Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48979998

Took us long enough. Bidding £25 million for Tierney, that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I’m actually gonna be quite upset if we let this one slip - even at 18, this kid looks like he could be the best CB that we’ve been linked with for some time (which is kind of sad when you think about it).

I’m not even overly fussed about the immediate loan-back, as I can see this next season being a bit of a shambles, no matter who we bring in. For now, I’d be happy enough just to see some building blocks being put in place, and some semblance of a plan taking shape that I can take some interest in...
    Much as I think we'd be over paying for Saliba..... what really stands out for me from his highlights reel is the tendency not to go to ground sliding around on his arse Mustafi style. The ability to stand up has never been so appealing to me suddenly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Much as I think we'd be over paying for Saliba..... what really stands out for me from his highlights reel is the tendency not to go to ground sliding around on his arse Mustafi style. The ability to stand up has never been so appealing to me suddenly.
    That’s exactly what stood out for me, too. When I was playing, I was always taught that a slide-tackle was an absolute last-resort move, because you’re basically out of the game if you mess it up - been waiting years for that kind of composed figure at the back who stays on his feet and just seems to use his upper body strength to calmly ease opponents of the ball. The amount of one-on-ones this kid wins by doing nothing more than that is quite impressive for an 18yo. (Doesn’t hurt that’s already built like a brick **** house either.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tierney bid rejected again.

They apparently want more cash up front and less instalments. Doesn’t help when everyone knows you don’t have a pot to piss in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think this one will eventually crawl over the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH do we really care is he worth £25m? Or are we just hoping he could be as good as Robertson?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

They apparently want more cash up front and less instalments. Doesn’t help when everyone knows you don’t have a pot to piss in.
    You know things are bad when you're struggling to sign a guy from the Scottish league! Seriously how long is it going to take us, Celtic wanted 25 milion and won't take anything less and want more cash up front, can't be that hard to get a deal, we seem to spend about a week to two weeks between bids which is a joke! The guy played 9 times for Celtic last season so he's hardly been a key to their success!

We harp on about self sustainability and doing things the right way, but the irony is we've royally messed up our finances and pound for pound are one of the worst run clubs around taking into considerations where we should be.
    Last edited by Özim; 15-07-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

We are such a fucking piss take!

Why haven't we got £25m to just buy him outright anyway?

Where the fuck is all the money in this club going!!???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    TBH do we really care is he worth £25m? Or are we just hoping he could be as good as Robertson?
    I'm just hoping he's comfortable playing in a back 4 so we can finally start playing around with some other formations!

3412 was fine for what it was - a short-term fix to fit the players we had - but it kind of felt like everyone had sussed us out by the end of the season. Need to move away from it now, and towards something with more width (and less square pegs in round holes).

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I'm just hoping he's comfortable playing in a back 4 so we can finally start playing around with some other formations!

3412 was fine for what it was - a short-term fix to fit the players we had - but it kind of felt like everyone had sussed us out by the end of the season. Need to move away from it now, and towards something with more width (and less square pegs in round holes).
    I'm hoping he is just comfortable with defending