Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 5435

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Need a cheap but effective striker for my FF team, advise please someone
    Rondon is my third striker. Chips in now and then but of course West Brom are shite so you need to pick him when they have some favourable fixtures only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be considerable concern around football that viewing figures for Sky Sports’ live Premier League matches this season have dropped by a whopping 19 per cent.

The dramatic year-on-year fall has occurred in the first season of a new rights deal with Sky and BT Sport having paid over £5billion between them for their three-year contracts for the match packages.

The surprise slide in Sky’s ratings comes despite an exciting start to the season plus the huge hype surrounding the managerial tussle between Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho and Jurgen Klopp.
    People are getting bored of it. The hype. The ridiculous amounts of money sloshing around. The horrible prices that turn real fans away from the gates and surely in some cases turn them away from football in general. The declining standard of the game and the boredom of the ultra defensive play from most teams. The game is eating itself and by the sound of it just took a huge bite out of its own arse. Which might not be a bad thing if it stops the game escaping entirely up its own hole.

There's also the not so small matter of greedy Sky's ridiculous pricing. At the height of a recession people can't afford it, so of course subscriptions are dropping. But that's not to say actual viewers have fallen. I'd say quite a few have switched to pirate streams. I suppose we'll see the lawyers step up their antics to try and get more streams shut down. And if that happens, I still won't pay for Sky. I get it for free right now but I hardly ever switch it on. It's shite. Just a bunch of ads broken up by low quality crap. Everything I want is on pirate streams or CartoonHD. And Netflix. I just about don't mind paying for that - but it's getting close.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't say I'm surprised, I know a lot of people that have grown bored of the product and cancelled their subscriptions. Very rarely do I watch games as a neutral anymore, so as soon as they stop offering me the discounted price I have, I'm out. It's such a rip off.

I have to say though, having grown tired of watching it on TV, I'm actually enjoying going to the games again. I feel that experience was lost on me for a while having become saturated with the amount of football I'd watch on TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can almost hear the bubble bursting.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised, I know a lot of people that have grown bored of the product and cancelled their subscriptions. Very rarely do I watch games as a neutral anymore, so as soon as they stop offering me the discounted price I have, I'm out. It's such a rip off.

I have to say though, having grown tired of watching it on TV, I'm actually enjoying going to the games again. I feel that experience was lost on me for a while having become saturated with the amount of football I'd watch on TV.
    I'd go to the home games but it would cost me around £100 a pop, what with the travel and the luxury of a few beers. Plus the rail system is bloody awful and you end up on a bus instead of a train most weekends. Nowhere near worth the fuss and doubly so if you have to suffer one of those tip-tap marathons instead of a decent game. Much preferred watching the Legends match, and the Copa. If football was like that every week then I'd pay. As it is, no way.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Icardi

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-Cagliari.html

Like Vardy, he must be regretting not pushing through that move to us in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post

He's got a twitch!
    He drags his bitch!
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit, I was just about to post about this, it's just appeared on the BBC. Well, I just saw it anyway.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's gonna hitch in a minute!