User Tag List

Page 15 of 458 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Here we are, typical Arsenal, classic WUMger. Fucking around avoiding what we need to do so we can play the "one for the future" game again. Name them - all the "ones for the future" who have broken through to the first team and played regularly.

SPEND SOME FUCKING MONEY!
    It's terrifying given what is happening with Chambers who we paid 16mill for. I have no faith in Wenger to develop any young defender adequately, assuming we sign Holding he'll get a game here and there and be moved all around the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Campbell, who deserves to have landed many more starts but is overlooked by Wenger for some inexplicable reason. Wenger doesn't want to know unless he can vandalise these youngsters by instilling the Arsenal Way. Tip, tap, sideways, back. Campbell hasn't done enough of that and he's paying the price. He'll be gone too. Then there is the Polish kid we picked up on the cheap, another next big thing. The Brazilian kid who is supposed to be red hot but does anyone know where he is? Youngsters would want to think long and hard before coming anywhere near this club.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Bayern Munich, won the league alst saturday, already signed up two players ti improve their squad and have a manager (Ancelotti) with plenty of trophies to his name.

Proper clubs dont fuck about.
    Exactly, but then Bayern are interested in winning trophies, coming 3rd/4th is of no interest to them. I guess we should be grateful with what we have, without Wenger we'd be nothing, probably be playing in the Rymans league by now or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hype killed Walcott from day #1. Next big England thing, on the plane before he'd kicked a ball at the top level.
    Yeah he was way overhyped, somehow we signed Walcott and missed out on a player who was far more talented in Bale, we also managed to pay this guy what 140k a week, a job well done. Pat on the back for the messiah Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Campbell, who deserves to have landed many more starts but is overlooked by Wenger for some inexplicable reason. Wenger doesn't want to know unless he can vandalise these youngsters by instilling the Arsenal Way. Tip, tap, sideways, back. Campbell hasn't done enough of that and he's paying the price. He'll be gone too. Then there is the Polish kid we picked up on the cheap, another next big thing. The Brazilian kid who is supposed to be red hot but does anyone know where he is? Youngsters would want to think long and hard before coming anywhere near this club.
    Football is about picking your favourites, that's how you win, if you picked the players who performed best you'd be in trouble.

You need to nurture your favourites, wrap them in cotton wool (especially on the treatment table where they usually spend most of their time), give them regular and substantial pay rises for doing nothing and most importantly deflect all blame away from them and onto the fans when they don't perform.

If you do that you'll be 2% away from domination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Walcott should have moved on from Arsenal a long time ago and followed the moves of Sturridge and Welbeck, two other players that felt under utilised at their former clubs and wanted to play as strikers. Both players moved early enough in their careers to learn the role and settle in. Walcott is now 27 and has wasted a huge chunk of his career. He’s neither winger or striker, injury prone and really hasn’t developed the essential skills needed to play up front or wide. He’s still very raw and inconsistent. He has to pray he hits the ground running at his next club or it’s lights out on his career. He’s had some bad advisors around him and Wenger hasn’t done him any favours with this silly development plan. All those years playing him on the right wing for what?
    Plenty of blame to go around with Walcott, but I still lay most of it with the player - 337 appearances is more than enough chances to have made one of these roles his own, but he doesn't seem to have learned a damn thing?! Even if we assume that Wenger has been sitting on his hands, you'd have thought he might have picked something up from working with the team mates he's had over the years? Or even from the cumulative experience of having played 337 times at the top level? It boggles the mind!

Anyway, whatever... I just can't be bothered with him any more. Ship him out. Move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Plenty of blame to go around with Walcott, but I still lay most of it with the player - 337 appearances is more than enough chances to have made one of these roles his own, but he doesn't seem to have learned a damn thing?! Even if we assume that Wenger has been sitting on his hands, you'd have thought he might have picked something up from working with the team mates he's had over the years? Or even from the cumulative experience of having played 337 times at the top level? It boggles the mind!

Anyway, whatever... I just can't be bothered with him any more. Ship him out. Move on.
    I still think Walcott has been harshly done by with that striker role. Since coming back from injury he hasn’t started there. Wenger stuck him out on the left where he hasn’t played in years. I only remember him starting games there when he first signed for us. The best we’ve played all season was when Walcott was up front so it’s strange he hasn’t had a game there in so long but Giroud is allowed to go 10 odd games without a goal up front. But Walcott doesn’t help himself. He must have recognised Wenger ages ago Wenger was a complete berk so why hasn’t he taken things into his own hands? Either practice dribbling, beating his man and developing into a winger. Working on his defence and working his socks off to win the ball back. That’s all within his ability to do so he’s at complete fault for that. He should have been smart enough to look for a move away from the club ages ago because it was clear that Wenger would pull this off. He hasn’t developed him into a winger or striker so he’s in no mans land with his career. He’ll end up like Podolski. But yes, it's time he moved on. Long time supporter of the kid but this season has been a joke and he's old enough to know better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott is a dumb ass. He has been here for 10 years and i honestly dont know how, he hasnt improved on anything and the way he played on Sunday was atrocious, really really bad. He is a clueless player, he runs and then stops and passes it back to the RB. He is also a player that lacks bottle/bravery, the way he moved out of the way at Sunderland and then again on Sunday when Joe Hart came out was sickening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Campbell will be sold in the summer, still no idea what he has done wrong because he should have been getting a lot more starts recently.

Don't even get me started on Wenger when it comes to buying in all these cheaper young players!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    We have too many players who are essentially "good/decent squad players" but not much else

Joel Campbell is one of those, i'd personally rather get rid of someone like Serge Gnabry but there we go