0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear.

Can't complain. I've wummed enough in the past

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    What's a 'luxury' player? Is it like a luxury car owned by a family man struggling to pay rent? A flashy two seater Ferrari or something?

Makes no sense for you to describe Theo in those terms.
    Makes no sense to you, perhaps. If you have a player that can change one game in ten and then is dire for the other nine you have a luxury player on your hands. Far better to get a journeyman who is solid, if not spectacular, for all ten games. Walcott inadequacies can be compensated when he has better players around him. Those players have been steadily leaving the club.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    No ones going to be brilliant at all aspects of the game.

Isn't the best dribbler but none of our players cos we don't play that way. We would rather pass our way around the opposition than dribble past them.

Theo's strengths far outweigh his weaknesses though. Can't ask for much more than what he's given us last 2 seasons and he stopped the trend and is the first quality player to not desert us
    It's rare to find the complete player and you can't be good at everything. But to be a winger you must at least be able to beat your man and have good dribbling skills. In list of priorities of attributes if I'm picking a team, wingers should all have good dribbling skills and comfortable on the ball.

Theo is a striker and sees himself that way because his striking ability is his best attribute besides his speed. To me, this is like seeing Owen or Defoe being asked to play on the wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say that now but when the season kicks off.....
    *sigh* You're right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's rare to find the complete player and you can't be good at everything. But to be a winger you must at least be able to beat your man and have good dribbling skills. In list of priorities of attributes if I'm picking a team, wingers should all have good dribbling skills and comfortable on the ball.

Theo is a striker and sees himself that way because his striking ability is his best attribute besides his speed. To me, this is like seeing Owen or Defoe being asked to play on the wing.
    Theo can finish about one in twenty in style, another testament to his inconsistency. His positional play makes him entirely unsuited to the striker's role. In fact his positional play on the wing makes him entirely unsuited to that role too. He needs somebody to sit him down and go through the basics. If he could become even semi proficient at simple passing and taking on a defender he could put his pace to much better use. Mind you, over the last couple of seasons he has clearly lost some of that pace. And when it goes the poor guy will have literally nothing in his locker.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Theo is a striker playing out on the wing. He can do a job there as we have seen but ultimately he's a striker. That's why I'm not too fussed if he doesn't beat players. He produces the goods more often than not. Produces 9 games out of 10 but unfortunately that one game is what some concentrate on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He produces the goods more often than not. Produces 9 games out of 10 but unfortunately that one game is what some concentrate on
    It's the exact opposite. No surprise there.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never read this debate on Theo before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Makes no sense to you, perhaps. If you have a player that can change one game in ten and then is dire for the other nine you have a luxury player on your hands. Far better to get a journeyman who is solid, if not spectacular, for all ten games. Walcott inadequacies can be compensated when he has better players around him. Those players have been steadily leaving the club.
    That's not a luxury player, dude.

When I think luxury item, I'm thinking designer clothes, flash cars and excessive shit a guy on my salary has no business buying. If you think Theo is shit then he's not a luxury player, is he?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I have never read this debate on Theo before.
    Beats the Arteta debate tbh