User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is stalling Theo?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Money

29 46.77%
  • Position

5 8.06%
  • Little bit both

23 37.10%
  • Other (pls specify)

5 8.06%
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: What is stalling Theo??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of both really. I think he believes he's in a position now to command top wages, relative to his teammates who are maybe being paid more than their contribution is actually worth.

It's a status thing, there's no difference between 75k and 100k to us, but to him it's like saying you're a bit-part player who'll be used sparingly or we value you as a key player now.

Wenget clearly doesn't rate him IMO which I think is a shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe he is stalling at all.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We assume he makes his own decisions and is not just blindly following the advice of self-interested agents. We also assume these players could give a shit about the club and the fans and I see nothing at all to suggest this assumption is warranted. The fans are the wages, the club the vehicle. Of course the example is set from the top and who can imagine a greedier collection of ****s than those who own and run Arsenal? I voted money because I don't think the 0.0000001% that might be related to other matters is significant.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the whole plan is revealed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Bit of both really. I think he believes he's in a position now to command top wages, relative to his teammates who are maybe being paid more than their contribution is actually worth.

It's a status thing, there's no difference between 75k and 100k to us, but to him it's like saying you're a bit-part player who'll be used sparingly or we value you as a key player now.

Wenget clearly doesn't rate him IMO which I think is a shame.
    Those are my thoughts too. Wenger won't play him in his preferred position, has frozen him out of the team this year, he obviously feels he has better players ahead of him. He's bought Podolski, Gervinho and Ox over the past couple of seasons. He's also bough Gnarby and has talked up his potential. Theo is already in a battle with Ox for England international duties and probably feels unwanted by his club and manager. He signs on for this deal he could end up on the bench as for sort of right winger nobody wants and it would be a real struggle to find another top club that would play him as a striker. It's now or never.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was hoping his best mate rvc was gonna go to man shitty, so he would be able to follow him there, sadly for him he went to united instead and I don't think sir twat wanker would want him, after all he's getting Whilshere next year anway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So right now

9 people say money
    1 person says Position
    6 people say Little bit both
    2 people say other.

I'll do some more updates. well i guess when we get a few more.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 01-11-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Those are my thoughts too. Wenger won't play him in his preferred position, has frozen him out of the team this year, he obviously feels he has better players ahead of him. He's bought Podolski, Gervinho and Ox over the past couple of seasons. He's also bough Gnarby and has talked up his potential. Theo is already in a battle with Ox for England international duties and probably feels unwanted by his club and manager. He signs on for this deal he could end up on the bench as for sort of right winger nobody wants and it would be a real struggle to find another top club that would play him as a striker. It's now or never.
    Because he won't sign a new deal, not because he don't rate him. Wenger probs does not rate him, but i think thats a diffrent issue to why he is not playing now.

As for the England thing, thats down to the england manager to sort out. If Roy don't play him as a striker for the national team he has his reasons.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 01-11-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    So right now

8 people say money
    1 person says Position
    6 people say Little bit both
    2 people say other.

I'll do some more updates. well i guess when we get a few more.

Other
    Or people can just look at the top?

What did you vote for anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    What did you vote for anyway?
    Voted for Other as my 1st pots cleay indicates no just both but more reasons.