User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Anyone calling for Wenger to be sacked...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Tbh, I think most hardcore gooners have been exceptionally patient really.

Most understand the necessity of what the club had to do six years ago.

What they don't understand, is why, now, the policies that were adopted are not adapted....especially given their failings.

Furthermore, regardless of money and transfers and all the big lovely things fans get so excited about, the basics of the game on the pitch have been ignored, and even the most ardent supporter of Wenger must be tearing their hair out wondering why, after the same errors in three/four years, have they not been sorted out.

Therefore; having exercised patience, having been laughed at, having watched the dismal end to the season, only to be told "be patient", strikes a very sore nerve.

There was a balance struck at the begining of last season. The "Wenger Out" brigade were shouted down. But the culmination of the same mistakes, the same unwillingness to strengthen, and the childlike behaviour of our manager on the sidelines has tipped that balance. Quite rightly, some of our fans are furious, and we all know what raw anger does.

Like I said before. Wenger is not going to be sacked, but I do think all fans should be putting the pressure on the club to do what is right. But on 9th June, we actually do have to be patient over the summer.....but, there will be a whole different shit storm if we start the season unchanged, and with the same rooky errors.

Therefore, I say, lump the pressure on the club. It's time the fans got up and spoke. There is no room for further patience IMO.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    That's an interesting comparison. Clough took Forest places their fans could never have dreamed of. He did stay too long and ended up getting them relegated and yet he's still a hero to the Forest fans.
    Wenger has done the same for us, all we've done is drop to the bottom of the top 4 rather than the top 4 and he's abused by a load of spoilt brat fans on here like he has got us relegated. It's disgraceful IMO. Questions need to be asked certainly and I do think it's time for him to go (scary as I find the idea) but I'll never disrespect him.
    The difference between the 2 are the clubs they are managing. Notts Forest were shite before Clough and are shit after him. During his years there, they did stuff that they will never ever do again hence hes the reason hes still seen as a hero there.

As for Wenger, Arsenal won trophies before him, they will win trophies after him but will they win anything whilst hes still here? I doubt it cos he doesnt have what it takes. Thats why we view Wenger differently to what Forest fans view Clough.

Whilst i agree we shouldnt disrespect the cunt for what hes done for us, peoples patience is wearing thin. Ive turned against him. I want him gone now before its too late so he can take what little credibility he has left with him to his next job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    The difference between the 2 are the clubs they are managing. Notts Forest were shite before Clough and are shit after him. During his years there, they did stuff that they will never ever do again hence hes the reason hes still seen as a hero there.

As for Wenger, Arsenal won trophies before him, they will win trophies after him but will they win anything whilst hes still here? I doubt it cos he doesnt have what it takes. Thats why we view Wenger differently to what Forest fans view Clough.
    I guess that's reasonable although he has lifted the club to dizzy heights which the club hadn't seen since the 30s and not even Coney or Theolo remember those times.

Whilst i agree we shouldnt disrespect the cunt for what hes done for us, peoples patience is wearing thin. Ive turned against him. I want him gone now before its too late so he can take what little credibility he has left with him to his next job.

Can't argue with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with Letters when it comes to the disrespecting

Don't see how anyone can justify calling Wenger a cu#t or a pric# after all he has done for the club, unless you have just started supporting Arsenal in the last 6 seasons!!?

Don't get me wrong it is clear to see that Wenger is misguided in his self-assumpitions that everything is okey dokey and that everyone from the board to the fans have his board.

It is no coincidence that we stopped winning things around the same time that we to put it bluntly lost our bottle......the football has always been pleasing to the eye but in the past we had a engine running it, a couple of bruisers mopping up things for the finer aspects of Wenger's master plan. We don't fight fire with fire and to be proud of being the only team to beat Utd and Barca is one thing but to be losing or drawing at home to bottom of the league fodder is another and the scales as we see do not tip in our favour.

But does that make Wenger what many are calling him......'no'

Wenger I do not doubt wants success for the club and his pride is taking a massive beating as it should because he has been stubborn/blinkered for too long. Even if he does open his eyes it may be too late but I cannot see him getting the sack, I can see another chance being given but even a cat has nine lives and I do not expect to see AW around as the manager if we are to go 9 seasons without.......

I would even go as far as to say that we may be better off with a new manager but as I imagine Wenger will still be around for a while and with that being the case, this off season is one in which he has to show more intent, drive and purpose. Trying to be in the same room as Phil Jones I hope is a start to that and I pray that we have a more active summer than pasts seasons.......we need PL blooded talent and if we are to lose a few than make sure we get paid top draw.

Don't get me wrong i am not defending Wenger and saying he has done nothing wrong......we all know and have strong opinions that say otherwise......but to call him a cu#t after he, his teams, and style of football have given me the most to cheer for in my 35 plus years of being an Arsenal fan is downright wrong and as Letters put it disrespectful........

or its maybe that I am not as eloquent as some of my fellow Gooners.........although I have been known to call Eboue a few choice

proud to be a Gooner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one calling wenger a cun*t on GW is the least of his problems, you coc*ksucker

:sarcasm:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    one calling wenger a cun*t on GW is the least of his problems, you coc*ksucker

:sarcasm:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume by style of play you mean back how it was when we won stuff?

Cos surely no one can enjoy how it is now. Pass, pass and pass some more isnt my style of football. Its boring, dull and fucking shite.

Why hes gone from a fast flowing team playing 4-4-2 to what we are now, il never know.

I was actually pleased we had changed formation to a 4-5-1 cos we had been found out in the 4-4-2 and i thought him moving to the 4-5-1 would mean he will change between the 2 but all hes done is stick with the 4-5-1 even against teams that play 10 men behind the ball.

What a cunt. I mean that with the greatest respect of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a cunt. I mean that with the greatest respect of course [/QUOTE]

i second that. with the upmost respect i humbly say AW is a tight cunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    I assume by style of play you mean back how it was when we won stuff?

Cos surely no one can enjoy how it is now. Pass, pass and pass some more isnt my style of football. Its boring, dull and fucking shite.

Why hes gone from a fast flowing team playing 4-4-2 to what we are now, il never know.

I was actually pleased we had changed formation to a 4-5-1 cos we had been found out in the 4-4-2 and i thought him moving to the 4-5-1 would mean he will change between the 2 but all hes done is stick with the 4-5-1 even against teams that play 10 men behind the ball.

What a cunt. I mean that with the greatest respect of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Why do you think it's OK to be so disrespectful to just about the most important manager in our club's history?
    Frustrated as I am with him and things at the club (and with football in general), I'd never be so disrespectful to Wenger. He's taken us places I never thought I'd see Arsenal go.
    I am sorry!