User Tag List

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Approach Woy for England job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go " The players have no come out on twitter and backed him like they did when arry was 1st annonced".

England fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently there have been some polls from the Guardian, F365, Telegraph and others asking who people wanted. All majority votes for Hodgson. But the hacks will continue to claim the whole country wanted Twitchy. The lengths they're going to to further their agenda. Merson saying Twitchy would be good because of his press relations says it all. I'm not really sure why Samuel's still paid to write about football after his holocaust of an article saying Stoke would challenge for the CL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Gerrard didnt back him at all at Liverpool. Interesting to see if he makes Gerrard England captain - I reckon not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jelgoon View Post
    The suggestion that Roy was the stand-out candidate is shit.Who do the FA think they are kidding -nobody. They appointed him for three reasons: 1) they didnt want to pay Spurs upwards of £10million ( Roy costs nothing) 2) Harry's wage demands were likely to be much higher than Roy's 3) Whilst Harry was acquitted of tax fraud charges he doesnt have a great reputation and the FA were probably worried that other matters would emerge and they would have another Venables situation on their hands. Also Bernstein could not have been impressed by Harry's evidence in the tax fraud case when Harry admitted that he was a complete moron who cant count, cant use a computer, cant read and doesnt know how to use a bank account. Hardly England manager material.
    Very good point, with Terry on Racism charges they lookd bad have both with their issues. All this we knew it was roy a month ago is nonsense since people in the fa were still bigging arry up 3 weeks ago.

Like you said woy was free and arry cost a mint to get. But i still think Woy is a better fit then arry as manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Harry is a better man-manager but hes got too much rabbit - never shuts up. The day afte Bale said he may leave Harry came out and said that he wasnt sure that Modcric would stay - couldnt believe it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I hope Woy does well, we won't win the Euro's imo but for his sake i hope we do. The media attention he will get will be unbareable.

Not suprise by what arry said about Modric tbh. The man thinks he is being honest but he just don't know when to keep it quiet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bendtner View Post
    Apparently there have been some polls from the Guardian, F365, Telegraph and others asking who people wanted. All majority votes for Hodgson. But the hacks will continue to claim the whole country wanted Twitchy. The lengths they're going to to further their agenda. Merson saying Twitchy would be good because of his press relations says it all. I'm not really sure why Samuel's still paid to write about football after his holocaust of an article saying Stoke would challenge for the CL.
    Woy is going to need every bit of luck he can get. All this no expectation stuff is nonsense, if we flop he's going to get butchered. I would have preferred Crooknapp because as you mention he's very chummy with the press and also the players love him. That's what the England set up is all about, lads on tour imho.

An intelligent foreign manager like Woy stands no chance.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 01-05-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I think Woy is fairly mediocre himself. Undoubtedly achieved good things in his career, but as much as he would want people to overlook the Liverpool stint, he was badly out of his depth there. His public statements smacked of a guy who couldn't hack it. I think similar may have happened at Blackburn but that was before my time. The England dynamic is the worst of both worlds - lots of pressure to achieve with overhyped players (the ones he'll take to the Euros anyway). If you compare overall there is probably not a great deal between he and Twitchy. The players might love Twitchy at the start but as we've seen at Spurs, he's already shovelling the blame onto them. That dynamic is very fragile. And Twitchy's 'go aht and facking play' stick would be found out very quickly at international level. At least Woy has some sense of pragmatism and idea about player abilities. In all I'd say the FA have gone for the least worst choice, given the other would cost £10m and wouldn't get England any further.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Woy is going to need every bit of luck he can get. All this no expectation stuff is nonsense, if we flop he's going to get butchered. I would have preferred Crooknapp because as you mention he's very chummy with the press and also the players love him. That's what the England set up is all about, lads on tour imho.

An intelligent foreign manager like Woy stands no chance.
    The only way England can win the tournament is if they Greece it, we just don't have the players to play as 'Arry would ("go 'aht there and have fun"). And more importantly the other big name teams do they have those players, in abundance.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greece are going to Greece it again tbh

My sweepstakes record is pretty good