User Tag List

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction - 0-2 chelski

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We didn't lose the game because of Wenger as many tend to suggest . The reasons are simple:
    1) Chelsea is not an easy team to beat at home.
    2) The referee did not give us advantage to certain deserved situations
    3) we did not capitalise on the few chances we created
    4) we did not deal well defensively with the occasions which led to Chelsea goals .
    None of these are Wenger mistakes . He just took full responsibility as a manager.
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    We didn't lose the game because of Wenger as many tend to suggest . The reasons are simple:
    4) we did not deal well defensively with the occasions which led to Chelsea goals .
    None of these are Wenger mistakes . He just took full responsibility as a manager.
    oh dear - just as the post was getting sensibly debated - can someone call for the men in the white coats please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I guess this must have been the case in every single one of the humiliations we have received from the other top teams. Wumger has you well indoctrinated. Either that or you are on a senseless wind up. We didn't put a single shot on target and could have had at least 1 or 2 players sent off just like Chelsea. We lost but did well to keep it to just 2 goals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Koscielny has conceded th most pels since 2010 (6).

clumsy.
    I think Kos is a decent enough player but he gets shown up in the big games. Merts does too.

TBF they are the least of our problems right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, he has a different opinion. That's allowed isn't it? Anyway, what he's saying is true:

1) Hardly anyone has managed it. They have an insane record at home.
    2) Ref was shit, not sending off Cahill was an absolute scandal and that could have changed the game. But fair enough, there's the other side of the coin with idiots like Flamini elbowing people in the face. He's lucky, nobody is even mentioning it but that was the second most obvious red of the day.
    3) We certainly didn't capitalise, we were crap in the final third. But we did put them under pressure a few times and with a bit more composure/ care we could have grabbed a goal. Our inability to do that let the chavs sit on their lead, something they excel at (the boring cunts).
    4) True again. Letting Hazard run through the midfield and into the box is schoolboy error stuff. Both CBs being caught out by a simple lob over the top, pretty dumb again.

The bit I don't agree with is it not (at least partly) being Wenger's fault. He set us up to fail and then compounded his error by persisting with a plan that simply wasn't working and never looked like working. He played into the chav's hands as usual. Then he made those shitty and pointless subs. He's badly out of touch in these big games as the record demonstrates. It can't be argued against. The record is appalling and speaks for itself.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I think Kos is a decent enough player but he gets shown up in the big games. Merts does too.

TBF they are the least of our problems right now.
    Barcelona at home disagrees with that though.

I don't blame Kos for the penalty too much. The challenge was very instinctive and not one of his previous moronic challenges where's he had time to weigh up the options (see Villa at home last year). The majority of blame lies with Flamini and Santi (I believe?) for letting Hazard easily skip pass them at that pace and manage a run on Kos in the box. Bundle him over and take the FK but you don't let a player with the skill of Hazard having a free run on our CB's in the area.

Also. Szechesny got done very easily for the penalty itself. When was the last time he saved a penalty or won us a game the same way De Gea did for United over the weekend?

The second goal on the other hand ....... that was one which should have been handled. No way should our CB's be allowing a long ball over the top to result in a goal. Though mind you the deliverer was Cesc and the receipant was Costa, two world class players and difficult for any defence to deal with. All in all though, I thought our defence played alright, better than most games this season and wasn't the reason why we lost that match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I guess this must have been the case in every single one of the humiliations we have received from the other top teams. Wumger has you well indoctrinated. Either that or you are on a senseless wind up. We didn't put a single shot on target and could have had at least 1 or 2 players sent off just like Chelsea. We lost but did well to keep it to just 2 goals
    There is nothing about Wenger indoctrination as your emotions make you think . We are all gutted for the defeat as fans .Wenger put out his best team . The players did not perform as expected . Simple as that . We don't have the players health records . We don't know who are about to burn out and who are at risks of injury .
    You can say he should have started this or that player . He should have put this player at this position.But we don't know what is behind closed doors . Not playing Ozil in the middle is just a myth . He has the freedom to operate everywhere . Even when he plays in the "middle" he can still go in the wings .
    Now you tell me if you were the manager what you could have done .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Barcelona at home disagrees with that though.

I don't blame Kos for the penalty too much. The challenge was very instinctive and not one of his previous moronic challenges where's he had time to weigh up the options (see Villa at home last year). The majority of blame lies with Flamini and Santi (I believe?) for letting Hazard easily skip pass them at that pace and manage a run on Kos in the box. Bundle him over and take the FK but you don't let a player with the skill of Hazard having a free run on our CB's in the area.

Also. Szechesny got done very easily for the penalty itself. When was the last time he saved a penalty or won us a game the same way De Gea did for United over the weekend?

The second goal on the other hand ....... that was one which should have been handled. No way should our CB's be allowing a long ball over the top to result in a goal. Though mind you the deliverer was Cesc and the receipant was Costa, two world class players and difficult for any defence to deal with. All in all though, I thought our defence played alright, better than most games this season and wasn't the reason why we lost that match.
    Not sure how harsh we can be of Scz for the penalty, it was very well taken and set up to completely deceive the keeper. His save against Dzeko vs Man C a few weeks back kept us with a point, but his kicking and decision making ability for distribution has been very poor indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Guys, he has a different opinion. That's allowed isn't it? Anyway, what he's saying is true:

2) Ref was shit, not sending off Cahill was an absolute scandal and that could have changed the game. But fair enough, there's the other side of the coin with idiots like Flamini elbowing people in the face. He's lucky, nobody is even mentioning it but that was the second most obvious red of the day.
    3) We certainly didn't capitalise, we were crap in the final third. But we did put them under pressure a few times and with a bit more composure/ care we could have grabbed a goal. Our inability to do that let the chavs sit on their lead, something they excel at (the boring cunts).
    4) True again. Letting Hazard run through the midfield and into the box is schoolboy error stuff. Both CBs being caught out by a simple lob over the top, pretty dumb again.

The bit I don't agree with is it not (at least partly) being Wenger's fault. He set us up to fail and then compounded his error by persisting with a plan that simply wasn't working and never looked like working. He played into the chav's hands as usual. Then he made those shitty and pointless subs. He's badly out of touch in these big games as the record demonstrates. It can't be argued against. The record is appalling and speaks for itself.
    Fair enough . Wenger is not totally innocent for this defeat . But he made all his best players available . You could say he should have started Chamberlain but if Sanchez or Cazorla or Ozil were benched you could still have said the same .
    And even though , in a big game you don't throw all your big guns on the pitch . You keep at least one who can change the game when the legs are tired .
    The Flamini and wellbeck situations are red card cases without doubt but there are consequences of the referee inability to deal properly with similar previous situations . For me our players let us more down than Wenger . Of course , it is my own opinion . Regardless of the fact that many don't share it but that is my opinion .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

I thought Welbeck's late challenge was more of a red than Flamini's elbow (looked unintentional to me). Cahill should definitely have been off but people arguing along the lines of the 'rules of the game' say Kosc should have been off as well.