Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clichy and gallas will be relieved to hear it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    2 exceptional seasons in a team not doing what it should is not a bad return, i'm not sure other players at his age can do even that. on top of carrying the most assists over the past 5 years across europe, that's not bad going really.

fabregas was given the chance to shine but HE made himself what he is today, no one else.

def not an arsenal legend but his talent will be notably missed from our team. even in seasons when he was injured like last year, he still racked up the assists and chance more than others in the team
    No player does it all on their own. If they did, then you would never have players that shine in one team but not elsewhere. Fabregas is a prodigious talent, and we have seen what our team misses when he doesn't play or is not on form. But just like a striker who is an attacking team's main outlet will score lots of goals, Fabregas has benefitted from the entire team being built around him. We have suffered lately from having him as our main player and captain.

We will suffer in the short team, but if Fabregas going means that AW turms his back on a style of play that has become increasingly less effective in the EPL, and left us exposed defensively, and gets back to a more direct style then we might actually benefit in the long term.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clichy and gallas will be relieved to hear it
    clichy and gallas are clichy and gallas. they pretty much played at whatever level they were at for the entire season.

until january/feb we looked like winning the league. what changed? fabregas. his fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    clichy and gallas are clichy and gallas. they pretty much played at whatever level they were at for the entire season.

until january/feb we looked like winning the league. what changed? fabregas. his fault.
    You cant be serious?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    No players does it all on their own. If they did, then you would never have players that shine in one team but not elsewhere. Fabregas is a prodigious talent, and we have seen what our team misses when he doesn't play or is not on form. But just like a striker who is an attacking team's main outlet will score lots of goals, Fabregas has benefitted from the entire team being built around him. We have suffered lately from having him as our main player and captain.

We will suffer in the short team, but if Fabregas going means that AW turms his back on a style of play that has become increasingly less effective in the EPL, and left us exposed defensively, and gets back to a more direct style then we might actually benefit in the long term.
    everyone makes the most of opportunities given to them, you can push and shove all you want but bottom line is it comes down to the individual to make it happen. of course he has benefited from having a team round him but again, without that self work ethic and desire to make something of his talent, then it means little.

we've always been exposed defensively under wenger, even the title winning teams shipped a decent amount of goals, the difference is back then we could afford to out shoot opponents and whilst other teams around us have tightened up defensively since mourinho came and went, we haven't done the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post

i need your thesis on how, when and where

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Did anyone say that, opf is it you picking and choosing what you want to start a fight. People are Pissed because he has been acting lika a cunt lately. Until he leaves the Club he should keep acting like a proper Captain not a Pussy who needs his pals to do all his talking for him.

And if we have failed to win trophies in his time here, they he is part of the problem too, he don't get exepempt because he was our star player.

He will never be remembered as an Arsenal great anyway
    I personally don't think it's been anywhere near as bad as you're making out, he's not slagged off he club, he's not said if you don't sell me I'll strike etc...Barca want him and he's happy to move back, who wouldn't be to a club like that when you're at a club who have now got a reputation of being proven losers.....with a manager who won't change?

One player does not make a team, a team is a sum of it's parts....Wenger has failed to build a good enough team that's why we've failed to win trophies, with better signings we'd have won stuff with Cesc.

Like I said people have got very bitter and yet the man who is really to blame get's a much easier ride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    You cant be serious?
    I hold our best (and most highly-paid) players to the highest standards.

you can spinelessly blame the tea-boy or denilson if you like tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i need your thesis on how, when and where
    he had one good game after dec/jan and that was against milan in the san siro.

its clear that the first few months of that season were teams being caught cold by the new post-henry fabregas-driven arsenal.

he was found out as the nights drew in. only wenger giving him a new position salvaged him a player in this league.
    Last edited by BOBN; 12-08-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everyone makes the most of opportunities given to them, you can push and shove all you want but bottom line is it comes down to the individual to make it happen. of course he has benefited from having a team round him but again, without that self work ethic and desire to make something of his talent, then it means little.

we've always been exposed defensively under wenger, even the title winning teams shipped a decent amount of goals, the difference is back then we could afford to out shoot opponents and whilst other teams around us have tightened up defensively since mourinho came and went, we haven't done the same.
    I have no issue with any of that. My point is that Farbregas has benefitted from AFC probably as much as AFC has benefitted from him. Difference is that AFC hasn't ended the relationship by being a bit of a cunt.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter