User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ju young park

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Korea's Olympic team assembled at the National Football Centre in Paju on Monday for their first training session ahead of the 2012 London games, but star striker Park Chu-Young was absent.

The Arsenal striker was the only member of Korea's 18-man squad for the Olympics who was absent from Monday's session in Gyeonggi Province as the team begins to gear up for the event.

Park's absence is a result of his decision to postpone his compulsory military duty after obtaining a Monaco residency visa, meaning he can only remain in Korea for 60 days per year. The 26-year-old has already spent time in Korea this year following the conclusion of the Premier League season.

The former national team skipper is currently in Japan, where he will train on his own until Saturday when he'll fly to Korea.

The Korean side are due to take on New Zealand in a friendly in Seoul on July 14, before flying out to England a day later.

Park is one of three over-age members in the Korean Olympic squad, along with goalkeeper Jung Sung-Ryong and defender Kim Chang-Soo.
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/...n-olympic-team

And now hes not allowed in his own country

Hes had a shocking past year

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hopefully giroud was a replacement for chamakh/park and not rvp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltord's Winner View Post
    hopefully giroud was a replacement for chamakh/park and not rvp.
    To be fair , Park hasn't been given a chance to prove himself . So the jury still open here . But Chamakh and Bendtner and ..Eboue .. sorry I meant Denilson can pack their shit and F...ck Off .
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to say, when Wenger signed this guy it was a masterstroke, to sign this guy who was gonna have to do military service and barely give him a match when all but one of our strikers was stinking up the joint showed just how astute he still is.

You know how it goes, we make stars we don't buy them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Have to say, when Wenger signed this guy it was a masterstroke, to sign this guy who was gonna have to do military service and barely give him a match when all but one of our strikers was stinking up the joint showed just how astute he still is.

You know how it goes, we make stars we don't buy them.
    Yeah but dont you know, he wasnt a Wenger signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Yeah but dont you know, he wasnt a Wenger signing

I can't believe there are actually people on this board who seriously think this is true, and as if it's obvious. The lengths to which people go to defend Wenger is a bit ridiculous tbh. And then these same posters turn around and criticise us for being extremists.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I can't believe there are actually people on this board who seriously think this is true, and as if it's obvious. The lengths to which people go to defend Wenger is a bit ridiculous tbh. And then these same posters turn around and criticise us for being extremists.
    Welcome to GW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managers sign duds shocker.

I mean SAF never did it did he....

Taibi
    Kleberson
    Djemba Djemba
    Anderson
    Obertan

I mean come on. That is some serious shite.

Not to mention the millions wasted on Veron, Forlan etc.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Really? You don't think its plausible that after a ridiculously successful tour of East Asia last summer the news that the captain of South Korea was for sale for a pittance would have excited the board?

Also i don't think saying he was a marketing signing is a way of defending Wenger, if anything it makes him look a bigger tool for not playing the chap, who is clearly a very good player, We know Wenger is a sulky git and again it seems plausible that if, IF, the board got this chap in Wenger would take his ball home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    Really? You don't think its plausible that after a ridiculously successful tour of East Asia last summer the news that the captain of South Korea was for sale for a pittance would have excited the board?

Also i don't think saying he was a marketing signing is a way of defending Wenger, if anything it makes him look a bigger tool for not playing the chap, who is clearly a very good player, We know Wenger is a sulky git and again it seems plausible that if, IF, the board got this chap in Wenger would take his ball home.
    Wenger looks like someone who wants complete control of at least the football side of things at a club (he even had input into the design of the changing rooms). So if the board imposed a player upon him, I really think he'd leave the club or would fight hard to prevent it going through. Wenger himself managed in Japan, so probably has a good knowledge of South East Asian footballers, and getting the South Korean captain for a pittance would probably excite Wenger as much if not more than the board.