User Tag List

Page 173 of 707 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Jerry will be introducing immunity cards. They can't shake tradition I guess. The cards will "make it easier" for citizens to go back to normal life. It also provides provisions for enforced quarantine for those displaying symptoms (of the common cold) and prohibitions for non-Nazis entering public places.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never understood this testing bollocks.

What does it matter if someone is infected or not. By then it’s too fucking late to make any difference, and unless it’s the right sample of people (ie a sample of people from all demographics, not just frontline workers who are all more likely to have it), you can’t establish any more than whether someone ought to stay home or go to hospital.

Open the fucking gate you wankers. Just tell the old and the vulnerable, you’re playing with death if you start mixing with everyone else.

Lets just get infected if we have to and put an end to it. Happy to take my chances and stay in bed for a couple of weeks.

Let people make up their own minds. If you’re worried or feel at risk stay in. If you want to go and work and risk a bout of this bad boy, then that’s my right. I’d rather get immune than wait for the world to burn.
    Last edited by LDG; 30-04-2020 at 07:45 PM.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Irish health minister is under fire for his latest COVID gaffe. He speculated how unlikely it would be for a vaccine for COVID19 to be developed in the near future, considering there was no luck producing vaccines for the other 18 coronaviruses.

Apparently that's not a joke.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Never understood this testing bollocks.
    Aren't you supposed to feel for lumps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Aren't you supposed to feel for lumps?
    Always felt three meself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://twitter.com/behnisch/status/...089010690?s=21

Only cos Arseblog tweeted it, but different way of showing it.

Of course, everyone is reporting differently, so all bollocks.

Crudely, I reckon you need to get a % of a country’s vulnerable (inc elderly) population, and it’s population density per sq mile, classing countries as high or low risk by scale (roughly speaking). The speed of transmission is the common factor, therefore the number of deaths you would expect to be lower in a lower risk country, and higher in a higher risk country. Like duh!

Clearly a low risk country with high death count (assuming all deaths are reported as standard) would be seen as shit, whereas a high risk country with low deaths would be amazing. It ain’t about deaths per million...it’s not about number of deaths unless you treat them the same.

Thats my take on it. Probably bollocks, but I’ve nothing else to do except drink until the wee hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    https://twitter.com/behnisch/status/...089010690?s=21

Only cos Arseblog tweeted it, but different way of showing it.

Of course, everyone is reporting differently, so all bollocks.

Crudely, I reckon you need to get a % of a country’s vulnerable (inc elderly) population, and it’s population density per sq mile, classing countries as high or low risk by scale (roughly speaking). The speed of transmission is the common factor, therefore the number of deaths you would expect to be lower in a lower risk country, and higher in a higher risk country. Like duh!

Clearly a low risk country with high death count (assuming all deaths are reported as standard) would be seen as shit, whereas a high risk country with low deaths would be amazing. It ain’t about deaths per million...it’s not about number of deaths unless you treat them the same.

Thats my take on it. Probably bollocks, but I’ve nothing else to do except drink until the wee hours.
    Throughout all of this, alcohol has remained. Same before. Same now. Something you can rely on.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So many useful things the mob could be doing.
    Like committing mass suicide for example

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Like committing mass suicide for example
    Would certainly save Bill the trouble.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52495201

More than 60% would be uncomfortable about going out to bars and restaurants or using public transport, should ministers decide to relax the lockdown, a survey for Ipsos Mori suggested.

More than 40% would still be reluctant to go shopping or send their children to school and more than 30% would be worried about going to work or meeting friends.
    Perfect. So can the rest of us go out to play now? Sounds like there won't be so many people around anyway.