Page 111 of 263 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Who could we have bought instead? Would you have taken Morata or Lukaku over Lacazette?
    I'd have taken Lukaku over him though probably not for the price tag. If the question was who would I rather regardless of money then yeah, I'd probably say Lukaku.

I thought we should have signed somebody like Aubameyang. I know he wouldn't be cheap but we've been without a world class striker for too many years now, the end is nigh with Sanchez and when it wasn't nigh, Wenger didn't want to continue playing him at CF anyway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I'd have taken Lukaku over him though probably not for the price tag. If the question was who would I rather regardless of money then yeah, I'd probably say Lukaku.

I thought we should have signed somebody like Aubameyang. I know he wouldn't be cheap but we've been without a world class striker for too many years now, the end is nigh with Sanchez and when it wasn't nigh, Wenger didn't want to continue playing him at CF anyway!
    I hear that. I guess with Lukaku we could afford to a play a more direct physical game as well as the pass pass finesse stuff. The price tag is crazy but i'd be ok with that if we felt he'd make a significant difference to how we play.

Willing to give Lacazette a chance but I have a feeling he is going to have to really fight to get goals from this team. I worry Wenger will push him wide and play Giroud up front.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post

Football is fast becoming done for me.

Even went to a Super League game the other week. Didn't really know what was going on nor who anyone was, but didn't really care. It was fast paced, fun to watch, you could sit there with a pint and it didn't cost the earth for the privilege. That does sound a bit pretentious, but the only thing keeping me interested in football is to keep up with the arguments in work. Apart from that
    Exact same for me.

I barely post here anymore because I just can't be arsed with the same shit anymore.

I'm no longer watching the games live. No longer even bothering to watch the highlights of goals which are like 10 seconds too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I hear that. I guess with Lukaku we could afford to a play a more direct physical game as well as the pass pass finesse stuff. The price tag is crazy but i'd be ok with that if we felt he'd make a significant difference to how we play.

Willing to give Lacazette a chance but I have a feeling he is going to have to really fight to get goals from this team. I worry Wenger will push him wide and play Giroud up front.
    Why worry about an inevitability? Just be thankful Wenger hasn't spotted any CB traits. Yet.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Exact same for me.

I barely post here anymore because I just can't be arsed with the same shit anymore.

I'm no longer watching the games live. No longer even bothering to watch the highlights of goals which are like 10 seconds too.
    I think posting here is the only thing left connecting me to the club.

GW
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we safe to add Lemar to the almost signed pile, along with Mbappe?

Gone very quiet for a deal that was definitely done last week.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

GW
    haha yeah mate

only so much WENKER OUT shit we can keep harping on about.

Nothing will change and I'm no longer interested in the game anymore either.

Which is funny, because now I can afford to go to more games here and there whereas I couldn't in the past!

I'll try and stick to 2-3 games a season, maybe less, there's just no draw anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW
    Pretty much. There were games last season I only followed through the match threads - even when they were live on TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here.

I appreciate money will always be a factor in the sport, but when it becomes THE FACTOR it isn't a sport any longer.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. But one thing they certainly have achieved. They've corrupted the transfer market beyond repair with their obscene antics.
    Can't be too upset with the new money clubs landing a good punch on Barca and La Liga. They've been doing this to other clubs for years. It's the clubs like Utd and Real that have corrupted the transfer market but they cry foul when beaten at their own game by new money clubs. Fuck em. Why cry for them?