User Tag List

Page 117 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1181

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a pretty good presser, to be fair. Been listening to the radio all morning and it’s amazing how much all the journos have changed their tune? Don’t know how long it will last, but they’re all rooting for him this morning...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does seem to exude confidence which is good. Probably helps knowing the language...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked this part:

Asked directly if Arsenal had lost their identity, Arteta told Arsenal.com: ‘Unfortunately, yes. That’s my feeling.

That’s something we have to recover. We have to make little adjustments. Now the timing for training is not a lot, so visually the players have to understand the ideas I want to bring to them.

‘You will see some changes where we want to head on. The direction is going to be very clear and it is not going to be negotiable.

‘We need the players to be on board with the right attitude and the right commitment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see him get rid of Ozil in the next 2 weeks.

I've never seen a more gutless, soulless, heartless and most of the time, talentless player.

He has been at Arsenal over 6 years, still has 18 months on his contract and gets 350k a week.

Only Arsenal could be so pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    I'd love to see him get rid of Ozil in the next 2 weeks.

I've never seen a more gutless, soulless, heartless and most of the time, talentless player.

He has been at Arsenal over 6 years, still has 18 months on his contract and gets 350k a week.

Only Arsenal could be so pathetic.

he definitely seems to have an attitude problem though i'm sure Arteta will want to make his own mind up about him

if he's not a fan then I guess the only plus is that Ozil has been playing lately and for my money actually been a decent player for us which might actually persuade someone one to buy him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh, his performances and attitude are irrelevant at this point - he needs to go simply because his wages are no longer sustainable. We can’t afford him - why even analyse it beyond that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raul and Edu’s thoughts on the hire...

https://www.arsenal.com/news/were-ve...g-do-great-job

A lot of vague waffle in there, but a couple of points stood out...

1) It sounds like this move was very much driven by Edu, and came down to who he felt he would work best with, and...

2) Raul seemed happy to back Edu’s judgment.

That first point is really important for me, because the only way I see us achieving the cultural shift and clarity of vision / identity that we all want is if Arteta, Mertesacker and Edu are all singing from the same hymn sheet, and the message is consistent at all levels of the club. We already know that Arteta and Mertesacker have a strong working relationship, but it bodes really well if Arteta and Edu are also in alignment in their views - hopefully we’ll start to see some joined-up thinking with everything we’re doing.

Fair play to Raul letting Edu run with this one - no point in hiring these people unless you actually trust them to do their jobs, but it’s still a risky appointment that could cost all of them their jobs if it goes wrong. Honestly, I haven’t got a clue what Raul and Vinnaib and Josh K really do, but I’m hoping this is a sign that they at least have enough sense to let the football men run the football side of things.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 22-12-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jose has had his say and to be honest I could not agree more.

https://www.metro.co.uk/2019/12/20/j...-11943354/amp/

Again I hope we are all wrong, but the way people spit at relevant experience in hiring, and its not only happening in football, really gets on my nerves.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 22-12-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jose probably wanted the Arsenal job himself (we were considering it I hear) but went to the spuds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, well, joke’s on you Jose - Arteta took charge of one City game against Lyon, and they lost, so he actually has a 100% loss record! Now who looks stupid?
    Last edited by I am invisible; 22-12-2019 at 06:24 PM.