User Tag List

Page 104 of 1060 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 10599

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone remember when we signed Bergkamp? It was unreal, a genuine world talent coming to Arsenal. I kept reading the same articles in the papers over and over, it was hard to believe. Then a string of top talent followed and we were treated to probably the best football any of us will ever see. But it was the Bergkamp signing that announced something significant was happening at the club.

Days long gone and now our marvellous football has turned into a steady flow of sewage. I can't recall a time that was even close to the general low associated with everything at this club, caused by the miserable rats who stuffed their wallets and turned the keys over to a giant, sucking leech. We've endured years of seeing these bloodsuckers profit by selling off the team and making profits in the transfer windows. This weekend we go into a do or die game hoping we can pip a club we used to wipe our shoes on, the manager and players will celebrate finishing 4th as if that's some kind of trophy. If this club ever needed a spark it's now.

That spark isn't some injury prone freebie from the French feeder leagues, he's just another reminder of rotting stench that surrounds the club. Hard luck on the kid and I hope he's the next Henry - but let's get real, he's not or else somebody else would want him. We've rummaged in the very bottom of the most remote bin and dragged something out again. Why any fan would expect to be pleased I'm not sure.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rooooney

Come to papa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringBoringArsenal View Post
    Thought Merts was our best CB.

And I understand why fans are having a moan. Just seems like the same old cheap shit approach even though we've been hearing of a 70 and 100 mil war chest now at Wenger's disposal.
    Season ticket renewal speech.

We won't be spending this summer, certainly not the fees that are being banded around, it would completely go against what Arsene and the board believe in.

This is what will happen.

1. A few weeks after the season has ended. Arsene will say this.

"We only buy super quality, I will be in the market"

2. A few weeks before the season starts having spent the summer putting in a few insulting bids for players to no avail, Arsene will say this.

"We may add 1 or maybe 2 players of super quality, we wait for the other teams to finish their business"

3. A few days before the season starts, no buys, but mounting pressure from fans and the media. Arsene will say this.

"I am very happy with my squad, they have fantastic potential and spirit"

4. November time, already out of the title race, struggling for form. Mounting pressure from the fans and media. Arsene will say this.

"In England everybody thinks the solution is to buy, we work with our solutions internally, the squad has huge potential, desire and spirit. You want me to buy Messi and Ronaldo but we don't have the money. We work with our internal solution".

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

We won't be spending this summer, certainly not the fees that are being banded around, it would completely go against what Arsene and the board believe in.

2. A few weeks before the season starts having spent the summer putting in a few insulting bids for players to no avail, Arsene will say this.

"We may add 1 or maybe 2 players of super quality, we wait for the other teams to finish their business"

3. A few days before the season starts, no buys, but mounting pressure from fans and the media. Arsene will say this.

4. November time, already out of the title race, struggling for form. Mounting pressure from the fans and media. Arsene will say this.

"In England everybody thinks the solution is to buy, we work with our solutions internally, the squad has huge potential, desire and spirit. You want me to buy Messi and Ronaldo but we don't have the money. We work with our internal solution".
    Your prediction doesn't count. You cheated. You looked at the last 5 seasons where the same shit has happened over and over again

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal are expected to sign Queens Park Rangers' 33-year-old Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar.
    Full story: Daily Mirror
    We might finally have a quality keeper again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Your prediction doesn't count. You cheated. You looked at the last 5 seasons where the same shit has happened over and over again

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

the board bought park for marketing reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The frustration of the Nation of Arsenal is understandable. . .it wants its money used in a hurry on world class talent before it can be secretly (or not so secretly) pockted by the powers that be. . ,

This Yaya does not tick any of the expectation boxes but lets be real about this, IF at all we do enter business to sign world class, no discussin will take place before te seasons across Europe end,. There may be some behind the scenes chatter but nothing we will get wind of.

I think its just a case of couldnt afford the chance of lettng this guy slip through the net, although he doe fall well short of we think we should be in for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chavs are linked with players x,y,z and there's a strong chance they'll get them. Same with city, same with utd, I'd even bank on the spuds getting at least a couple of their targets. We are linked with several big names (mostly on the back of the media assuming we have this £70mill to spend). Chances of us making any of those big name signings? As close to zero as makes no odds. The young French nobody signing is indicative of what has happened in the past. As a fan the last thing I want to see for yet another season is indicators we are doing the same old shit as usual. I'd like to think the transfer rumours had an outside possibility of happening (or at least consider them not 100% ridiculous and unrealistic), yes even though the shit is coming through the media. We are supposed to be a big club but the idea of us signing a big player seems ludicrous. That's the problem. We await to be pleasantly surprised and meanwhile we are typically unimpressed with the latest goings on in the French bargain basement.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We can improve that to 4 consecutive games so don't see what the problem is. Great signing. Free, injury prone, untested, unknown, uncontested by the big clubs, unlikely to make any impact whatsoever. What's not to love?
    £50k a week?