User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs PNE (away, Cup).

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction vs PNE (away, Cup).

Good first half guys, at least we're showing consistency.

Well done to Ramsey for somehow shooting on target and Bif for saving us again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surprised by Preston's commitment. I hadn't really considered they'd be up for a cup game against Arsenal.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in the hat! Feel a bit for Preston, but they didn't put their chances away first half and we were better second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We showed em,didn't we.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another flukey rescue job. Wenger has got to be the luckiest manager in world football.

Today shows We have massive, massive problems at the back.

Gabriel is very much in the squillaci, silvestre and stepanovs tradition of absolute shite centre backs.

Without koscielny, mustafi doesn't look much better.

In front of them, Xhaka looks like a complete misfit signing and without coquelin we have no instinctive ball winner in midfield to protect them.

Maitland-niles was horribly exposed all match and shows that we are one injury to bellerin away from meltdown.

Monreal looks a bit cooked too.

All of this could be addressed in the transfer window, but I won't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NQ, explain to me how this goal involved more pace and less 'tippy tappy'?

From the build up, we were fortunate not to concede possession when Xhaka took a heavy touch and in the final third it was good work from Iwobi to keep the attack alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    NQ, explain to me how this goal involved more pace and less 'tippy tappy'?

From the build up, we were fortunate not to concede possession when Xhaka took a heavy touch and in the final third it was good work from Iwobi to keep the attack alive.
    You really need that explained? And you also keep using the word pace when I already said I meant tempo.

So this video is a CLASSIC cameo of the problem. A whole bunch of aimless shite, our usual style, and then bang, bang, two passes up the flank, a ball into the danger area and Iwobi does the rest. You call that shite at the start, "build up play", I call it shite. The real build up play was when somebody had the balls to move the ball forward rather than sideways or backwards. Yes, you can lose the ball if you play it into contested spaces. And that's what Wenger fears because he hasn't got a clue how to coach the defence so loss of possession can be devastating. But you also can't threaten the opposition if you shun their goal. And that's what we do for long stretches of our matches - basically fuck around, terrified of losing the ball. Tippy tappy Arsenal style, or more like chicken's tikka - the Mr Bean version of tika taka.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomfordPele View Post
    Another flukey rescue job. Wenger has got to be the luckiest manager in world football.

Gabriel is very much in the squillaci, silvestre and stepanovs tradition of absolute shite centre backs.

In front of them, Xhaka looks like a complete misfit signing and without coquelin we have no instinctive ball winner in midfield to protect them.

Maitland-niles was horribly exposed all match and shows that we are one injury to bellerin away from meltdown.

All of this could be addressed in the transfer window, but I won't hold my breath.
    We bought a non-league player for 40k - didn't you get the memo?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomfordPele View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    We bought a non-league player for 40k - didn't you get the memo?
    The hednesford maldini. Great work arsene.