User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: London Anniversary Games. This Friday. BBC2/BBC1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup was a great summer of sport, really really enjoyed it, everything about it was brilliant, the atmosphere, the sports, the feel good factor the coverage.

Shame we won't be seeing anything like this again for a long time.

As for the Anniversary Games, every f*cker seems to be pulling out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    Yup was a great summer of sport, really really enjoyed it, everything about it was brilliant, the atmosphere, the sports, the feel good factor the coverage.

Shame we won't be seeing anything like this again for a long time.

As for the Anniversary Games, every f*cker seems to be pulling out.
    do you mean as a one off event or the fact that no summer will match all of last summers sporting success? because if so, it looks like this summer might match it too. its been an incrediable 12 months for british sport. us open, ryder cup (i know its european team but lots of brits playing so it still counts imo), ashes, second tour de france, wimbledon.

last summer was awesome and special, but this summer could be too. its a brilliant time in birtish sport.

dare i say, right now, britain is the dominant sporting nation in the world?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This summer has been poor other than the greatest Wimbledon of all time.

English football is falling apart, piss poor ashes series, nothing to write home about in rugby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For once it's nice to see football away from the news in terms of sporting success.

You might think the ashes is piss poor but right now we are hammering the Aussies amd that's great for England. Same with rugby, no win since 1997, we win this year. British sport is winning right now, entertainment might not be that high but we are winning in a lot of sports. Add to last year success, amd hopefully continue this summer with double ashes. Some golf majors. Tennis. And we are dominant. It's fantastic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    do you mean as a one off event or the fact that no summer will match all of last summers sporting success? because if so, it looks like this summer might match it too. its been an incrediable 12 months for british sport. us open, ryder cup (i know its european team but lots of brits playing so it still counts imo), ashes, second tour de france, wimbledon.

last summer was awesome and special, but this summer could be too. its a brilliant time in birtish sport.

dare i say, right now, britain is the dominant sporting nation in the world?
    I meant in a sense that it was a massive worldwide event with a very special atmosphere.

Events like the Olympics are very unique, due to the fact they involve all kind of sports and thus appeal to a wide range of people in a way that the one sport events don't.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Gemili in 100m B race (19:52 BST)
    Perri Shakes-Drayton 400m hurdles (20:04)
    Robbie Grabarz in high jump (20:09)
    Usain Bolt & Dasaolu in 100m A race (21:48)
    Ennis-Hill & Farah compete on Saturday

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coverage has started on BBC2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst I think they need to beware milking it, I'm fine with this event existing. Let's face it, the Olympics rocked bells. I remember on these very pages that I - a sport fan of course - said I was only looking forward to about two events. Me

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100m B list about to start

All Brits.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're only going to bring it up next year, and the year after, maybe the year after that. Well, until we get it again probably.

But I have to say, we may have seen Mo, Murray, all the cyclists, but the best moment was easily Gideon being booed by tens of thousands of people