User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 242 of 296 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2957

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I know...Ukraine is winning,,,bigly
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like he might “do a Trump”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-63451859

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Yes I know...Ukraine is winning,,,bigly
    This is the American thread.

Are you referring to a ‘special military operation’ on another continent that was supposed to be over in three days?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mid Terms tonight and its another one of those sad occasions where unfortunately both sides can’t lose

The Americans need a sensible centrist party that attracts both moderate liberals and conservatives which is where most Americans are at politically but they get drowned out by the loudest and most stupid voices on both sides and the voter has two terrible choices to make.

Between a party who’s commitment to Democracy is based on if they win or not, and a party that can’t help itself pushing voters towards the Anti Democratic Party by being so hilariously terrible.

Fuck me the political class is terrible, full of idiots and mediocres that’s something we can all agree on, Biden is an absolutely shambolic individual and that’s nothing to do with his age, an objective look at his whole political career rather shows that.
    But Trump as the solution? That’s where people lose me. Take away the hysterical shrieking about how he’s Hitler and everything like that, and the guy doesn’t have a clear grip on reality…whilst I don’t believe anyone who claims he won the election actually does believe that (they just won’t give anyone the satisfaction of admitting it) he actually probably has convinced himself that he did win.
    And all the evidence in the world won’t convince him otherwise.

I don’t think most Republican politicians even like him, but he’s still popular enough especially with their grassroots that they can’t rid themselves of this embarrassing clown.

And the irony of that is almost any half sane Republican would trounce Biden in two years, he’s been an absolute joke of a president. But Trump? I think people don’t want the psychodrama (which they’ll get whether he wins or loses)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Mid Terms tonight and its another one of those sad occasions where unfortunately both sides can’t lose

The Americans need a sensible centrist party that attracts both moderate liberals and conservatives which is where most Americans are at politically but they get drowned out by the loudest and most stupid voices on both sides and the voter has two terrible choices to make.

Between a party who’s commitment to Democracy is based on if they win or not, and a party that can’t help itself pushing voters towards the Anti Democratic Party by being so hilariously terrible.

Fuck me the political class is terrible, full of idiots and mediocres that’s something we can all agree on, Biden is an absolutely shambolic individual and that’s nothing to do with his age, an objective look at his whole political career rather shows that.
    But Trump as the solution? That’s where people lose me. Take away the hysterical shrieking about how he’s Hitler and everything like that, and the guy doesn’t have a clear grip on reality…whilst I don’t believe anyone who claims he won the election actually does believe that (they just won’t give anyone the satisfaction of admitting it) he actually probably has convinced himself that he did win.
    And all the evidence in the world won’t convince him otherwise.

I don’t think most Republican politicians even like him, but he’s still popular enough especially with their grassroots that they can’t rid themselves of this embarrassing clown.

And the irony of that is almost any half sane Republican would trounce Biden in two years, he’s been an absolute joke of a president. But Trump? I think people don’t want the psychodrama (which they’ll get whether he wins or loses)
    What?

The fuck are you on about?

How much do you actually know about American elections?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    What?

The fuck are you on about?

How much do you actually know about American elections?
    How much do I know about American elections

Do you mean do I know that Trump nor Biden are actually on the ballot and that the elections are there to determine the house, the senate (only a third because senators have six year terms) and individual governors races in certain states?

As well as any state level legislature

Yes funnily enough, mid terms are clearly referenda on an incumbent president as well as a way of testing the waters for the chances of a party/candidate At presidential level.

The Republican Party is currently the Trump party, so with some exceptions how well they do is a fairly good gauge of his popularity amongst the electorate.

Please feel free to give me multi paragraph response about how I’m wrong and it’s this and that, but I’m not going to read it. It’s nothing personal but I simply don’t have the time to read your self serving homilies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Republican Party is currently the Trump party.
    Is that true?
    It's certainly true that he has a large fanbase who are desperate for him to run again, I'm not sure that sentiment is shared by the party itself.
    Isn't it like Sunak and Truss? The party (by which I mean the MPs) wanted Sunak, but the members wanted Truss. And that went very well
    There's no doubt that if Trump stands he'd get a lot of votes (not enough to win the election IMO), but it seems unlikely that the party would select him as they surely know after 4 years of his nonsense, culminating in Jan 6th, that they'd lose the election (possibly unless Biden stands again or they pick someone worse/more hated than him)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Is that true?
    It's certainly true that he has a large fanbase who are desperate for him to run again, I'm not sure that sentiment is shared by the party itself.
    Isn't it like Sunak and Truss? The party (by which I mean the MPs) wanted Sunak, but the members wanted Truss. And that went very well
    There's no doubt that if Trump stands he'd get a lot of votes (not enough to win the election IMO), but it seems unlikely that the party would select him as they surely know after 4 years of his nonsense, culminating in Jan 6th, that they'd lose the election (possibly unless Biden stands again or they pick someone worse/more hated than him)
    It absolutely is the Trump party in that if you openly state he did not win the election two years ago you will most likely be beaten in the primaries by a full on election denier.

The only places where Republicans can exercise a little bit of independence is as Governors.

The Democrats are no better, they funded attack ads on the more sane republicans in states where they were going through primaries in order for the more Trumpist candidate to win.

Where are you getting the idea that Trump wouldn’t win the Republican nomination? This is counter to all the polling. Registered Republicans are overwhelmingly pro Trump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much do I know about American elections

Do you mean do I know that Trump nor Biden are actually on the ballot and that the elections are there to determine the house, the senate (only a third because senators have six year terms) and individual governors races in certain states?

As well as any state level legislature

Yes funnily enough, mid terms are clearly referenda on an incumbent president as well as a way of testing the waters for the chances of a party/candidate At presidential level.

The Republican Party is currently the Trump party, so with some exceptions how well they do is a fairly good gauge of his popularity amongst the electorate.

Please feel free to give me multi paragraph response about how I’m wrong and it’s this and that, but I’m not going to read it. It’s nothing personal but I simply don’t have the time to read your self serving homilies.
    For the bonus round, how many states are there in the United States of America?
    Für eure Sicherheit