User Tag List

Page 23 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    It would be typical of Arsenal to end up with neither Rice or Caicedo and take Havertz off Chelsea!!!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/1...357c136a417a9d

Apparently we have withdrawn our interest in Caicedo, it's in the link above.
    I do look forward to our transfer business. We let everyone know our targets and get gazumped as soon as we bid . We are truly terrible at this process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Ham want either 100 million and a player or 120 million. They are taking the piss

Don’t know how much Fabrizio Romano is reliable but has claimed that the problem for Arsenal getting big deals over the line is Kroenke. Even though he’s put his idiot son there on a day to day basis, he has to sign off on the big money signings personally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give them that bum Lokonga if we have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Give them that bum Lokonga if we have to.

Two birds, one stone.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    West Ham want either 100 million and a player or 120 million. They are taking the piss

Don’t know how much Fabrizio Romano is reliable but has claimed that the problem for Arsenal getting big deals over the line is Kroenke. Even though he’s put his idiot son there on a day to day basis, he has to sign off on the big money signings personally
    If we don't secure Rice big questions will need to be asked of Edu and the Kroenke's, we have gone very public with this pursuit feeding the media since January that he is our primary target.

I don't know what discussions we have had with West Ham, but I hoped we would get this wrapped up quickly, we must know what they want, pay it or pursue other targets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    If we don't secure Rice big questions will need to be asked of Edu and the Kroenke's, we have gone very public with this pursuit feeding the media since January that he is our primary target.

I don't know what discussions we have had with West Ham, but I hoped we would get this wrapped up quickly, we must know what they want, pay it or pursue other targets.
    It’s a sellers market

I think 80million + add ons is far more generous than we should be even in this crazy market

We should move on…who cares how long we been linked with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I do look forward to our transfer business. We let everyone know our targets and get gazumped as soon as we bid . We are truly terrible at this process.
    This, it's already looking embarrassing,

Mind you if it means we end up like we did in January, with some reasonably-priced but good players, I'll be happy.

I think Havertz might be quite good btw but we shouldn't go crazy on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that intrigues me about Havertz is that he’s significantly taller than the rest of our attacking unit. I’d still prefer a natural centre forward though, not a jack of all trades master of none player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The only thing that intrigues me about Havertz is that he’s significantly taller than the rest of our attacking unit. I’d still prefer a natural centre forward though, not a jack of all trades master of none player.
    He went to Chelsea with a big rep, he was really highly rated at the time and the next big thing in German Football, he's flopped at Chelsea, a waste of money on the whole, though that CL Final winning goal earnt him time there. If he comes here and doesn't improve then we are stuck with him on presumably big wages, he will be very difficult to shift unless we take a hit.

For the price I personally think we can find someone with a lot less question marks and probably on lesser wages too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    It’s a sellers market

I think 80million + add ons is far more generous than we should be even in this crazy market

We should move on…who cares how long we been linked with him.
    They want circa 100million, yes it's crazy but the market is the market. I guess my point is more that if we are so hot on him, we seem to be. Just pay the fee or move on. We've got a lot of business to do this window, we can't be dragging this out all summer long.