User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Good Are We?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our offense is worse than our defense. I can't remember the last season we failed to score in so many games. I think we've become far more sensitive defensive mistakes as a result because every game is so much tighter.

sent from a fone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't think we're a million miles away. This team + RvP would probably be challenging.
    We do need some investment but we don't need 10 new players, 2 or 3 in key areas would do it.
    Nah. With RVP we do what we did last year.

We wouldn't be where utd are, because we rely heavily on technical supremecy which goes right one game, and wrong another.

Utd, whilst not a great side, play to their strengths, and play the odds. We gamble.

RVP or not. We'd still be here. Unless we have the quality to play the game wengbot wants to play, we won't challenge.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    I don't think we're very good.

We have a horrendous defence, the worst I can remember us ever having with pretty average defenders.

The midfield isn't bad there's some talent there but no really steel in there to mix it up and a shortage of quality wingers, but this is our best area for sure.

Up front we're not very good IMO, we lack a clynical finisher since sellling RVP, we have good players there but not the very good ones that will win you trophies.

Goalkeeper, is a bit hit and miss at the moment.

The bench IMO is pretty dire though with very little quality to change games.
    So are you saying the standard of football in this country is poor then? 'Cos we're going to be no worse than top 6, I wouldn't bet against us finishing top 4.
    That rather implies there are only a few teams in the country better than us.

You say we have a 'horrendous' defence (which is little bit exaggerating although defence certainly isn't our forte) but only 2 teams have conceded fewer goals.
    You say up front we're not very good but only the top 3 have scored more.

We're doing something right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Nah. With RVP we do what we did last year.

We wouldn't be where utd are, because we rely heavily on technical supremecy which goes right one game, and wrong another.

Utd, whilst not a great side, play to their strengths, and play the odds. We gamble.

RVP or not. We'd still be here. Unless we have the quality to play the game wengbot wants to play, we won't challenge.
    We'd be doing better with RvP, maybe not on a par with Utd but we'd be closer. RvP would be turning some of our draws into wins and Utd wouldn't be getting all the wins they have without him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're alright.

Less good than I'd like us to be, but we aren't shit.

In short: Spend some funkin money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are you saying the standard of football in this country is poor then? 'Cos we're going to be no worse than top 6, I wouldn't bet against us finishing top 4.

You say we have a 'horrendous' defence (which is little bit exaggerating although defence certainly isn't our forte) but only 2 teams have conceded fewer goals.

I don't think the standard is that great in the PL these days, certainly nowhere near where it use to be a few years back, Man U are top of the PL but as a side they not exactly top notch, they're a pale shadow of their team of a few years back.

Our defence has been awful, the stats may say one thing but if you watch the matches our defence has beeen a car crash, errors all over the place and they don't play as a unit at all, to me it's the worst Arsenal defence I've seen.

Again the stats will say one thing but watching the matches we've struggled somewhat at times offensively this season.

If this is us doing something right, I wouldn't like to see us doing it wrong that's all I can say. We've been going backwards in recent years not forwards sadly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I think more often than not reflects the truth, I do think that in this case, it is different.

For example: Our 6-0 win really boosted the number of goals we scored this season. No one can say that our attack has been good.. we barely created any chances against Swansea at home (PL) and Norwich away. Again, in terms of goals conceded, we lost by a single goal against Utd and two against City when in fact, the scorelines couldve been higher. We lose a lot of goals (as usual since 04) from stupid school boy errors and set pieces.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pound for pound, the worst team in the country. For the talent we have, we should be doing far better but they don't give a fuck and are happy to pick up the pay cheques

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Pound for pound, the worst team in the country. For the talent we have, we should be doing far better but they don't give a fuck and are happy to pick up the pay cheques
    You mean penny for penny.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'd be doing better with RvP, maybe not on a par with Utd but we'd be closer. RvP would be turning some of our draws into wins and Utd wouldn't be getting all the wins they have without him.
    I din't think so. Because if utd didn't sign him, they would have signed someone else to kick them on.

What makes me sick is that the purple nosed **** saw an easy chewing-gum munching way to hit back at the humiliation they got from City last year.

We're in a different game.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.