Venus breaks

4-2 up in the 2nd set

Nadal should be on by half 4 i reckon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I simply can't watch her matches.

Good to see our great hope for the future of womens tennis doesn't make a sound, if I was Sharapova I'd be embarrassed making noises like that whilst my opponent is maintaining a dignified silence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Lubicic was number 3 5 years ago, he's 32 now and ranked 33.....not much of a player and should be easy for him.

Gasquet is very talented, but I have to say he's the bottler of all bottlers. He'll play two good sets lose a game and then collapse faster than a rice paper table with a 2 tonne block of concrete sitting on it.

Lopes isn't that good either, Monfils has talent but no stamina for Grand Slams.
    Like Ach said, you beat what's in front of you. He didn't rig the draw. He would find Roddick easier than Lopez anyway. The top 4 earn their position in the draw by being the best in the world.

And why is it that Nalbandian and Baghdatis are still great players despite having past glories behind them and Ljubicic is not? They are all ranked lower than in their heyday but still class players. There's no logic in your comments.

You may not like Murray, but there's no conspiracy to get him an easy route into the finals.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Venus wins 6-0 6-2

Nadal v Muller next

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the grunts from Sharapova are irritating for the crowd perhaps but I'm not sure how off-putting it is. In cricket, if some pace bowler grunts as he releases the ball, it doesn't really affect the batsman, I don't think.

Don't really play tennis myself but my sister played tennis to a decent level and she reckons it's not off-putting. The much more off-putting thing is having an opponent (or the crowd) celebrate/clap/cheer an unforced error. That is apparently very bad form.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hantuchova broke back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I think the grunts from Sharapova are irritating for the crowd perhaps but I'm not sure how off-putting it is. In cricket, if some pace bowler grunts as he releases the ball, it doesn't really affect the batsman, I don't think.

Don't really play tennis myself but my sister played tennis to a decent level and she reckons it's not off-putting. The much more off-putting thing is having an opponent (or the crowd) celebrate/clap/cheer an unforced error. That is apparently very bad form.
    Either way, it annoys the hell out of me and for that reason alone they should stfu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Hes facing a former world number 3 today....They have faced each other 6 times and its 3 all. Not easy at all.

Next round its probably Gasquet who is never easy and then Lopez or Monfils in the QFs and the Nadal and Federer

If thats easy, i dont want to know what hard is
    Yeah but thats easy compared to what others have to have. ok he may get nadal in the semis and go out, but he does have it easy.

You'd never see Murry on court 2 put it that way even Court 1 you'd be lucky to see him on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Pics of his wife or GTFO

Hewitts missus will be missed though
    Roddck's wife is some type of famous model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn_Decker

Hewitt's wife should go back to Home And Away tbh. Hewitt should join her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vela View Post
    Either way, it annoys the hell out of me and for that reason alone they should stfu.

Sounds reasonable.