As a great man once said:

Wenger
    Yup, sadly this is oh so true Teg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Charlie View Post
    I had my yearly performance review at work today. Basically I did really well for the first half of the year, then didn't bother turning up for second half of the year.

It's ok though, my manager was quite understanding. He told his boss that it's because I'm still young and long term sickness within the department hadn't helped the situation.

My manager says that by changing absolutely nothing he believes I'll excel next year because I'm one year older.

Happy days.

Good one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my yearly performance review at work today. Basically I did really well for the first half of the year, then didn't bother turning up for second half of the year.

It's ok though, my manager was quite understanding. He told his boss that it's because I'm still young and long term sickness within the department hadn't helped the situation.

My manager says that by changing absolutely nothing he believes I'll excel next year because I'm one year older.

Happy days.

Post of the day.

On a serious note sadly that's the situation we're in with Wenger in charge, nothing will change until he's gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay, lots of new people to add to my ignore list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger has this belief that these players will automatically correct their own mistakes and become winners.

It doesn't alway work out like that. Some of these guys are slackers. The players hungry to progress and correct the mistakes are looking for the exit.

The Wenger PR machine is in full motion now. Last season, when the season started, the players weren't talking much. When Theo, RVP, and Cesc were giving interviews and the press asked about winning the title, they downplayed it hard and said 'we need to take it game by game, it's only one victory.' That was the message coming from the camp. The collapse they experienced in the season just before the last one left them feeling cautious and they didn't want to get carried away.

What makes this season any different? Why is will THIS collapse spur them on when the one before that couldn't? In life, people develop bad habits and that is also true when it comes to football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Wenger has this belief that these players will automatically correct their own mistakes and become winners.

It doesn't alway work out like that. Some of these guys are slackers. The players hungry to progress and correct the mistakes are looking for the exit.

The Wenger PR machine is in full motion now. Last season, when the season started, the players weren't talking much. When Theo, RVP, and Cesc were giving interviews and the press asked about winning the title, they downplayed it hard and said 'we need to take it game by game, it's only one victory.' That was the message coming from the camp. The collapse they experienced in the season just before the last one left them feeling cautious and they didn't want to get carried away.

What makes this season any different? Why is will THIS collapse spur them on when the one before that couldn't? In life, people develop bad habits and that is also true when it comes to football.

This. I think the "Players Correcting Their Own Mistakes" is a big flaw in Arsene's project/grand masterplan. In life in general, success comes with experience...for an organisation or a unit to become successful you have a set of leaders who make all the right strategic decisions, football is no different.

Arsene is basically trying to reinvent the wheel, his methods will not work unless he modifies his approach.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alberto Del Rio says it better tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    Yay, lots of new people to add to my ignore list.
    If we keep adding people we disagree with to the ignore list, we're not going to have much debate are we? What will happen is that GW will become a segregated, apartheid-type messageboard with people only debating and conversing with people with the same POV. Is that what messageboards are about? This is why I think the Ignore Function is a negative aspect of the messageboard, and if it's possible for the admins to disable it for all users I think it would be a good idea.
    Last edited by Joker; 16-07-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first I just thought Wenger was just protecting his players in the press and talking to them differently in training. About their mistakes, how they could improve, just any general tips. But after years and years of watching the same players continue to make the exact same mistakes I really wonder what Wenger is doing.

How can it be constructive to ignore their mistakes or their flaws? To let them learn and grow themselves? What kind of man management is that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy days.
    Hehe, brilliant