User Tag List

Page 2269 of 3255 FirstFirst ... 12691769216922192259226722682269227022712279231923692769 ... LastLast
Results 22,681 to 22,690 of 32543

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yes. The whole emotional, clickbait hoopla that feeds the media and the suburban champions of easy causes. The child, the parents and the medical professionals involved are the stage props and plot elements. Soon the child will be dead and it will be time to play, Let's Judge the Parents! Plenty more clicks in this with proper planning. Gawkers at a car wreck. Isn't it just awful? Move over a bit, I'm trying to catch a glimpse through the smashed windshield. Nothing is real anymore once the media gets involved. That's why it's called fake news.
    It turns into a circus once the press get involved.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Plenty of these types of stories around with doctors giving patients a slim chance of recovery. They don't always get it right.

I don't have kids so can't really judge but given how skeptical I am when it comes to the health service and their resources, I don't know if I'd be so quick to accept their verdict.
    I'm not sure there are "plenty", statistically I imagine this sort of thing is very rare. But there are certainly some.
    Doctors do make mistakes and I think it's perfectly reasonable that a parent would question a doctor when told that their baby has no hope of survival. The hope that the doctor is mistaken and the questioning of them is perfectly understandable.

But there's a massive middle ground between that and dragging this through multiple courts despite being told repeatedly by plenty of medical experts that there is no hope for this kid and whipping up a media storm making the whole thing a circus.
    The doctors did brain scans months ago and found serious damage at a cellular level. The kid couldn't move, he can't breathe on his own can't eat, can't open his eyes for any sustained period. He probably can't see or hear.
    Even the doctor in America agreed the treatment he was offering was experimental and would, at best alleviate some of the symptoms and would not reverse the brain damage which has already occurred.

There comes a point when enough is enough and that time was 3 months ago or more. The kid wasn't living, he was merely existing, kept "alive" by machines. I just pray he hasn't been in pain all this time.

It's a sad case and there are no winners, the parents have lost their son, the kid has lost his chance to die with dignity months ago and other kids have lost out because of the resources diverted to this case.
    I only hope the money which the parents have raised for the "treatment" in America can now be put to a good cause.

And I hope the parents now get on with their lives, but I suspect with wearying predictability there will be book deals and TV specials and the media circus will rumble on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'm not sure there are "plenty", statistically I imagine this sort of thing is very rare. But there are certainly some.
    Doctors do make mistakes and I think it's perfectly reasonable that a parent would question a doctor when told that their baby has no hope of survival. The hope that the doctor is mistaken and the questioning of them is perfectly understandable.

But there's a massive middle ground between that and dragging this through multiple courts despite being told repeatedly by plenty of medical experts that there is no hope for this kid and whipping up a media storm making the whole thing a circus.
    The doctors did brain scans months ago and found serious damage at a cellular level. The kid couldn't move, he can't breathe on his own can't eat, can't open his eyes for any sustained period. He probably can't see or hear.
    Even the doctor in America agreed the treatment he was offering was experimental and would, at best alleviate some of the symptoms and would not reverse the brain damage which has already occurred.

There comes a point when enough is enough and that time was 3 months ago or more. The kid wasn't living, he was merely existing, kept "alive" by machines. I just pray he hasn't been in pain all this time.

It's a sad case and there are no winners, the parents have lost their son, the kid has lost his chance to die with dignity months ago and other kids have lost out because of the resources diverted to this case.
    I only hope the money which the parents have raised for the "treatment" in America can now be put to a good cause.

And I hope the parents now get on with their lives, but I suspect with wearying predictability there will be book deals and TV specials and the media circus will rumble on.
    Again, I haven't got kids but if I did I'm not sure how I'd feel about letting then die especially when told there is a slim chance of survival.

Why even get involved and judge the parents? Is it even anyone's place to?
    Last edited by Power n Glory; 25-07-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, I haven't got kids but if I did I'm not sure how I'd feel about letting then die especially when told there is a slim chance of survival.

Depends if you are talking about genuine human emotion or the synthetic stuff that's replacing it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But that's the point, that's not what they were told. They were told the exact opposite months ago.
    This only came to court because the parents refused to accept that. And yes, it must be horrible to be told that your baby is going to die. I can't even imagine how hard that is. But the more you read about these conditions and the tests they did on Charlie the more bleak it looks. And this experimental therapy has no proven record, is not a cure and even the doctor who offered it conceded it would not reverse the brain damage which has occurred.

The parents have put this in the public domain and courted publicity, I think that gives people the right thing comment. Honestly, I think they have acted appallingly. They've painted GOSH, who have been nothing but professional, as the bad guys. They've lied about his condition (maybe not deliberately, they may have been lying to themselves as much as anyone else) and they seem to be making this far more about them than what is best for their son who has suffered for months longer than he needed to. I just hope he hasn't been in pain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    But that's the point, that's not what they were told. They were told the exact opposite months ago.
    This only came to court because the parents refused to accept that. And yes, it must be horrible to be told that your baby is going to die. I can't even imagine how hard that is. But the more you read about these conditions and the tests they did on Charlie the more bleak it looks. And this experimental therapy has no proven record, is not a cure and even the doctor who offered it conceded it would not reverse the brain damage which has occurred.

The parents have put this in the public domain and courted publicity, I think that gives people the right thing comment. Honestly, I think they have acted appallingly. They've painted GOSH, who have been nothing but professional, as the bad guys. They've lied about his condition (maybe not deliberately, they may have been lying to themselves as much as anyone else) and they seem to be making this far more about them than what is best for their son who has suffered for months longer than he needed to. I just hope he hasn't been in pain.
    Again, it's very easy to judge looking in from the outside. Heck, aren't you the same person that said something about your church people giving testimonies of miraculous events?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most people know what it's like to have a sick and dying child. To my mind it's pretty easy to predict how any of us would behave with that emotional burden added to by a bunch of raving bureaucrats, the sensationalist and ever-lying media, the crowd of busybodies that always seems to congregate around these reality style moral entertainment pieces and the shitty courts. For me, it's starting to look like these parents haven't lived up to the standards we'd all undoubtedly set.

Anyway, we are all Charlie now. Again.

Reminds me of how devastated I was when that MP died. What was her name again? Awful. Tragic.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Again, it's very easy to judge looking in from the outside. Heck, aren't you the same person that said something about your church people giving testimonies of miraculous events?
    Regardless of the parents behaviour we can all I hope agree that this episode left a bitter taste in the mouth

The assumption made by people that these doctors were acting in anything other than the child's best interest was lamentable

Farage.....the man who tells us sovereignty can be ours if we only want it enough, was happy for the Americans to interdict in this case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't left any sort of taste in my mouth at all. In relative terms this private matter turned out for public spectacle is entirely irrelevant outside a small circle of concerned individuals. And fuck the quacks. Perhaps they do want to save their patients, but precious few know how to go about doing that if the ailment extends beyond a grazed knee. One of the most incompetent professions on the planet.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Hasn't left any sort of taste in my mouth at all. In relative terms this private matter turned out for public spectacle is entirely irrelevant outside a small circle of concerned individuals. And fuck the quacks. Perhaps they do want to save their patients, but precious few know how to go about doing that if the ailment extends beyond a grazed knee. One of the most incompetent professions on the planet.
    What's your doctorate in again?