User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Watford 1 Arsenal 3

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We performed better than Chelsea against Watford who pubbed to a late 2 - 1 win courtesy of Costa who really should have been sent off and who (along with City and United) everyone is salivating over. It's nothing to sniff at.

We've got our issues, namely due to tactics and management but when we click we definitely have the potential to challenge for the league. We just need to ensure that it happens every game and we don't get repeats of the Liverpool game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    We performed better than Chelsea against Watford who pubbed to a late 2 - 1 win courtesy of Costa who really should have been sent off and who (along with City and United) everyone is salivating over. It's nothing to sniff at.

We've got our issues, namely due to tactics and management but when we click we definitely have the potential to challenge for the league. We just need to ensure that it happens every game and we don't get repeats of the Liverpool game.
    We lost to Liverpool who lost to Burnley does that make Burnley better than us?

How other teams perform doesn't matter, different day different players/performance/result etc, the facts are we're 5 points behind, I'd prefer to be in their position and so far they've done better.

I don't think we'll challenge we don't have enough quality up front, whilst it was good to sign a forward, Perez wasn't the goalscorer we were looking for in all probability.
    Last edited by Özim; 29-08-2016 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post

As Zim said, different teams and tactics play a part on the final result. Conte and Watford's new coach, Mazzarri, have history together in Series A. That probably played a part in how the teams were set up.

We'll see if Mazzarri learns how to set his team up against us in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

How other teams perform doesn't matter, different day different players/performance/result etc, the facts are we're 5 points behind, I'd prefer to be in their position and so far they've done better.

I don't think we'll challenge we don't have enough quality up front, whilst it was good to sign a forward, Perez wasn't the goalscorer we were looking for in all probability.
    I'm prepared to give Perez a chance. Even if we had signed Lacazette, I wouldn't have put us down as title contenders. I don't think we have it in us to mount a challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty confident we will actually challenge. Don't think we'll win it but challenge.....yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I'm pretty confident we will actually challenge. Don't think we'll win it but challenge till February.....yes.
    Fixed it for you.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We shall see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been seeing it for 10 years. Nothing has happened this season to make me think anything has changed for a different outcome.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

Agreed, I still think we're not solid enough at the back, we gave Watford plenty of chances to get back into the game in the second half on Saturday, a better team may have punished us.

For every Watford there is a Liverpool, we are still way too inconsistent to be a true title challenger and a large part of that is down to how we are setup IMO.