User Tag List

Page 3109 of 3255 FirstFirst ... 2109260930093059309931073108310931103111311931593209 ... LastLast
Results 31,081 to 31,090 of 32542

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Imagine a dining table where two or more people are in conversation, and another person keeps coming up to the table and asking people why they are talking about a certain topic, the two or more people might have absolutely no reason to be curious as to why this other person thinks that…but if this person persistently does it…there comes a point where someone will say to that person “what are you hoping to achieve by this?”
    Oh, got you. I forgot about the dining room table thing.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The coup has failed. It consisted of three main thrusts, Prigozhin's poorly positioned forces, Ukrainian forces behind the lines in Moscow and other Russian cities, and the Western media. All directed by the British intelligence services because the American operational protocols have collapsed due to the lack of a commander in chief. The Brits and Ukrainians were rounded up earlier in the week and eliminated. So Prigozhin had zero cards when he stupidly went ahead with the plan anyway. Now he'll be killed and his forces will be merged into the military.

One of the most dangerous moments in human history. Avoided until the next one.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the NATO counter-offensive. Stalled and slaughtered. Hence the Titanic and the half arsed coup attempt.

That's the whole deck now. Russian economy collapsed - not quite, instead grew. Russian forces and people in mutiny - not quite, the coup didn't attract a single (not even one) supporter. Russia degraded and depleted - not quite, out manufacturing NATO at a rate of 20 to 1, cheap and cheerful still wins the day. Russia a pariah - not quite, BRICS continues to sign up eager members.

Still the west won't go to the negotiating table. Too much money still sloshing around I suppose. Hardly worth mentioning it's all paid for by the workers of the west.

Absolute fucking disaster. Donkeys led by donkeys.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm conflicted by this one. What's that quote? Like Tony Blair going over a cliff in my new Maserati? Wasn't Blair but it works even better.

Online "news" publications have started downsizing (translation: firing their writers) so they can trial (translated: fully implement) AI systems that create news (translated: propaganda and fabricated, activist bullshit) content.

For years these so-called journalists have abused their positions so thoroughly they have left themselves open to rudimentary AI systems being able to create the same garbage they roll out on a daily basis. Of course, if they had done their jobs properly, there would be a gulf between what AI can do today and what a genuine investigative journalist can produce. Real journalists have real sources, they aren't just stenographers for the establishment. Being the latter, of course the modern journalist is up shit street because all you get is the same copy/ paste propaganda plastered across a thousand sites, which AI training systems happily lap up and can rewrite minus the spelling errors and poor grammar.

So these (let's all laugh together) "journalists" deserve to be sacked. Good riddance to bad rubbish. They've done so much damage it's high time they paid a price.

However. Replacing them with AI systems. That's out of the frying pan and into the pits of hell. It means we'll never get actual news again. The economics will be way too far in favour of automation and, coupled with the public's willingness to swallow every turd flushed at them, there will be zero incentive for any mainstream organisation to revert to real journalism. The economics simply won't allow it. In fact real journalism will be a death sentence for the publication that risks it.

But, I suppose, this isn't all doom and gloom because those who already hold the mainstream media in the contempt it deserves won't be consuming the AI sewage either. And those who lap up the current shit won't notice the difference. So the net result is a bunch of whores who have disgraced their profession being kicked onto the breadline. That's a win at least.

But the lose is going to come when AI improves. When we start getting dedicated news on an individual level, and don't worry - that's coming. Articles written JUST FOR YOU, exactly in the way you like them. Psychologically tailored to feed you precisely what you desire and demand. And that's just scraping the surface of possibilities. It will become close on impossible to rescue the current victims of the matrix. They'll be lost forever. And that's a big loss. Because they still might be in the majority.

Choppy waters ahead. A stunning, beautiful and brave new world devoid of anything stunning, beautiful or brave. And a chasm between the normies and the normals that can never be breached.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I ask you something, NQ?
    What good is it doing you worrying about all this stuff?

I mean, either you’re wrong about it - in which case any worry about it is wasted, as is any preparation for it, if any is possible.
    Or you’re right and there’s nothing we can do about it anyway, so what’s the point in worrying anyway?

You lament my obsession with trivia. I wouldn’t say I’m obsessed by it, but I see no sense in dwelling on darker things I can do nothing about anyway. There are situations in the world that concern me but dwelling on it seems fruitless. My nephew spent much of last year wringing his hands about Putin starting a nuclear war at any moment. I told him he was being silly because:

1) I thought he was being silly and
    2) Even if he was right, what am I supposed to do about it? I can’t do anything to stop it happening, I can’t really do anything to prepare for it which would actually help if it did happen.

So, y’know, it kinda felt like a waste of energy being preoccupied by it.
    My nephew said to me at one point that I could tell him he was wrong if we were all here by Christmas. Obviously I printed that out and pasted it into his Christmas card

I’m just not sure what good it’s doing you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musk is such a bozo
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Can I ask you something, NQ?
    What good is it doing you worrying about all this stuff?

I mean, either you’re wrong about it - in which case any worry about it is wasted, as is any preparation for it, if any is possible.
    Or you’re right and there’s nothing we can do about it anyway, so what’s the point in worrying anyway?

You lament my obsession with trivia. I wouldn’t say I’m obsessed by it, but I see no sense in dwelling on darker things I can do nothing about anyway. There are situations in the world that concern me but dwelling on it seems fruitless. My nephew spent much of last year wringing his hands about Putin starting a nuclear war at any moment. I told him he was being silly because:

1) I thought he was being silly and
    2) Even if he was right, what am I supposed to do about it? I can’t do anything to stop it happening, I can’t really do anything to prepare for it which would actually help if it did happen.

So, y’know, it kinda felt like a waste of energy being preoccupied by it.
    My nephew said to me at one point that I could tell him he was wrong if we were all here by Christmas. Obviously I printed that out and pasted it into his Christmas card

I’m just not sure what good it’s doing you.
    Don't worry about me. Either read it or don't.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Musk is such a bozo
    Show me where the bad man touched you.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Show me where the bad man touched you.
    Rate Limited exceeded

Please wait a few moments and try again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Don't worry about me. Either read it or don't.
    I did read it. I’m not really sure how to respond.
    I mean, my post sort of was a response not to that specific post, more to a bunch of them.
    I’m not worried about you, but I’m not clear what you’re getting out of the “old man yells at cloud” stuff. It doesn’t seem to be doing you much good