User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diaby needs ANOTHER surgery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    He has a contract! He was injured playing for the club. You can't terminate the deal or force a pay cut. I don't get that mentality. Where is the loyalty and integrity? Any other profession and you wouldn't condone that.
    Some people don't seem to understand the obligations we have to contracted players. That said, it was unwise to have offered Diaby future contracts.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering his age, it was way too early to write Diaby off and he's a talented player so I can understand why we stuck with him. But it would be crazy to offer him another long term deal after this unless he has a really fantastic run in the team or there is a compromise.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter if he's a multi millionaire or not. He's had his dream career ruined pointlessly by some thug. I'm sure he would easily give up most of his millions to get a chance to go back in time and have another shot to make it again.

Yep there are probably a lot more deserving people out there for our sympathy but that doesn't mean that we can't appreciate Diaby's situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has a contract! He was injured playing for the club. You can't terminate the deal or force a pay cut. I don't get that mentality. Where is the loyalty and integrity? Any other profession and you wouldn't condone that.
    This is why I roll my eyes at the whining when people like RVP or Bale move on, talking about things like loyalty. The indignance of some when the boots on the other foot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    It doesn't matter if he's a multi millionaire or not. He's had his dream career ruined pointlessly by some thug. I'm sure he would easily give up most of his millions to get a chance to go back in time and have another shot to make it again.

Yep there are probably a lot more deserving people out there for our sympathy but that doesn't mean that we can't appreciate Diaby's situation.
    Tis

I hope Diaby will fully recover and starts playing football again. Football is probably the only things that he knows, don't take it from him.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reality this guy should have been offered a pay as you play deal last time he signed a contract with us, that would have been logical given his injury record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sports fans are hypocrites.

cry for loyalty from players they like, and then want rid of players they dont like. And when you apply the stuff that happens to athletes to scenarios that fit into their own world, they suddenly change their tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    In reality this guy should have been offered a pay as you play deal last time he signed a contract with us, that would have been logical given his injury record.
    he was on the last year of his deal and had found some form.

if the club did that, he would have left and you -- and others -- would cry about loyalty and the club not keeping a player, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only real question is- firing squad, lethal injection or gas chamber? Then sell his bones for glue and his flesh for Asda lasagna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you in principal but there's no such thing as loyalty in football now. Contracts mean fuck all to players and clubs alike. If Diaby suddenly had a good season and Barca came knocking he wouldn't think twice about packing his bags and going. And Wenger wouldn't stop him either, just look at Cesc, Song and Hleb. Wenger has always been lenient with his players and sometimes they do take advantage.

I'm not sure how we can justify paying £60k/week. We've sold other deadweight in the summer so I don't see the problem with cutting our losses on Diaby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind84 View Post
    he was on the last year of his deal and had found some form.

if the club did that, he would have left and you -- and others -- would cry about loyalty and the club not keeping a player, etc.
    Seeing as he's barely played since, I think we'd realise we had a lucky escape. Good player with talent but his body can't cope with football, so what's the point.