User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are we after almost a decade of this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Football just isn’t what it used to be and when you add in the dross we’re servicing up each year, it’s no surprise that we’re all feeling disheartened. We don’t even play good football anymore and it’s not entertaining to watch. It’s painful viewing and it’s to the point where I always end up asking why I’ve wasted a good few hours watching it. I sure as hell won’t go out of my way to pay to watch a game anymore and that’s a huge difference to how I felt when younger. I was never able to afford to go to games but now that I can I don’t bloody want to. I’m also reconsidering that Sky and EPSN subscription.

Football in general is suffering and it’s not what it used to be. Real Madrid and Barca have a monopoly on the world’s best players and it’s making things boring. The whole doped up superstar team is making things lopsided. All the best players are dotted around the same few clubs and if Real announce the signing of someone like Suarez, I have no interest in seeing how he plays there because I’m pretty sure he won’t have to work anywhere near as hard as he’s had to work at Liverpool. He won’t have to drop deep or into different positions as much because all the creativity will already be behind him and he might as well just wait for service. It’s bloody boring and you don’t get to see really talented players flourish. Have a bad season or pick up an injury and you’ll end up like Villa or Kaka…on the bench. Or you get played out of position like Cesc and Mascherano. It’s nowhere near as fun as it used to be. Or maybe Arsenal have just put a massive cloud over how I now view things?
    As a great man once said "little bit both"
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly don't find it as interesting or enjoyable as I once did.

There's probably a number of reasons for that, but I don't doubt us being pretty crap for the last few years is one of the main reasons. That and I have no real attachment to the players any more, there's only really Carra and Gerrard, possibly Reina, but not the rest...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post
    I certainly don't find it as interesting or enjoyable as I once did.

There's probably a number of reasons for that, but I don't doubt us being pretty crap for the last few years is one of the main reasons. That and I have no real attachment to the players any more, there's only really Carra and Gerrard, possibly Reina, but not the rest...
    and with Reina coming to us, Carra dying and Gerrard a bit shit, even that attachment will go soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Classics Section

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    and with Reina coming to us, Carra dying and Gerrard a bit shit, even that attachment will go soon.
    Well quite. And Reina is only really there because I like GKs.

Although Gerrard has been good this season, second in assists only to Mata who is little bit good. And, somehow, he's played every minute of the PL so far.

I certainly can't see the likes of Shelvey taking over that mantle, though I guess I have to put my hopes into some youngsters.

Who is there left for you guys though? Wilshere?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post
    Well quite. And Reina is only really there because I like GKs.

Although Gerrard has been good this season, second in assists only to Mata who is little bit good. And, somehow, he's played every minute of the PL so far.

I certainly can't see the likes of Shelvey taking over that mantle, though I guess I have to put my hopes into some youngsters.

Who is there left for you guys though? Wilshere?
    Sir Chesney is a Gooner. He's just a bit rubbish at the moment.

Kos gets my thumbs up too. Not for ability alone (though he's #decent) He does care, and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me personally, it's the legend in the making Theo. he's had to work hard to be as good as he is, to earn what he does. The only player we have that all true gooners have an attachment to and genuinely like. Wilshere gets a pay increase for doing f all for a year and a half and now is dead again. No attachment there whatsoever.

Theo is our shining light and one player who can lead us out of this desperate situation. He needs help though and Wenger refuses to give it to him.

There are other players I like. Our Germans are a little bit awesome. Gibbs probably too despite being little bit injury prone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    For me personally, it's the legend in the making Theo. he's had to work hard to be as good as he is, to earn what he does. The only player we have that all true gooners have an attachment to and genuinely like. Wilshere gets a pay increase for doing f all for a year and a half and now is dead again. No attachment there whatsoever.

Theo is our shining light and one player who can lead us out of this desperate situation. He needs help though and Wenger refuses to give it to him.

There are other players I like. Our Germans are a little bit awesome. Gibbs probably too despite being little bit injury prone.

I really hope Eisfeld gets a go.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By Germans I meant Podolski and Mertesacker tbh

I actually forgot as have most I'm sure about Eisfeld and don't we have another German pub teamer youth player? For some reason I'm thinking ngibbles or something.

2 of our latest inductees in the youth project hall of shame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say I've ever been in your youth team.

I'm sure I can give it a go though.