User Tag List

Page 1084 of 1404 FirstFirst ... 845849841034107410821083108410851086109411341184 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,840 of 14035

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I see this re-hashed time and time again about Auba and Laca, we were 40 million in credit due to all the players sales before we bought him, so in fact he didn't cost us a lot, so actually our spend is very low. I am looking into the spend because we were told we had 50-60 million before the summer and that's how it's turned out and whichever way you look at it that's pocked change these days, even small clubs spend more (and now we're trying to sell).

Even if you ignore the American side, you can look at what he's done since he's been with us, we've not been competitve, he's been more than hapy with 4th place and supported Wenger for years when he underachieved so that speaks volumes for me.

Once he takes 100% control there's nothing you can do, nothing will happen unless we start falling away, if we got CL football ever other year that would be enough, basically game over.
    Does it matter how the money was raised? We spent close to £100m the season before that on Mustafi and Xhaka with hardly any sales to finances those moves. We've spent around £70m this year with few sales. You criticise the waste when it comes to how we hand out new contracts and the players we sign but also criticise when we decide to sell off some deadwood to finance new sales. You criticise anything and everything Arsenal related but have nothing but good things to say about clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool. Why are you a Gooner? That’s a serious question. Why support Arsenal? What’s good about us? If we’re in for a shit show whilst Stan is in charge, why bother to support this club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Does it matter how the money was raised? We spent close to £100m the season before that on Mustafi and Xhaka with hardly any sales to finances those moves. We've spent around £70m this year with few sales. You criticise the waste when it comes to how we hand out new contracts and the players we sign but also criticise when we decide to sell off some deadwood to finance new sales. You criticise anything and everything Arsenal related but have nothing but good things to say about clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool. Why are you a Gooner? That’s a serious question. Why support Arsenal? What’s good about us? If we’re in for a shit show whilst Stan is in charge, why bother to support this club?
    Are you seriously asking me that question, of course it matters because it's not the club spending it's the club using money it's received from sales, the profits are untouched, the point is to improve you have to invest like everyone else, not just selling and use that money.

More like 70 million, can't remember the balance sheet but again pretty sure we covered a fair bit of that.

I criticise when handing out contracts to deadwood yes, I expect us to sign up the better players but I'm not interested in losers like Xhaka that are a waste of space, would rather we got rid now.

That's untrue, we've made some decent signings, Torreira and the French guy but at the same time I'll say when I feel we haven't spend in the right places.
    In reality unlike other top clubs we never look for the best, player wise, manager wise it's all the same, all the other top clubs don't settle they go for the best because they are totally focussed on success and that's the big difference between us and them.

You know why that is though don't you, it's because of the guy at the top that doesn't really care if we're a success on the pitch either way, everything comes from the top, the same person who was happy with having a serial loser at the helm for so long, a guy ony interested in the finances.

We'll see what Emery can do and I hope he does a good job, hard to see where we can go with such a low budget (clearly the club haven't backed him which is pretty unusual with a new manager at a big club) and so much deadwood at the moment, it will take quite a few years to get back challenging IMO, but and this is a big but, it may not happen at all with Kroenke at the helm because winning isn't his priority.
    Last edited by Özim; 07-08-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you seriously asking me that question, of course it matters because it's not the club spending it's the club using money it's received from sales, the profits are untouched, the point is to improve you have to invest like everyone else, not just selling and use that money.

More like 70 million, can't remember the balance sheet but again pretty sure we covered a fair bit of that.

I criticise when handing out contracts to deadwood yes, I expect us to sign up the better players but I'm not interested in losers like Xhaka that are a waste of space, would rather we got rid now.

That's untrue, we've made some decent signings, Torreira and the French guy but at the same time I'll say when I feel we haven't spend in the right places.
    In reality unlike other top clubs we never look for the best, player wise, manager wise it's all the same, all the other top clubs don't settle they go for the best because they are totally focussed on success and that's the big difference between us and them.

You know why that is though don't you, it's because of the guy at the top that doesn't really care if we're a success on the pitch either way, everything comes from the top, the same person who was happy with having a serial loser at the helm for so long, a guy ony interested in the finances.

We'll see what Emery can do and I hope he does a good job, hard to see where we can go with such a low budget (clearly the club haven't backed him which is pretty unusual with a new manager at a big club) and so much deadwood at the moment, it will take quite a few years to get back challenging IMO, but and this is a big but, it may not happen at all with Kroenke at the helm because winning isn't his priority.
    As I just pointed out, we had two seasons in a row where we didn't make any massive gains from player sales. Sorry...5 seasons in a row where we spent significantly more than what we brought in from player sales.

You never feel like we spend money on the right players or in the right places and even if we do (Aubameyang) you'll criticise how we financed the deal despite not rating a single player we sold to make the moves happen (Ox, Theo, Giroud). Where is the common sense in that?

Let's get to the main point. Why do you support Arsenal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I just pointed out, we had two seasons in a row where we didn't make any massive gains from player sales. Sorry...5 seasons in a row where we spent significantly more than what we brought in from player sales.

You never feel like we spend money on the right players or in the right places and even if we do (Aubameyang) you'll criticise how we financed the deal despite not rating a single player we sold to make the moves happen (Ox, Theo, Giroud). Where is the common sense in that?

Let's get to the main point. Why do you support Arsenal?
    That should be the norm, every other big club does it, it shouldn't be anything special, I'm not sure about that to be honest so would need to look at our spend.

Wrong again, happy to buy Auba, I'm not criticising it but the way I see it any spending for us should be above that, that was just spending money we have not money from profits. I actually rated Ox very highly and was happy with selling the others but as mentioned we should spend that and some of the profits every season like every other club.

Why is that even relevant, why does anyone support a sportsman or club, because it's they're favourite generally.

In answer to your question though basically because they're the club I've always supported since I started watching football in the Graham years and the one I associate with the most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really no need to get on each others nerves over this. It's a done deal. Fait accompli. No one is going to buy Usmanovs shares with no say and no prospect of future ownership. I'm surprised that Stan is even offering him top dollar per share. He could have offered less and what would the Uzbek do?

We as fans will just have to suck it up and hope for the best. It's like falling out of a 70 storey building. You can ask either scream all the way down or remember all the fine women you've encountered. "Mmmmm Beyonce........... .."
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That should be the norm, every other big club does it, it shouldn't be anything special, I'm not sure about that to be honest so would need to look at our spend.

Wrong again, happy to buy Auba, I'm not criticising it but the way I see it any spending for us should be above that, that was just spending money we have not money from profits. I actually rated Ox very highly and was happy with selling the others but as mentioned we should spend that and some of the profits every season like every other club.

Why is that even relevant, why does anyone support a sportsman or club, because it's they're favourite generally.

In answer to your question though basically because they're the club I've always supported since I started watching football in the Graham years and the one I associate with the most.
    Look up the transfer history.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-a...fers/verein/11

Compare that to Chelsea's spending over the last 5 years. They sell a shit load to finance there deals but where is the scrutiny?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-che...ers/verein/631

I don't care about spreadsheets and net spending. It's only the football that matters.

How do you associate with us the most? We're at odds on playing style, how we're run and players we sign. We've had a real shitty period under Wenger recently but I question why continue on if we all can't get behind the club now at this point? If there is no hope under Kroenke, what's the point in following Arsenal?

Unlike you, I have some sort of hope for Kroenke and the same goes for Gazidis. Same goes for Emery and the players we sign in fact. If I didn't have that, I'd stop supporting. If it's to the point where my support is just toxic, I'd have to question why I even bother especially if I get no joy from watching the games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look up the transfer history.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-a...fers/verein/11

Compare that to Chelsea's spending over the last 5 years. They sell a shit load to finance there deals but where is the scrutiny?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-che...ers/verein/631

I don't care about spreadsheets and net spending. It's only the football that matters.

How do you associate with us the most? We're at odds on playing style, how we're run and players we sign. We've had a real shitty period under Wenger recently but I question why continue on if we all can't get behind the club now at this point? If there is no hope under Kroenke, what's the point in following Arsenal?

Unlike you, I have some sort of hope for Kroenke and the same goes for Gazidis. Same goes for Emery and the players we sign in fact. If I didn't have that, I'd stop supporting. If it's to the point where my support is just toxic, I'd have to question why I even bother especially if I get no joy from watching the games.
    Fair enough, we're rubbish at transfers and waste money on players with no value and get rubbish transfer fees, but if we go back further we can see our net spend was low whereas Chelsea's was very high so they increased the value of their squad significantly allowing them to make more money back hence the reason they're able to recoup a lot, which we can't.

Interesting that Liverpools net spend this summer is 150, last year they were just 6 million up so they've spend 144 odd million. The look at Man U and you can see they've spent a shedload, likewise City so my point kinda stands.

How, they're the club I've always supported, they're the club I want to succeed not anyone else, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy with everything especially given we haven't competed for years and look unlikely to do so.

I'm reasonably happy with Emery, but bringing him in does show one thing, where other big clubs generally go after the bigger names, in a way we've gone for someone lesser who has just come off relative failure at PSG, he may do a great job and I hope he does (and I'm sure happy we chose him over that Arteta guy who has no record) but he wasn't one of the top options like the guy at Juve or Simeone for example. I guess that shows that we're no longer really top tier though and the appointment reflects that.

That's good for you, but for me Kroenke has had years to prove himself and I would rather have had Usmanov a guy interested in football at the helm, at least he may have invested and wanted to see us successful on the pitch, which is at you've said many times what you're interested in and something that Kroenke has shown no interest in (he doesn't even come to most matches). We already know he's happy with top 4 and isn't too bothered about success, it's proven by his time here (and in the US), why would it change now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Really no need to get on each others nerves over this. It's a done deal. Fait accompli. No one is going to buy Usmanovs shares with no say and no prospect of future ownership. I'm surprised that Stan is even offering him top dollar per share. He could have offered less and what would the Uzbek do?

We as fans will just have to suck it up and hope for the best. It's like falling out of a 70 storey building. You can ask either scream all the way down or remember all the fine women you've encountered. "Mmmmm Beyonce........... .."
    Thing is Stan doesn't need the other 30%, he controls the club anyway, you have to ask yourself why he's willing to borrow to buy the rest of it, the only reason can be so he can make even more money doing whatever suits him with the club (borrowing against it if he wants to at any stage).

We're just a business to him, a business that makes money and doesn't need any input, the best kind of business really, the football side is just a distraction he doesn't need, there's a good reason he never comes to matches and rarely does any interviews, he's not bothered.
    Last edited by Özim; 07-08-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, we're rubbish at transfers and waste money on players with no value and get rubbish transfer fees, but if we go back further we can see our net spend was low whereas Chelsea's was very high so they increased the value of their squad significantly allowing them to make more money back hence the reason they're able to recoup a lot, which we can't.

Interesting that Liverpools net spend this summer is 150, last year they were just 6 million up so they've spend 144 odd million. The look at Man U and you can see they've spent a shedload, likewise City so my point kinda stands.

How, they're the club I've always supported, they're the club I want to succeed not anyone else, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy with everything especially given we haven't competed for years and look unlikely to do so.

I'm reasonably happy with Emery, but bringing him in does show one thing, where other big clubs generally go after the bigger names, in a way we've gone for someone lesser who has just come off relative failure at PSG, he may do a great job and I hope he does (and I'm sure happy we chose him over that Arteta guy who has no record) but he wasn't one of the top options like the guy at Juve or Simeone for example. I guess that shows that we're no longer really top tier though and the appointment reflects that.

That's good for you, but for me Kroenke has had years to prove himself and I would rather have had Usmanov a guy interested in football at the helm, at least he may have invested and wanted to see us successful on the pitch, which is at you've said many times what you're interested in and something that Kroenke has shown no interest in (he doesn't even come to most matches). We already know he's happy with top 4 and isn't too bothered about success, it's proven by his time here (and in the US), why would it change now.
    We're a club you follow out of tradition. If you don't believe we're ever going to get to a certain standard under Kroenke, then what are you doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're a club you follow out of tradition. If you don't believe we're ever going to get to a certain standard under Kroenke, then what are you doing?
    Firstly I was hoping this would never happen and that he sold the club on or sold to Usmanov for a high enough offer, it seems it's not the case and the guy has realised this is his reliable source of money and despite having no interest as a sport wants the whole business so he can most likely borrow against it so he can fund his next business venture or something along those lines.

Now it has, it is what it is, you just hope you have a manager with some ambition to win, time will tell, as I said not sure whether Emery will be a success or not, I liked how PSG played but didn't really think much of some of the capitulations and of course his budget was much higher there. Did well at Sevilla though I guess winning the Europa a couple times.

Be interesting to see anyway, would have rather he'd got rid of players like Xhaka though, just don't see what he sees in him. For his signings I'll give him 6 out of 10, Torreira is excellent, Leno is an unknown not top notch but has potential but we don't know whether he'll ever realise it, Sokratis is a bit slow, Guendouzi has looked decent in pre-season so has some potential and Lichsteiner is a bit meh, competition for Bellerin I guess.

Seems to like Lacazette luckily and he's a quality striker, going forward we're excellent, though we should have maybe signed a winger, not sure about the defence though, still looking dodgy thus far, but we'll see if that changes.

To have any chance against City we'll need a high tempo game where we close them down in our first game, interesting to see if he implements that (that's the only way you can do anything against them IMO as Man U and Liverpool showed last season).
    Last edited by Özim; 07-08-2018 at 12:26 PM.