User Tag List

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Samir "The Weasel" Nasri - The Epitome of Wenger's Failings!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    I'm not sure about that to be honest, we paid good money for him and thus giving him 5 years makes good economic sense. If we're not happy we always know we can sell him and get our money back. Now I'm not so sure.

I don't think we should give the kids long contracts as we don't have to pay out much and thus have little to lose, but players we pay good money for should be signed long term.
    I do not disagree but do wonder if there is some league/UEFA rule that addresses this? Is it an Arsenal policy to only give 3 or 4 year contracts to new players?
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    I do not disagree but do wonder if there is some league/UEFA rule that addresses this? Is it an Arsenal policy to only give 3 or 4 year contracts to new players?
    Cesc has a long contract with us. If we're all about building for the future and keeping this team together then we have to do a much better job on the business side of things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This idea of keeping them together is merely a nice thought, in reality Wenger has found it extremely difficult to do this because the team is not successful. Look at the team that started the CL final, how many are still here? Actually, a more relevant comparison would be the best team we've had since the invincibles, which was the 07/08 lot. How many of those are still here? Wenger should stop deluding himself by thinking he can keep an unsuccessful team together. Even the likes of Denilson and Bendtner who represented the notion of developing together from a young age have seen enough. In a few years if we're still trophyless, I imagine the line up will once again have a very different look to it. It's a never ending cycle.

I just feel Wenger's ideology is completely flawed. Footballers only care about themselves and Wenger is barking up the wrong tree with his dewy-eyed approach, it seems very naive from someone as intelligent as he is. In the past, he's been stabbed in the back a few times by the players that owe their big break to him and Nasri looks like he could be the next one.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 06-06-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what if he didn't want a 5 year contract. robinho didnt at milan, nor did cole at liverpool and sneijder at inter milan or villa at barca
    Last edited by Kano; 06-06-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those guys have got more to bargain with because they're big players with experience. You're not buying based on potential with those guys. You expect them to deliver straight off the bat.

It's not always possible to get a 5 year deal, but as I said before, if we can't get a long term deal, just make sure you don't let the player run down his contract and force your hand. If he does, we still have a card to play. Just give him the money and tell him that we expect a return. If it gets him to step his game up, great stuff, but if he continues with this lukewarm form, then sell him, like we did with Adebayor and Cole. Just don't let him walk on a cut down price or free transfer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his agent may well have advised against a 5 year deal to give him this sort of advantage at whatever club he signed for.

so you mean that after a year at arsenal, with three years left offer him a new contract? if not that then after two years? after neither of which he had lived up to that potential. as soon as he did the club offered him a contract.

if he had continued as he did after the first two years his value wouldve gone down to the similar level he is being touted for now not for the £15 mill he was bought for. regardless if he signed a new contract or not. a new contract only protects sell on value when the player actually performs
    Last edited by Kano; 06-06-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he decides to stay and signs another contract, will he still be booed like Adebayor was? IMO, no... I think Adebayor just had the rough end of the stick from the fans. I never understood why.. could be his looks, his english or his teeth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    If he decides to stay and signs another contract, will he still be booed like Adebayor was? IMO, no... I think Adebayor just had the rough end of the stick from the fans. I never understood why.. could be his looks, his english or his teeth!
    His ego....and the fact he spoke in the 3rd person. Also the fact he liked to beat up his teammates....doesn't go down well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    It's a policy agreed between him and the club. AW's regularly talked about how we wouldn't mind freely spending money - AST all say financial restrictions are imposed on the board.

I am sorry but that is patently false! Just a couple of seasons ago, AW said if he was give 100million to spend he will give it back!! ---- that is from the horse's own mouth, matey.

He made his bed; let him lie in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    I am sorry but that is patently false! Just a couple of seasons ago, AW said if he was give 100million to spend he will give it back!! ---- that is from the horse's own mouth, matey.
    And you believed him?