User Tag List

Page 2824 of 3255 FirstFirst ... 1824232427242774281428222823282428252826283428742924 ... LastLast
Results 28,231 to 28,240 of 32543

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    This whole Meghan & Harry thing is a complete mess.

If she suffered racist abuse then clearly that is wrong and not defendable. Genuinely though from memory, from the moment she joined the royal family as Harry’s girlfriend to their wedding, i though the coverage was positive. I dont remember negative stories about her, I think that started to change during the summer after their wedding.

During that summer, they did some incredibly stupid things like lecturing people on how bad flying is but then taking a private jet to go on Elton johns yacht. Not exactly a sure fire way to win support.

But some of the accusations they made in their interview last night dont make any sense. They say the royal family denied their son a title due to racism but their son wasnt entitled to become a prince by law (from memory this was changed by King George V so that only those in direct succession can be princes). At the time, their said they wouldn’t take up the title of Earl of Dumbarton for their son (which he is entitled to) and that was their decision and is outside the control of Buckingham palace as its not a royal title. This is also by Princess Euginie’s son is not a prince.

They have also admitted to what appears to be an illegal wedding by saying they got married 3 days before their actual wedding in the garden with just the Archbishop of Canterbury & the two of them. That would be illegal given you need two witnesses. But this also begs the question, if they just wanted a small private ceremony, why make the taxpayer pay millions so they can have their big wedding?

Thye clearly want a private life and good luck to them, but complainin the royal family cut them off financially last year is a bit rich when they just had to survive on the £40m inheritance left to Harry. How could they ever cope, they could only afford a house worth several million. Cry me a river.

If they want privacy and normality then go for it. Privacy to me does not mean telling the world the gender of my unborn baby, signing podcast deals with spoity, tv deals with Netflix and giving two exclusive interviews (Cordon & Oprah) knowing millions will watch.
    Intersting seeing people's views on here.

Make no mistake, IMO the sides people are taking in this debate has less to do with the issues raised by both sides, and more to do with peoples' social attitiudes. If people are anti-elitist in general they hate the Royal Family and everything they stand for - will side with Meghan Markle and enjoy aristocrats getting what comes to them. If they are institutionalist and belive that the Royal Family has value in representing this country, they will take against her. All this tawdry affair does is increase social division and give people an excuse to indulge whatever prejudices they already have.

I say Meghan, because the idea that this is being orchestrated by Prince Harry is laughable. Without taking any sides, I kind of feel sorry for him.

I haven't watched the interview and won't because I have little interest in a media-orchestrated shit fest. But for me, the idea of Meghan Markle being a totally innocent victim in all of this is so far fetched. It's obvious that she was a bad fit in an institution that is about as far from Californian show biz and its associated norms and attitudes as it is possible to be, and I have no doubt that she suffered for this. But Diana she ain't, and its hard for me to warm to someone so privileged playing the race/victim card for what seem to be purely self-aggrandisement purposes.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Currants Bw..."

Meghan Markle shot Franz Ferdinand and celebrated by eating a bat in Wuhan with Hitler.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meghan started the fire.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meghan Markle is the creator and chief writer of Mrs. Brown’s Boys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Meghan Markle is the creator and chief writer of Mrs. Brown’s Boys.
    Too far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It would be naive to think there isn’t an element of racism in an institution as old, white and as “proper” as the royal family. In fact I’d be surprised if I heard they were all welcoming, liberal people. Wouldn’t believe it for second.

I think Meghan was obviously in over her head and underestimated the press in this country along with her duties in the royal family. It’s a mess but I don’t see any issue with them choosing collectively to take a different path in life. It will still be a life of public service because of who Harry is but it will be done under their own control.

Can’t wait for the interview tonight and all the Netflix shit and everything they do.
    This.

I think the Media have been fueling the flames with the racism, I can't speak for the Royal Family, but from what Meghan has said it seems the racism (If you want to call it that) within the Royal Family has come from someone other than the Queen or Prince Charles.

I don't really care about any of it to be honest, it's embarrassing and a complete mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meghan claims her first scalp. Piers Morgan has quit Good Morning Britain.

tbh i don't think there will be many taking his side on this one !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Meghan claims her first scalp. Piers Morgan has quit Good Morning Britain.

tbh i don't think there will be many taking his side on this one !
    That’s positive news, so it must be something to do with Harry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching it now.

She’s basically claiming that Archie isn’t a prince because racism, it wasn’t explained to her why and she was told Archie wouldn’t get protection.

I’m calling bullshit on all of that. He isn’t a prince because of some boring royal protocol which has affected other direct descendants of the Queen. Of course that would have been explained to her and he’d have got protection.

For clarity, I’m not saying that she hasn’t been the victim of racism, but not everything is about race.