User Tag List

Page 1022 of 1391 FirstFirst ... 22522922972101210201021102210231024103210721122 ... LastLast
Results 10,211 to 10,220 of 13901

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Even?
    Sorry.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Yes but the point is, no one would belive that Adams was responsible for making Cole the defender he was. In fact Wenger was largely credited with Cole's success, whereas in reality, it seems it was nothing to do with him.
    Again I think most people wouldnt have cared and it wouldnt have had any kind of significant impact on their view of Wenger

People adored Tony Adams, he was called Mr Arsenal so it would have been uncontroversial. It’s only today that we live in a society of such polarised views that this is considered an issue

I remember the absolute slating Wenger got even at the time for games like the 6-1 defeat to United

Was he called a cunt? Were people calling on him to go? No

But they held him just as responsible as the players
    Last edited by HCZ; 07-03-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    No what I’m saying is if that claim had been made at the time, whilst you might have had a few headbangers who would have got upset....not a lot of people would have cared or have been as surprised as you may think. No one thought of Wenger as a great defensive coach, he was lauded for the attacking football and style of play.

Read Amy Lawrence’s book on the unbeaten season it’s not particularly at any large divergence with claims made by defensive players. Wenger knew himself that defensive coaching wasn’t exactly a strength of his anymore than being the assertive managerial type.
    The difference now is whilst he’s always been stubborn, now his ego has inflated that he can’t stand anyone having credit for anything. What Dixon said about Bould makes total and compete sense for me
    I disagree with this what would have happened is that people would have claimed that was ridiculous and that Wenger extended Adams career and that Adams would be nowhere without him.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point I think NQ is trying to make, is that there are still a number of fans that think Wenger deserves some kind of respect with how he leaves the club, a level of dignity, if you will, afforded to someone who deserves to quietly slip away as a cherished memory.

Maybe 3-4 years ago, Wenger deserved that to some extent, and he would have gotten it from the majority of the fans.

Unfortunately, he has stubbornly refused to go quietly with his dignity intact. He signed a new contract in a blatantly dodgy way, took extra money for doing so whilst maintaining all of his negatives but increasing them and taking us further down the plughole.

After all his other faults he has also attacked the fans and blamed us for poor results which is a no no, end of story.

The truth is, he deserves to be sacked & paraded through the streets naked whilst people throw horseshit at him. He has lost his dignity through his own actions but yet there are still fans that think he deserves to stay until the end of the season which I really cannot get my head around ????

Does he really deserve 9 more games and a last 16 EL competition to ruin us even further? Does he?

The answer is NO

He has lied and stubbornly cheated his way to where he is, and now it is time for it to come to an undignified and abrupt end.
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 07-03-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again I think most people wouldnt have cared and it wouldnt have had any kind of significant impact on their view of Wenger

People adored Tony Adams, he was called Mr Arsenal so it would have been uncontroversial. It’s only today that we live in a society of such polarised views that this is considered an issue

I remember the absolute slating Wenger got even at the time for games like the 6-1 defeat to United

Was he called a cunt? Were people calling on him to go? No

But they held him just as responsible as the players
    See Zim's reply

HCZ
    I used the term zero sum yesterday to describe the claim that Dixon made that Bould did work with the defence and that stopped when the media recognised we looked better defensively.

That if you give credit to someone it means taking it away from someone else

My argument is that telling people Adams made Cole the attitude wouldn’t have been that you were impugning Wenger

The attitude would be that Adams was even more of “the boy” than we thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the term zero sum yesterday to describe the claim that Dixon made that Bould did work with the defence and that stopped when the media recognised we looked better defensively.

That if you give credit to someone it means taking it away from someone else

My argument is that telling people Adams made Cole the attitude wouldn’t have been that you were impugning Wenger

The attitude would be that Adams was even more of “the boy” than we thought
    Of course that is what it would have meant. No one would believe that Cole was all down to Adams, and if Adams had of said that at the time, people would more likely have taken the piss and called him a drunk.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I disagree with this what would have happened is that people would have claimed that was ridiculous and that Wenger extended Adams career and that Adams would be nowhere without him.
    Adams would be nowhere without Wenger

The only people that would have ever made such a claim are people that were born after Wenger became manager

Adams was a legend, and it was for what he achieved under GG

Adams credited Wenger for extending his career but even in his biography published in the early 2000s said he felt Graham was the better coach. I don’t remember Adams being pilloried for this

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Of course that is what it would have meant. No one would believe that Cole was all down to Adams, and if Adams had of said that at the time, people would more likely have taken the piss and called him a drunk.
    I don’t know what Arsenal fans you associated with

The age of social media and polarisation has probably given Wenger this past aura of infallibility in the eyes of people who cry for the moon.

But what I’m saying is that at the time, Wenger was loved, considered the best manager we ever had. But he was not considered infallible
    Last edited by HCZ; 07-03-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Backed him - with a long string of conditions. All of which he failed to meet. The part you always leave out.
    Whatevz. I don't care how or when or why you changed your mind.
    The point is, we now agree Wenger should not be our manager.
    I told you what I'm doing about that.
    What are you doing besides whining on here? What do you think others should be doing?