User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Draxler Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    I think it needs the owl treatment, personally.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Holtby close to joining Schalke I think the German Sky Sports said.

Spuds aren't helping us out again, surely? I might just have to rethink my stance on ground sharing if this keeps up.
    Surely you jest!?
    But yeah, I'm starting to believe that Levy is a double agent. First Redknapp, AVB and now Sherwood it's like he's actively seeking out the most myopic and damaging managers in the game.
    Then again I've been binge watching Homeland so my mind is full of conspiracy theories.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the non-flying dutchman View Post
    Surely you jest!?
    But yeah, I'm starting to believe that Levy is a double agent. First Redknapp, AVB and now Sherwood it's like he's actively seeking out the most myopic and damaging managers in the game.
    Then again I've been binge watching Homeland so my mind is full of conspiracy theories.
    Of course, of course.

Spurs are determined to make North London successful though and I admire that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor old John Cross. Maybe he should get a proper job. This is the trouble with modern journalists, they can't tell the difference between entertainment and news. There are big topics Cross could be writing about, plenty of investigation he could be doing. Instead he's a gossip monger, looking for seed rumours he can spin into headlines that sell his rag. Fair enough, that's the sort of trivial shite he's hired to do, but he can't then complain if the clubs, managers, fans and anyone who encounters his "work" doesn't take him seriously or has fun pointing out how lightweight his so-called profession really is.
    Für eure Sicherheit

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    Wenger is the consummate poker player to the point that it becomes maddening hard to parse who he's actually gonna go for in any particular transfer window. I hope that rumours of Dick Law heading a delegation to Germany ring true cos after getting confirmation on Ramsey's injury our midfield does seem light (then when the Welsh maestro get back we can push the new wunderkind upfront).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was anyone but Wenger, I'd be pretty confident we'd sign one or two players given our injuries and our lack of quality up front, but Wenger is a complicated character who always seems to see things differently to everyone else, he often looks at what he has and looks for in house solutions and convinces himself they exist when perhaps they don't.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ When your the type of manager that can transform wingers into strikers at near clockwork basis, then I guess you can understand his hubris. Still... I'd love me some Draxler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Draxler looks a very talented player and I'd love us to sign him, but I do think most other managers would be looking for a striker rather than a player to convert to a striking role.

I'm not saying Draxler can't be that player of course, but realistically a transformation from winger to striker will take some time, he's only young as well so probably has a lot of developing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    If it was anyone but Wenger, I'd be pretty confident we'd sign one or two players given our injuries and our lack of quality up front, but Wenger is a complicated character who always seems to see things differently to everyone else, he often looks at what he has and looks for in house solutions and convinces himself they exist when perhaps they don't.
    He's absolutely infuriating. But, in an age of extreme financial doping he has kept us in the CL, steered us into a financially strong position and generally kept us in or around the top of the game. But there's a conservatism to him that he would probably justify by pointing to the end result but I guess the fans are agitated by because we're always left wondering what could have been achieved if we'd just applied a bit more. A player here, a substitution there. Wenger's a long game player, not ideal for fans who want it today.
    Für eure Sicherheit