

We have Wilshire to come back, Sagna should be back soon too. Coquellin (sp) really looks a decent player (enough to challenge Song IMO) and Frimmers looks like he's getting better too (and he has heart).

Jenko has done an outstanding job as an understudy, and we'll have him back soon too.

What we need is another creative midfielder / game changer, and a quality back up striker. We're becomming difficult to beat at the moment; But we do need more up top for games like Fulham and City, where there wasn't that someone to change a game.

For me Chamahk is finished, and I think Arshavin will be on his way too.

From where we started, I think Wenger has done an excellent job with this team, and deserves credit for it. He must continue with this though, and not revert back to his old ways. We need more cover, and we need to spend in January.

IBK
01-12-2011, 11:53 AM
I really don't know how it will turn out this year. At the moment, we are playing as a unit. And that is good to see.

The problem will come with fatigue and injuries to key personnel; But one would hope we have some decent cover as it is. We've been playing with 3 full backs injured, and still looked a million times better in defence. All the CB's are doing a job, and in midfield we have balance, workrate, and also intellegence.

We have Wilshire to come back, Sagna should be back soon too. Coquellin (sp) really looks a decent player (enough to challenge Song IMO) and Frimmers looks like he's getting better too (and he has heart).

Jenko has done an outstanding job as an understudy, and we'll have him back soon too.

What we need is another creative midfielder / game changer, and a quality back up striker. We're becomming difficult to beat at the moment; But we do need more up top for games like Fulham and City, where there wasn't that someone to change a game.

From where we started, I think Wenger has done an excellent job with this team, and deserves credit for it. He must continue with this though, and not revert back to his old ways. We need more cover, and we need to spend in January.

10/10 :gp:

Özim
01-12-2011, 12:12 PM
It is hard to take seriously someone who just looks at the result of a game to form an opinion of the team he supports.
As I've said before, just lost interest largely thanks to Wenger, haven't been watching an awful lot recently last game I watched was the Chelsea game.

I didn't even know the game was on the other night.

gunsofashburtongrove
01-12-2011, 12:32 PM

:gp:

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 02:19 PM

Who said that after the game, WTF did you want wenger to do field his 1st 11 and win the game. Alll you do is moam even if we won the comp you'd have moaned it was Only the CC or some other silly excuse.

Cripps_orig
01-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Who said that after the game, WTF did you want wenger to do field his 1st 11 and win the game. Alll you do is moam even if we won the comp you'd have moaned it was Only the CC or some other silly excuse.

on whether the FA Cup is the best trophy chance...
I consider the championship the most important. More than anything else, it is important to finish in the top four.

Welcome back Mental Charlie

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Welcome back Mental Charlie

did i say that you twat

Cripps_orig
01-12-2011, 02:27 PM
did i say that you twat:blink:

Yes seeing as youre the one i quoted just now

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 02:27 PM
:blink:

Yes seeing as youre the one i quoted just now

Wherd did i say 4th was more important

Cripps_orig
01-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Wherd did i say 4th was more importantWtf are you talking about?

Seriously you need help.

Lets start at the beginning so even an idiot like you can understand.

Zimm said he was riled that 4th place is everything for Wenger. You asked who said that. I posted a quote from Wenger saying that and you have gone in to a mental period.

Simples

Özim
01-12-2011, 02:31 PM
What do I want him to do?

Stop with the 4th place is all important BS, noone but the money men gives a toss about that. Not much chance of me moaning if we won the competition is there seeing as we're out :lol:

Moreover I've always said a trophy is important even if it's only the CC cup so you really are spouting nonsense.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 02:33 PM
What do I want him to do?

Stop with the 4th place is all important BS, noone but the money men gives a toss about that. Not much chance of me moaning if we won the competition is there seeing as we're out :lol:

Moreover I've always said a trophy is important even if it's only the CC cup so you really are spouting nonsense.

whar made you think even it we beat city we would have gone on to win the cc anyway. Don't see anything wenger said wrong tbh, the league is our aim like chavs ans spuds why be foolish to lie.

Özim
Wtf are you talking about?

Seriously you need help.

Zimm said he was riled that 4th place is everything for Wenger. You asked who said that. I posted a quote from Wenger saying that and you have gone in to a mental period.

Simples
Pretty much, he makes a point and then pretends like he doesn't have a clue what he said.

Özim
whar made you think even it we beat city we would have gone on to win the cc anyway. Don't see anything wenger said wrong tbh, the league is our aim like chavs ans spuds why be foolish to lie.
I never said we would, I just said I expected us to lose anyway but that the attitude that 4th place is what matters annoys me.

We've got no chance in the league, so that's not our aim, 4th place is just like it is every year, it's just about money nothing else.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Wtf are you talking about?

Seriously you need help.

Simples

I meant who on this board said that nothing about wenger saying it

Cripps_orig
01-12-2011, 02:36 PM
I meant who on this board said that nothing about wenger saying itZimm wasnt talking about anyone on here though. He was talking about Wenger saying it.

Stop acting the idiot.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 02:37 PM
I never said we would, I just said I expected us to lose anyway but that the attitude that 4th place is what matters annoys me.

We've got no chance in the league, so that's not our aim, 4th place is just like it is every year.

the last 6 to Challenge for the title was Wengers aim as he said so. Finishing 4th was what he was contempt with. This season were not winning the league and we need CL footie so thats his aim even if it means not winning a trophy.

Özim
01-12-2011, 02:38 PM
I meant who on this board said that nothing about wenger saying it
It wasn't about people on this board it was about Wenger, why would you think any different...he's in charge not the posters on here.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Zimm wasnt talking about anyone on here though. He was talking about Wenger saying it.

Stop acting the idiot.

all he said he was rilled at the attidute to 4th place, never said Wengers Attitude to 4th place. I assumed he was going off people on here not being to upset us being out.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 02:39 PM
It wasn't about people on this board it was about Wenger, why would you think any different...he's in charge not the posters on here.

Well you never said Wengers Attitude did you.

Özim
01-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Coming 4th isn't challenging for the title, in fact we're not challenging we're miles behind as well.

He's always content with 4th, he was last year and the year before and for years before that and will be next year and the year after that. It'll never change. 4th place is what the whole club is happy with, it's about money we're never going to win the CL or the league as we don't really invest...if 4th was a stepping stone that would be fine, 6 years suggests it's not.

You have to face the facts here, we're not looking to build, we're settling for 4th.

Özim
01-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Well you never said Wengers Attitude did you.
It didn't really need to be said, you always complain I talk about Wenger and now I am you pretend like I was talking about someone else....I don't get it.

LDG
01-12-2011, 02:44 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Coming 4th isn't challenging for the title, in fact we're not challenging we're miles behind as well.

He's always content with 4th, he was last year and the year before and for years before that and will be next year and the year after that. It'll never change. 4th place is what the whole club is happy, it's about money we're never going to win the CL or the league as we don't really invest...if 4th was a stepping stone that would be fine, 6 years suggests it's not.

Not diagreeing with you at all, i just assumed you meant the attidude of posters on here as no one was downbeat about going out the cc. IMO the aim for this season is to finish 4th, i do think we need to win the Fa cup to keep RVP whether we will or not is a diffrent issue.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 02:46 PM
It didn't really need to be said, you always complain I talk about Wenger and now I am you pretend like I was talking about someone else....I don't get it.

You said your sick of the Attitiude to coming 4th unless Aw changed his name to The overnight, its not simple to know you meant him is it.

LDG
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU&feature=player_embedded

Özim
01-12-2011, 02:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU&feature=player_embedded

:lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 02:59 PM
:lol:

So's your face

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM

Whats to say it won't even we don't do well again this season.