User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will we finish in the top 4?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 71.79%
  • No

11 28.21%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Will We Finish Top 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    Why is this mini run of games a surprise to you? We've regularly gone on good mini runs at the end of the season when all possibilities of winning trophies are gone.
    because as i said, for the first time i didn't see us finishing top four this season and didn't see us rallying at all. based on how we fell apart at the end of last season and with no RVC, i didn't see how it was possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact we only have one thing to focus on seems to help for sure, but the lack of pressure to win trophies seems to be a big thing.

We'll drop points, but Chelsea have a horrendous run in I believe although Spurs is easier than ours they are horribly out of form now.
    Do you not think there was any pressure on Saturday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    because as i said, for the first time i didn't see us finishing top four this season and didn't see us rallying at all. based on how we fell apart at the end of last season and with no RVC, i didn't see how it was possible.
    Fair enough, I never doubted that we could put together a run at the end of the season, there's no trophies to play for and because I've seen it many times before it's no real surprise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Do you not think there was any pressure on Saturday?
    I'm not really sure to be honest, we were expected to beat Norwich but that goes for most of the smaller sides and we generally do, I guess you can call that pressure of sorts?

I don't know how much pressure there is on us finishing 4th when most people had written us off a couple months back, it's almost like a bonus if we do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really sure to be honest, we were expected to beat Norwich but that goes for most of the smaller sides and we generally do, I guess you can call that pressure of sorts?

I don't know how much pressure there is on us finishing 4th when most people had written us off a couple months back, it's almost like a bonus if we do.
    Yeah, but it was a game we needed to win to leapfrog Spurs. As I said in the reaction thread I'd bet my bottom dollar that had we slipped up there would have been loads of posts saying we'd bottled it. It is a different kind of pressure to the sort when you're going for a trophy though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, I never doubted that we could put together a run at the end of the season, there's no trophies to play for and because I've seen it many times before it's no real surprise.
    But then you'd say that it was no real suprise if we collapsed as well.

So all in all, you wouldn't be suprised at all.

In other words, whatever suits, to make any achievement non-creditworthy, and any failure justification of your hatred for the manager.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always fearful we have a rotten few results in us, so I can't say whether we will or not.

We're going to have to rely heavily on other teams dropping points too, as I don't think we're capable of cementing it before the last day.

Reason? We don't have a world class stiker.

Can't vote yes, and I can't vote no.

Gonna sit on the fence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    But then you'd say that it was no real suprise if we collapsed as well.

So all in all, you wouldn't be suprised at all.

In other words, whatever suits, to make any achievement non-creditworthy, and any failure justification of your hatred for the manager.

let's be fair though. everyone does think wenger is a little bit **** every now and then. just little. go on, be honest. WUMger gets to us all in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    let's be fair though. everyone does think wenger is a little bit **** every now and then. just little. go on, be honest. WUMger gets to us all in the end.
    Most definitely. He enrages me, and no more so than this season.