User Tag List

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Samir "The Weasel" Nasri - The Epitome of Wenger's Failings!!!

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Ghel View Post
    Somewhere in the region of £110- 120K? Do you know Glen Johnson earns more than him? Dunno if I can find the info but I'll go and search for it later tonight.
    Something like £139k a week for Johnson.

Which is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Ghel View Post
    Somewhere in the region of £110- 120K? Do you know Glen Johnson earns more than him? Dunno if I can find the info but I'll go and search for it later tonight.
    You've missed the point, Cesc is the highest paid player at the club and nobody else earns the same as him. I'm sick and tired of hearing this silly talk as if Wenger has no power. He's able to stop Cesc from going to Barca but can't do anything about Nasri's contract talks. Bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    And what wage structure is Cesc on?
    probably similar to th14 but i dont think we know the full details of the structure only that there is one that they follow

no one said he has no power, that is just twisting words.

do you believe he has the final say over the CEO and board? he can try and persuade as SG says and to suggest otherwise is bullshit. the wage structure has existed and continues to and wenger believes in it so why would he try to overrule that? it makes no sense

of course he can stop cesc leaving, the guy is tied up for a few more years so he doesn't hold the cards. nasri however does and has much less of a connection to the club and manager. two completely different situations.
    Last edited by Kano; 09-06-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope we sell him for as much we can get, or we cave in to his demands, extend his contract and then sell him for as much as we can get!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    probably similar to th14 but i dont think we know the full details of the structure only that there is one that they follow
    Rubbish, we invented a new structure on the spot Henry.

I'm really looking forwards to RVP's contract talks. That should be interesting. He kicked up a fuss last season about 'sporting ambition'.

This model is unsustainable. Not saying Nasri deserves more but give it to him and put strict conditions on those wages or make it so that he earns more based on his performance. If he can't live up to the wages then get him off the books. Like we did with Adebayor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly, so there is a structure. broken only for a unique once in a lifetime player that had been the mainstay for years. nasri hardly falls into that, so he probably falls into the regular structure. or are you saying you know the full details?

maybe it is unsustainable but im not arguing if it's right or wrong just trying to suggest that one exists, which it clearly does and it may be part of the reason things have taken this route with nasri.

this isn't championship manager, there are far more dynamics than that. you think his agent would agree to those terms? we got rid of ade not because of his lack of achievement but as he was trouble in the team and wanting to leave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Cesc Fabregas? Wage structure?

Rubbish.

Just give the prick his money and sell him once his market value is back up. It's common sense. Sick and tired of people defending nonsense then wondering why the clubs rotting from the inside. Especially when Wenger has said in black and white what the right course of action is in this sort of situation but still ignores his own advice.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe this shit mann

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as the captain, player been there for 7 years and talisman of the team then he takes the top tier I would imagine - it really isnt hard to figure out. the one consistent noise for years has been about a structure of wages, no contradictions so you are just inventing for your argument. so raise his wages, break their structure and have the rest of the team wondering why they didnt do the same to get even more. great for morale.

the club is rotting from the inside now? man that is real hyperbole.

wenger said to give a contract after two years which the club attempted to do. you keep going back to it being his job when clearly it isnt - he can only try and influence which is quite different to making the decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We clearly cannot rely on fairweather players like Nasri to win us trophies. Hope we sell the twat and reinvest the money in a quality, commited player who'll run through brick walls for us (I know they are hard to find, but it's not impossible)

I still think Wenger does also have to take a lot of responsibility for the situation we're in.