User Tag List

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Bolton (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has backed his side to finish in the top four this season but admits they must treat every match "like a cup final".

A 0-0 draw at Bolton leaves the Gunners seventh in the Premier League with just one point from their last four games.

"There's a long way to go - I'm confident we can come back," said Wenger. "Every game in the championship is a cup final now. We have confidence but we have to produce it game by game."

Arsenal's point at the Reebok Stadium meant they avoided a fourth straight league defeat for the first time in Wenger's 16-year tenure.

But sitting five points behind fourth-place Chelsea with 15 games left, they face a struggle to finish among the Champions League places.

The lowest Arsenal have ended a campaign under Wenger is fourth.

They remain in contention for the FA Cup and Champions League and Wenger is hoping the return to fitness of several players will prompt an upturn in fortunes.

"We have gone through a difficult period," stated the Frenchman. "We lost three championship games [against Fulham, Swansea and Manchester United] but we could have won them. "We go into a period where we play in the FA Cup, we play in the Champions League and combining all these three will be difficult, so it's important that we do not have more injuries.

"We have [Bacary] Sagna back, [Kieran] Gibbs is not far and [Mikel] Arteta is back, so overall I hope we can cope with it."

Wenger has been heavily criticised by some Arsenal supporters in recent weeks but Bolton boss Owen Coyle believes the Gunners will bounce back.

"They've suffered with injuries to key players," said the Scot. "But when Arsenal have their full disposal of players they can go toe-to-toe with anybody.

"Who's to say that Arsenal can't win the FA Cup or Champions League? I certainly wouldn't write them off.

"They've one of the best managers we've had in world football, they've an elite squad of players and there's no doubt it only takes one big performance, one big result to kick-start that momentum again.

"I'm pretty sure Arsenal will look to be in amongst the honours when they are handed out at the end of the season."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16847591

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I fail to believe any manager is going to come in and just say 'ah ok this is the squad I have and it won't change'. Deadwood isn't just going to 'fuck off', it needs the manager to tell them they are no longer required. Why are you even mentioning Goetze or Hazard? I'd love us to sign one of those two players of course but that's something you should do once you have the basics sorted - Wenger isn't even coming close to doing that at the moment. We didn't get 4-4 at the Barcodes because of not signing Goetze or Hazard, we didn't lose to Birmingham in the Carling Cup final because of not signing Goetze or Hazard, we didn't lose 8-2...because of not getting Goetze or Hazard. We're not seventh because of not signing Goetze or Hazard.
    Too right maccy too fecking right

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has backed his side to finish in the top four this season but admits they must treat every match "like a cup final".
    Like the CC one last year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post

Where's mine???

"You fucking cunts. When are you gonna spend some fucking money!! Wankers, all of you! Fuck fuck fuck fuck!!! CUNTS!"
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

Where's mine???

"You fucking cunts. When are you gonna spend some fucking money!! Wankers, all of you! Fuck fuck fuck fuck!!! CUNTS!"
    You won't get past the word filter with shit like that I'm afraid. Try m0n3y next time, that might squeak through.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had high hopes but ramsey is a shocking player. For me the true weak link because the AM should be the key creative player and hes creating dikk all.

the fact wenger didnt break the bank this january for a gotze or erikssen is the man waving the white flag on 4th place and his arsenal career for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Treat every game like a Cup Final?

Relegation, here we come!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You won't get past the word filter with shit like that I'm afraid. Try m0n3y next time, that might squeak through.
    No chance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    In 92/93 we got 2 wins in 15 and that was thoroughly enjoyable so stop fucking moaning
    happy days of having my head kicked in at secondary school. Being an Arsenal fan has always been a laugh.