User Tag List

Page 32 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon 2011 thread 20 June - 3 July

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I think the grunts from Sharapova are irritating for the crowd perhaps but I'm not sure how off-putting it is. In cricket, if some pace bowler grunts as he releases the ball, it doesn't really affect the batsman, I don't think.

Don't really play tennis myself but my sister played tennis to a decent level and she reckons it's not off-putting. The much more off-putting thing is having an opponent (or the crowd) celebrate/clap/cheer an unforced error. That is apparently very bad form.
    sharapova was a disgrace today compared to robson who never had to grunt. Its off putting and interupting.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Yeah but thats easy compared to what others have to have. ok he may get nadal in the semis and go out, but he does have it easy.

You'd never see Murry on court 2 put it that way even Court 1 you'd be lucky to see him on.
    He was on court 1 for his last match...

I havent seen the others possible routes to the final so cant comment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by master splinter View Post
    roddck's wife is some type of famous model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/brooklyn_decker

hewitt's wife should go back to home and away tbh. Hewitt should join her.
    lmao

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Roddck's wife is some type of famous model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn_Decker

Hewitt's wife should go back to Home And Away tbh. Hewitt should join her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    He was on court 1 for his last match...

I havent seen the others possible routes to the final so cant comment
    and yet the media still moaned he was not on Centre. Lets be real if they had ther way he'd been on centre court full time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and yet the media still moaned he was not on Centre. Lets be real if they had ther way he'd been on centre court full time.
    Thats the media.

Murray himself said he didnt give a fuck. He might not have used those exact words but it was close enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vela View Post
    Yeah, I simply can't watch her matches.

Good to see our great hope for the future of womens tennis doesn't make a sound, if I was Sharapova I'd be embarrassed making noises like that whilst my opponent is maintaining a dignified silence.
    i swear our best hope is Baltacha if you believe the media that is.

TBH for me Watson and Robson are our best hopes tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but thats easy compared to what others have to have. ok he may get nadal in the semis and go out, but he does have it easy.

You'd never see Murry on court 2 put it that way even Court 1 you'd be lucky to see him on.
    There's no 'easy'. It's just a draw. A draw that's equally fair to all players. If it conspires that Murray has some lower-ranked opponents than expected, that's down to higher-ranked players being beaten. It's Murray's job to beat whoever is in front of him and whoever it is will have earnt their place.

And the court you play on has nothing to do with the draw. The top men will always play on the show courts, because they are the main attraction. Murray being British helps, but he's also the fourth best player in the world. Roddick would be on the show courts in America. Berdych would be on the show courts every mach if there was a Czech Grand Slam.

And he was on Court 1 on wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, he gets the pick of the courts usually, unlike those poor Wiliams'.

In tennis I think the best guy usually wins so regardless of how the draw starts, by the 3rd or 4th round you're either playing guys who are of a reasonable quality or just in the form of their lives, either one is dangerous imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i swear our best hope is Baltacha if you believe the media that is.

TBH for me Watson and Robson are our best hopes tbh
    Hmm, interesting.

Baltacha is number one I guess but given the bottle job today and their ages, I'd agree with you.