User Tag List

Page 3066 of 3213 FirstFirst ... 2066256629663016305630643065306630673068307631163166 ... LastLast
Results 30,651 to 30,660 of 32123

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I didn't run anywhere. I've explained many times that yes, while early on in the pandemic I was looking at the death toll and in particular deaths per million, after a while I was looking at excess deaths.
    But you can keep pretending I haven't explained that if it makes you feel better.

Again, do you think one would describe someone as honest who made a load of hysterical predictions in October 2020 and then, when the exact opposite of their predictions happened, refused to acknowledge it or consider why they got things so wrong? Is that someone being honest? Is that someone who finds introspection "easy"?

No you didn't. For one thing, you're comparing death and hospitalisation data - which come from actual records - with self reported data which comes with a big health warning.

No. I'd say:
    Project Veritas? . They're the ones who fed you those lies about the USPS dude, lies you "swallowed whole". Then your biases led you to listen to the recording of the interview and make all kinds of wild claims about it which just weren't true. Remember when you said the dude was secretly recording when in fact he told them he was recording and they let him continue? . Or when you said they pressured him into changing his story when in fact they just read the statement your beloved Project Veritas had prepared for him and he agreed he couldn't stand by it? Dear me.

And I see you're still pretending you were right about things you were demonstrably wrong about:

They were "on the street" delivering tests in Birmingham. You said the fact they were doing so in uniform to "get us used to the presence of military forces on our streets".
    Well where are they then?

Nice try but you're goalpost shifting, you were talking about the UK, you said "our" streets. And are the curfews still in place in Canada? Well?

Firstly, sportsmen dropping dead, that's another piece of misinformation you've fallen for:
    https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/me...nes-thats-hoax
    But whatever suits your narrative, I guess.

As I said right at the start of this, you get a partial credit for this one. Yes, MrsL's old workplace did try and mandate people have the vaccine.
    One of her old colleagues told them to sod off and left. They have since asked her colleague back having quietly dropped the mandate, realising it wouldn't fly.

And I note you've quietly ignored all the other things I pointed out. Marshall law, which "they" were "gearing up for" in October 2020. The consequences for people not getting vaccinated. How's the egg?
    Even you can't twist things enough to pretend those things happened.

I think it's because you don't understand what being a Christian is.

Once again demonstrating how little you know about what I "think"

I've come to the conclusion that you are too far gone. Your recent posts about paedophilia becoming legal and the vaccine targeting certain age groups - as thought the vaccine knows how old someone is - shows your paranoia makes rational thought impossible for you. Mix it with a dose of Dunning Kruger and a big slice of Cognitive Dissonance and this is what you get.
    But I'm not posting for you. It would be nice if you took a moment to reflect on the things you got wrong and why you got them wrong, I think it would do you good. But you have shown yourself incapable of that. I'm mostly picking you up on this stuff so other people don't fall down the conspiracy theory rabbit holes you've fallen down. Because it hasn't landed you in a good place.

I'll post what I like, you do the same. Ignore, don't ignore, up to you.
    Okay. I don't have time for it. But I'm prepared to teach you how to be a moral human being, right here on this thread. But first you have to admit you have a problem. I'm not joking. If you can find it within yourself to admit "your" worldview may be mistaken - bit may also be true - all I'm asking is you question it for a moment, I'll help you live up to the claim of Christianity you wear. This is not a trick. I'll teach you about principles and ethics and morality and basic humanity, all the things you have substituted away - like so many other people. Not because you set out to do it as a plan, but because you found it easier as life progressed.

There is a way back.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, in answer to your bullshit, the government released a report about Covid recently. Look it up. It tells you everything you ever wanted to know. Sorry, no "source". That's the whole point. You have to be inquisitive and unbiased in the first place.

If you do find it, I'll discuss it with you.

If you can't be bothered then I understand. Same old.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone describes themselves as being funny, what are your immediate thoughts regarding them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    If someone describes themselves as being funny, what are your immediate thoughts regarding them?
    Don't know, is it Bill Hicks or Tommy Cooper or George Carlin or that queer fuck on the BBC who thinks he's a comedian, or just some normal bloke on the street? Depends.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some normal people, not professional comedians, put it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some normal people, not professional comedians, put it that way.
    Well I guess funny can mean several different things. If they are trying to persuade you they are naturally humorous then engage them in conversation and see if your sides split. Probably not. If they are trying to tell you they are "funny" fucked up in some way then if you can help them, help them.

Generally though, try to avoid people in the first place. Then the problem doesn't come up.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last bit I can get behind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'd have to talk to them and find out if they actually are or if they're just deluded.
    It would be less of a red flag to me than someone describing themselves as "wacky". Ugh. Avoid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Also, in answer to your bullshit, the government released a report about Covid recently. Look it up. It tells you everything you ever wanted to know. Sorry, no "source". That's the whole point. You have to be inquisitive and unbiased in the first place.

If you do find it, I'll discuss it with you.

If you can't be bothered then I understand. Same old.
    https://www.parliament.uk/business/p...s-and-reports/

Come on, dude, throw me a bone. There's a bunch of reports on there. How am I supposed to know which one you're talking about, if it's any of those.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I don't have time for it. But I'm prepared to teach you how to be a moral human being, right here on this thread.
    I'm not convinced you have the ability to, but OK, I'm willing to listen.

But first you have to admit you have a problem. I'm not joking. If you can find it within yourself to admit "your" worldview may be mistaken - bit may also be true - all I'm asking is you question it for a moment
    Of course my worldview may be mistaken. In fact, it almost certainly is. It seems pretty unlikely that I'm right about everything.
    I know for one thing that I tend to be too willing to think the best of people. Contrary to your belief about me, I'm not a liar and people who routinely lie confuse me. I tend to assume people are mostly honest which is often not correct. So I can certainly be wrong about that. But I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong about everything.

The test of a good model is whether it can explain things and make good predictions.
    My model of reality told me that the Covid response was a temporary response to "a situation". My evidence of that was that the response kept changing as the situation did, and it was based on my underlying belief/worldview is that while the government are flawed, they're not hell-bent on oppression and control. Most of the time they more or less let us get on with things. They have no interest in stopping you hugging your elderly relatives or dancing at your sister's wedding, they don't care if you go down the pub or go clubbing. The government then banned all these things. So either:

1) My worldview is completely wrong and the government are interested in a level of oppression and control I didn't think we'd ever see in this country or
    2) They were temporary measures designed to deal with the situation.

We can debate whether the measures were the right ones, but I'm talking about the motivation for them.
    Since the Covid situation was always going to be temporary - pandemics never last for ever - I always believed that the measures were temporary and would be removed when the situation allowed. And...they were. So that gives me some confidence in my worldview.

Your worldview led you to believe that the measures were here to stay and were only going to get worse. But that just didn't happen.
    All the posts I've quoted are from October 2020. So maybe you were having a bit of a wobble back then. I think we all had one at some point in the pandemic. Mine was quite early on in the pandemic, and I did struggle a bit with Christmas being cancelled so close to the date and the lockdown early in 2021. But every time I point out all the things you predicted back then, things which demonstrably didn't happen, you just deflect from it or twist events which happened in other countries to claim that's what you were talking about. We'd have a more sensible discussion it you just acknowledged that you got those things wrong.
    Which doesn't mean your entire worldview has to be wrong, but you were wrong about the specifics of what they were going to do in this situation.

I'll help you live up to the claim of Christianity you wear. This is not a trick. I'll teach you about principles and ethics and morality and basic humanity, all the things you have substituted away - like so many other people. Not because you set out to do it as a plan, but because you found it easier as life progressed.

There is a way back.
    I do think there's things you can teach me - you are certainly much better read than me on history and politics.
    I continue to raise an eyebrow that you are the authority on this, but I'm certainly willing to hear what you have to say.