User Tag List

Page 1010 of 1391 FirstFirst ... 10510910960100010081009101010111012102010601110 ... LastLast
Results 10,091 to 10,100 of 13902

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally don't mind the Europa, what bugs me is how we don't take it seriously at all, it's a European trophy and can get you in the CL which for me is far far better than getting 4th place which let's face it is a position for losers.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't go down the revisionism route about Wenger - his position is already untenable without us needing to engage in this silliness.

He was a fucking fantastic manager once upon a time who had a clear footballing philosophy and could get the best out of his players. Those days are long gone now and he's regressed to a terrible manager with no idea about how to implement of style of football into the current football environment and wastes away the careers of talented footballers.

And putting Ashely Cole's development solely on Tony Adams? Give me a break. If Adams was that brilliant he wouldn't have been such an abysmal failure as a coach/manager since then at a string of clubs and publicly embarrassed himself at them. He kind of reminds me of Sol in the weird sense of over importance he has on his own abilities despite having done jack shit mangerially.

I want Wenger gone as much as the next person but I don't have time for some of the BS spouted by some of our former players, some of whom are too afraid too go into coaching and prefer to take the easier option of working in the media. In particular I'm looking at Thierry here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I said it's why Ox left not that Ox has arrived at Liverpool and instantly a better player. The damage to Ox has been done and it will take time for him to unlearn the bullshit at Arsenal.

Everyone here said Ox would be a far better player than Walcott. Now look at him. Ox has all the physical and technical tools in his locker to be a top player except the decision making and consistency with execution. We have many players that have that same problem.... Theo, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs. We had high hopes for all of them. Iwobi is going through the same problem right now. Bellerin too. Nelson next if Wenger stays on.
    yeah Nelson is amazing for the youth team (and i;ve seen him play whole matches against Citeh and Yanited youth) but the few times Wenger has played him it's been out of position and you can see he's not given the right support - players are just thrown out there with no direction

players talk about Wenger being remote - if so he clearly can't have much influence on them

and as for Ox, he's already shaping up under Klopp - played a big part in their 2-0 win the other day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    yeah Nelson is amazing for the youth team (and i;ve seen him play whole matches against Citeh and Yanited youth) but the few times Wenger has played him it's been out of position and you can see he's not given the right support - players are just thrown out there with no direction

players talk about Wenger being remote - if so he clearly can't have much influence on them

and as for Ox, he's already shaping up under Klopp - played a big part in their 2-0 win the other day
    Wenger's not remote enough, IMO.

Siberia would satisfy me.

But Wenger would miss the plane haggling over the ticket.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    I wouldn't go down the revisionism route about Wenger - his position is already untenable without us needing to engage in this silliness.

He was a fucking fantastic manager once upon a time who had a clear footballing philosophy and could get the best out of his players. Those days are long gone now and he's regressed to a terrible manager with no idea about how to implement of style of football into the current football environment and wastes away the careers of talented footballers.

And putting Ashely Cole's development solely on Tony Adams? Give me a break. If Adams was that brilliant he wouldn't have been such an abysmal failure as a coach/manager since then at a string of clubs and publicly embarrassed himself at them. He kind of reminds me of Sol in the weird sense of over importance he has on his own abilities despite having done jack shit mangerially.

I want Wenger gone as much as the next person but I don't have time for some of the BS spouted by some of our former players, some of whom are too afraid too go into coaching and prefer to take the easier option of working in the media. In particular I'm looking at Thierry here.
    I'm pretty damn sure everyone benefitted from working with Adams on a pitch, day in day out, and given Wenger's own bullshit theories on what makes good coaching, it doesn't surprise me a bit that Cole learned more from Adams than Wenger. We can all see Wenger's leadership abilities, or I mean we can't because he doesn't have any. If it seems unlikely that Adams could be a good leader as a player but a shit coach thereafter, why is it so reasonable that Wenger was this genius who suddenly became inept in every way? At least Adams was in different roles. Wenger has been in the same place all this time.

This guy is not going to leave. He's going to have to be hounded out. That's what he's chosen. He has chosen this situation, it hasn't been forced on him.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm pretty damn sure everyone benefitted from working with Adams on a pitch, day in day out, and given Wenger's own bullshit theories on what makes good coaching, it doesn't surprise me a bit that Cole learned more from Adams than Wenger. We can all see Wenger's leadership abilities, or I mean we can't because he doesn't have any. If it seems unlikely that Adams could be a good leader as a player but a shit coach thereafter, why is it so reasonable that Wenger was this genius who suddenly became inept in every way? At least Adams was in different roles. Wenger has been in the same place all this time.

This guy is not going to leave. He's going to have to be hounded out. That's what he's chosen. He has chosen this situation, it hasn't been forced on him.
    Fair enough. Adams may have been a good leader on the pitch but a poor one off it - but Ashley wasn't an exception in terms of players that really blossomed under Wenger. It seems childish then to try and downplay the influence Wenger had on player development considering all the success stories back then. I don't think it's fair to to say that Wenger can be held responsible for everything bad that's going on now without also him then being responsible for all the good things in the past.

And I don't think Wenger or the board for that matter gives a fuck about what pundits on TV say. They barely care about the fans as it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Fair enough. Adams may have been a good leader on the pitch but a poor one off it - but Ashley wasn't an exception in terms of players that really blossomed under Wenger. It seems childish then to try and downplay the influence Wenger had on player development considering all the success stories back then. I don't think it's fair to to say that Wenger can be held responsible for everything bad that's going on now without also him then being responsible for all the good things in the past.

And I don't think Wenger or the board for that matter gives a fuck about what pundits on TV say. They barely care about the fans as it is.
    Dixon may be a pundit now, but he played right alongside Adams in the most successful defence we've had. And he's not the only ex-player who has explained Wenger's lack of input in terms of actual coaching. When you have legends like Wright, a guy who loves Arsenal to the core, speaking up like he has then there may be some fire beneath the smoke.

It's hard to know why Wenger didn't bow out on the multiple occasions that presented themselves. Sure, he may have nothing else in life, but does he really want a life that sees him hounded from pillar to post? What sort of a life is that? Can he not take up a hobby FFS? Everyone ends up having to retire, either by choice or by death. Sounds to me like this guy is choosing the latter and no wonder people are getting fed up with his hijacking of the whole club. It's just gone on way too long. Of course he's going to get heavy flak coming his way.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adams was a monster on the pitch, I see no reason why he wouldn't have given those around him the rub.

Now, Adams the coach is a freak but Dixon is talking about Adams the player isn't he? He's not claiming he should succeed Wenger. Dixon played under Wenger and is likely to be privy to inside information from the club - far more reliable than any hack.

I think we're too quick to pour scorn on what our ex players have to say, especially when speaking out against Lord Wenger.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 06-03-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally wouldn't mind Adams at Arsenal in some form (defensive coach), he's Arsenal through and through and a legend, would happily bring back top players to coach and be part of the setup, they were winners, we could have had Henry here already of course, but Wenger shut that down because he didn't want to be challenged. The managers position however I'd give to someone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Dixon may be a pundit now, but he played right alongside Adams in the most successful defence we've had. And he's not the only ex-player who has explained Wenger's lack of input in terms of actual coaching. When you have legends like Wright, a guy who loves Arsenal to the core, speaking up like he has then there may be some fire beneath the smoke.

It's hard to know why Wenger didn't bow out on the multiple occasions that presented themselves. Sure, he may have nothing else in life, but does he really want a life that sees him hounded from pillar to post? What sort of a life is that? Can he not take up a hobby FFS? Everyone ends up having to retire, either by choice or by death. Sounds to me like this guy is choosing the latter and no wonder people are getting fed up with his hijacking of the whole club. It's just gone on way too long. Of course he's going to get heavy flak coming his way.
    Wenger was never a great manager IMO, his record before he joined us shows that, yes he had an eye for players in the French market which at the time was at it's peak, but for me it was just as much about what he inherited as his ability, the combination worked perfectly, but as a standalone manager having to build everything himself from the bottom up he's average.

This isn't revisionism, it's based on his career and his inability to actually build a successful team without some input from the players he had inherited, now some will say the invincibles were his team, I'd argue all of them learnt from those before them and were winners in their own right.